Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (809503 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 1:50am On Apr 04, 2019
Lauyi:

@ Oga bellong and other gurus in the house, please I need your advice, my wife has a B TECH Architecture, I want to use her a the PA, I saw some occupation that we can dominate such as Landscape Architecture which is access by VETASSESS. Please how can we go about the credentials evaluation and other process. Thank you

What is your own occupation?

Go to VETASSES' website for detailed information about requirements for assessment.

Cheers
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 1:54am On Apr 04, 2019
teebaxy:
I great you my good people ...
I have some questions here oh, as I'm tired and sick of Nigeria . I'm a graduate, and an MPA holder but I need help in my search of green pasture
1. I'd like to know how or better means of getting a Australia student passport
2. The cost in estimate
3. The duration for processing

https://www.nairaland.com/3786389/general-australian-student-visa-enquiries
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Lauyi: 6:11am On Apr 04, 2019
bellong:

What is your own occupation?

Go to VETASSES' website for detailed information about requirements for assessment.

Cheers
@ bellong. Thanks for your response.
I have a B.Sc Textile Science and Technology from ABU 2006 and a PGD Economics 2013,I worked as a Customer service representative from 2009 to 2016 and I'm presently working as a sales supervisor from 2016.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by obyno10000: 12:53pm On Apr 05, 2019
zanyzara:

You can't say whether it will suffice until you apply.

I would advice you strive harder to get 20 points from English. You may try PTE.

Zany.

How about this profile: Age 30, edu 15, exp 10, Lang 10. Electrical engineering.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by victor54: 1:03pm On Apr 05, 2019
obyno10000:

How about this profile: Age 30, edu 15, exp 10, Lang 10. Electrical engineering.
Good for 489 but I don't knw any region that's nominating electrical engineer
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 05, 2019
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by victor54: 3:33pm On Apr 05, 2019
Ytechconst:

Can you try Electrician under building trade for Southern Inland 489.
Would that be possible with EA positive assessment as professional engineer?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 05, 2019
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by obyno10000: 4:46pm On Apr 05, 2019
victor54:

Good for 489 but I don't knw any region that's nominating electrical engineer
Thanks for ur reply
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by obyno10000: 4:50pm On Apr 05, 2019
Ytechconst:

Can you try Electrician under building trade for Southern Inland 489.
Can that be done having been assessed as professional engineers?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Lauyi: 3:01am On Apr 07, 2019
tunlex01:

Course not related, university a tier 2 uni.
The challenge here is that Sales and Marketing manager is a tier 1 occupation.

From trend, it may not be positive cos at d end of d assessment, AIM may have deducted all the 6 years.

I will suggest you carry out further research on expatforum or wait till July when the occupation list will be updated. Sales rep jobs on skill level 2 might be up for nomination.

Hello House, @ Oga bellong and other gurus in the house, please I want to confirm what tier of university is is Modibbo Adama University of Technology is formerly known a Federal University of Technology, Yola and how many points will be assigned to B. Tech Architecture from such university, ( it's a 5 years course)
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 6:33am On Apr 07, 2019
Lauyi:

Hello House, please I want to confirm what tier of university is is Modibbo Adama University of Technology is formerly known a Federal University of Technology, Yola and how many points will be assigned to B. Tech Architecture from such university, ( it's a 5 years course)

A 5 yr degree is usually equivalent to an AQF Bachelor degree.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 10:20am On Apr 07, 2019
Lauyi:

Hello House, @ Oga bellong and other gurus in the house, please I want to confirm what tier of university is is Modibbo Adama University of Technology is formerly known a Federal University of Technology, Yola and how many points will be assigned to B. Tech Architecture from such university, ( it's a 5 years course)

it's a tier 2 school but a 5yrs course from such gives 15pts

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Lauyi: 10:40am On Apr 07, 2019
bellong:

A 5 yr degree is usually equivalent to an AQF Bachelor degree.
Thank you sir
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Lauyi: 10:41am On Apr 07, 2019
Alphadoor:

it's a tier 2 school but a 5yrs course from such gives 15pts

Thank you 4 d quick response bro
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Idiebube110: 9:14pm On Apr 07, 2019
How's it going, and your FUTY alumni? Good to know there are FUTY hopefuls here...

Lauyi:

Thank you 4 d quick response bro
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Jgiga: 10:40pm On Apr 07, 2019
Good day seniors,

I just need your help and advice on the job description for customer service manager for VETASSESS because I have a friend who submitted his reference letter containing his job description to VETASSESS and was given a negative outcome twice. He was told that his work related to compliance hence the negative outcome. I dont really know what Vetassess is looking out for in the job description but I need help to enable have a positive outcome. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks and God bless.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by paul1987: 11:58pm On Apr 07, 2019
I need details
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by paul1987: 11:59pm On Apr 07, 2019
candycush:

Congrats
Pls I need details on how to apply
Email: delujoba@yahoo.com
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 12:03am On Apr 08, 2019
paul1987:
I need details

Do you have the ability to read? The details you seek are already provided on the thread, all you need to do is read.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by paul1987: 12:25am On Apr 08, 2019
segzy14:
Space booked.
This is d response I get during application...pls put me tru

