Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,977 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage - Culture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (136634 Views)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) / Unanswered Questions On Yoruba's Hebrew Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 12:46pm On Sep 28, 2018
Obalufon:

i laugh mr sabi all.. wetin go deal with you is already close to you

You know you are shameless right? Outrightly lying that I insulted yorubas

I'm still waiting for that post
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 12:49pm On Sep 28, 2018
Obalufon:

you guys should stop fighting
Why would I fight him? grin Of course not, I am above that. Anyway, I am here to str8n the incoherent information he churns out online because he is a young lad-y who hasn't put himself to rigorous study on the ancient world's history .

Bro trust me, No qualm.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2018
[quo
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 1:03pm On Sep 28, 2018
0balufonlll:

Olaochi is not an outsider. If anything, he protects the independence & originality of Yoruba history better. I mean, he thinks of Yoruba as a stand alone original civilization & not a group whose identity is to be found in Arab or Jew.

if he could tie a whole race with bantu or ibo to me ,he is not a yoruba person..yoruba religion is more than 3 thousand years if we breakup with them there will be historical, cultural and religion relationship with the ibos ..possibility of igala breakup is viable because there is cultural and historical tie with them..black will write their own history not history of African written by whites ... To me ife ile predate even Egypt . lot of African scholars and historian that ventured to think outside the white man's cage and shackles like sheik Cheikh Anta Diop .Dr. John Henrik Clarke..proved Egypt and yoruba connection... Ile -ife is the beginning
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 0balufonlll: 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2018
Olu317:

C'mon I posted mine,so do the same grin. Ask obalufon to disprove my statement and CLAIM , because he saw it. After all,you were the fuming one online, while I enjoy reading your ignorant statement. Do the same as I had done. Or are you now ashame of yourself? grin grin

Mind you, I don't need you to post your *detailed* profile but your ANCESTORS ORIKI in Oonis ruling Houses,who were Lajamisan descendants. Mine is as clear as a crystal ball. What about yours?

LOBATAN.

I didn’t see what you posted. I was busy & missed it. Post again & stop hinging it on Obalufon. I do not have time to waste, you know who Obalufe is & wha he does; you know who Obalesun is & what he does, you know Giesi house & what they do.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
we need time machine to solve this historical puzzle.. ObalufonIII I believe your friend (olaochi) is a christian his not exposed to Yoruba religion and science he wouldn't have disproved the possibility of link to the east because middle east is assumed to be the birth place of civilization even our so called know it all white masters think we are from the east .. i'm once an Amorc verse in Egyptian mysticism and ancient mystical order and history also involved in my nativity religion....i'm not a bigot if you attacked my race i would fight back.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 0balufonlll: 1:39pm On Sep 28, 2018
Obalufon:

if he could tie a whole race with bantu or ibo to me ,he is not a yoruba person..yoruba religion is more than 3 thousand years if we breakup with them there will be historical, cultural and religion relationship with the ibos ..possibility of igala breakup is viable because there is cultural and history tie with them..black will write their own history not history of African written by whites ... To me ife ile predate even Egypt. lot of African scholars and historian that ventured to think outside the white man's cage and shackles like sheik Cheikh Anta Diop .Dr. John Henrik Clarke..proved Egypt and yoruba connection... Ile -ife is the beginning

Good.

Olo’o mi, I am happy you said Ife predates Egypt. Egypt also predates Sumerian & Mesopotamian civilizations. Sumerian & Mesopotamian civilizations predate Hebrew & Arab civilizations. So, if Ife predates Egypt, then Ife predates Arabs & Jews which this thread is pursuing.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 0balufonlll: 1:40pm On Sep 28, 2018
x
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 0balufonlll: 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2018
x
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2018
0balufonlll:

Baba, you just described your homeboy Olu. He knows nothing about Yoruba religion and he is poorly read. He his muddling up everything. He is not an intelligent person.

what do you think about ijebu Sudan claim......please don't quick to disprove Mr olu claim to Hebrew you can't judge based on ife history alone.. my ife history believe we are the first creation of God ,Orisun gbo gbo omo adariwun .go and read books from Babylon to Timbuktu.... i have heard of Ephraim group too in Lagos ..there could be influx of Hebrew in yoruba land ..or forefathers were great travelers ifa priest were likes monks in those days they traveled wide preaching orumila and ifa
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 0balufonlll: 4:30pm On Sep 28, 2018
x
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2018
Obalufon:
we need time machine to solve this historical puzzle.. ObalufonIII I believe your friend (olaochi) is a christian his not exposed to Yoruba religion and science he wouldn't have disproved the possibility of link to the east because middle east because it's assumed to be the birth place of civilization even our so called know it all white masters think we are from the east .. i'm once an Amorc verse in Egyptian mysticism and ancient mystical order and history also involved in my nativity religion....i'm not a bigot if you attacked my race i would fight back.
Certainly, there were reason before white researchers claimed connection to East. Diop assertion was East Africa, origin connection. Mind you, circumcision of both male and female was prevalent in ancient Ethiopia but their burial system was anciently different.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OgboAto: 10:24pm On Sep 28, 2018
Olu317:
Certainly, there were reason before white researchers claimed connection to East. Diop assertion was East Africa, origin connection. Mind you, circumcision of both male and female was prevalent in ancient Ethiopia but their burial system was anciently different.

