Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,536 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage - Culture (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (136688 Views)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) / Unanswered Questions On Yoruba's Hebrew Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 10:42pm On Mar 28, 2020
Obalufon:
what research have you conducted mr man? i know all the bogus Niger congo stuff but i need answers,lot of things about Yoruba that has not been answered.. Yoruba people with different oral history ,oyo history of yoruba is different from ijebu .... yoruba have so many things in comon with hebrew Mr man if you don't know do more research into yoruba religion and custom also hebrew... Essence of having loose fringe garments you think is fashion .We also have history of have great flood and tower of babel .,
Tower of babel in Yorùbá traditions? grin OK
What's the Yoruba name for the city of babel? And under what context and to what association is this your "babel" made
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 7:26am On Mar 29, 2020

Macof

More rants of idiocy.

Learn to make sense in as few words as possible

1. A historian is not a mere story teller. A historian gathers information, analyses and interprets them to reach a conclusion on their authenticity and signifance

Time and again, you have failed the litmus test of the qualities of a reliable historian you alluded to in the above with impunity.

This definition did not described you, neither did you apply the techniques you alluded to anywhere in this post, its antics after antics to deal with your true "subject".

Therefore, you copied this definition online and cannot live up to its standards. You will always aspire higher but naturally gravitate to the core of your character.

You are a fraud.

You are recently asked to cite source to support your "Bantu common identity" instead, you switch to "Lower Guinea" from demographic clitche to regional geography.

How is switch between regional and demographic alternatives historical?

How stupid to make your knowledge of "Lower Guinea" as alternative to "bantoid" a validation of your erudition? Sometimes, responding to you can be embarrassing.

2. The Bible does not mention the Yoruba people... That is what I said . Clearly you are too dumb and I should have used an extra sentence to explain that the people not the name was meant... Should I have meant the name "Yoruba" it would have been clear enough by use of quote marks
I still wait for what parts of the Bible Yoruba people are mentioned and with what names

The Yoruba folks were organized into city-state like other early cultures of old. There were place names that the Yoruba folks brought from Canaan land to West Africa.

Ijebu: this is the original name that Jerusalem was known by and the English equivalent of this is "Jebusite".

Shagamu: this is another name of a place in the vicinity of ijebu, known as Shechem or Sakmu in the Bible and also the armana letters.

Ohori: here were the original inhabitants of Edom. The English equivalent of the Hori is the Horites as you have it in the scriptures.

Ketu: this is another place name among the Yoruba donated by the Levant. In the armana letters, it's Qeltu (Keila). In Yoruba, we say ketu-kena-fe.

Sabe: the Sabeans as were known in the Arabian antiquity dwells among the Bedouin at the onset of time. With them the Mecca origin of the Yoruba pertains.

Iba: the Iba is Yoruba for Eber, it's the Yoruba Hebrew heritage. The group in this bracket include Ife/Oyo and Edo, perhaps the largest company of the emigration.

Edo: this is equivalent of Edom, better known as Ado with the Yoruba. The Edomite Yoruba adopted 'Olofin" (Aluf) as the title of their leader. It could also mean levite.

This was how the Bible mentioned Yoruba people.

It identified them at their original homeland, the people traveled and kept their original identity and invoke the same in their new home.

3. Countless scholars (yes, so many I value it as countless) have stated the Bible is not a proper historical source and only take stories from it seriously when confirmed by better measures to gain historical knowledge like archaeology, art history, palaeography and general measures of source criticism
Scholars like William Dever, Thomas Thompson, Lupovitch Howard, Adele Berlin etc

You are a born fraudster. It would be great knowing what you do for a living: you hide information from sight in an incredible way that keeping sensitive materials at your disposal would be dangerous.

You spoke of "countless" with boldness, whereas you have no input in the countless contributions to the task, not brilliant enough to share a piece of the uncountable.

