Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? (57068 Views)

Why Are Men Scared Of Approaching Women In Armed Forces? / Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Beautiful Women / Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by mikolo80: 4:29am On Apr 18, 2018
na dem wan worry diasef
WebSurfer:
The troubles of women and getting married These days is terrible
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by theDEVILisHERE: 4:30am On Apr 18, 2018
Eshence:
Nigeria men are getting lazy dats y!! if our fore parents didn't get married on time will dey have u at there age? its so sad DAT a man of 45 is just thinking about marriage at dis time, at wat age will his first child be? lol the earlier the beta. u guys should beta get ur ass up and hustle hard .a man is to marry a woman not d other way round

Husstle? when there are no jobs and resources available are streched thin among the already over populated population??
You want the average man to start taking desperate actions so they can please ladies?

Lame
Very very lame response

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by edogu(m): 4:32am On Apr 18, 2018
GeeString:
I won't go into any long sermon on this I'll just speak from personal experience.

No Nigerian woman is worth the trouble ahead. Infidelity is a serious Nigerian girl issue and it won't leave after marriage rather it will only get worse since her lifelong ambition has been fulfilled and she is now at peace.

Nigerian girls are materialistic and selfish. They do not truly understand the term "love".

Every Nigerian girl 25 & above has engaged in prostitution of some sort be it openly or 'coded'. There are corporate oloshos now sef. By prostitution I mean sleeping with a man for financial gain.

They are just not worth it.

I seriously doubt if I'll ever get married to a Nigerian girl. I'll have two kids from 2 different women & that's it.

Quote me & bash me but kindly produce counter-points or disprove my points while you do so. Oh & lest I forget I have no sisters & my mom is late too.

Goodnight.
Are you married?
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by mikolo80: 4:33am On Apr 18, 2018
which wan be corporate olosho again
suit and tie ish/
GeeString:
I won't go into any long sermon on this I'll just speak from personal experience.

No Nigerian woman is worth the trouble ahead. Infidelity is a serious Nigerian girl issue and it won't leave after marriage rather it will only get worse since her lifelong ambition has been fulfilled and she is now at peace.

Nigerian girls are materialistic and selfish. They do not truly understand the term "love".

Every Nigerian girl 25 & above has engaged in prostitution of some sort be it openly or 'coded'. There are corporate oloshos now sef. By prostitution I mean sleeping with a man for financial gain.

I seriously doubt if I'll ever get married to a Nigerian girl. I'll have two kids from 2 different women & that's it.

Quote me & bash me but kindly produce counter-points or disprove my points while you do so. Oh & lest I forget I have no sisters & my mom is late too.

Goodnight.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 4:36am On Apr 18, 2018
ellapius:
hahaaaahahaaaaa....storyfor the gods who said marriage is not do or die for guys. You better wake up to reality son. There are many men out there looking for woman to marry and they can't find. Men are equally desperate to marry. It's only single guys like u that make this kind of topic ur favorite Becos u don't have the heart to toast a girl.. ..most guys run to thread like this to populate it with nonsense so that when girls see it they ll be come scared and start runin after guys ...thistopic ll not make girl friend stick to vision less you all in the name of guys are scarce cheesy

Continue deceiving yourself

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Saintdaprince(m): 4:38am On Apr 18, 2018
abiolamitodun:
Why are men scared of getting married and why is the number of baby mama increasing
let's discuss

From my own point of view, men are not scared of getting married rather because of some factors, some have refused to marry.

Most guys are irresponsible.

Most guys are not ready for commitments. Rather jumping from skirt to skirts.

Most guys not sincere.

