Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me (45410 Views)

A 19-Year-Old Lady Is In Love With Me, I'm 10 Years Older. I'm Scared / Man Breaks Up With His Fiancee Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price / My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by tammytam: 6:22am On Apr 12, 2018
Hear urslf talking woman go marry u born pikin join for u..., shame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by ariesbull: 6:22am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:
My fiance and I have been dating for the past 3years. I attained 24 last week, I wanted to get married to her last year but I just wanted to wait till I attain 24.

The problem I have now is my mom. She is opposing our marriage because my fiancee is 5 years older than me, I'm 24 while she's 29. My dad has already endorsed the marriage, I'd have liked to go on with the marriage but I don't think going into marriage without both parents blessing is sensible that's why I need my mom's blessing and endorsement.

My fiance has good character, she's very kind and intelligent, I can't afford to lose her because of pressures from my mom at least I'm an adult.

I don't know what's happening, my mom endorsed our relationship but she doesn't endorse our marriage just because she's 5years older than me. The thing is, I can't leave this lady ,not now not ever, she have done so many things for me.

in fact she even promised to provide 80% of the things needed for the marriage!. She is rich, yes she is, the house I'm in living in now belongs to her, I moved in with her in 2016.

The truth is I love her and I can't afford to lose her because of my mom's wish. Both her parents and my dad have given us go ahead for marriage but my mom still doesn't want me to marry because of age and my fiance is beautiful.

I don't know what do now ,that's why I think I need advice from you guys,.I don't know if I should go ahead with the marriage without my mom's endorsement/blessings.

please advice

Your a gold digger
A lazy man
A disgrace to men
For marrying a lady because of money....you should be the one providing

I don't have a problem with age....you can marry her even if she is 5yrs older but I don't think you would marry her and of you marry her you would make a terrible husband because you married for money not for affection....

Get your ass and work ! Small boy

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by HoodBillionaire: 6:23am On Apr 12, 2018
the moment u marry her
u r already a slave
u will wash her stinking pants
bra
wash her car
clothes
literally ud become a house boy.
if u wan drag with am
she will remind u
shw picked u up from gutters
gave u money
guy better marry someone u senior af leaat 5yrs or more
wen woman hear marriage
na pretence full am
be careful.
if u marry her
be ready to be a slave

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Obierika(m): 6:24am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:
My fiance and I have been dating for the past 3years. I attained 24 last week, I wanted to get married to her last year but I just wanted to wait till I attain 24.

The problem I have now is my mom. She is opposing our marriage because my fiancee is 5 years older than me, I'm 24 while she's 29. My dad has already endorsed the marriage, I'd have liked to go on with the marriage but I don't think going into marriage without both parents blessing is sensible that's why I need my mom's blessing and endorsement.

My fiance has good character, she's very kind and intelligent, I can't afford to lose her because of pressures from my mom at least I'm an adult.

I don't know what's happening, my mom endorsed our relationship but she doesn't endorse our marriage just because she's 5years older than me. The thing is, I can't leave this lady ,not now not ever, she have done so many things for me.

in fact she even promised to provide 80% of the things needed for the marriage!. She is rich, yes she is, the house I'm in living in now belongs to her, I moved in with her in 2016.

The truth is I love her and I can't afford to lose her because of my mom's wish. Both her parents and my dad have given us go ahead for marriage but my mom still doesn't want me to marry because of age and my fiance is beautiful.

I don't know what do now ,that's why I think I need advice from you guys,.I don't know if I should go ahead with the marriage without my mom's endorsement/blessings.

please advice

Will you still love her when you start making your own money?

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by mylove4God(f): 6:26am On Apr 12, 2018
I will support your mum on this. If they all these conditions attached to her and she had done for you, will you still love her?
I can the love is still making you high, when you get older and it clears from your eyes , that is when you will understand the reality. Just be 75% to be come a remote bottom to her after marriage. I wish you the best.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by supereagle(m): 6:29am On Apr 12, 2018
mikejj:
if she is earning morethan you sorry bro end it... or else after the marriage she becomes the husband u become the wife

All those things don't count, I know many families the wives earn more than the husbands, but they leave happily. There is one, the husband is junior to the wife in the office, but at home, the husband becomes oga. My advice is if you marry be hardworking, provide for the family. I know a lot of couples whose wives are older than the husbands. There's a prof in UCH, the wife was two years older they are happy family.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by supereagle(m): 6:47am On Apr 12, 2018
Cutehector:
Your mum is right and she is a woman so listen to her. In as much as the love is sweeting you, don't forget reality. Because it will set in anyways and you will realise how much mistake you made.