Yet what you claimed is not a proper source is consulted by about four disciplines that cut across pure science and the arts.

That acceptance reverts such fields to pseudosciences at best. It shouldn't be an accredited field of study that validates its findings with improper material.

Earlier, you claimed Bible could not hold in the face of proper history, but the proper history has suddenly vanished from sight.

P. S you see how few my words are? Try that and stop ranting

Your words are few but void.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 10:09am On Mar 29, 2020
macof:

What's the Yoruba name for the city of babel? And under what context and to what association is this your "babel" made
You're not Yoruba ,you wish to be a yoruba man..You even disprove Ibn battuta account on yoruba ,you need to go back to your professor that taught you this Niger Congo bantu history to broaden your mind on yoruba history .Will you also disprove the presence of yoruba in Mali, Gambia Senegal and Sudan in ancient time ?...History of great flood when God used water to end the world Ark of Noah and tower of babel when God changes the language of human is in ife history ... Looking for city of babel fool ask google .
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 11:09am On Mar 29, 2020
Obalufon:
You're not Yoruba ,you wish to be a yoruba man..You even disprove Ibn battuta account on yoruba ,you need to go back to your professor that taught you this Niger Congo bantu history to broaden your mind on yoruba history .Will you also disprove the presence of yoruba in Mali, Gambia Senegal and Sudan in ancient time ?...History of great flood when God used water to end the world Ark of Noah and tower of babel when God changes the language of human is in ife history ... Looking for city of babel fool ask google .

I asked you for the Yoruba story of tower of babel as you claimed
You know there's no such thing but rather than move along you still choose to reply with this nonsense of a post

Now, you have said multiple times that Ibn Battuta mentioned Yoruba
I've read the report of his travels and all his destinations I believe I'm familiar with... If there's a time he mentioned yorubas, do provide the page and quote the statement in which Yoruba was mentioned

Google? grin Google is where you learn about Yoruba and this iidiot is calling me igbo

I hope you know that presence can come through trade? That Yoruba traded with malians doesn't mean Yoruba are malians or malians are Yoruba... Just so you know that.. If you are even capable of comprehending this
And another thing you don't know is that the ethnicities of Senegal, Gambia and Mali are all Niger - Congo as well so what's your point?

You don't have father or elders even if you don't read books? You don't know through acculturation from living in Yorùbáland certain things about Yoruba? Google is where you learned about Yoruba Tower of babel, Yoruba in Sudan, Senegal and Gambia. No wonder some buffoons on nairaland told you Yoruba are semitic and you believed
You might have Yoruba parents but your orientation is not yoruba, you are too far removed and too moronic to be one of us
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 12:54pm On Mar 29, 2020
macof:

I asked you for the Yoruba story of tower of babel as you claimed
You know there's no such thing but rather than move along you still choose to reply with this nonsense of a post

Now, you have said multiple times that Ibn Battuta mentioned Yoruba
I've read the report of his travels and all his destinations I believe I'm familiar with... If there's a time he mentioned yorubas, do provide the page and quote the statement in which Yoruba was mentioned

Google? grin Google is where you learn about Yoruba and this iidiot is calling me igbo

I hope you know that presence can come through trade? That Yoruba traded with malians doesn't mean Yoruba are malians or malians are Yoruba... Just so you know that.. If you are even capable of comprehending this
And another thing you don't know is that the ethnicities of Senegal, Gambia and Mali are all Niger - Congo as well so what's your point?