Obalufon, this is why everyone seems to have a problem with your friend. He does not understand the things he read. He has no analytical skills and he is very naive - he takes things as is instead of critiquing first.

Mr Olu, since you did not know, I would like to educate you again like others have been doing.

What Europeans wrote was that you, a black man, were too dumb & at the base of human existence.

They wrote that you were very unintelligent, your brain capacity could not have invented indigenous monarchy; you were too crude to do the Ife & Esie artworks; you were equals with monkeys that you could not organize a village. So they invented the Hamitic hypothesis that everything of value in Ife/Africa was created/invented by Arabs, Hebrews, Europeans who were early occupants of Africa and you the black man only came into the picture from nowhere and met these artworks & civilization on ground.

Everyone from Fobrenius, Dierk Lange, Mundo Park to Christian missionaries like Bowe nthe founder of Baptist Church held the same view.

Look at what Bowen the founder of Baptist had to say about you, a black man:

The true or typical negro, as every one knows, is distinguished by his low organism.

His jaws are prognathous or monkey-shaped, his forehead retreating, his face larger than his hairy scalp, his feet broad and flat, his heels long, and his legs almost without calves.

He is athletic, has a strong but harsh voice, is more capable of enduring fatigue and exposure to heat and moisture than other men, is more easily affected by certain drugs, and yet suffers less pain from blows, wounds, or surgical operations than others.

His intellect, and especially his reasoning faculties are weak, his moral perceptions low, and his animal feelings strong.

He appears to be a stranger to modesty, doing and allowing things with brutal apathy, which other races can not tolerate. I doubt whether any negro of this class has ever felt disgust, or ever will.

They are naturally incapable of refined feelings.

- Bowen, T. J. (Founder, Nigerian Baptist Convention) in 'Central Africa: Adventures and missionary labors in several countries in the interior of Africa, from 1849 to 1856'

In essence, Olu, your pursuit is misplaced. The whitemen said those who created what makes you proud as a Yoruba today were not back men but those with caucasian phenotype. And that you, Olu, only came from where no one knows & occupied a civilization that existed before you.

Europeans tried the same thing with Bini when they claimed Bini artworks were done by Portuguese. They disagreed wit te fact that Bini people could do such wonders. They even invented a story around this to say Bini kings had some Portuguese backgrounds/connections.

Today, in our very eyes, the history of Egypt is being whitewashed daily. They are trying so hard to push a narrative that old Egyptians were not negro but caucasia looking. I am guessing if Olu reincarates in next few centuries he will begin to disturb everyone then with claims that old Egyptians came from Caucasus mountains.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 11:21pm On Sep 28, 2018
OgboAto:

Obalufon, this is why everyone seems to have a problem with your friend. He does not understand the things he read. He has no analytical skills and he is very naive - he takes things as is instead of critiquing first.

Mr Olu, since you did not know, I would like to educate you again like others have been doing.

What Europeans wrote was that you, a black man, were too dumb & at the base of human existence.

They wrote that you were very unintelligent, your brain capacity could not have invented indigenous monarchy; you were too crude to do the Ife & Esie artworks; you were equals with monkeys that you could not organize a village. So they invented the Hamitic hypothesis that everything of value in Ife/Africa was created/invented by Arabs, Hebrews, Europeans who were early occupants of Africa and you the black man only came into the picture from nowhere and met these artworks & civilization on ground.

Everyone from Fobrenius, Dierk Lange, Mundo Park to Christian missionaries like Bowe nthe founder of Baptist Church held the same view.

In essence, Olu, your pursuit is misplaced. The whitemen said those who created what makes you proud as a Yoruba today were not back men but those with caucasian phenotype. And that you, Olu, only came from where no one knows & occupied a civilization that existed before you.

Europeans tried the same thing with Bini when they claimed Bini artworks were done by Portuguese. They disagreed wit te fact that Bini people could do such wonders. They even invented a story around this to say Bini kings had some Portuguese backgrounds/connections.

Today, in our very eyes, the history of Egypt is being whitewashed daily. They are trying so hard to push a narrative that old Egyptians were not negro but caucasia looking. I am guessing if Olu reincarates in next few centuries he will begin to disturb everyone then with claims that old Egyptians came from Caucasus mountains.

you know i hate the white devils with passion

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 11:49pm On Sep 28, 2018
I can see we now have our old friend in new name, he has register new account again today. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Its always the yahoo-answer mastercraft, I have something for you here.

macof

1. This does not answer the question. Why did Yoruba need christianity to expose us to the existence of the hebrews? If we are the lost jews, we would not need a foreign religion, the old testament would already be familiar to Yorubas

Good point: If your logic is true, same should be applicable to your proto-group that put Yoruba in the same league as kwa language, which ought not to have evolve either, all the “niger-volter” speakers suppose to be speaking one language and practicing the same culture traceable to thousand years of their hunter-gatherer ancestors and we need not be subdivided into different language by now. We need no foreign linguists to tell us or expose to us that we are one people with all Niger Congo by Upper Volta, the old proto-culture would already be familiar with the Yoruba. I think you understand arguments better in your own logics.

