Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me (45291 Views)

A 19-Year-Old Lady Is In Love With Me, I'm 10 Years Older. I'm Scared / Man Breaks Up With His Fiancee Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price / My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by BrutusOj(m): 11:25pm On Apr 11, 2018
BdorianGray:

Please don't do it.. Not again...he needs help OK..
That boy sounds like a diamond digger actually. It is written all over his post, he never said he loves the lady, he likes her based on benefit

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 11, 2018
Darkseid:
While I don't see anything bad in marrying someone older than you, you need to have something that would make her respect you. In your case, she is older, richer and you are also living in her house; honestly bro, I just pray you don't become the houseboy after marriage.

grin, let da little bro listen to his Mama, cause by his responses am sure in a few years he might even be given appointment as gatsman on top of being houseboy.

Marrying at such a young age requires a girl that is like 20, will hustle together with you not aunty way go always send you on errands

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:32pm On Apr 11, 2018
shugamummy:

Being a breadwinner,sponsoring 80% of marriage by woman is a no no in marriage. If you earn more than your husband it's different. But providing for the husband is a no no. Bible admonishes on that,...

Now I get it you are viewing it from a religious angle.
Well I don't view issues from a religious perspective I am not that religious. You have a point there but some people would disagree with you and even what you term a no no for the woman is a yes yes to others and it worked for them.
I only agree to the point that the man should be up and doing.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 11, 2018
Are you sure you really love this girl or is it because she is rich? Why I asked this question is because you mentioned alot about her money and the things she has done for u. Pls check yourself. I dont think your mum is refusing you both getting married just because of the age-gap. Personaly I dont see anything wrong about that once there is true love. But my dear at 24, I think you are too young to marry a rich lady who you contributed nothing to her wealth. I dont think you are man enough to handle her. If you were to be a lady getting married to a rich man at 24, its ok but a man...Ha! I wonder how its gonna be. Maybe mama is right. I think you should slow down and work towards making your own money for now.Just tell the lady to be patient and build up yourslf first. Dont worry about her age, if she is truely yours, everything will be fine and work out perfectly. But be a man first.

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Tobisky16: 11:34pm On Apr 11, 2018
prechbills1:

she'd only provide 80% of the things needed for the marriage, I'd provide 20.

I don't know why you guys reason this way

You call "80%" only

4 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Cadec007(m): 11:36pm On Apr 11, 2018
Arondizuogu:

You go!!! Don't be afraid to approach her
ok
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Cadec007(m): 11:36pm On Apr 11, 2018
Arondizuogu:

You go!!! Don't be afraid to approach her
ok
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Lomprico2: 11:37pm On Apr 11, 2018
prechbills1:
My fiance and I have been dating for the past 3years. I attained 24 last week, I wanted to get married to her last year but I just wanted to wait till I attain 24.

The problem I have now is my mom. She is opposing our marriage because my fiancee is 5 years older than me, I'm 24 while she's 29. My dad has already endorsed the marriage, I'd have liked to go on with the marriage but I don't think going into marriage without both parents blessing is sensible that's why I need my mom's blessing and endorsement.

My fiance has good character, she's very kind and intelligent, I can't afford to lose her because of pressures from my mom at least I'm an adult.

I don't know what's happening, my mom endorsed our relationship but she doesn't endorse our marriage just because she's 5years older than me. The thing is, I can't leave this lady ,not now not ever, she have done so many things for me.

in fact she even promised to provide 80% of the things needed for the marriage!. She is rich, yes she is, the house I'm in living in now belongs to her, I moved in with her in 2016.

The truth is I love her and I can't afford to lose her because of my mom's wish. Both her parents and my dad have given us go ahead for marriage but my mom still doesn't want me to marry because of age and my fiance is beautiful.

I don't know what do now ,that's why I think I need advice from you guys,.I don't know if I should go ahead with the marriage without my mom's endorsement/blessings.

please advice

Is your mother the head of ur family?
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by shugamummy: 11:44pm On Apr 11, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Now I get it you are viewing it from a religious angle.
Well I don't view issues from a religious perspective I am not that religious. You have a point there but some people would disagree with you and even what you term a no no for the woman is a yes yes to others and it worked for them.
I only agree to the point that the man should be up and doing.

