Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me (45405 Views)

A 19-Year-Old Lady Is In Love With Me, I'm 10 Years Older. I'm Scared / Man Breaks Up With His Fiancee Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price / My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by iAlex(m): 2:46am On Apr 12, 2018
If you're still thinking... Kindly link me up with her.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Ajegun: 2:49am On Apr 12, 2018
Listen to your mum,talk with her,marriage is a different journey.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by showafrica(m): 2:56am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

I don't understand.

I need advice not insults please

Would you still marry her if she was not earning a dime? Would you had afforded the cost of marring her if she does not have a dime.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by showafrica(m): 2:59am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

she'd only provide 80% of the things needed for the marriage, I'd provide 20.

I don't know why you guys reason this way

It's not right for a woman to marry herself. Tell her you will provide everything for the marriage and simply cut your coat but if you don't have what it takes to marry her, guy you are not yet qualified.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Fusion23: 3:25am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

bro at least at 24 I've achieved basic things in life.
I just want to know if I should go ahead without my mom's endorsement and bleasings.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Fusion23: 3:26am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

bro at least at 24 I've achieved basic things in life.
I just want to know if I should go ahead without my mom's endorsement and bleasings.

Try and truthfully Convince your mum a bit more involve your dad ..just do more then if it is true love please marry her.

But be ready for any consequences ..its better than regrets.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by cenaman(m): 3:27am On Apr 12, 2018
you are marrying her because she is rich okwia?
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Fusion23: 3:28am On Apr 12, 2018
Ajegun:
Listen to your mum,talk with her,marriage is a different journey.

Do you know how many people listened to their parents and flopped??

If it is true love thou ..it should work
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by baby124: 3:30am On Apr 12, 2018
At 24 you are a full grown man and should be able to decide for yourself who you want to marry. But know that after marriage you will have to provide 60%. Will you still be in love when you have to provide 60%? What does your fiancé do for money? Have you asked all serious questions or Na de money matter?
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by scarr: 3:31am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:
80% Only
It's sure ure not serious

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by AreaFada2: 3:45am On Apr 12, 2018
yeyerolling:
parental blessing has no impact on the success of a marriage. Call her bluff
The first commandment with earthly blessing is "honour your father and your mother".

Would giving your mother a daughter-in-law she flatly rejects be an act honouring her? shocked shocked

Yes it is the guy who will live with the woman and cope with her daily.

Sure the mum might be just old-fashioned like many parents. Believing a 5 years older lady will not respect her hubby as traditionally expected.

But it can also be that she doesn't know her well enough or skeptical about her son marrying so young. Or she feels something just isn't quite right.
Either way calling her bluff isn't the right approach. The guy needs to ascertain other possible reasons aside age, that his mum might have.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by davidnazee: 4:03am On Apr 12, 2018
Is she pregnant? You should get her pregnant first before marriage.. ur mum will change mouth.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Ebukamath(m): 4:13am On Apr 12, 2018
bro you have liver ooo, i can't even talk to my age mate let alone the ones that are older than me. Teach me baba

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Dandybutix: 4:28am On Apr 12, 2018
Young Man, Marriage is not a union you get into because of what you stand to receive rather you get married because of what you have to offer. It seems to me you want to marry that lady because of her wealth. I also believe that is the reason your mother would ensorse you having a relationship with her but not marriage. In my years of experience as a man in a successful marriage, i have never seen where age helps to make things work in marriage. Love, respect, sincerity and companionship are the things that fuel marriage to success. Ask yourself, if she looses her wealth would you still be there loving her? A man is got to do what a man is got to do. Marriage decision is suppose to be made by a person that calls himself a "man". It takes more than mere genitals to be a man. You mother has only a right to suggest not to decide. Be a man bro, because all i can perceive from your speech is a boy. No disrespect meant. God bless

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Ade3000yrs(m): 4:31am On Apr 12, 2018
This is a front page Nigerian tory for the "weak" not week pls
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by dominique(f): 4:41am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

Is that reason enough to want to marry her? Because she's footing the bills? Those calling you gold digger and opportunist are not too far off the mark. I saw that you highlighted joining one of the gee boys on a post on the first page, I have a feeling that's your current source of income at the moment and you want to marry the older richer lady for financial security and nothing else. Have you sat to think about what becomes of your marriage if she's not as financially buoyant as now? Rushing into a marriage for the sale of financial security is one of the worst mistakes anybody can make be it male or female

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Omoapena(m): 4:47am On Apr 12, 2018
fancy4eve:
we re not talkn about culture, we re talking about ethics of lyf. Age is not d problem, assuming he is wealthy nd d lady is older dan him, it will not b an issue, but here d reverse is d case, better don't talk him into it cus his own case is different.