Your question is a remarkable reminder that your sense of history is that history is fixed to one 'eternal-static-afternoon' in the past, such that everything remain the way it is in history, and tradition overlaps. That's why its always easy for you to bridge Obatala with Oduduwa and Moremi, a native of Offa because all have to be contemporaries. They must have lived and had a shop at Ilorin, which is close to Offa, since they all live at the same time in history, and who know whether they even lived long to our time, since overlapping is allowed.

2. name these families and their towns. Like i said, Yoruba history is first and foremost family-based, by any means certain families might have come from outside yorubaland, but their traditions would state this and through these families the general yoruba people would be exposed to the existence of the original homeland of these families. the traditions of these, according to you, hebrew families should be understood by them, it is after all their tradition of origin and we should be able to identify them with the Hebrews through these traditions without bringing the bible into this, these traditions should be able to stand alone first before we move to drawing parallels and cross checking for confirmation with Hebrews themselves.

Since you want names for the family, here they are: you can consult the family of Iba Oluyole; ask for the history behind their name, narrow down to Oluyole, Oluyowon-Igbo, Aseburuku-serere. Consult the Eshinlokun; see if their remarkable tradition reminds you of similar tradition elsewhere. Consult the Ipetu-Ijesha; ask for the meaning of Ejidun Olokun, and whom Olokun signify in their history.

Consult the Ohori (Jaka ara Weme, omoba tente lori omi) ask them who were “the people of the book” that their name “wemeh” refers to. Consult the men of Weme-Dangbo in Cotonou; ask them who were the “people of the book, the great-ancient migrants” (Weme-Dan-gbo) that their tradition refers to. Consult the Ileba (my homestead at Ado-Odo); ask them who Eba was in their antiquity, whence they reckon with the term Eba in Ileba?

Consult the Iba royal house at Osun, near Ada, ask them for the meaning of their oriki that says “Ile tete nimo koko te, kinto tele Apa, omo emini, emi naani” and what does “emini-emi-naani” (my paraphrase: I am who I am) stands for. Consult the Wae at Ado, or at their origin at Agonmeh, near Port Novo, ask them who were the people of the book in this phrase “yan bio meh wema ton” (that is, “pursued into the people of the book”) is referring to.

Consult Ifa oracular dicta; ask the priest what the term ‘erigialo’ (en rigialois, Cades) means in Yoruba language. Consult Peter Fatomilola, ask him to tell you what he meant by “ifa Olokun asoro dayo, eleri ipin, omo inajoko, majerun”, that is, ifa Olokun whose act brought joy, witness of the division, son of the fire that burn the bush without (the bush) consumed. If you can’t meet any of these ones, meet Peter Fatomilola for explanations.

Now, it’s your turn: name the family and their towns, whose traditions trace back explicitly to hunter gatherers of no particular origin, and reconcile your point with Ifa precept that proof your tradition as fact. For instance, here is the story you are dying to tell but have no revelation, knowledge, confidence or mastery to fix together:

Ile Ife was founded by hunter-gatherers, the progenitors of the speakers of Niger-Congo kwa linguistic phylum. Her history dated by to the Stone Age, were tradition places the birth of Obatala. His dream was to develop Ile Ife to a sprawling city-state. His quest was to create a new world out of Ile Ife, to make her a beacon of light in this region, where enlightenment will spread to the rest of the world. He will then establish a royal succession to rule over the empire. But alas, he had a weakness; he was addicted to strong wine.

One day, Oduduwa the usurper arrived from somewhere at Okun Yoruba or from the east of Ife and banished Obatala to the outskirt of the country, together with his Igbo followers. This was a paradise lost to Obatala and his courtiers like Obameri, Ogun and so on. But they were bent on staging a comeback and destroying the Odudwa hegemony, using their masquerade that terrifies Ife as though they (the Igbos) were aliens from the sky that has attacked them.

Then Moremi, a beautiful woman and an indigene of Ofa offered to help the Ife uncover the ruse. She sacrificed her only son, Ela to the Esinmirin River, so her success can be guaranteed. And then she allowed herself to be taken captive by the Igbo as bait during their next raid on Ife. At last, by her doing, Ife subdued the Igbo king who was betrayed by Moremi, and so the Oduduwa dynasty was preserved.

By this, you are not doing any magomago nor are you inventing a baseless history, rather, you are just retelling or affirming old precepts that are buried in the rubbles of time with the new knowledge that modern scholar brought to you in their bible of the linguists in broad perspective.

for instance when the traditions of the Oyo royal families say their progenitor was a prince from Ife, we clearly have Ife in the traditions, then we know where to look. That is the method; any other thing is rough work, like wuruwuru to the answer in mathematics.

I call this, ‘much ado about nothing’: did you first uncover the origin of Yoruba proto-culture separately to come to conclusion that it was fact? Did you compare certain things from the surrounding cultures involved before you came up with your conclusion or you just happen at the isolated fact in one place and viola! It was fact for all? Did you cross-check the Oyo tradition about Oranmiyan with Opa Oranmiyan at Ife before you accept the tradition to be true? Did the Oyo variant parallel with Ife version of the same story? Omo Oluwo ni? Which is true, which is fact?