The Bible is a book of history and facts,whether I quoted another piece of history which you know abounds in what befell men who lived on the sweats of women,what matters is the message. It's not a juvenile wish,its turbulence. It takes maturity to weather it and it takes the ability of the babe to always shut the Bleep mouth up and listen when the man is ranting. But I doubt that will happen in this scenario. Message is there is a reason the Man will toil to provide for the family. The moment a lady takes over the stress and burden of the family needs,everyone must hear it one day one day. But since the man has been providing,who hears about it. Why did Amara Kanu talk last time when Nwankwo who has been providing for the family is still mute. It happens and it will still happen if you allow a lady take care of your needs. Besides if the guy needs to declare 6bottles for his friends and needs to collect money from the wife,what do you feel will be the likely reply he will get....Only those who are neck deep into marriage will understand. Stop thinking you know and see married people. You will never know what one endures . Experience teaches a lesson

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by LoveThemChubby(m): 11:45pm On Apr 11, 2018
All i see U say here is how you cannot leave her because of what she has done for U but i want you to sincerely answer these questions:
1. If she no longer has the capacity to cater for U, will you still love and want to be with her?
2. Is her provision the only motivating factor behind you wanting to be with her?
because from what you said, your mom also likes the benefits you are getting from the lady only that she sees your settling down with her as a disaster.
FINAL WORD: please carefully analyze the situation without sentiments. Perhaps you might agree with your mom that even though you enjoy her benevolence, settling down with her is not the best idea. #Selah

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 11, 2018
Looks like you're only with her because she's rich.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Hapigirlxoxo(f): 11:48pm On Apr 11, 2018
prechbills1:

I've my own money.

sorry our love is genuine

If you're sure the love is genuine and she makes you happy, just go a head and marry her.

Am sure your mother wants your happiness, just let her know that the girl is your happiness. Finding someone that makes one happy is not easy these days so stick with your happiness first.

I pray it works out well for you

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:50pm On Apr 11, 2018
shugamummy:

The Bible is a book of history and facts,whether I quoted another piece of history which you know abounds in what befell men who lived on the sweats of men,what matters is the message. It's not a juvenile wish,its turbulence. It takes maturity to weather it and it takes the ability of the babe to always shut the Bleep mouth up and listen when the man is ranting. But I doubt that will happen in this scenario. Message is there is a reason the Man will toil to provide for the family. The moment a lady takes over the stress and burden of the family needs,everyone must hear it one day one day. But since the man has been providing,who hears about it. Why did Amara Kanu talk last time when Nwankwo who has been providing for the family is still mute. It happens and it will still happen if you allow a lady take care of your needs. Besides if the guy needs to declare 6bottles for his friends and needs to collect money from the wife,what do you feel will be the likely reply he will get....Only those who are neck deep into marriage will understand. Stop thinking you know and see married people. You will never know who one endures . Experience teaches a lesson
Please I am not arguing with you.Everyone to their kettle and experiences I only gave my opinion.Our experiences would be different behavior has nothing to do with gender because there are men who are a part of this your aforementioned who shout at the top of their voices whether or not they provide.
As for religion it is a personal thing.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Sirevangel(m): 11:52pm On Apr 11, 2018
bro please go ahead with your plans

mummy will understand surely when she sees your seriousness about marriage
mummy will always be mum she'll surcum surely
prayerfully tell God to calm her down

she's only scared because she know what some women can do especially when they are older than you,you are a man make her know why you are man

my opinion
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Duru009(m): 11:54pm On Apr 11, 2018
She is at her prime age and very desperate! I can understand.
Don't try it my brother otherwise you will certainly live to regret it. Money without happiness can only bring saddness and regret later......

One of my consin made this costly mistakes some years back after several advise. Today he is bitterly regretting it. Listen to your mother and make a wise decision NOW it's still early...

You absolutely have nothing to loose, remember this is 21st century!
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:55pm On Apr 11, 2018
prechbills1:
My fiance and I have been dating for the past 3years. I attained 24 last week, I wanted to get married to her last year but I just wanted to wait till I attain 24.

The problem I have now is my mom. She is opposing our marriage because my fiancee is 5 years older than me, I'm 24 while she's 29. My dad has already endorsed the marriage, I'd have liked to go on with the marriage but I don't think going into marriage without both parents blessing is sensible that's why I need my mom's blessing and endorsement.

My fiance has good character, she's very kind and intelligent, I can't afford to lose her because of pressures from my mom at least I'm an adult.

I don't know what's happening, my mom endorsed our relationship but she doesn't endorse our marriage just because she's 5years older than me. The thing is, I can't leave this lady ,not now not ever, she have done so many things for me.

in fact she even promised to provide 80% of the things needed for the marriage!. She is rich, yes she is, the house I'm in living in now belongs to her, I moved in with her in 2016.

The truth is I love her and I can't afford to lose her because of my mom's wish. Both her parents and my dad have given us go ahead for marriage but my mom still doesn't want me to marry because of age and my fiance is beautiful.

