Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,362 members, 7,829,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls (13716 Views)

OBJ Wanted A Buhari/Okonjo-Iweala Ticket In 2011 Polls-- El Rufai. / List Of States With Electoral Malpractices In 2011 Polls - Is Your State Among? / Fg Releases N15bn To Police For 2011 Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Hakeemval: 1:40pm On May 03, 2010
With due respect to DIM Ojukwu, I don't want to believe that senile has fully arrested this well respected Igbo man.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 03, 2010
Sun of god:

IBB has pending criminal charges against his name.

He has been implicated in financial crimes against Nigeria. (As well as a few murders and drug trafficking)

Therefore until he has answered the charges and cleared his name he cannot be taken as a serious candidate.

That is your perception, but you have to be grown up to know that this perception has no basis in law.

It is still innocent until proven guilty. The man has not been convicted.

So while you reserve the right to choose not to talk to him because you think he is guilty, you don't have the right to legislate on whether others can talk to IBB or not.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 03, 2010
Lets stop these insults. Are Ojukwu and IBB not the people we Youths need to gradually diminish away from our minds? I'm shocked at the way young nigerians talk about IBB, Ojukwu and all those old men who have done their part in the dirt. We should just forget about them, its old men who should be gisting about this matter. How will ojukwu and ibb stories help you as a young nigerian?
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by SLIGHT(m): 1:48pm On May 03, 2010
babaearly:

Ojukwu should ask himself if he ever had a dream.
well he had one - it faded in 1970, i guess he has another:for ibb to be president.BTW i dont c why ojukwu's support 4 ibb is causing a stir here, ojukwu's opinion is not victory for ibb, let's wait and hope for a good presido; like i said earlier,aso rock isn't ibb's.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 03, 2010
SLIGHT:

well he had one - it faded in 1970, i guess he has another:for ibb to be president.BTW i dont c why ojukwu's support 4 ibb is causing a stir here, ojukwu's opinion is not victory for ibb, let's wait and hope for a good presido; like i said earlier,aso rock isn't ibb's.

exactly it is because we pay too much attention to identity politics that is why this crap is going on.

Instead of IBB this, IBB that . . . . .folks should mobilise others to stop IBB by identidying a more credible candidate to vote.

Preventing IBB from running does not gurantee you will get a credible candidate in 2011.

Elections are about who you are for not who you are against.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by informatix: 1:58pm On May 03, 2010
We hausa are the superious finish yabbing urselves. u tribalist we all know everybody voted for baba addini even i as hausa still feel M.K.O. it suprise me if the yoruba's r still in d doom of tribalism it's a suprise honestly.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by cchioke: 2:01pm On May 03, 2010
what does ikemba want now?
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by informatix: 2:03pm On May 03, 2010
@mantle bullshit tribalist northerner issue? i am hausa i voted for M.K.O and if fashola contest sure he has my vote pls. come out of the doom. tribe is not our solution but power,water,transport,security and education.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by SLIGHT(m): 2:07pm On May 03, 2010
@babaearly, you are right. I'm also surprised that the youths of our country gisting abt oldschooled politicians instead of us forging ourselves into politics, imagine 70something-year olds (like obj, ojukwu etc)controlling nigeria when we have tens of millions of under 50s in nigeria, someone needs to remind them that we are in the second decade of the 21st century.these oldies are no more relevant in nigerian politics.period
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 03, 2010
[size=18pt]I am out of this thread but this is my promise to you all.

In the run up to 2011 elections, virtually every Presidential Candidate who visits Ojukwu will get his blessing to run for President. But will all of them emerge President on May 29th 2011? Will Ojukwu vote for all of them at a time? So folks stop this debate. It is a non-issue.

That is simply how it works
[/size]
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by bisiaet: 2:39pm On May 03, 2010
Oh Indigbo!!! biko what is this again for heaven sake? When I read this news on Sunnewspaper I was shocked and ashamed of my self as an indigene of Ibo. Pls why is it that we are like this all the time how could Ikemba of all people say what he said? Pls my fellow Ibo men why is it when someone is already a rejected person and he is looking for people to use always look for Ibo people why and why?