Which of the version of the story do you believe and why? Because your answer shows you believe both. Why is the story not just the simplest story ever told? What do you do processing the data at your disposal? Wuruwuru to the answer and rough work are proofs that you did work to come to your conclusion, unlike people whose answers came from thin air without any process, engineers in suit, mismatch professionals with finishing but no trace of their workshop littered with waste products to recycle.

The Oranmiyan family trace back to Oduduwa, that’s the name with the link you are wary to share. The family is the family of Oduduwa, the progenitor of Yoruba race. It is this family that led the ancient Yoruba and her neighbours to the west coast of Africa, from where their offspring spread to cover the plain. The house that was meant to remind the Yoruba of their Hebrew heritage is the Owun Olowonrin, based on my present level of knowledge (the handlers of the tradition of the migrants), and some others that might not yet come into my knowledge.

3. Since you claim Yoruba are Hebrews and Hebrews are very important to Islam. There are several hebrews mentioned in the Quran and the Hebrews mentioned as a collective to which the Yorubas should have known that this people talked about in the quran are Yoruba (or ancestors of the Yoruba)

Alright, I know what you want, I should make one random alfa an Historian and make him find Yoruba history in the Quran. Hope you know that the prophet of Islam had a frosty relationship with the hebrew of his time, and eventually, the mistrust would claim its casualty. A whole tribe of the qurayza was beheaded, save for the women and children in the day of the prophet in Medina after the siege of the confederacy, which was on to kill Muhammed and destroy the Muslims of Medina. he wont say anything good about his detractors.

Many Quranic reference to the Hebrew or the people of the book was rife with diatribe, and a piece referring to the children of Israel of whose kind “Allah has turned some to apes and swine, who worshipped tagooth (devil)” exist. Well, for the need of this post, not for your agreement, the Yoruba have their own 'tradition in agreement' to this doctrine as the branch of hebrew that were turned to apes or monkeys as it is said in the qur’an.

You can find this in Odu Ifa, “Eti sasara nii muwon wogbo, adia fun orunmila, baba nlo ree ra taraeniloju l’eru, awi fun gbo afofun gba, nii muwon wogbe, won nf’ori ja’gbo kiri bii’jako. Afaimo, komaje taraeniloju ni inaki, afaimo, ko maje taraeniloju n l’obo”. That path is critique of “the household of Osun”, whose arrowhead (osun) is dubbed ‘taraeniloju’, (the notorious self-willed) ‘the original ape’ according to the verse.

Another hint on this is in the onidende play (ere osupa), where kids numbering about five would hide ‘ide’ and recite the nursery rhyme, “onidende o, saworo dede Osun. Osun ki, eyin ipako re rodorodo, iyare dobo…” Here, the Yoruba tradition is affirming what the Quran says and may not need to quote the Quran since they already have the idea. ‘Iya re d’obo’ means that “your mother became monkey”, which is talking about Osun, the proverbial monkey.

Having done your bid, I know how your mind works, but history does not work that way, it seems you are a kid or a grandiose simpleton. The religion you profess don’t make you an historian. No one read religious books and start searching and seeing themselves on the pages of history, as your mindset portends. Rather, they read and reason on the precept or imagery they were meant to see by the verse, and adapt the frame to mind and use it in naming their children or as allegory in shaping their character or piety to the anchor of their faith.

Not satisfied? Now, you often claim Isese, but how many times have you back up any of your many Yoruba claims with the precepts culled from Ifa? How many scholars have done the same? Because you don’t have the wherewithal, so you can’t. But it doesn’t mean there is no correlation in Ifa with Yoruba history; you just can’t find it because the revelation is not meant for you. It’s universal, the same philosophy solve your question too on Yoruba Muslims not seeing Yoruba-hebrew connection in the Quran.

With the oral piece however, the ancients’ children were privy of this tradition, and 'onide' is the 'linguist' who must find out the language (wa-mode-re) being conveyed in that cryptic message in the rhyme. They have discreetly accepted the Quranic challenge of being the stray hebrew. Quran teaches 'reverse evolution', when man became primate. It was preached in Islam and confirmed or given credence in Yoruba tradition. Let this ring bell in your memory, or proffer your explanation for the angle just shared.

certainly I know for you religion leads, facts are kept in the background that is why you propagate Hebrew supremacy as a non-catholic christian same way muslims claim arab supremacy

You are in want of what next to say to further your propaganda. Have I claimed anyone to be less human in all my years on this forum? Why make up claims for me? Let your mind keep wandering about without a rudder or guide, you will profit nothing in this your eternal enterprise as a demagogue, you are neither smart at logic, nor deep at tradition, in history you lack insight and your questions betrayed your acclaimed credential. You are neither here nor there, a wandering star you are.

Were you not claiming anything to be superior? Why not learn to be a superior informant of your claims? You claim Isese to be superior, but can’t make head or tail from it. And in your very present I’m making progress with the very repertoire of fact that eludes you in your religion at your expense. Check your brain, its wired to fail.

to be continued.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 12:06am On Sep 29, 2018
OgboAto:

Say (O Muhammad SAW to the people of the Scripture): "Shall I inform you of something worse than that, regarding the recompense from Allah: those (Jews) who incurred the Curse of Allah and His Wrath, those of whom (some) He transformed into monkeys and swines, those who worshipped Taghut (false deities); such are worse in rank (on the Day of Resurrection in the Hell­fire), and far more astray from the Right Path (in the life of this world)."

