Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,905 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (136624 Views)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) / Unanswered Questions On Yoruba's Hebrew Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 11:17pm On Sep 27, 2018
0balufonlll:

Firstly, you keep typing Yoruba with nonsense diacritic yet you want to claim knowledge of Hebrew, a foreign language.grin. And that nonsensical oriki you posted is an outright lie, go & take several seats.

Honestly, I do not think you hold a right state of mind. You seem not to keep a traack of your own statemets and have a problem grasping stated points.

- You claimed your Luusi was related to Giesi, I busted your lie.

- You tried to hold me in a loop by asking me to mention Oduduwa’s ancestry, I in turn asked you to mention Luusi’s ancestry.

- You quickly claimed Luusi was Lafogido’s child. I fxxked you up by letting you know I am thick with Lafogido’s people. You quickly backtracked & refused to mention Luusi’s parents.

You are the clown. You have now shifted your Luusi to Oranmiyan from Lafogido & Giesi. You crack me up man. Abeg post the oriki, humour me. grin

Alaimokan, you better stop dragging your ancestry in the mud with your ignorance.

I've told you before that these two guys are frauds. Since book did not sell, maybe online coaching is what they think will make money for them grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 11:21pm On Sep 27, 2018
0balufonlll:

LOL I don laugh tire.
Continue in your laughter but know it, your monicker is filled with fake information. What a shame! Oya show us by posting it if your ancestors are recognised... grin grin. IFEOOYE have record of all Yorubas grin

Name your ancestors with their documented IFE QUARTERS..... grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 0balufonlll: 11:24pm On Sep 27, 2018
OlaoChi:

I've told you before that these two guys are frauds. Since book did not sell, maybe online coaching is what they think will make money for them grin

Lol baba, I now agree. grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 11:26pm On Sep 27, 2018
Omo Ibo, Omo Ibo, who was the well known ancestor of yours? Stop littering this forum grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 0balufonlll: 11:27pm On Sep 27, 2018
Olu317:
Continue in your laughter but know it, your monicker is filled with fake information. What a shame! Oya show us by posting it if your ancestors are recognised... grin grin. IFEOOYE have record of all Yorubas grin
Name your ancestors with their documented IFE QUARTERS..... grin

LOL. My handle is a problem to you?cheesy
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by bluke(m): 2:40am On Sep 28, 2018
Olu317:
In 2017, information about the multiracial ethnic groups of ILORIN town was revisited. Fortunately, ‘Ilorin. info', covered the event, so that for those who believe that yoruba group is a Race, have a strong point.

‘ History has it that,Ilorin, at a point in time, was peopled almost exclusively by Yorubas,which is not in dispute. However, with the passage of time, the community became culturally multifarious following the influx of a multiplicity of other cultural and sub-cultural groups so much that by the time civil strife occurred between Afonja and Shehu Alimi`s Jama`a about 1807, the combined population of the Jama`a in Gambari, Fulani and Okesuna areas who were mainly non-Yorubas had greatly exceeded that of the Kakanfo`s compatriots who were confined to Idi-ape and its environs, including Dada.
It is incontrovertible, for instance, that at the time of Shehu alimi`s arrival in Ilorin, the area now called Alanamu and Ajikobi wards were sparsely inhabited. The areas were opened up later for settlement by some Yoruba members of the retinue which accompanied Shehu Alimi to Ilorin under the leadership of Usman and Se`eni who afterwards became Balogun Ajikobi and Balogun Alanamu respectively.
It was a massive influx of people of assorted cultural background, after Islamic governance had been firmly established, that conditioned the demographic size, composition and texture of Ilorin. With the resultant ethnic and cultural heterogeneity, Islam became the common denominator and the only unifying factor. It facilitated inter-mingling, socialization and integration among the various peoples.
Consequently, a unique Islamic culture, into which the diverse cultures melted, emerged. However, the infectious Yoruba language became the lingua franca.

The consequent submergence of all other languages into Yoruba gives an illusory impression of monolithic culture by obscuring the cultural pluralism inherent in the Emirate, particularly in Ilorin, where a substantial proportion of the indigenous population is anthropologically non-Yoruba.
For example, the following non-Yoruba families randomly sampled in the seemingly Yoruba-dominated “Oke Imole” no longer bear their original non-Yoruba identities. This illustrates the depth of cultural assimilation that has occurred and gives a deceptive impression of the ethno-cultural complexity of Ilorin.
The core families in Agbaji namely; Ile Saura, Ile Aburo, Ile Baba Sa`are, Ile Agoro and Ile Imam Agbaji were originally Sudanese Arabs from a town called Ar-Baji on the Blue Nile. So also were the ancestral parents of the people of Ile Ara-Agbaji at Masingba, Oke Imole. Ile Hejebu, Ile Singini, Ile Oloko, Ile Oniko, Ile Ada-Ara and Ile Majo are extensions of the core families in Agbaji'.