The mom maybe selfish in her concern too. Please I advise to pray for God's guidance. He only know the future. Dele Giwa wife was older than him.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by supereagle(m): 6:48am On Apr 12, 2018
Advice to women from Mrs Faith A. Oyedepo.

A GOOD WOMAN, MAKES A GOOD WIFE AND A GOOD WIFE BECOMES A GOOD MOTHER. A GOOD MOTHER GIVES BIRTH TO A GOOD CHILD. IF YOU WANT TO BE A GOOD WOMAN, WIFE AND MOTHER, EMULATE THESE STEPS BELOW:

1). Never raise your voice for any reason to your husband. Its a sign of disrespect.

2). Don't expose your husband's weaknesses to your family and friends. It will bounce back at you. You are each other's keeper.

3). Never use attitudes and moods to communicate to your husband, you never know how your husband will interpret them. Defensive women don't have a happy home.

4). Never compare your husband to other men, you've no idea what their life is all about. If you attack his Ego, his Love for you will diminish.

5). Never ill treat your husband's friends because you don't like them, the person who's supposed to get rid of them is your husband.

6). Never forget that your husband married you, not your maid or anyone else. Do your duties.

7). Never assign anyone to give attention to your husband, people may do everything else but your husband is your own responsibility.

cool. Never blame your husband if he comes back home empty handed. Rather encourage him.

9). Never be a wasteful wife, your husband's sweat is too precious to be wasted.

10). Never pretend to be sick for the purpose of denying your husband's right. You must give it to him how he wants it. It's very important to Men, if you keep denying him, it is a matter of time before another woman takes over that duty (even the anointed
ones)

11). Never compare your husband to your one time Ex-lover. Your home may Never recover from it if you do.

12). Never answer for your husband in public opinion polls, let him handle what is directed to him although he may answer for you in public opinion polls.

13). Never shout or challenge your husband in front of children. Wise Women don't do that.

14). Don't forget to check the smartness of your husband before he checks out.

15). Never allow your friends to be too close to your husband.

16). Never be in a hurry in the bathroom and on the dressing table. Out there your husband is always surrounded by women who took their time on their looks.

17). Your parents or family or friends do not have the final say in your marriage. Don't waste your time looking up to them for a final word. You must Leave if you want to Cleave.

18). Never base your love on monetary things. Will you still submit to him even if you earn more money than him?

19). Don't forget that husbands want attention and good listeners, never be too busy for him. Good communication is the bed rock of every happy home.

20). If your idea worked better than his, never compare yourself to him. Its always team work.

21). Don't be too judgmental with your husband. No man wants a nagging wife.

22). A lazy wife is a careless wife. She doesn't even know that her body needs a bath.

23). Does your husband like a kind of cooked food? Try to change your cooking. No man jokes with food.

24). Never be too demanding to your husband, enjoy every moment, resource as it comes.

25). Make a glass of water the very first welcome to your husband and everyone entering your home. Sweetness of attitude is true beauty.

26). Don't associate with women who have a wrong mental attitude about marriage.

27). Your marriage is as valuable to you as the value that you give it. Recklessness is unacceptable.

28) A confrontational wife, can never keep a good husband and her home, she will be grooming irresponsible daughters without manners.

29) A woman who cannot manage her children, home and husband is a complete failure in life no matter her achievements.

30) A wise woman honors her husband, and respect him, in turn the husband will cherish her and love her dearly - it will be natural. Husband is a beautiful gift from God, no woman can stay without a husband. No good man on earth can tolerate a confrontational and argumentative wife except they have lost their value and become less of a real man.

31). Fruit of the womb is a blessing from the Lord, love your children and teach them well.

32). You are never too old to influence your home. Never reduce your care for your family for any reason.

33). A prayerful wife is very wise and intelligent and she is a better equipped wife, pray always for your husband and family. Conquer all your challenges and problems with prayers, only GOD can solve our problems - not parent, not anybody but, only God then You.

Send it to every woman you know. You never know whose marriage you are about to save. And to every man so that the women in their live can be appreciated.
Copied! (Pls. If you are a male & It was sent to you let your wife has access)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Hargbo(m): 6:51am On Apr 12, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:
later guys will start calling us golddiggers, so what are you guys going to call this one

thief go and marry your mate lipsrsealed

oildigger!!
ole, you better go and marry your mate, ,no wonder biacan said you depend on a commissioner's daughter for livelihood.

thief angry
They are in Love bae

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by brownhawk: 6:53am On Apr 12, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:
later guys will start calling us golddiggers, so what are you guys going to call this one

thief go and marry your mate lipsrsealed

oildigger!!
ole, you better go and marry your mate, ,no wonder biacan said you depend on a commissioner's daughter for livelihood.

thief angry
this girl will always be upset
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by amychizzy: 7:00am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

thanks bro.. your comment is highly appreciated

once again, Thanks.