Pls cant we wake up from this slumber? This same IBB took Chukwumerije aftre June 12 saga and our brother chukwumerije was just talking nonsense and shamelss talks to defend IBB why cant IBB look for his fellow Hausa then or Middle belt or Yoruba then why Ibo? but when the good day was on he never look for an Ibo man but when he knew is already doomed he then look for ibo man as if we dont have common sense to look at issue and diagnosis it well before doing any nasty follow up, pls we are not silly at all.

This same IBB is coming again and he face East(Ibo) again as normal tactics of use and dump pls Ibo's cant we wake up for God sake? Are we created for eating crombs that always fall from Hausa man's table all the time? or created to be mr follow-follow or what? Is it because he said he wanted Ibo man as Vice is that what as blinded us NOT to remember our own struggle? Are we made in life for Vice or Deputy president or mr settle for les in Nigeria? Cant we too say let someone stand for presidency from East and we all support him win or loose?rather than to be waiting for unrealistic 2015 nonsense rotational power that will not come or happen?

After we(Ibo) will be crying of magnalisation pls who is now margnalise us is it the Yoruba or the Hausa? No, is we the Ibo's that do the evil ourselves and ends up blaming other tribes it is a shame and I can read some silly fellow ibos on this site(Nairaland) still supporting Ikemba this is outrageous infact I see ourselve as a strange human beign honestly because what is the sense in this believing Ojukwu for all things supporting him for all things is this sensible are we blind? Even some of us call him father so sorry any way I know my father Ojukwu he knows how many kids he has is never my father neither am I his son I only regard him as a leader that is all I dont bear Ojukwu and will not bear it.

Iam so upset to read all these nonsense because why is it that every rejected ass hole idiots or already cursed person are looking for where to hide their best option is East and after use us, finish us and dump us and later we will be crying foul of magnalisation. In the first place how dare IBB coming to East first to sick support when he knew 2015 is the time zoning for the East if it will come to pass, pls let a real Ibo man tell me why? I dont care what anybody say about me as per this message I droped in here I dont fucking care Ojukwu statetment is a let down outrightly full stop.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 03, 2010
**odiaero zoom into the house again the third time to relax with his newly aquired Romantic Private Jet, and to say hi to the house**, behold, the civil war is still going on in the house, shocked shocked bad belle people, u na no fit spoil my day and my Romantic mood, **zoom off to Romance Section with my romantic jet to continue having my happy day tongue tongue** kiss kiss kiss
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Agbalanze(m): 2:48pm On May 03, 2010
I guess Ojukwu ll' say the same thing to any presidential aspirant that pays him visit but even if he means it, that is his opinion not Igbos.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by malele(m): 2:58pm On May 03, 2010
i thought this news was false,
i just read it in sun news online,
nawah for ojukwu only God nows the reason why
he is backing babangida.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Dotman01(m): 2:59pm On May 03, 2010
IBB using the power of money
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by malele(m): 3:07pm On May 03, 2010
am so disappointed with ojukwu,
i still cant believe he did that.
is it that we igbos use because of love of
money and do things not supposed to be done,
how can ojukwu endorse a thief to be president,
does he think if IBB is allowed will step down 2015 for
a south east or south south president
only God knows what was in ojukwus mind,
was he asleep that he does not know
when he said that,i just pray he
realises he has let us down
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 03, 2010
bisiaet:

Oh Indigbo!!! biko what is this again for heaven sake? When I read this news on Sunnewspaper I was shocked and ashamed of my self as an indigene of Ibo. Pls why is it that we are like this all the time how could Ikemba of all people say what he said? Pls my fellow Ibo men why is it when someone is already a rejected person and he is looking for people to use always look for Ibo people why and why?