You don't have father or elders even if you don't read books? You don't know through acculturation from living in Yorùbáland certain things about Yoruba? Google is where you learned about Yoruba Tower of babel, Yoruba in Sudan, Senegal and Gambia. No wonder some buffoons on nairaland told you Yoruba are semitic and you believed
You might have Yoruba parents but your orientation is not yoruba, you are too far removed and too moronic too to one of us
You are useless guy you lack c'mon sense.. Tower of babel laughing " are you searching for city of babel in yoruba land ? caged brain macof literally savvy but lack c'mon sense ,i like the way you write though but hate your mind " laughing ..Babel is what is giving you problem .. Go and meet your Elders if you have one - to tell you story about great flood and how God change our language in Ile-ife history .. No myth or history in the bible or Quran that we don't have our own version Even some scholars believe everything in the bible was copied from Egyptian texts that is why some scholars are trying to bridge the gab because the similarity between Yoruba and Hebrew religion is damn to much, even though i am rooted in my yoruba tradition as a yoruba man, i imbibe attributes and virtues of true yoruba man we are not too fast to disprove people.. Also as a wise person you need to learn and don't believe you know it all because that will nullify the zeal to know more ...Socrates believes he knows nothing .
And another thing you don't know is that the ethnicities of Senegal, Gambia and Mali are all Niger - Congo as well so what's your point? Your white master told you that so i advice read books written by African scholars everything written by whites are done in away to caged your mind ..To me from Sudan to Mali is cushite land Hausa , bambaras soninke all the Malian tribes all migrated here from Sudan .... Senegalese are northern African aborigine that were pushed downward by the migration of Bedouin Arabs from Syria , Iraq Turk Levant. first by Italians.....some Italian have 30% of Senegalese DNA even in Spain and Portugal ....Egyptian too migrated south passing through bornu ...Ibn battuta visited Oyo i need you to read books i guess you are looking for yoruba in the book

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by kayfra: 1:01pm On Mar 29, 2020
Obalufon:
You are useless guy you lack c'mon sense.. Tower of babel laughing " are you searching for city of babel in yoruba land ? caged brain macof literally savvy but lack c'mon sense ,i like the way you write though but hate your mind " laughing ..Babel is what is giving you problem .. Go and meet your Elders if you have one - to tell you story about great flood and how God change our language in Ile-ife history .. No myth or history in the bible or Quran that we don't have our own version Even some scholars believe everything in the bible was copied from Egyptian texts that is why some scholars are trying to bridge the gab because the similarity between Yoruba and Hebrew religion is damn to much, even though i am rooted in my yoruba tradition as a yoruba man, i imbibe attributes and virtues of true yoruba man we are not too fast to disprove people.. Also as a wise person you need to learn
And another thing you don't know is that the ethnicities of Senegal, Gambia and Mali are all Niger - Congo as well so what's your point? Your white master told you that so i advice read books written by African scholars even written by whites are done in away to caged your mind ..To me from sudan to mali is cushite land Hausa , bambaras soninke all the malian tribes all migrated here from Sudan .... Senegalese are northern african aborigine that were pushed downward by the migration of Bedouin Arabs from Syria , Iraq Turk Levant. first by Italians.....some Italian have 30% of Senegalese DNA even in Spain and Portugal ....Egyptian too migrated south passing through bornu ...Ibn battuta visited Oyo i need you to read books i guess you are looking for yoruba in the book

Stop dropping nonsense claims with zero proof.

The only Yoruba Tower of Babel you'll see is the Nollywood version right beside the Yoruba passing of the red sea

Pathetic bunch. Totally hopeless and shameless
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by kayfra: 1:03pm On Mar 29, 2020
absoluteSuccess:
More rants of idiocy.

Learn to make sense in as few words as possible

1. A historian is not a mere story teller. A historian gathers information, analyses and interprets them to reach a conclusion on their authenticity and signifance

2. The Bible does not mention the Yoruba people... That is what I said . Clearly you are too dumb and I should have used an extra sentence to explain that the people not the name was meant... Should I have meant the name "Yoruba" it would have been clear enough by use of quote marks
I still wait for what parts of the Bible Yoruba people are mentioned and with what names

3. Countless scholars (yes, so many I value it as countless) have stated the Bible is not a proper historical source and only take stories from it seriously when confirmed by better measures to gain historical knowledge like archaeology, art history, palaeography and general measures of source criticism
Scholars like William Dever, Thomas Thompson, Lupovitch Howard, Adele Berlin etc