This is what I'm actually thinking,
If it were to be him richer than the lady, it would have been better but the lady is richer and older, dats something to reason.

Its really not a good move to go ahead n marry such person cux his future will be so complicated.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by dhabrite(m): 4:49am On Apr 12, 2018
This OP is a criminal as well a lazy boy, yeah you are a boy because of your shortsightedness. You are marrying and your wife is financing the shit up to 80% and you term it 'only', i am sorry for your lazy ass, as a matter of fact o stupid, them suppose beat you for that statement walahi.

You love her? Hehehe before nko? Didn't you say she use to get you stuffs, nigga that is not love, it is lust, your just attracted to her because of the gains.

You claim you are 24, a graduate, yet you are living at your sugar mommas house, smh, yet you have achieved some basic things in life. What are have you achieved oo, 0de! Its not as if you own a car or you have a house yet.

Ogbeni open your eyes and see the pit your falling into, na your type dey turn errand boy for marriage, yeye boy. Later now una go dey find seperation techniques like say na Chemistry practicals. Chemistry wey no dey in the first place.

But wait OP, u claimed to have been dating her for 3 years, thats the only good thing worthy of mentioning in this sh**, so na since 21 you don get sugar mummy, Kontinue!!! shocked

Why am i thinking u finished from a poly, you too dull for a university graduate, when you suppose hustle, and show the world that you are a man, you come nairaland.com come showcase your mumurism. Unless say u be scammer oo, but this your scam no be the way, ani ko hustle ko gba ope, and be the man of your home.

Your marle sef no sabi where she stand unlike your parle, she approves of the relationship but not the marriage, maka why, who does that? Is she a chameleon, or a stunch supporter of APC? I taya for the afonjas walahi.

Op has already made up his mind, Unless this story is made up, he will go ahead and marry his sugar mommy.

I should be expecting your next thread. All the best sha, all na hustle, this one no just pure.

And OP, where are you based, what school did you finish from? I need to confirm some things.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Wonderboy91: 4:55am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:
My fiance and I have been dating for the past 3years. I attained 24 last week, I wanted to get married to her last year but I just wanted to wait till I attain 24.

The problem I have now is my mom. She is opposing our marriage because my fiancee is 5 years older than me, I'm 24 while she's 29. My dad has already endorsed the marriage, I'd have liked to go on with the marriage but I don't think going into marriage without both parents blessing is sensible that's why I need my mom's blessing and endorsement.

My fiance has good character, she's very kind and intelligent, I can't afford to lose her because of pressures from my mom at least I'm an adult.

I don't know what's happening, my mom endorsed our relationship but she doesn't endorse our marriage just because she's 5years older than me. The thing is, I can't leave this lady ,not now not ever, she have done so many things for me.

in fact she even promised to provide 80% of the things needed for the marriage!. She is rich, yes she is, the house I'm in living in now belongs to her, I moved in with her in 2016.

The truth is I love her and I can't afford to lose her because of my mom's wish. Both her parents and my dad have given us go ahead for marriage but my mom still doesn't want me to marry because of age and my fiance is beautiful.

I don't know what do now ,that's why I think I need advice from you guys,.I don't know if I should go ahead with the marriage without my mom's endorsement/blessings.

please advice
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by mikebrown92: 4:57am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:
My fiance and I have been dating for the past 3years. I attained 24 last week, I wanted to get married to her last year but I just wanted to wait till I attain 24.

The problem I have now is my mom. She is opposing our marriage because my fiancee is 5 years older than me, I'm 24 while she's 29. My dad has already endorsed the marriage, I'd have liked to go on with the marriage but I don't think going into marriage without both parents blessing is sensible that's why I need my mom's blessing and endorsement.

My fiance has good character, she's very kind and intelligent, I can't afford to lose her because of pressures from my mom at least I'm an adult.

I don't know what's happening, my mom endorsed our relationship but she doesn't endorse our marriage just because she's 5years older than me. The thing is, I can't leave this lady ,not now not ever, she have done so many things for me.

in fact she even promised to provide 80% of the things needed for the marriage!. She is rich, yes she is, the house I'm in living in now belongs to her, I moved in with her in 2016.

The truth is I love her and I can't afford to lose her because of my mom's wish. Both her parents and my dad have given us go ahead for marriage but my mom still doesn't want me to marry because of age and my fiance is beautiful.