Those of us who know the truth understand the intricacies of human make up. The same way Latin as a people were suppressed by other people, who were of Greek and Latin origin became part of the Latin group. History has it that the name Latin belongs to the language which was spoken in Latium, which in turn was people by the Latins, which was a minority group in Iron Age Italy (which wasn't called Italy until the start of the Roman Empire in the first century BC). These Latins had come from the east, with a wave of Indo-European settlers who displaced much of the indigenous European peoples, such as the Celts, who were driven north of the Alps.
Despite some inevitable frictions between people groups, the cultural consistency of the Italian peninsula up until (and obviously after) the Roman conquest was remarkable. Rome was originally a small Latin city state, close to the much larger territory of the Etruscans. Rome's rise to power was initially opposed even by its fellow Latin tribes.

The ensuing Latin War was won by Rome, and Rome's subsequent realm of control is a remarkable testament to the power of synchronicity versus that of sheer numbers.
Latin became the lingua franca of millions of non-native speakers, and although it never truly replaced Greek (hence the Greek and not the Latin New Testament), its amazing conquest was not repeated until small bands of displaced Saxons and Jutes journeyed from Germania to Britain when the Romans evacuated it in 450 AD.

Those who don't know and pay no attention to yoruba history should verify the groups who make up Ilorin Town,through the screenshot

ilorin became populated because of freedom promised any yoruba person (slave or free) that fled from oyo empire.
Notice all surrounding towns are also muslims, the kings were promised freedom under islam if they joined ilorin against the oyo empire.
One major factor that broke the empire.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 3:22am On Sep 28, 2018
0balufonlll:

I’ll help you with your ancestry history so you can stop chasing a false connection to Ife:

See: https://oloolutof./2018/06/15/the-brief-history-of-ikare/

@Obalufon, as you can see, your friend Olu is a liar. That is his the history of his ancestors above, he has to links with Ife. He is again exposed as a fraud. Be mindful of your interactions with him. Are you going to be around for Olojo? We should visit your compound tomorrow or Saturday from my compound - you know the usual stuff.

Hey would you be there also? i would have loved to see you oo bro but i live in Lagos now.. i won't be there this year ..if you need to confirm my legitimacy i'm from oyesomo lineage in obalufon the present obalara is my Uncle we called him baba oyi way back then his extremely fair Oluwagbemiga Adebayo
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 3:33am On Sep 28, 2018
Olu317:
obviously, you are the liar.

Like I said, I wont say who was the father of Luusi. So whose descendants are you? And if I had said Lafogido was a father of Luusi, was it wrong ? Who was Lafogido's father? grin grin. Trust me, I am enjoying this because you have no respect for Ìsésé, ìtàn àtí àróbà. Èmí ómó ìré tí wón lè fí bó'rè. Go ask what it means angry

Beg Obalufon to say it to me to post it because he is humble enough to earn my endearing respect . Else I won't post it because I want you to remain ignorant forever. grin. Except he wants me to rubbish you. grin. Once he says go, I will post it because I want to silence your ignorance. grin

please don't fight ooo oral history is like a puzzle we can't discard one for another .
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 3:47am On Sep 28, 2018
Olu317:
The difference between you and I is,‘ LIE '. AND I WANT PEOPLE TO SEE MY STRENGTH. SO BE HUMBLE ENOUGH TO ASK Obalufon to ask me to proof me and I.

I intend to make you change so as for you to pick a new moniker grin . Dare me by asking obalufon to say it to me. And I will honour his voice. And thereafter, post your ancestor too grin

Please who was your ancestor? Or are you Ibo too?

Olu please for the sake of our ancestors don't fight abeg oo, we are all here to learn .. kindly say who the father of Luusi was
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 3:51am On Sep 28, 2018
OlaoChi:

Don't let me hex you .. olaochi wetin be your name ..what is your business with yoruba issue
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 5:50am On Sep 28, 2018
Obalufon:

Olu please for the sake of our ancestors don't fight abeg oo, we are all here to learn .. kindly say who the father of Luusi was
Yes, we are here to learn but I intend to stay align to the path of truth so I will engage the young lad who errs every time grin because he knows little and pride himself too much. Pardon me, I won't mention the name of Luusi's father grin because it is part of the punishment for the young lad, who will write yorubas history in not too distant future. Although, for your sake,I will post the people whose ancestors are of the same family compound in ILEIFE.

I want he, 0balufonlll to post and proof his legitimacy as regards his own patrilineal ancestors weight grin grin grin. Mind you if we don't make noise because humility is our watchword , it doesn't mean, history can be muddled up in Yoruba land.