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Lauyi: 1:49am On Apr 08, 2019
JeRit:
Thanks a bunch
How about the option of construction project management
Hello, good morning, please have you been assessed as a construction project manager, my wife also have a B. Tech Architecture, she is also looking 4 a suitable occupation to nominate. We are considering either landscape architecture or construction project manager
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Lauyi: 6:12am On Apr 08, 2019
Obigirl:
Pls let her check anzsco code job description for agricultural consultant and align hers to it, then check Vetasses website for all requirements she needs to meet for assessment. Meanwhile, she can start preparing for her English test.
There is a WhatsApp group for that, you can pm me so i can link you up.
Hope this help?
Good morning, My name is Lauyi and my number is 07062021401, pls I would like to be included in the whatapp group.
Thank you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Lauyi: 8:21am On Apr 08, 2019
Embassy4u:
For those who are interested in PTE, pm me to be added to the group where you get real updates on recent materials as they are shared for free. Official Pearson Mock kits are also available for those who wish to test their abilities before the real test.
Feel free to contact me. Updated Materials, tips and formats to ace PTE easily are shared in our group.
Please, I'm interested. Email is ihongbeakhigbe@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by FOF4u: 9:27am On Apr 08, 2019
@bellong and anyone please i need clarification from you. i want to apply for ielts exam but i would like you as an experienced to kindly advise accordingly. lemme explain it in details. my name is Chukwuma Patrick Nwosu, the (nwosu ) is my surname which is my great grand fathers'. I recently changed the surname ( nwosu ), to answer my immediate father's name as my surname name, my late father's name is Okafor Daniel Nwosu, so i changed my surname to ( Okafor ) reason because been the only son i don't want my kids to answer Nwosu which is my great grand father's name i want them to answer Okafor which is my immediate father's name as their surname because if they should continue with Nwosu my own immediate father's name is gone. I am a graduate and all my results bears nwosu although i have Court Affidavit to the change of name, I have Vanguard News Papers Publication to that effect, I have change my National Id Card and it now bears the new surname, i am still processing the change in surname in my international passport at NIS HQ Abuja. So i will like to know if the change in surname will affect the application process and my chances. Please i would sincerely appreciate a reply from you people my e-family.
Regards
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by obyno10000: 10:49am On Apr 08, 2019
Please house, any info on region nominating electrical engr. My point is 75 for 489. Oga Bellong pls any info?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 11:23am On Apr 08, 2019
FOF4u:
@bellong and anyone please i need clarification from you. i want to apply for ielts exam but i would like you as an experienced to kindly advise accordingly. lemme explain it in details. my name is Chukwuma Patrick Nwosu, the (nwosu ) is my surname which is my great grand fathers'. I recently changed the surname ( nwosu ), to answer my immediate father's name as my surname name, my late father's name is Okafor Daniel Nwosu, so i changed my surname to ( Okafor ) reason because been the only son i don't want my kids to answer Nwosu which is my great grand father's name i want them to answer Okafor which is my immediate father's name as their surname because if they should continue with Nwosu my own immediate father's name is gone. I am a graduate and all my results bears nwosu although i have Court Affidavit to the change of name, I have Vanguard News Papers Publication to that effect, I have change my National Id Card and it now bears the new surname, i am still processing the change in surname in my international passport at NIS HQ Abuja. So i will like to know if the change in surname will affect the application process and my chances. Please i would sincerely appreciate a reply from you people my e-family.
Regards
The affidavits and newspaper publication has got you covered. your application will be fine
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 11:24am On Apr 08, 2019
obyno10000:
Please house, any info on region nominating electrical engr. My point is 75 for 489. Oga Bellong pls any info?
check anzscosearch .com
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 11:25am On Apr 08, 2019
Changes to the points test from 16th November 2019
Changes to the points test from November 2019 –

The amendments introduce a revised points system for the subclass 491 visa as well as existing General Skilled Migration (489,189,190) visas. Points are awarded for attributes that are linked with the applicant’s ability to make the greatest economic contribution, as the key purpose of the skilled migration program is to maximise the economic benefits of migration to Australia.

The changes to the points test are to introduce:

· more points for having a skilled spouse or de facto partner (10 points);

· more points for applicants nominated by a State or Territory government or sponsored by a family member residing in regional Australia (15 points);

· more points for having certain STEM qualifications (10 points);

· points for applicants who do not have a spouse or de facto partner (10 points); and

· points for applicants with a spouse or de facto partner who has competent English (5 points).

To later obtain Permanent Residence (visa 191) you will need to :

– hold a regional provisional visa when they apply for the Subclass 191 visa, and have held that visa for at least three years;

– have earned a minimum income for at least three years as the holder of a regional provisional visa; and

– have complied with the conditions of the regional provisional visa.

There will be a NEW ordering system for ALL points test applicants as follows …

If all other points claims are equal, invitations for points tested visas will be ranked by the Migration Points Test as described below:

· First – primary applicants with a skilled spouse or de facto partner

· Equal First – primary applicants without a spouse or de facto partner

· Second – Primary applicants with a spouse or de facto partner who can demonstrate competent English but does not have the skills for skilled partner points (age and skills)

· Third – Primary applicants with a partner who is ineligible for either competent English or Skilled partner points. These applicants will be ranked below all other cohorts, if all other points claims are equal.

Other Notes
If you are granted this New Regional visa you cannot be granted any other permanent visa of any category for 3 years.

You are fee to move to other states but you must reside in Regional Australia until qualifying for Permanent Residence

Full details are here –
https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019L00578/Explanatory%20Statement/Text

source: iscah. com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Olinga(f): 1:01pm On Apr 08, 2019
Hello house.

Please I need clarification.

Please does the assessing body contact your place of employment that was used as experience after submitting letter of introduction.

I know they contact the school but want to know if the contact the work place as well.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by obyno10000: 2:15pm On Apr 08, 2019
Alphadoor:

check anzscosearch .com
Thanks. Very helpful
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Obigirl: 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2019
Sometimes they do, it depends on your case officer.
Olinga:
Hello house.

Please I need clarification.

Please does the assessing body contact your place of employment that was used as experience after submitting letter of introduction.

I know they contact the school but want to know if the contact the work place as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

Viewing this topic: Abdujapha(m), mohammedmuz and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.