P. S you see how few my words are? Try that and stop ranting

What are the archeological artifacts to back up your own fantasy claims?
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 1:15pm On Mar 29, 2020
kayfra:

i don't talk to monkeys ibo boy ..we clothed your fathers go and make the research ..Tower of babel is stuck in your head
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 1:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
every myth or history in your bible we have our version of it ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 1:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
Obalufon:
You are useless guy you lack c'mon sense.. Tower of babel laughing " are you searching for city of babel in yoruba land ? caged brain macof literally savvy but lack c'mon sense ,i like the way you write though but hate your mind " laughing ..Babel is what is giving you problem .. Go and meet your Elders if you have one - to tell you story about great flood and how God change our language in Ile-ife history .. No myth or history in the bible or Quran that we don't have our own version Even some scholars believe everything in the bible was copied from Egyptian texts that is why some scholars are trying to bridge the gab because the similarity between Yoruba and Hebrew religion is damn to much, even though i am rooted in my yoruba tradition as a yoruba man, i imbibe attributes and virtues of true yoruba man we are not too fast to disprove people.. Also as a wise person you need to learn and don't believe you know it all because that will nullify the zeal to know more ...Socrates believes he knows nothing .
And another thing you don't know is that the ethnicities of Senegal, Gambia and Mali are all Niger - Congo as well so what's your point? Your white master told you that so i advice read books written by African scholars everything written by whites are done in away to caged your mind ..To me from Sudan to Mali is cushite land Hausa , bambaras soninke all the Malian tribes all migrated here from Sudan .... Senegalese are northern African aborigine that were pushed downward by the migration of Bedouin Arabs from Syria , Iraq Turk Levant. first by Italians.....some Italian have 30% of Senegalese DNA even in Spain and Portugal ....Egyptian too migrated south passing through bornu ...Ibn battuta visited Oyo i need you to read books i guess you are looking for yoruba in the book

Madness.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 1:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
kayfra:

that was my post the guy stole. I made that post some time ago and since he monitors my activity on nairaland he must have checked my previous posts and found that one
Unfortunately he doesn't even understand the points raised in the post
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 2:45pm On Mar 29, 2020
macof:
that was my post the guy stole. I made that post some time ago and since he monitors my activity on nairaland he must have checked my previous posts and found that one
Unfortunately he doesn't even understand the points raised in the post
Macof and his ibo monkey go and shave your hairy arse monkey boy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by kayfra: 3:02pm On Mar 29, 2020
Obalufon:
i don't talk to monkeys ibo boy ..we clothed your fathers go and make the research ..Tower of babel is stuck in your head

Your ludicrous and cowardly approach is to call a bonafide Yoruba royalty Igbo coz you can't backup your bullshit claims

Lmao. Insanity in action grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by kayfra: 3:03pm On Mar 29, 2020
Obalufon:
Macof and his ibo monkey go and shave your hairy arse monkey boy

I'll be here to call your bullshit every time you rant rubbish

FYI
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 3:33pm On Mar 29, 2020

Kayfra:

Present day language to ancient language.

Language is not static and changes every 100 years.

Present day Yoruba lexicon compared with alleged Kemet is brain dead.

kayfra:

Check up the post afresh. I've modified it, I've been busy.

I believe your 100 years language change was revealed to you by baphomet.

By that token, a man 120 years would not be able to communicate in the same language and be understood by his grandchild because the language would have change at the turn of the century.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by kayfra: 3:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
absoluteSuccess:
Kayfra:

Present day language to ancient language.

Language is not static and changes every 100 years.

Present day Yoruba lexicon compared with alleged Kemet is brain dead.

Check up the post afresh. I've modified it, I've been busy.

I believe your 100 years language change was revealed to you by baphomet.