Èmí ómó àrúgbo ìlè àbìkà lórùn grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 0balufonlll: 7:26am On Sep 28, 2018
Obalufon:

Hey would you be there also? i would have loved to see you oo bro but i live in Lagos now.. i won't be there this year ..if you need to confirm my legitimacy i'm from oyesomo lineage in obalufon the present obalara is my Uncle we called him baba oyi way back then his extremely fair Oluwagbemiga Adebayo

No wahala, baba. It would have been nice to merry together at the festival. You and I already shared certain information, so I know what part of Ife you are from. Orunto, Ideta & Giesi are my backgrounds. My old man is one of the Sookos in Giesi line.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 0balufonlll: 7:27am On Sep 28, 2018
Obalufon:

Lol why are you begging the fraud?
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 0balufonlll: 7:43am On Sep 28, 2018
x
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 8:44am On Sep 28, 2018
0balufonlll:

Alaye, quit all the stories & attend to the points the man raised in the post I shared:

Are Owa Ale & Olusi throne related?

What is your reaction to this claim?

You are claiming atiquitity meanwhile the author of that post capped your historyat 17th century. What is your take?

Learn to attend to issues & quit frivolities. Except of course you have no answers to them & you would rather obfuscate everything than admit you have been boxed.

Obalufon, this man is a liar. Do not let him hoodwink you. His history began in the 17th century. He has no connections with Lafogido, else, he would have mentioned which of his sons was Lafogido’s father.

PS: Apart from Giesi, if you knew the positions of Orunto & Ideta in Ife you’ll know you to fall back with your shenanigans.

1. Just imagine your ignorance? grin ,So there was one Oluusi in Yoruba land? grin grin grin. Dig deeper, professor grin

2. I thought you know history more than all so well but obviously, you lack the technicality on research. Have you suddenly forgotten that beaded crown,*Sword*,special regalia, entourage etc were the determinant factor for any migrating prince? grin grin I mock you.

3. À sè o tí é lè grin .Being related to Geesi through your maternal lineage ? grin cheesy . SMH! Many people are like you cheesy. Interwovenly, you are related to me grin grin. Omo Omo Ogbooru, I feel you. Bow down and Show me MY FULL RESPECT cheesy

4. So in your mind, you are the one saying the truth? Post your ancestors oriki and their documented lineage in ILEIFE. And not by claiming relevance online. Post your oriki and point out your patrilineal ancestors grin as I intend to do.

5. With my kind of boldness , a liar will never have my depth nor such courage as I do. cheesy. I am a man of purity. ÀSÓ ÀLÀ NÍ MO YAN LÀTÍ ODÈ ÓORÚN. grin.
Consult, your IFA priest to explain the meaning to you or Obalufon can be of a guide to you.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 8:53am On Sep 28, 2018
Obalufon:

Don't let me hex you .. olaochi wetin be your name ..what is your business with yoruba issue

Are you freaking retarded or what?
How can someone be this impervious to learning?
For the last time, I am not igbo
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 0balufonlll: 9:43am On Sep 28, 2018
x
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 11:30am On Sep 28, 2018
0balufonlll:

No wahala, baba. It would have been nice to merry together at the festival. You and I already shared certain information, so I know what part of Ife you are from. Orunto, Ideta & Giesi are my backgrounds. My old man is one of the Sookos in Giesi line.

You don't have to merge with the outsider olaochi to fight your own brother .... I'm link to giesi too paternal great grand mother and ogboru too ..very close with the sijuades
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 11:36am On Sep 28, 2018
OlaoChi:

Are you freaking retarded or what?
How can someone be this impervious to learning?
For the last time, I am not igbo

typical of ibo boy i sabi English "impervious"' .. you are ibo....yoruba say ibo not igbo ..You go use your flat head carry curb web soon continue.....i read all your useless post on nairaland insulting the yorubas
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 11:47am On Sep 28, 2018
bluke:

ilorin became populated because of freedom promised any yoruba person (slave or free) that fled from oyo empire.
Notice all surrounding towns are also muslims, the kings were promised freedom under islam if they joined ilorin against the oyo empire.
One major factor that broke the empire.
Yes of course, you are correct on the promises but it was not as a result of Islam because converts became majority in ILORIN, after many slaves,who were Muslims fled because of the promise of freedom to all of them to practice their religion . In fact, Afonja promise, went further to give an impression of ILORIN being the safe abode for them all.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 11:52am On Sep 28, 2018
obalufon, I can see you online. View this and ask that young lad to learn.... I hope you have seen it clearly.

*deleted*
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 11:55am On Sep 28, 2018
0balufonlll:

Was? Lol. You are fraudulent. It says Oluusi, Orimo, Owamilere. Is it yours?

Technically on research? Says a man who does not know what methodology. You keep talking about beaded crown and stuff - but do you know that Olubuse 1, Aderemi & Olubuse ll never mentioned your Luusi in the original Yoruba king list.