The way forward is going back where we all failed it. Stop calling our sisters prostitutes. If you don't patronize them, definitely, they will look for something else to do.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 4:40am On Apr 18, 2018
ellapius:
hahaaaahahaaaaa....storyfor the gods who said marriage is not do or die for guys. You better wake up to reality son. There are many men out there looking for woman to marry and they can't find. Men are equally desperate to marry. It's only single guys like u that make this kind of topic ur favorite Becos u don't have the heart to toast a girl.. ..most guys run to thread like this to populate it with nonsense so that when girls see it they ll be come scared and start runin after guys ...thistopic ll not make girl friend stick to vision less you all in the name of guys are scarce cheesy
shatap
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 4:48am On Apr 18, 2018
SoapQueen:
You keep calling ladies unprintable names, is it not men like you that break the "Almighty bro code" by going for someone else's woman. I remember a dude put up a post last week about waiting for his friend to break up with his girlfriend so he could shoot his shot?

Thank God you said he was "waiting for the guy to breakup" with the girl.

It is getting stale. If you don't want to get married, please don't. Some of you up there are boasting of having 3 side Chics. Who should cast the first stone?

Hmmm...what about women who have "spare tyres"?

Men have wronged many women but you don't hear us whinning and bickering about men being bedswervers.

Says who? Ever heard of Nneka bianze, the foolish nincompoop feminist who runs a facebook group that upholds male bashing? The deluded females who are her disciples say all manner of unprintable things about the male folk. Same with Suzan Coker of the useless Rant Hq group.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Mcreloaded(m): 4:50am On Apr 18, 2018
When u hear some court judgement when there is divorce especially in Edo state you will fear marriage matter as the court is more sympathetic to the woman.
So I believe having a baby mama is better in the long run
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by cooooooks(m): 4:55am On Apr 18, 2018
I'll speak for myself:

1. Atheist: I don't care about religion but obviously will speak about this with any potential wife

2. Class attitudes to money: people without comfortable parents who take care of them are ACTIVELY looking for someone to take care of them from the moment they meet

3. Talking to many people at once: there are too many stories of women seriously talking to many guys simultaneously. Even my sisters do this.

4. Tradition: I cannot see myself involved in ANY kind of brideprice nonsense or those N30k for paper or 10 crates of STAR or anything like that. It is a matter of principle for me and is not likely to change. I also have no time for going down on one knee.

5. Sex: This is slightly related to 1. I obviously do not idolize virginity but will not get a girlfriend who does what I term "PROSTITUTION RELATIONSHIP". I also am not interested in someone who will want to do with guilt. Mind you, people get guilty for something as little as a deep kiss and this will be compounded if the girl is the more Hot person (as has usually been the case).

smiley

Obviously there are thousands of compatible people in our country of 190 million but the above should narrow my search a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by henryhemon(m): 4:57am On Apr 18, 2018
GeeString:

Goodnight.

One bottle of wine for you. You spoke our mind.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by BigIyanga: 5:01am On Apr 18, 2018
because most women don't pay for weddings, men do.. and they cost millions!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by mikolo80: 5:03am On Apr 18, 2018
Kylekent59:

Not even that sef,after you might have paid all these bills then in two months time your wife will start misbehaving, replying back at you,abusing you. It's just complicated.

and u de look her de misbehave?
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Ayoagbajesamuel(m): 5:04am On Apr 18, 2018
many of nowadays girls don't have what it takes 2 be a house wife,
they can't even endure in marriage,
secondly, prostitution has gone taken over everywhere now, some women are not even ready 2 settle down with any man in the name of marriage

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by henryhemon(m): 5:07am On Apr 18, 2018
Mcy56:
Men makes excuses for not getting married because they can easily get what makes marriage unique effortlessly i.e. s*x.
There are quite a lot of them that are gainfully employed but refused to marry with an excuse that women are this, women are that.
While not totally against them, my question is this: is it not the same men that are sleeping around with some of the ladies and are making them untrustworthy?
You know, I think some are scared of karma actually.
Notwithstanding, I believed there are still quite a lot of ladies that are morally trained and descent out there.
Let me come and be going......