That's what you want to hear... Just be careful and know actually what you want.. Marriage no be beans ooo
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Austinoiz(m): 7:01am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

please advice

Hear this..."I'd have liked to go on with marriage but I don't think going ahead without both parents blessing is sensible.... "
Also hear this, "...the truth I love her and I can't afford to loose her now because of my mum's wish.."
My 24yr-old kid friend, I think you know the game of fictions very well or perhaps the much your age can come up with.
Who do you want to buy into this your elementary make-believe? Certainly not me. So go get yourself busy with more fictions, may be you can come up with better convincing lines next time.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

bro at least at 24 I've achieved basic things in life.
I just want to know if I should go ahead without my mom's endorsement and bleasings.

pls I beg u to LISTEN to your mum...

what my mum warned me before she died about women happened to me lastweek...

pls don't ask wat it's....

but pls again, LISTEN to your MUM...Mothers see DEEP into things....

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

she'd only provide 80% of the things needed for the marriage, I'd provide 20.

I don't know why you guys reason this way
normally bro i am suppose to support but if u go down dis path ur abt to take, it won't go wel. U can date someone for 10yrs and she can pretend for 10yrs,once u gt married her tru colors cums. You are way to young for marriage now, y nt channel ur energy into another thing for now and make Money so in some years u gt married
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Adelaja2: 7:15am On Apr 12, 2018
I think your mum yet to tell you the real truth she saw about the guy but not really the age, I senior my wife with 6 years. Pet your mum and let her advice you more. Also talk to your Dad to assist in talking to your Mum.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Mozoe(f): 7:17am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

please I need serious advice. I can't afford to lose her
.not now ,not ever.

What is her source of income?

Your mum must have seen something.

Which Mother doesnt want her kids to be alright?
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by daclemx: 7:20am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

please advice

GUY ARE U MAD? SERIOUSLY, YOU MUM HAS HER LIFE TO LEAVE. COMON MARRY THAT LADY. AGE IS JUST A NUMBER. I WILL TELL U WHAT MY FIANCE'S SISTER DID WHEN HER MUM REFUSED HER FROM MARRYING SOMEONE. I WON'T SAY IT HERE. MAIL ME. LOOK MAN, YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH. AND REMEMBER, YOUR MUM IS DOING THIS SO PEOPLE WILL NOT START TALKING. ITS ALL BECAUSE OF HER SELFISH REASON AND NOTHING MORE. EMAIL ME OR CALL, I WILL LIKE TO GIVE YOU A DIRECT ADVICE ON WHAT HAPPEN AND HOW MY FRIEND'S SISTER ACTED. OKAY?

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by yourstar: 7:26am On Apr 12, 2018
Guy u want advice and yet u counter everyone of them u get here.. Well the truth is u already know what u want to do u just want to know if you will get many supporters here... But let me say this... Things are not right because u feel they are.. There are facts one must face.. You cannot marry a woman who is ahead of you all round and expect to be the husband! It's a big lie.. am a woman and I know what am saying.. the age is not my issue but if you must marry her... Hold on for a while, strive to work hard earn ur own Money and build ur own life more... If she is real she will wait because most times, time unveals everything.. Forget the good character you see today and face reality because we women can conceal a lot until we get what we want.. And don't tell me the love stories.. there is so much more to marriage. I wish u well bro!
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by toprealman: 7:28am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

what proof do you want? do you think I'm a jobless guy that waste hours to compose fake stories to Garner likes? I'm talking about reality and you're saying another thing.
yes, age is the main reason why my mom doesn't want us to get married. I don't know if she harbours other intentions but that's the reason she gave.
Yeah you are not jobless.. moved into HER house, gets gifts from HER.... who foots 80% of the wedding cost....HER! You sure ain't jobbless... your JOB make too much sense brah.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Geesaintagape: 7:41am On Apr 12, 2018
I strongly say listen to ur mom. Youthful exerburance n infarctuation is disturbing u. Just little more maturity u will appreciate reality.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by ikukuhero: 7:49am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

please advice

FOLLOW YOUR HEART! If you loose that girl, you may never find true love again. My friend and her boyfriend got married against the wishes of both parents. They both went to the registry with 1 of the boy's aunts and got married. The parents of both bride and groom threatened fire. That was in 2004. Today, they re still growing stronger, have kids, now in the USA and to crown it all up, their parents now accept the union and her bride price was paid recently. Age is just a number. It is your life, your choice. Marry that girl if your spirit agrees with her. Your mother has lived her life. This is yours. Live it and do not allow your parents or mum dictate to you. AGE IS JUST A NUMBER.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by chccho(m): 7:50am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

your comment is highly appreciated, this is the best advice I've gotten so far.

now to the bolded post, if you read my post carefully you'll notice that I never said I'm poor!, I've my own money. I have enough resources to sponsor the marriage but she insisted to do that.