I don't know what do now ,that's why I think I need advice from you guys,.I don't know if I should go ahead with the marriage without my mom's endorsement/blessings.

please advice
Mr. man as long as your dad is in support no wahala. Women don't have right to decide who a child should marry, it is the father that has the right. A friend of mine once had issue with his mum, his mum doesn't want him to marry just because, he never achieved a lot of things. He went ahead with the wedding just because, his dad support it.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 11, 2018
Age is but a number. Go ahead and marry her if you claimed she's of good character. But make sure you have a job to do even if is 50k they are paying for you to be able to take care of yourself when need arises and from there to buy her little gifts. Which she can afford but that will Cement the relationship more with little things for rich girls they cherish it more than anything. Bros! Congratulations and wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 11, 2018
Marry for the wrong reasons and live to regret it
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Ralph2211(m): 11:59pm On Apr 11, 2018
Good day boi,
If u are very sure dat d main reason for ur mum persistent rejection is d age issue den u can walk to ur mum and let her know dat u truly love her. Another thing I am seeing her is dat u are mainly concern with her money because I don't see y a normal nigeria man will pack to d fiancee's house and still think he is a man. May be dos are d things ur mum had seen and made her conclude dat u can't marry her. Pls be rest assure dat u love her because marriage is not a child's play.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by colestephan86: 12:00am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

please advice

There are loads of things to consider my friend. But first what do you do for a living. Do u work do u own a business.. it is not enough for u to say she owns the house u live n she is rich cos that the main thing u have stated here. You have to be sure you can take care of her n not depend on her money. I guess that's y your mom is not ib support. If you are sure that you can provide for her n your family then I think you should go to your mum as man n let her know you guys will be fine together n that you wont go further if she doesn't approve of the marriage

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by oglalasioux(m): 12:09am On Apr 12, 2018
You are after the money. Your mother is seeing disaster in the distance.

Stay away from marriage, folks. Non has ever worked starting from Adam and Eve.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Jwonder(m): 12:12am On Apr 12, 2018
you are living in your wife's house and she is also going to pay for 80% of the wedding and I'm sure even after wedding upkeep will fall on her.. My guy, you will end up been d woman of the house while your wife's goes out to work, you will take care of thw children and make food when your wife comes back from work, House Boy Loading
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by kullozone(m): 12:12am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

she'd only provide 80% of the things needed for the marriage, I'd provide 20.

I don't know why you guys reason this way

You're just looking for encouragement and support to go ahead with the marriage plans... You're not looking for advise or ready to reason with opinions against the marriage.

Anyway, if it wasn't for the fact that I saw the first topic(you added "rich" before it was edited after clicking on the thread), before it was edited, and how you emphasized on her money, I'd have said "age is just a number". But from the story, I don't think you'd love or want to marry her, 'if' she wasn't rich smiley

About your mom not supporting the marriage because of age difference, I disagree with her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 12, 2018
Marry her don't take advice here,
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by gonkin(m): 12:16am On Apr 12, 2018
Send her details to my number at least im almost 1 year older than she is and she has income so 2 pockets are better than 1.oya send it
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by ediku208: 12:23am On Apr 12, 2018
Guy go ahead ......my wife is 4 years older than I am. Age doesn't define love ...na who man blessing help......better depend on God's blessing

4 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 12:24am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

please advice

Must u marry ur elder?

I know u were probably raped or sexually molested as a child by older women
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Obagreatdatoye(m): 12:29am On Apr 12, 2018
FromZeroToHero:
men age like wine while women age like milk. God created Adam first before Eve so a man should be older than the woman. in the next 20 years when she must have finished giving birth she will definitely look far older than you as if she is the one that gave birth to you. secondly for you to move
into a woman's house and for her to agree to sponsor the marriage is an error. you will loose your authority and respect as the head of the Family because from the look of things she will still be the one to cater for you after marriage.

this guy just speak the truth..listen to him
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Charles4075(m): 12:29am On Apr 12, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:
later guys will start calling us golddiggers, so what are you guys going to call this one

thief go and marry your mate lipsrsealed

oildigger!!
ole, you better go and marry your mate, ,no wonder biacan said you depend on a commissioner's daughter for livelihood.

thief angry
What the Anty, calm down.

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by ChimuchiYola(f): 12:29am On Apr 12, 2018
Preshy561:

take it easy madam.

yes oo
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by icedsammy: 12:30am On Apr 12, 2018
hajoke2000:
it's only in this century that we see it as a bad thing..

there are many couples out there who are also like u .....just like Peter okoye amongst others.

URS is just 5yrs that of Peter is 10yrs ..

age is not a barrier.

it is 7years not 10years sir.
be well guided.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Thomas333(m): 12:32am On Apr 12, 2018
Marry her if she is of good character and respects you as the head of the and leader of the family.Since your Dad approves your mothers approval can be over looked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Guys, Can You Marry/date A Hairy Lady? / She Said She Can't Marry Me, But Now, She Wants Me To Marry Her, Help / Questions Some Ladies Ask Their Ex-Boyfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.