Pls cant we wake up from this slumber? This same IBB took Chukwumerije aftre June 12 saga and our brother chukwumerije was just talking nonsense and shamelss talks to defend IBB why cant IBB look for his fellow Hausa then or Middle belt or Yoruba then why Ibo? but when the good day was on he never look for an Ibo man but when he knew is already doomed he then look for ibo man as if we dont have common sense to look at issue and diagnosis it well before doing any nasty follow up, pls we are not silly at all.

This same IBB is coming again and he face East(Ibo) again as normal tactics of use and dump pls Ibo's cant we wake up for God sake? Are we created for eating crombs that always fall from Hausa man's table all the time? or created to be mr follow-follow or what? Is it because he said he wanted Ibo man as Vice is that what as blinded us NOT to remember our own struggle? Are we made in life for Vice or Deputy president or mr settle for les in Nigeria? Cant we too say let someone stand for presidency from East and we all support him win or loose?rather than to be waiting for unrealistic 2015 nonsense rotational power that will not come or happen?

After we(Ibo) will be crying of magnalisation pls who is now margnalise us is it the Yoruba or the Hausa? No, is we the Ibo's that do the evil ourselves and ends up blaming other tribes it is a shame and I can read some silly fellow ibos on this site(Nairaland) still supporting Ikemba this is outrageous infact I see ourselve as a strange human beign honestly because what is the sense in this believing Ojukwu for all things supporting him for all things is this sensible are we blind? Even some of us call him father so sorry any way I know my father Ojukwu he knows how many kids he has is never my father neither am I his son I only regard him as a leader that is all I dont bear Ojukwu and will not bear it.

Iam so upset to read all these nonsense because why is it that every rejected backside hole idiots or already cursed person are looking for where to hide their best option is East and after use us, finish us and dump us and later we will be crying foul of magnalisation. In the first place how dare IBB coming to East first to sick support when he knew 2015 is the time zoning for the East if it will come to pass, pls let a real Ibo man tell me why? I dont care what anybody say about me as per this message I droped in here I dont bleeping care Ojukwu statetment is a let down outrightly full stop.

Don't want to question whether you are really Igbo but am shocked you can't even spell the tribe you claim to belong to.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by metalgong5(m): 3:19pm On May 03, 2010
^^^^^

Mikeansy you wicked oooo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 03, 2010
becomerich has a new map.

yay
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 03, 2010
metal-gong:

^^^^^

Mikeansy you wicked oooo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

The guy is ridiculous. I don't see the point of his long essay.

If he is anywhere close to the South East he will know that we don't do fall-in-politics in the South East. We are democratic by nature.

Ojukwu can vote for who he likes, so can you and so can I. That is how democracy should work in the 21st century.

For if we begin to shop for candidates that are wholistically accepted by one tribe, the very reasons that candidate may be loved by one tribe may be the exact reasons he will be despised by others.
We really need to learn a lot about democracy. The only unity necessary right now is National Unity not tribal unity around any course. For Sharia may unite the Hausa/Fulani but the same very reasons disunite the country.

Enough of Identity politics.

So I don't see the significance of people getting excersized over what Ojukwu does or says. Its amazing when kids who have no clue how the world works try to shape the views of an 80yr old. Not least Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Afam4eva(m): 3:39pm On May 03, 2010
Na waoo, retarded people like bk/baby, bluetooth and other anti igbo bigots always jump at any topic that has the keyword "IGBO" in it without even confirming if the thread opened by a fool is true. I personally will condemn Ojukwu if he tries any thing close to that.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Dominoifet(m): 3:45pm On May 03, 2010
Ibo-made:Chai, Nigerians let us live as one naa. So many infighting will not do us good. Hausa vs Igbo, Igbo vs Yoruba. When will all this end.Yoruba people no like Ikemba Ojukwu they even named a cooking pot after him Agbari Ojukwu.  ehmm  9ja 4 show