By that token, a man 120 years would not be able to communicate in the same language and be understood by his grandchild because the language would have change at the turn of the century.

I hope you know a change doesn't necessitate a 180 degrees shift. You know what change means right?
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 5:06pm On Mar 29, 2020
kayfra:

I hope you know a change doesn't necessitate a 180 degrees shift. You know what change means right?

Give instance with real life experience. Your earlier position was absolute, I've called your attention to this and the afterthought should be thorough.

You won't give that privilege should you have the table
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 6:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
kayfra:

Your ludicrous and cowardly approach is to call a bonafide Yoruba royalty Igbo coz you can't backup your bullshit claims

Royalty ?? Oro ma gbe e''.. you fucking maggot ibo boy ..
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by kayfra: 7:11pm On Mar 29, 2020
absoluteSuccess:

Give instance with real life experience. Your earlier position was absolute, I've called your attention to this and the afterthought should be thorough.

You won't give that privilege should you have the table

What a dummy
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by kayfra: 7:12pm On Mar 29, 2020
Obalufon:
Royalty ?? Oro ma gbe e''.. you fucking maggot ibo boy ..

Ara fe san pa e iwo okrika jew jatijati yi grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 7:13pm On Mar 29, 2020
kayfra:

What a dummy

How does this explain your claim?
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by kayfra: 7:22pm On Mar 29, 2020
absoluteSuccess:

How does this explain your claim?

Since you need examples. I'll give you the foolproof ones like Latin, Native American languages, Etruscan, Ajawa etc.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 9:05pm On Mar 29, 2020
kayfra:

Ara fe san pa e iwo okrika jew jatijati yi grin
Eze chima From Nri dey talk. i pity your miserable life you want to die young . There is power in
yoruba language. Ma' dari kan
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by kayfra: 11:22pm On Mar 29, 2020
Obalufon:
Eze chima From Nri dey talk. i pity your miserable life you want to die young . There is power in
yoruba language. Ma' dari kan

Oden dato. Wan tan e, oun tan candle

Fake jew man grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 3:50am On Mar 30, 2020
macof:

1. Wrong accents marks for most of what is written there. You don't seem to speak Yoruba fluently? As I still remember you couldn't tell the difference between "ìlú" and "ìlù"

T'ibì T'ire ni à da ilẹ̀ Ayé
That is the right way to write what you were trying to say.

2. "Àlominílé f'ẹjẹ wẹ" is an oriki of Ogun not Esu

3. Esu - the man - was from Ketu. All traditions around Esu revolves around Ketu, with Oyo recording his presence among them at some time
He had no presence in places like Ife, reason Esu has no signicant following in central and Eastern Yoruba towns
If Esu traveled as far as the middle east, I think Yorubas would know that

I remember this post from back then

Imagine these fools who I have been teaching basic Yoruba knowledge coming to tell me I am igbo or is it Edo grin grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 6:49am On Mar 30, 2020
kayfra:

Yoruba royalty ke? Iwo?? List your ancestors back to 1700.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 6:53am On Mar 30, 2020
macof:

Nna, kedu? grin

You dey ask for correlation between Yoruba and Babel, if we give you now you go begin sweat and asking for methodology. grin

Oga do me a favor....what are characteristics of "babel" in the way you understand it?
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 7:59am On Mar 30, 2020
absoluteSuccess:

Time and again, you have failed the litmus test of the qualities of a reliable historian you alluded to in the above with impunity.

This definition did not described you, neither did you apply the techniques you alluded to anywhere in this post, its antics after antics to deal with your true "subject".

Therefore, you copied this definition online and cannot live up to its standards. You will always aspire higher but naturally gravitate to the core of your character.

You are a fraud.

You are recently asked to cite source to support your "Bantu common identity" instead, you switch to "Lower Guinea" from demographic clitche to regional geography.

How is switch between regional and demographic alternatives historical?