Its obvious u dont want to hear the bitter truth instead u want it sugar coated.

You say u have your own money and have enough to sponsor but she is still insisting!!! Here is another red flag already showing u are not yet man enough to get into marriage because if u were and u have your own money like u said why should she still be insisting?

Mr man u better dont rush and take a decision u will regret.. Them dey tell u now u no wan hear. Dont let her wealth and beauty alone cloud your judgement. Go back to your mum and let her open up to u y she doesnt want u to go ahead..seek the face of God first!!!
A word is enough for the wise
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by barikay: 7:53am On Apr 12, 2018
The mere description of rich and shows that u are not in control. Your mum have seen it but may be using age as an excuse. An ideal man won't move into a woman's house. The woman just want to have a man called husband. Sit down and think. I see desperation. The woman want to marry and have a man in her life and you want to marry her because she is rich. What a wrong perspective for marriage? Get a house of your own, earn and don't allow woman sponsor your marriage, U as a man provide 80%. U may be feeling that you are lucky but hehehe you going off track.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by fancy4eve(f): 7:53am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

I'm not lazy, I have my own money
she's got 2 tins ova u, Wich is $ nd age, so tink twice
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by bossrillboss: 7:56am On Apr 12, 2018
the way African mothers dey spoil marriage dis days na wa...I taya for d mata joor...am tuking frm experience...na reason I gv up on marriage b dat joor.I no want disturb,make I dey enjoy my time dey go.shikena.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by chccho(m): 7:58am On Apr 12, 2018
yourstar:
Guy u want advice and yet u counter everyone of them u get here.. Well the truth is u already know what u want to do u just want to know if you will get many supporters here... But let me say this... Things are not right because u feel they are.. There are facts one must face.. You cannot marry a woman who is ahead of you all round and expect to be the husband! It's a big lie.. am a woman and I know what am saying.. the age is not my issue but if you must marry her... Hold on for a while, strive to work hard earn ur own Money and build ur own life more... If she is real she will wait because most times, time unveals everything.. Forget the good character you see today and face reality because we women can conceal a lot until we get what we want.. And don't tell me the love stories.. there is so much more to marriage. I wish u well bro!

Abeg tell the boy o!!! OP u dey hear now?

This advice from a fellow woman is one of the best advice on this thread so far.

Remember your mother is also a woman too, there is a lot she might be seeing that u cant see yet...

Be wise
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Schelube(m): 8:01am On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

please advice
Please listen to your mum, she is seeing things you won't understand. Marriage is not about love because at a stage, the love will fade away but tolerance to one another will start to set in. Look here, age is not a problem but she is also rich. Joining these two determining factors can be deadly. She might start to display that seniority in the future and when you react, she will ask you to leave. At a stage, her own friends will also be a problem to you. You can get another beautiful,sexy,rich and accommodative lady any day any time But you can only have 1 Mum.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by greypencils: 8:01am On Apr 12, 2018
Well I'm concerned about her real character; How she got her money, Her relationship with her ex's if you are not her first, her relationship with her boss, the nature of her personality, is she bossy or can she take advice from you? Have you seen all her shades, i mean her true nature when she is angry? Can you trust her to be faithful to you? Has she ever introduced you to any of her friends this include male friends of the same age with her? Is she proud of you and can introduce you outside to anyone as her husband? Can you guys go out/have you guys gone out hand in hand acting all lovey dovey not caring what others say? In your three years of relationship, do you guys talk about serious issues or all you do is Bleep? cos sex clouds reasoning, you should know that if you didnt before. Do you jointly make decisions together? Are you gainfully employed? Do you have plans for the future? Ask yourself these questions and be doubly sure of your answers. Only then can I give you my advice.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Safiaa(f): 8:08am On Apr 12, 2018
This one is a leech. Silly young dude.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Uguruzik(m): 8:08am On Apr 12, 2018
[color=#000099][/color] You have made it clear that you can't afford to let go of her no matter what your mother thinks, what else do you want to hear from here?

grin
prechbills1:

please advice

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At MMIA, Lagos (photos) / Moses Brave Pempelani Sakala: Zambia Man With 23 Girlfriends / Breakup: What Was Your Ex's Excuse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.