This piece is taunting the Jews or people of the book that their kind were transformed to monkeys and swines, and were worshipers of the devil. Your post confirm the people who were view in this manner by others and their historical background that the viewers may not be privy of. We know that Esu is principal deity in Yoruba that we take to mean the devil himself.

We are monkeys and sheeps, we are apes-obey (hay-show-bay) to the colonialists and to the baptist priest. That's what people all over the world think of us, it never changed from centuries, so its nothing new. We even call ourselves monkey in our antique tradition, 'afaimo, komaje taraeniloju oun ni inaki, afaimo, komaje taraeniloju ni obo'.

The Yoruba call twins 'edun agbori igi reterete, or edunjobi, omo agbori igi reterete', that is, 'monkeys living on top of the tree'. It was from the tradition that a family had a set of twins, and they were not forthright bringing up the twin brothers, this led to annoyance in one of the brothers who left home in anger and became a monkey, and since then, the Yoruba had always retell the story in oriki ibeji.

Chief Yemi Elebuibon did produced this as a drama back in time when I was a little kid, its in the same season as 'omolokun-omonide, omonisinsinkununsin', and 'ewojuobe emuyan', and 'olofin ijaye and elekiya'. It was way way back in the early eighties. The one I now have of that information is in the work of Agripina Souza, Dinlogun, and the Odu Ifa that gave light about the story is Odu Ejila-Esebora, the twelve that emanated from Ebora.

The Quranic version is found in the 60th verse of chapter 5 (sūrat l-māidah)

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 1:52am On Sep 29, 2018
i love this .. is getting exciting now..

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 7:47am On Sep 29, 2018
Olu317:
I could never had imagined, macof would had sent this kind of information online,despite the fact that I have my reservation on his style of aggressive approach to some of us whose views tilt toward the migrants perspective of ancient yorubas. It is real damning on his authoritarian personality on Ìsésé.

Anyway, it seems these set of people chanting Ìsésé online are always using such to stay relevant because, even an average yoruba person knows the meaning of Áàsá ìlé Yoruba. Perhaps,these Isésé town criers aren't knowledgeable enough that they need learn to observe, olùbòbòtíríbó àwo énú ,they won't!

In all their stands, I had expected these ikeminds to stand firm to defend their myth of how Odu'a and Obatala's father became unknown and mysterious, likewise,Obamiri etc but instead, they use negative, insultive term to turn away from defending their school of thought that *Logic*, Oral Arheology, Linguistic, Hieroglyphs, Pictographs are against their own claim but support the ones that had done and still doing the needful to unravel the *Mysterious* Yoruba, who weren't /aren't from THE OUTERSPACE.

Cheers

They do not have any history in their coffer, it’s all lies they can tell and in order not to be called out, they don't share any tradition at all. So their policy is simple, silence cannot be misquoted. But as for you brave enough to tell a story, they will subject your details to the hardest process that the fragile fact you have will break asunder.

Since they don't engage in educated discourse but mockery, bullying, trolling and cynicism, it would be difficult for an easy person to muster strength and engage them beyond two or more posts before [k'epo to tan ninu tank] at the end, and you began to dread them. I really salute your courage slogging it out with their champion, Ogbon nii segun.

They have been calling Oduduwa 'the usurper', imagine such fellows, aren't these really some descendants of one with character defect indeed, and a wine-babbler, mocking and laughing and jiving? A man will behave like his ancestors. All they know how to do best is transforming a piece of "misinformation" to an astounding, unbreakable tradition that never lead to any other tradition in Yoruba. Such is an adagun, without proof.

They have stood against you having link with Ife even if in the remotest past, yet the same folks claim all Yoruba came from Ile Ife, is that not double standard enough? Olu's remarkable ancestors did not come from Ife, but other Yoruba people and as many as their kings were, does. Is that not a remarkable conclusion to ponder upon?

The tradition they were touting here is that of Orunmila, who was referred to as 'Edu' in a passage of Ifa, of whom it is said, "Ifa o mu sekete ifa o niye, baba gbagba oti kanri, iye Edu la!" While the verse claimed that Ifa took wine to boost his memory, this people find a way to transform this tradition and superimpose Obatala on it as 'archenemy' of Oduduwa. How so?

Obatala is not a contemporary of Oduduwa, his nature is not connected to migration, he was established as a sculpture (morimori) in the homeland of the ancient Yoruba, Orun. In fact, if these people are wise, they will respect the Yoruba tradition that says "Olobatala kii memu" and leave Obatala out of the drunk business, but they needed a story to tell, any storying would do.

Obatala is identical with Orisa-Nla or Osala, and of him is the saying, 'babami ala funfun gboo kanle' the adjective 'gbo' has become Igbo on nairaland, and it is the root of Igbo/Ugbo that we now have becoming a tradition on its own, meanwhile, gbo is the whiteness of the tunic of Obatala. So, Olugbo can blend in to Oba-gbo, cropping out the rest of the information for just 'gbo' and affixing anything you like.