How stupid to make your knowledge of "Lower Guinea" as alternative to "bantoid" a validation of your erudition? Sometimes, responding to you can be embarrassing.

The Yoruba folks were organized into city-state like other early cultures of old. There were place names that the Yoruba folks brought from Canaan land to West Africa.

Ijebu: this is the original name that Jerusalem was known by and the English equivalent of this is "Jebusite".

Shagamu: this is another name of a place in the vicinity of ijebu, known as Shechem or Sakmu in the Bible and also the armana letters.

Ohori: here were the original inhabitants of Edom. The English equivalent of the Hori is the Horites as you have it in the scriptures.

Ketu: this is another place name among the Yoruba donated by the Levant. In the armana letters, it's Qeltu (Keila). In Yoruba, we say ketu-kena-fe.

Sabe: the Sabeans as were known in the Arabian antiquity dwells among the Bedouin at the onset of time. With them the Mecca origin of the Yoruba pertains.

Iba: the Iba is Yoruba for Eber, it's the Yoruba Hebrew heritage. The group in this bracket include Ife/Oyo and Edo, perhaps the largest company of the emigration.

Edo: this is equivalent of Edom, better known as Ado with the Yoruba. The Edomite Yoruba adopted 'Olofin" (Aluf) as the title of their leader. It could also mean levite.

This was how the Bible mentioned Yoruba people.

It identified them at their original homeland, the people traveled and kept their original identity and invoke the same in their new home.

You are a born fraudster. It would be great knowing what you do for a living: you hide information from sight in an incredible way that keeping sensitive materials at your disposal would be dangerous.

You spoke of "countless" with boldness, whereas you have no input in the countless contributions to the task, not brilliant enough to share a piece of the uncountable.

Yet what you claimed is not a proper source is consulted by about four disciplines that cut across pure science and the arts.

That acceptance reverts such fields to pseudosciences at best. It shouldn't be an accredited field of study that validates its findings with improper material.

Earlier, you claimed Bible could not hold in the face of proper history, but the proper history has suddenly vanished from sight.

Your words are few but void.

I have endorsed this message!

absolutesuccess
.....add Ogogo-Magogo to the list. Ado. Ijesha. Respectively Gog & Magog, Ad, Gersham. Teach him what he does not know.
There are over a hundred place names in Yorubaland that are replications of place names in Afro-Asia. Some places have been lost sef due to wars in Yorubaland and sacking of towns.

Macof is using our contribution and knowledge to equip his learning. We should be proud that we are his teachers.
There was a post here about twins in Yorubaland and the rite of Kehinde holding seniority to Taiye and how this custom has root to Isaac's twins, Esau and Jacob. He read it and jumped out to contest it. He said its a crap, nothing at all connects Yoruba twins to Isaac's twins. To back his argument he gave us twins oriki - Ejire ara Isokun! It had to be pointed to him that the "Isokun" in the oriki is of course "Isaak".
His knowledge base is shallow and what he brings here are data collected from elsewhere, they are not self-inspiration. What he learns from us he deposits elsewhere.

Some of us author or contribute materials to writers and researchers, therefore we cannot give full list of what we know here. We can list a hundred place names and present artwork in Yorubaland that are precise match to places in Afro-Asia and culture.

What we call Agbada in Yorubaland is an ancient style of clothing that has not changed much for centuries and has remained in the Semitic culture till today and called "Abaya".
Agbada - Abaya - Cloak.
Tobi - Thobe - Garment
Bante - Pant
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 9:37am On Mar 30, 2020

macof

1. Wrong accents marks for most of what is written there. You don't seem to speak Yoruba fluently? As I still remember you couldn't tell the difference between "ìlú" and "ìlù"

T'ibì T'ire ni à da ilẹ̀ Ayé
That is the right way to write what you were trying to say.