Olodo, so my own father became a crown prince in my mother’s house? Man, you are one retarded person.grin. I hope & pray your king visits Ife someday, I pray you will be there to see how he will be treated by ordinary palace courtiers.cheesy

Claiming relevance online? If my background was insignificant, Mr. Obalufo would have layed it bare. There’s nothing to brag about but some of us are omo Oba in each of our backgrounds we turn to. We are many & it is not a big deal.

——

We are still waiting fot you to mention Luusi’s father by the way.

And no, we are not related abeg. Stop claiming ties with everything/everyone.
See your life ? Who is the olodo if not you? I have posted it. If you doubt, ask obalufon. Do the needful by doing the same about yours.... You lack the knowledge of history.......
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 12:02pm On Sep 28, 2018
Obalufon:

You don't have to merge with the outsider olaochi to fight your own brother .... I'm link to giesi too paternal great grand mother and ogboru too ..very close with the sijuades
Ask him to post his ancestors name in the oriki and family compound as I did that you saw it .
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2018
Obalufon:

typical of ibo boy i sabi English "impervious"' .. you are ibo....yoruba say ibo not igbo ..You go use your flat head carry curb web soon continue.....i read all your useless post on nairaland insulting the yorubas
You are clearly a dunce grin its good you know that
Yoruba say "ibo" when speaking Yoruba, Yoruba say "igbo" when speaking English, but a dunce thinks this means I'm igbo grin grin grin

Show me one post where I insulted yorubas. You won't because I don't insult ethnicities, I promote peace and common sense
While you bigots go around with hate speech against Edo and Igbo thinking that is what proves your Yorubaness, I don't attack Nations, I'm too exposed and far too cultured for that nonsense childish behavior
Maybe that's what makes you think I'm igbo grin grin
As if a Yoruba person is incapable of reason and common sense
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 12:13pm On Sep 28, 2018
Olu317:
Ask him to post his ancestors name in the oriki and family compound as I did that you saw it .

you guys should stop fighting
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 0balufonlll: 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2018
Obalufon:

Olaochi is not an outsider. If anything, he protects the independence & originality of Yoruba history better. I mean, he thinks of Yoruba as a stand alone original civilization & not a group whose identity is to be found in Arab or Jew.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2018
Obalufon:

Says the guy who is willing to allow distortion of Yoruba history but then you don't even know any history to know what is a distortion of it

The two guys here making a mess of Yoruba history are not your problem, it's my lack of bias regardless of ethnicity that is your problem? grin Nigerians, you guys deserve your problems
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 0balufonlll: 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2018
Obalufon:

you guys should stop fighting

I’m not fighting. That man is too comical & mentally unstable. He is good for the laughs I’m getting here.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 0balufonlll: 12:20pm On Sep 28, 2018
Olu317:

Loool this guy funny die. grin.
You want me to post my background data so you can appropriate it? I never even post much info & you already want to claim we are related. What if I post detailed info then?

Awe, go & sit down. O ma nkan kan.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 12:30pm On Sep 28, 2018
0balufonlll:

Olaochi is not an outsider. If anything, he protects the independence & originality of Yoruba history better. I mean, he thinks of Yoruba as a stand alone original civilization & not a group whose identity is to be found in Arab or Jew.

Thank God someone sees this

Its not just what I think, it's what every fact says, Yoruba is an original civilization owing nothing(including ancestry) to nobody

All this Hebrew nonsense is just comical cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2018
OlaoChi:

You are clearly a dunce grin its good you know that
Yoruba say "ibo" when speaking Yoruba, Yoruba say "igbo" when speaking English, but a dunce thinks this means I'm igbo grin grin grin

Show me one post where I insulted yorubas. You won't because I don't insult ethnicities, I promote peace and common sense
While you bigots go around with hate speech against Edo and Igbo thinking that is what proves your Yorubaness, I don't attack Nations, I'm too exposed and far too cultured for that nonsense childish behavior
Maybe that's what makes you think I'm igbo grin grin
As if a Yoruba person is incapable of reason and common sense

i laugh mr sabi all.. wetin go deal with you is already close to you
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2018
0balufonlll:

Loool this guy funny die. grin.
You want me to post my background data so you can appropriate it? I never even post much info & you already want to claim we are related. What if I post detailed info then?

Awe, go & sit down. O ma nkan kan.

C'mon I posted mine,so do the same grin. Ask obalufon to disprove my statement and CLAIM , because he saw it. After all,you were the fuming one online, while I enjoy reading your ignorant statement. Do the same as I had done. Or are you now ashame of yourself? grin grin

Mind you, I don't need you to post your *detailed* profile but your ANCESTORS ORIKI in Oonis ruling Houses,who were Lajamisan descendants. Mine is as clear as a crystal ball. What about yours?

LOBATAN.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (97) (Reply)

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.