You can see how our researchers are progressing, "cognate reformation" must be a course in historical departments in our universities. Now the point is, if this was what led to the rise of Oduduwa and the fall of Obatala, how come the Yoruba came to claim Oduduwa was their ancestor? there was a fight between Obatala and Oduduwa, then Yoruba claim Oduduwa was their progenitor because he won?

The Yoruba were not aware of this "reassignment of icons of Yoruba history". They were familiar with the tradition of mecca origin taught them in the school, the hamitic theory so to speak. If you are a researcher, no need improve on the "hamitic theory", let go of it and uncover a different name, but the fools want to eat their cake and have it by changing the narrative to fit their local content, in the name of being scholars.

folks, you are trained to do research, not to do 'join-join' work by synchronizing different anachronistic traditions and 'iya oba baba tan' kind of history together because it all (assumed to have) happened in the same realm, let your claim have a wider scope, reaching the exterior limits of the realms of knowledge, not an unsearchable gist that everyone must bow to because it comes from somewhere but nowhere in particular.

Come out with your claims, don't be wise by half.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 10:48am On Sep 29, 2018
absoluteSuccess:

They do not have any history in their coffer, it’s all lies they can tell and in order not to be called out, they don't share any tradition at all. So their policy is simple, silence cannot be misquoted. But as for you brave enough to tell a story, they will subject your details to the hardest process that the fragile fact you have will break asunder.

Since they don't engage in educated discourse but mockery, bullying, trolling and cynicism, it would be difficult for an easy person to muster strength and engage them beyond two or more posts before [k'epo to tan ninu tank] at the end, and you began to dread them. I really salute your courage slogging it out with their champion, Ogbon nii segun.

They have been calling Oduduwa 'the usurper', imagine such fellows, aren't these really some descendants of one with character defect indeed, and a wine-babbler, mocking and laughing and jiving? A man will behave like his ancestors. All they know how to do best is transforming a piece of "misinformation" to an astounding, unbreakable tradition that never lead to any other tradition in Yoruba. Such is an adagun, without proof.

They have stood against you having link with Ife even if in the remotest past, yet the same folks claim all Yoruba came from Ile Ife, is that not double standard enough? Olu's remarkable ancestors did not come from Ife, but other Yoruba people and as many as their kings were, does. Is that not a remarkable conclusion to ponder upon?

The tradition they were touting here is that of Orunmila, who was referred to as 'Edu' in a passage of Ifa, of whom it is said, "Ifa o mu sekete ifa o niye, baba gbagba oti kanri, iye Edu la!" While the verse claimed that Ifa took wine to boost his memory, this people find a way to transform this tradition and superimpose Obatala on it as 'archenemy' of Oduduwa. How so?

Obatala is not a contemporary of Oduduwa, his nature is not connected to migration, he was established as a sculpture (morimori) in the homeland of the ancient Yoruba, Orun. In fact, if these people are wise, they will respect the Yoruba tradition that says "Olobatala kii memu" and leave Obatala out of the drunk business, but they needed a story to tell, any storying would do.

Obatala is identical with Orisa-Nla or Osala, and of him is the saying, 'babami ala funfun gboo kanle' the adjective 'gbo' has become Igbo on nairaland, and it is the root of Igbo/Ugbo that we now have becoming a tradition on its own, meanwhile, gbo is the whiteness of the tunic of Obatala. So, Olugbo can blend in to Oba-gbo, cropping out the rest of the information for just 'gbo' and affixing anything you like.

You can see how our researchers are progressing, "cognate reformation" must be a course in historical departments in our universities. Now the point is, if this was what led to the rise of Oduduwa and the fall of Obatala, how come the Yoruba came to claim Oduduwa was their ancestor? there was a fight between Obatala and Oduduwa, then Yoruba claim Oduduwa was their progenitor because he won?

The Yoruba were not aware of this "reassignment of icons of Yoruba history". They were familiar with the tradition of mecca origin taught them in the school, the hamitic theory so to speak. If you are a researcher, no need improve on the "hamitic theory", let go of it and uncover a different name, but the fools want to eat their cake and have it by changing the narrative to fit their local content, in the name of being scholars.

folks, you are trained to do research, not to do 'join-join' work by synchronizing different anachronistic traditions and 'iya oba baba tan' kind of history together because it all (assumed to have) happened in the same realm, let your claim have a wider scope, reaching the exterior limits of the realms of knowledge, not an unsearchable gist that everyone must bow to because it comes from somewhere but nowhere in particular.

grin grin grin this guy ehn, you just want to defraud people here sha

Next thing, you'll start charging those who send you privat messages to be misled with reinvented history

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2018
The hopeless fool above ^^^ always strive hard to make sure people don't see my moniker in the homepage at culture section, what a world to live in for this diabolic soul. I made a post, he rush in to cover the track with nothing sensible to say than gibberish as usual. grin grin grin grin

Imagine the direction the fool is gone again? Not secure with what he's seeing here, he wants to find out more so he can be sure I'm not getting secret admirers with what I'm posting. Look at how a human being is using his brain, not useful to its own intellectual defense but as demonic monitoring spirit. My post will get you the hypertension that will kill youcheesy cheesy cheesy

You have the opportunity to tell a story, but alas, you do not have the brain for it. I have become your story on nairaland. I've made more than half a million in sales back in the years on this page from fohow, but you didn't hear anything about it because I'm very forthright and honest. I never took anyone's money bro.