2. "Àlominílé f'ẹjẹ wẹ" is an oriki of Ogun not Esu

3. Esu - the man - was from Ketu. All traditions around Esu revolves around Ketu, with Oyo recording his presence among them at some time
He had no presence in places like Ife, reason Esu has no signicant following in central and Eastern Yoruba towns
If Esu traveled as far as the middle east, I think Yorubas would know that

Where did you post this? I must not have seen it. Your reasoning there does not hold water. If I saw this post when it was first made I would have set you on the right path.

Lagos is the only place Eyo is observed. It has a major and principal Orisha called Adimu. People wrongly call it Adamu Orisa but its true name is Adimu, and is short for Adimula. It was introduced to Lagos from Ibeju by Malaki and Ejilu, brothers to Olugbani, wife of Oba Ado.

Should we say because Eyo is not observed in other Yoruba towns the apparent history of Adimu to Middle East is fake? The cult of Bilikisu Oshugbo is only among the Ijebu, no other Yoruba practice it. Does that negate its ties to Midlle East?

In fact Malaki and Ejilu are the pairs of Malachi and Elijah. Olugbani is Luban (a Semitic female name, the male equivalent is Laban).

These are not coincidences! grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 10:07am On Mar 30, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Nna, kedu? grin

You dey ask for correlation between Yoruba and Babel, if we give you now you go begin sweat and asking for methodology. grin

Oga do me a favor....what are characteristics of "babel" in the way you understand it?

Of course, why would you not have a methodology to arrive at such conclusion?

You want to make historical breakthroughs? Then your work must fulfil historical requirements
You don't get to jump the line by just getting whatever claims you make remain unquestioned
You should be able to defend your claims
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 10:16am On Mar 30, 2020
MetaPhysical:

I have endorsed this message!

absolutesuccess
.....add Ogogo-Magogo to the list. Ado. Ijesha. Respectively Gog & Magog, Ad, Gersham. Teach him what he does not know.
There are over a hundred place names in Yorubaland that are replications of place names in Afro-Asia. Some places have been lost sef due to wars in Yorubaland and sacking of towns.

Macof is using our contribution and knowledge to equip his learning. We should be proud that we are his teachers.
There was a post here about twins in Yorubaland and the rite of Kehinde holding seniority to Taiye and how this custom has root to Isaac's twins, Esau and Jacob. He read it and jumped out to contest it. He said its a crap, nothing at all connects Yoruba twins to Isaac's twins. To back his argument he gave us twins oriki - Ejire ara Isokun! It had to be pointed to him that the "Isokun" in the oriki is of course "Isaak".
His knowledge base is shallow and what he brings here are data collected from elsewhere, they are not self-inspiration. What he learns from us he deposits elsewhere.

Some of us author or contribute materials to writers and researchers, therefore we cannot give full list of what we know here. We can list a hundred place names and present artwork in Yorubaland that are precise match to places in Afro-Asia and culture.

What we call Agbada in Yorubaland is an ancient style of clothing that has not changed much for centuries and has remained in the Semitic culture till today and called "Abaya".
Agbada - Abaya - Cloak.
Tobi - Thobe - Garment
Bante - Pant

You literally have no contribution and knowledge. I'm yet to find one, just one point of fact from you

Is it Magogo is Gog and Magog that is the knowledge I'm using? What nonsense knowledge

While you're at it you could also say Abuja is Abidjan
Damn fools... You are too intellectually lazy that all you do is look at words that look alike with no recourse for meanings or etymology
And that's what you call knowledge? Damn! What a slowpoke

The idea of Kehinde being senior to taye is very different from esau and Jacob
While esau remains senior to Jacob, Jacob only took the blessing of the senior later in life (a Jewish centric narrative, that I'm sure the Edomites would have disagreed)
But Kehinde's seniority in Yorùbá starts from inception, with Taiwo sending Kehinde to go and taste the world

And you call yourself Yoruba but you don't know this? Fake Yoruba

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (97) (Reply)

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.