At least I will cite an example of Abuja ladies, how can one find a decent lady in Abuja?? They 're almost non existent in that city, go to Owerri that's a Sodom n Gomorrah in Nigeria, is it ph?? Abeg make una leave us till God bless us with better woman.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Eaugusta(f): 5:11am On Apr 18, 2018
GeeString:

[b]Every Nigerian girl 25 & above has engaged in prostitution of some sort be it openly or 'coded'. [/b]There are corporate oloshos now sef. By prostitution I mean sleeping with a man for financial gain.

Goodnight.

Oga abeg how did you carry out your research, that's a wrong conclusion. It beats my imagination how people think like this.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by TayorO1(m): 5:20am On Apr 18, 2018
Its a pity that ladies this days only want to get married but they don't want a husband.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by donestk(m): 5:27am On Apr 18, 2018
Sometimes I see marriage as an unfair deal for men but then, one has to continue his bloodline
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 5:29am On Apr 18, 2018
Shugavee:
its right there!! I hv Explained enough but u wont see it cause u don't wanna see it!!!

Modified *
U said biologically a women need marriage cause her body would be worn out at somen certain age!!! N i asked where in biology is marriage the cure to that!!

The problem is not the her body being worn out. The major problem is not having children before the body wears out. And most women believe that having children is more fulfilling within the confines of marriage.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by SmellingAnus(m): 5:29am On Apr 18, 2018
atakamus:
Frankly I am married but I see it as the greatest mistake I have made so far in life. The only succor happen to be my three great children. If had known the real issues that marriage brings, I wouldn't have worked into it. My marriage is eleven years. My wife feels the same way though. Marriage though is not bad but the mentality of women here in Nigeria is very terrible.
I have taken the past 11 years to make my wife realise that she has to to step up so as to help in the up keep of the family. I trained her is school, she said she will not work. I have a shop opened for her, she abandoned the shop for over two years. It is now that she has started entering the shop. The issue now is that I dont know much about the financial activities in the shop. I am still expected to pay the rent of the shop.
This period, I have changed and have become somehow turf on her. It is working out for me. Frankly I don't blame guys that are afraid of marrying. If not for three children, I would have walked away. Now she is petering me for a 4th child and I have told her no for now. i keep tell her she is not serious.
... Sorry bro... My close friend that is married told me not to get married ... Lol... He said I should use him as example that most married people are not enjoying their marriages including him.... He prefers I rather travel out and marry a foreigner... Sometimes I also get scared when I hear the word marriage... Sounds like a scam, maybe marriage is a necessary evil in this part of the world lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 5:40am On Apr 18, 2018
ImaIma1:

How many did you actually date before this your conclusion?

Is it from the little number you saw friends or family experiences that you have come to this conclusion?

Are there Nigerian women that have remained married and are faithful?

Do you have any family or friends who have been married to good Nigerian women?

Lastly, are your sisters,female cousins,mum part of this your conclusion?

Didn't you read the part where he said his mum is late and he has no sisters?
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Boyooosa(m): 5:44am On Apr 18, 2018
For someone like don jazzy I don't know but for someone like me, its means. I can't see them needing ridiculously.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by eyinjuege: 5:46am On Apr 18, 2018
Almost every single thread on marriage is opened by men. What is this obsession with marriage these days? Especially by men, yet we say its women that are desperate.
Everywhere you turn, its about girls, marriage.
Isn't there something more productive to get concerned about?
Those that want to marry are doing that, as evidenced by weddings occuring daily despite the harsh economy. Those going the baby mama route are also living their lives jejely. So chose one and live with it.
Its your cup of tea, balance well and drink it