People send 120,000, 60,000, 40,000, 20,000, 10,000 and inumerable 12,000 naira into my account for one product or the other. You never hear about it because I'm not a scammer. If I have scammed anyone, they would have come back here and blow the whistle. Thank God for this site and my simple blogger page, i never beg from you na cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I know your campaign of calumny is targeting my business or anything about me here, but I have left hustling online to building a brand offline, hence I don't jostle for frontpage as I used to do. Its a good site to do business, but you can have it, I no longer update my blog with this account, can't even remember the password, so you are punishing yourself trying to pull a smear campaign.

Use all your money to buy common sense. You have everything as you claim, it gives you joy over others whom you are not feeding, thats "fools' paradise", now here you are again still very insecure about my DM. Guy, you lack knowledge, whatever you have, without without internal locus standi, it is nothing. It has made me the object of your obsession. transgay, guy I'm married with kids.

Devil, be gone.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 3:19pm On Sep 29, 2018
absoluteSuccess:
The hopeless fool above ^^^ always strive hard to make sure people don't see my moniker in the homepage at culture section, what a world to live in for this diabolic soul. I made a post, he rush in to cover the track with nothing sensible to say than gibberish as usual. grin grin grin grin

Imagine the direction the fool is gone again? Not secure with what he's seeing here, he wants to find out more so he can be sure I'm not getting secret admirers with what I'm posting. Look at how a human being is using his brain, not useful to its own intellectual defense but as demonic monitoring spirit. My post will get you the hypertension that will kill youcheesy cheesy cheesy

You have the opportunity to tell a story, but alas, you do not have the brain for it. I have become your story on nairaland. I've made more than half a million in sales back in the years on this page from fohow, but you didn't hear anything about it because I'm very forthright and honest. I never took anyone's money bro.

People send 120,000, 60,000, 40,000, 20,000, 10,000 and inumerable 12,000 naira into my account for one product or the other. You never hear about it because I'm not a scammer. If I have scammed anyone, they would have come back here and blow the whistle. Thank God for this site and my simple blogger page, i never beg from you na cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I know your campaign of calumny is targeting my business or anything about me here, but I have left hustling online to building a brand offline, hence I don't jostle for frontpage as I used to do. Its a good site to do business, but you can have it, I no longer update my blog with this account, can't even remember the password, so you are punishing yourself trying to pull a smear campaign.

Use all your money to buy common sense. You have everything as you claim, it gives you joy over others whom you are not feeding, thats "fools' paradise", now here you are again still very insecure about my DM. Guy, you lack knowledge, whatever you have, without without internal locus standi, it is nothing. It has made me the object of your obsession. transgay, guy I'm married with kids.

Devil, be gone.

With every post and your desperation for admirers and people seeing your post on the homepage, you expose yourself as really after nairaland fame, so you can defraud people
This is the way you want to hustle grin grin poverty is not good rárá

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2018
OgboAto:

What's this one? I am not interested in your opinion or someone else as likened to Bowen on the description of some Africans that looked Apelike.

People like you are the reason evil act continue in the world because, you picked a part of a man's opinion to attack me,when the same man CLASSIFIED Yoruba differently. Apart from this, have you no knowledge of Apelike myth being in Yoruba folklore grin ? If you are Yoruba, visit elders with vast knowledge on this .

So stop this retrogressive view that even scientific research by the same Caucasians posited that humanoid ancestors came out Africa,even with fossil human evidence. Please, save me this view of yours because it distracts . If you have anything worthwhile,candidly contribute.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 5:38pm On Sep 29, 2018
absoluteSuccess:

You are awesome with your encouragement but trust me, they don't bother me because they are intellectually stagnant and have nowhere to go . And Yes, the novice accused Adimula, as an usurper, yet the man lived and organised a monarchial system that has sustained genealogical links,with the longest dynasty in AFRICA, Middle East and second to HAN dynasty (206 BC–220 AD) China, which had collapsed 1000+ of years ago. This same people are the ones that still claim genealogical link with Olofin Adimula, Isn't it funny? Anyway, I remain an humble descendant of Ooni olofin descendants, especially through Oanmiyan patrilineal loin.

Mind you, my ancestor oriki is; Omo arogun màsà aróté màbérú àfídí pótémólé.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 6:17pm On Sep 29, 2018
absoluteSuccess:

Obatala is identical with Orisa-Nla or Osala, and of him is the saying, 'babami ala funfun gboo kanle' the adjective 'gbo' has become Igbo on nairaland, and it is the root of Igbo/Ugbo that we now have becoming a tradition on its own, meanwhile, gbo is the whiteness of the tunic of Obatala. So, Olugbo can blend in to Oba-gbo, cropping out the rest of the information for just 'gbo' and affixing anything you like....??
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2018
Olu317:
You are awesome with your encouragement but trust me, they don't bother me because they are intellectually stagnant and have nowhere to go . And Yes, the novice accused Adimula, as an usurper, yet the man lived and organised a monarchial system that has sustained genealogical links,with the longest dynasty in AFRICA, Middle East and second to HAN dynasty (206 BC–220 AD) China, which had collapsed 1000+ of years ago. This same people are the ones that still claim genealogical link with Olofin Adimula, Isn't it funny? Anyway, I remain an humble descendant of Ooni olofin descendants, especially through Oanmiyan patrilineal loin.