ROFLMbonyAO!!! Una no go kill me.***still laughing with tears rolling out***
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by benzion72(m): 3:52pm On May 03, 2010
An Igbo man will readily sell his mother and grand mother for Ego, Money, Kudi. Who started the Association for Better Nigeria ABN who got an injunction to stop June 12 election is not Author of confusion Nzeribe. Apology to all Nairaland of Igbo stock. Tell your elders to shun to much greediness
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by samcc30(m): 3:54pm On May 03, 2010
when u insult each other u start calling on moderator to ban or remove such person is that the way yahoo remove people if so u r not going to be here then.
so stop disturbing moderator let the insult continue this is free world.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Afam4eva(m): 3:57pm On May 03, 2010
benzion72:

An Igbo man will readily sell his mother and grand mother for Ego, Money, Kudi. Who started the Association for Better Nigeria ABN who got an injunction to stop June 12 election is not Author of confusion Nzeribe. Apology to all Nairaland of Igbo stock. Tell your elders to shun to much greediness

Another Isi-ewu 2010,
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 03, 2010
afam4eva:

Na waoo, retarded people like bk/baby, bluetooth and other anti igbo bigots always jump at any topic that has the keyword "IGBO" in it without even confirming if the thread opened by a fool is true. I personally will condemn Ojukwu if he tries any thing close to that.
my bad.are you blaming for ojukwu's support for ibb or what.you guys should talk to that man or take him to a mental institution.he's schizophrenic
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by seunlolo: 4:22pm On May 03, 2010
Briefing reporters shortly after a close door meeting with Ojukwu, the National President of the Pro-IBB group, Chief Osabebay, said that Ojukwu’s comments on Babangida was encouraging, stressing that Ikemba had promised to work with the former military leader.

if it was a closed door meheting how come we seem to be so sure he said what Chief Osabebay, is saying??
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by fxmaxony(m): 4:24pm On May 03, 2010
F R E E BR OW SING   in action, if not so how would most people be online to make no sense

if not fbt who would pay for access to be bickering here,

or come to make case for past corrupt leaders.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by benzion72(m): 4:25pm On May 03, 2010
bisiaet:

@Bisiaet why are you bothered about being tagged as follow follow. The thing they Igbo man blood. How can Dr. Nnamidi Azikwe the Owelle of Onithsa a learned man in deed with so many Degrees allow himself to become a ceremonial President to one Mallam with less than grade two certificate Mallam Tafawa Balewa. Apology to good Igbo stock of Nairaland
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Dominoifet(m): 4:34pm On May 03, 2010
Theblessed:

Personally, I don't support IBB returning back to politics because of his past ways. Judging from the fact that everyone is an expert in hindsight, I believe he'd reflected a lot on his past mistakes and maybe, maybe and maybe he'd learnt lessons. Having said that, in Nigerian money talks and he has lots of our stolen money with him.  I know he would release this money at the crunch of time in his campaign, and many Nigerian including some of us on N/L opposing his return would flock in and cast their vote for him remember, money rules the world - just watch this space!  My take is, if Nigerians decides to choose him as their President, and Ikemba supports it, who am I not to join Nigerian people. All I want is, who ever rules to be fair in their governance and create jobs, sort out our infrastructures: roads, hospitals, schools/Universities, industries etc because, Nigerian is a rich country and has enough money to do so besides, these are our rights and we are entitled to them.  We should not beg for them, at all. That's where I stand! It doesn't matter who rules, what matters is making a big difference in our peoples lives, making Nigerian people's lives more comfortable and worth living. That way, Nigerians would be more prouder of their country than they are at the moment.

Haha see opinion!!!
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Dominoifet(m): 4:44pm On May 03, 2010
bisiaet:

Oh Indigbo!!! biko what is this again for heaven sake? When I read this news on Sunnewspaper I was shocked and ashamed of my self as an indigene of Ibo. Pls why is it that we are like this all the time how could Ikemba of all people say what he said?

IBB is paying his medical bills incurred recently. When all his pple seem to have deserted him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

2019: Coalition Of 15 Parties Vows To Unseat APC / Buhari’s Ballot Box Threat Aimed At Scaring Voters – Sowore / Reps To Pass Electoral Bill Today, Panel Pegs Presidential Poll Expenses At N5bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.