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by eventsms(m): 5:51am On Apr 18, 2018
Final year project topics and materials website for students http://www.easyprojectmaterial.com
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by engrelvis(m): 5:59am On Apr 18, 2018
Safiaa:
40 is too old sef. Just hit 29 and see the pressure. You people need to face the reality, when you log off NL you know what’s good in your hood. You can marry at 60 but is that ideal? When your children are 12 you’ll be on your death bed. Commot jare.
when yr children r 12 u will b on yr deathbed....chai grin grin grin very funny n true.my dear leave all this guys forming boss.is when u get old u will know whether d decision u took when u were young was gud or nt.d truth is alot of our present youth today r irresponsible n impulsive.d advent of internet v given dem wrong version of life.dey dnt really know what life is.dey goggle every problem.listen u attract who u r .alot of our present day youths live fake life.dey r nt realistic.everybdy forming to b a millionaire in d future when u dnt v d basic foundation.dey waiting for chance or miracle to do it.nairaland forum is a typical example.face fact n b yrsef n d right partner will come along

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Oritzy: 6:07am On Apr 18, 2018
GeeString:

Goodnight.
Word of the day...I love this bro.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by sapeleboi(m): 6:17am On Apr 18, 2018
b cos we don't want to die young embarassed
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by lastmessenger: 6:19am On Apr 18, 2018
Only in the south are men scared of getting married. Go to the north and see sugarcane seller's getting married to two and three wives.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by LegitGirl(f): 6:24am On Apr 18, 2018
Safiaa:
women are getting married every Saturday, like I said it’s not my problem. He is one man out of 7 billion, and he’ll probably still get married anyway. Social media is an avenue for people to express their thoughts that they’ll never act on anyways most of the time. I could care less, just stating the obvious.

Your D point, honey it’s not that easy. It’s even harder for men to settle down because there’s a lot that comes with it. They have a lot to lose and like you insinuated, there’s not a lot of ‘good women’ out there. So face the reality smiley

Very correct @bolded. I don't know why men have decided to lie to themselves that they can get married anytime they wish. An average girl has more than one man trying to win her affections.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by crafteck(m): 6:25am On Apr 18, 2018
Safiaa:
every man on the internet is anti marriage now lmao. Pleaseee, cry me a river ahbeg. Women receive pressure as much as men do. You live in Nigeria with Nigerian parents, you cannot be a bachelor forever. When you’re 38, single all your mates are married and can’t hang out as much, lonely, nobody to call your own that’s when you’ll be looking upandan for a wife. The pressure from family and friends will be unreal. It always happens. It’s doing you now because you’re young, everybody lives their life to learn the hard way. Go and look at toks2008 or whatever his name is, he’s a perfect example. Just pray that you’ll find a good wife.

I just knew it would be a woman, if hes 38 out of his 10 friends, 3 are hapily married, 3 are divorced, 4 have kids but no commitment and are content, whats d big deal, thats the general status of things around, happiness is the most important thing...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Mcy56(f): 6:28am On Apr 18, 2018
CSTR1003:
Very simple answer.
Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free. ?
I know guys that sleep with their girlfriends more frequently than a lot of married men do with their wives.
Now how in the universe, are you going to convince those guys to marry?
They are getting The full package already.
This is the kind of thing Im trying to say and some are talking 'rubbiish'. angry
These guys are already getting s*x outside wedlock, even more than enough self, so they are less worried about marriage.
Now, the major fear is that they already knew how they've almost sucked life out of some ladies bress and pvssy, thus were afraid of getting similar one from another man passed down to them to wife. smiley
Karma things on point. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by crafteck(m): 6:28am On Apr 18, 2018
LegitGirl:

Very correct @bolded. I don't know why men have decided to lie to themselves that they can get married anytime they wish. An average girl has more than one man trying to win her affections.

And and average girl has more than one man shes bleeping, marriage advocate, add that in your write up, also add how most women aren't sure of who their first born belongs to and most men are 2 stupid to test, i see a generation of bastaxds coming, quote me if ur one...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

If You Still Do These Things Then You Are Not Ready For Relationship Or Marriage / Twitter User Searching For Husband For Her 47-Year-Old Aunty (Photos) / Nigerian Babes: Most Beautiful In The World!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.