Mind you, my ancestor oriki is; Omo arogun màsà aróté màbérú àfídí pótémólé.

Cheers

Olu please summarize the monkey claim by your friend.. i don't look like monkey laugh

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2018
Obalufon:
.. so you think ...Benin republic yoruba /anago will pick out ibos from yoruba because they are our cousin.. Hausa man know themselves ..during the civilize war yoruba can't infiltrate the ibos without getting detected even with good knowledge of ibo language and culture..hausa man know what they look like ..
The Bénin Republic can't pick out yoruba from Ibos but differentiate us through our languages. This is because, Nigeria yoruba language is intelligible to Yorubas of Bénin Republic. But Ibo language is outrightly alien. I know this because I lived in Bénin for some years and I know how every peculiar look is stigmatised as, ‘ Ibo'. The Fon people ignorantly calls English speaking Nigerians Ibos, until such person claim Yoruba, a language which they don't understand the language but because of long historical connection with them, they show some traditional respect. Mind you, Yoruba orisa Ibeji is well appreciated and is part of their cherished tradition that's showcase in their museum.

Note:
This is a personal and first hand information on Republique du Bénin .
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 0balufonlll: 8:59pm On Sep 29, 2018
x

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 9:10pm On Sep 29, 2018
Olu317:
The Bénin Republic can't pick out yoruba from Ibos but differentiate us through our languages. This is because, Nigeria yoruba language is intelligible to Yorubas of Bénin Republic. But Ibo language is outrightly alien. I know this because I lived in Bénin for some years and I know how every peculiar look is stigmatised as, ‘ Ibo'. The Fon people ignorantly calls English speaking Nigerians Ibos, until such person claim Yoruba, a language which they don't understand the language but because of long historical connection with them, they show some traditional respect. Mind you, Yoruba orisa Ibeji is well appreciated and is part of their cherished tradition that's showcase in their museum.

Note:
This is a personal and first hand information on Republique du Bénin .

bro ..i need more information on monkey story by your friend absolute.. he real makes lots of sense with the yoruba Hebrew connection . but there are little flaws on his long write up.. Esu is not devil there is nothing devil in ife or yoruba tradition. and the story of gbo too

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 9:12pm On Sep 29, 2018
0balufonlll:

Lol what manner of nonsense is this? Did you read what you wrote? Do you actually think you could stand in the front of professors of History & hinge your nonsense on quran? A mythical conjectural crap? Are you serious?

Do you even realize that the fact that the Torah, Bible & Quran not agreeing on what is what makes it impossible to consult any of these books for anything non-spiritual? Heck, it does not even qualify as a secondary source. What manner of human are you? grin.

You are all talk & no substance. While I see you for allegedly citing Ifa - I hold reservation because you did not mention the odu & youb quoted Ifa but you can not separate myth from fact in the same Ifa. We know your type - an ogberi is easy to detect. After reading & listening to several Ifa sources you come out to act like an authority without ever stepping into an Igbo’du. We have seen a number of y’all in African-Americans & Latin-Americans on Facebook.

Historiography says that we should investigate social, political & economic relations between groups before accepting what they recorded about each other - oral or written. Applying this, Aras/quran writers already concluded Jews were inadequate & they were the legitimate people of god. This fact makes you Jew/Monkey BS subjective & not a thing to be taken seriously. For example, it is like Egba writing about Oyo or Ife writing about Modakeke. So please pocket that nonsense you posted.

Finally, uncle, the ape reference the Caucasians use to qualify the negro stemmed from prejudiced social factors stemming from supposed crude ways of the negros which where strange (not inferior) to the caucasians. It is not an extension of thr religious hatred Arabs had for Jews, a totally different peoples from negroid Yoruba.

So you are saying Yoruba were/Arabs while Olu’s angle is that Yorua are Jews. At what point una go converge? grin. Ihan oniranu gbogbo?

craps as usual when a supposedly scholar uses negative words on others. So Historiography says that we should investigate social, political & economic relations between groups before accepting what they recorded about each other - oral or written? grin.. I thought your own doesnt support this? Which mean all these times, many of us who don't support view are right. And which professor that hasn't come up with the meaning oranmiyan staff hieroglyphs interpretation? Kindly stop this nonsense. But, kindly Post your ancestors names in oranmiyan documented in Oranmiyan geonology list and I will repost mine to
RUBBISH YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR ANCESTORS .

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 9:31pm On Sep 29, 2018
Obalufon:

Olu please summarize the monkey claim by your friend.. i don't look like monkey laugh
Omo IFA, why whine me? This area is supposedly known to you. Yoruba elders and their folklore have knowledge of Ijimere being half human, half inhuman because one of the myth is said to have been as a result of disobedience to Orunmila before it changed to half human and monkey like in nature .... Were the yoruba ancestors like the regular Africans? These people had scientific knowledge of evolution. Trust me, Yoruba were the chosen of God.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 0balufonlll: 9:34pm On Sep 29, 2018
x

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (97) (Reply)

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.