I don't know what do now ,that's why I think I need advice from you guys,.I don't know if I should go ahead with the marriage without my mom's endorsement/blessings.

please advice

Op

You be gigolo...
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Aliu0000: 4:59am On Apr 12, 2018
My dear Brother,i think your mom has a valid point.shes is seeing what you are seeing.aside from the age issue,if I could get you right,you said she owns the house you live and she's ready to take 90℅ of the wedding.my guy truly she may love you now but think of future in the other way round
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by enkay2go(f): 5:06am On Apr 12, 2018
You are just looking at the love aspect forgetting the psychological aspect.Psychologically, women tend to think 2years ahead of the men. That "age is a number" people say is totally wrong.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by sleekdre: 5:25am On Apr 12, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:
later guys will start calling us golddiggers, so what are you guys going to call this one

thief go and marry your mate lipsrsealed

oildigger!!
ole, you better go and marry your mate, ,no wonder biacan said you depend on a commissioner's daughter for livelihood.

You are truly UPSET!!!
thief angry
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by placeofallure(f): 5:49am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

what proof do you want? do you think I'm a jobless guy that waste hours to compose fake stories to Garner likes? I'm talking about reality and you're saying another thing.
yes, age is the main reason why my mom doesn't want us to get married. I don't know if she harbours other intentions but that's the reason she gave.

Then probe her further. Marriage is too serious a matter to be handled with kids gloves. Mothers are sensitive and there might be other things you simply cannot see because you're the one in love.

Now even you, are you sure you really love this lady and you're not befuddled because of her money? Think deeply and be convinced about it, and if your mum's only reason is age, persuade her more, she'll come around. Your girlfriend and mum, how close are they? You may even ask your girl to talk to her that everything will be fine. My mother-in-law, God bless her soul, had a chitchat with me before I married her son. She wanted to be sure I was for real. Let the two of them relate more. It might help a long way.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Tyjustify: 5:49am On Apr 12, 2018
Just listening to your mother pls
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by okoh66(m): 5:57am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

please advice

Lol ask yourself a question, do you really love her or you love her money ? Ask yourself too does she really loves you or she likes the way you make her feel as a young guy ? Marriage is an amazing adventure of you are with the right person. I have a gf, she is a year older and I’m getting married to her. So bro read inward and if you cool with t go on with it. I don’t see a problem marrying someone older than you. Then you have to pray. Talk to God about it that’s no 1 and you will have a concision. God still speaks.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Josephamstrong1(m): 6:02am On Apr 12, 2018
castro316:

My man lissten to The best advice. Marry the love of your life and keep your marriage of social media. In marriage there is no age barrier as far as you both have good plans for each other. Its better marrying more mature women because they have more to offer than dependent small girls. You have got to a new beginning of your life don't spoil it with the advice of your mum. No marriage doesn't come with hardships or individual differences. So ride on bro

That's a home run.
Bruv, follow this advice and live.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by MrPresident1: 6:03am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

please advice

She is afraid your fiancee will emasculate and dominate you completely. She needs to assure your mum that she will not do this.

But people change, so...
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 6:04am On Apr 12, 2018
Is it your mom that will determine your future,Mr Oga so many people are suffering now because of the decisions there parent disallowed them to take. Common you are of age,you know what is good and bad,guy follow your mind make you no blame your mother later.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 12, 2018
My broda my broda you be Boko Haram.... At 24 you are thinking of marrying someone that is 29. She is way smarter than you. Can't you see..
What do you do for a living
How did she attain that height
See my broda free money and free pussy Don blind ur eyes
You should follow ur mother advice.....
It pays
Wetin concern ur father... The old man won enjoy before he die Na... Make rich girl dey sippy her needs
She said she will be responsible for almost all the marriage needs can't you see Na she won marry you ni. At the end she will still use it against you. But I understand your problem cos to they see free Behind pussycat Bleep is something else I swear
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by livinbygrace: 6:19am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

You are still a small boy,so go back to your mum and say"Thank you Ma"
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by tammytam: 6:19am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

f

Is 80% not everything, guy the bible says a man that cannot provide for his family is worst than an infidel..., if you can't provide for your wedding is it when ur married u will provide.., why the rush just think it through before u regret all ur life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

15 Tips For Talking To Women And Attract Them Like Crazy / Lady Curses Her Boyfriend Of 9 Years For Dumping Her To Marry Another Girl / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At MMIA, Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.