Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (806948 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by applepiepr: 9:05am On Apr 10, 2019
Hello Bellong and everyone.

I need some guidance from the more experienced.

I and my brother started and currently run a company as cofounders since 2014. The company is a limited liability company and has external investors.

As cofounders we signed an agreement that makes provision to defer all or part of our salary. Besides the company has not grown as expected and so we've not been able to pay ourselves regularly, and when we do pay, its always part payment.

To apply for the invite I got for 189 visa, I uploaded my employment letter, monthly payslip (which carries full payment am suppose to get), and tax return (I did direct assessment based on payslip).

Now I need to submit more evidence of this employment. The only documents I have is the founders agreement we signed, the company's financial statement that shows deferred salary payment, and my bank account.

The question is since my bank account entries will not match my payslip, how else can I proof this employment or are this additional documents enough.

I will really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks a lot.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by topacs: 11:10am On Apr 10, 2019
Hello bellong,

Kindly assist, my friend has National Diploma in accounting and currently work has sales rep with a pension firm with 4 years experience, please which occupation can he nominate and be assessed for seeing his National Diploma can only fetch him a skill 2 occupation. Other guru's kindly assist..
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by PwityMiwa: 11:19am On Apr 10, 2019
Please has anyone done evaluation for Vetasses via FUTO, how did you go about Result verification? Should i apply online too?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 12:12pm On Apr 10, 2019
[quote author=topacs post=77395178][/quote]
ACS membership
It has no correlation.

even on ground, most people don't care about it

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by topacs: 12:52pm On Apr 10, 2019
Thanks Bro for Saving me some AUD
Alphadoor:

ACS membership
It has no correlation.

even on ground, most people don't care about it

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 2:35pm On Apr 10, 2019
@Applepiepr,

Did the CO ask for specific evidence or just additional evidence to support the employment?

Did you declare that it is joint-owned with you as a co-founder?

Are you able to get a pension statement?

I don't think your bank statement will help your cause at this stage. In this situation, what would have been appropriate is to declare the business as self and salary paid based on company's income. This will show that your income is irregular making it easy to cut through this process.

For additional evidence, you can provide company registration documents, promotion letter (if any), rent agreement for the office, pension statement if available and the company's account itself or any other documents to proof the existence of the business and that you are directly employed by the business.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by applepiepr: 6:28pm On Apr 10, 2019
Thanks Belong,

No the CO didn't ask for a specific evidence, just the general list as found on DIBP website.

I only supplied an employment letter which doesn't state am a cofounder. Truth is I have investors, and though am a cofounder, am also an employee.

Do you think I should also submit the signed founders agreement and our last audited accounts report.

Thanks a lot.

bellong:
@Applepiepr,

Did the CO ask for specific evidence or just additional evidence to support the employment?

Did you declare that it is joint-owned with you as a co-founder?

Are you able to get a pension statement?

I don't think your bank statement will help your cause at this stage. In this situation, what would have been appropriate is to declare the business as self and salary paid based on company's income. This will show that your income is irregular making it easy to cut through this process.

For additional evidence, you can provide company registration documents, promotion letter (if any), rent agreement for the office, pension statement if available and the company's account itself or any other documents to proof the existence of the business and that you are directly employed by the business.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 11:36pm On Apr 10, 2019
applepiepr:
Thanks Belong,

No the CO didn't ask for a specific evidence, just the general list as found on DIBP website.

I only supplied an employment letter which doesn't state am a cofounder. Truth is I have investors, and though am a cofounder, am also an employee.

Do you think I should also submit the signed founders agreement and our last audited accounts report.

Thanks a lot.

In that case, provide the payslips and tax certificates for the period claimed. Include any other documents outside your bank statement.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 11:39pm On Apr 10, 2019
topacs:
Hello bellong,

Kindly assist, my friend has National Diploma in accounting and currently work has sales rep with a pension firm with 4 years experience, please which occupation can he nominate and be assessed for seeing his National Diploma can only fetch him a skill 2 occupation. Other guru's kindly assist..

None I can think of. Those available are skill level 1 occupation. You can check through the list for your friend if you can find any that matches his skills.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by applepiepr: 7:34am On Apr 11, 2019
bellong:

In that case, provide the payslips and tax certificates for the period claimed. Include any other documents outside your bank statement.

Oh sorry Bellong, guess I wasn't clear.

I already submitted employment letter, tax certificate and payslip.

I submitted the above set of docs to 3 employments, but CO is asking for more evidence for one. My guess is the CO needs more verifiable proof that that company exists as its not as active online as the other two.

What do you think? Reg certificate et al you mentioned before should be fine?

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 10:23am On Apr 11, 2019
applepiepr:

Yes. Promotion letter, confirmation if any, pension statement if any.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by applepiepr: 2:51pm On Apr 11, 2019
bellong:

Yes. Promotion letter, confirmation if any, pension statement if any.

Thanks for taking out time to respond man....too appreciate it.

Would be a good idea to hook up when I finally land Aus....will keep you posted on progress.

Have a splendid day.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by honfayol: 5:37pm On Apr 11, 2019
Hello Everyone.

I need your help guys.
I had BSc. Marketing from IMO STATE UNIVERSITY since 2004. I am currently a certified Stockbroker(since 2014).
Work experience with a stockbroking firm is about 10yrs.
I learnt about Tier 1 & 2 rating for Nigerian universities
Will i have a positive assessment or a downgrade because i schooled in IMSU? Secondly, will my certification count?
Would appreciate your response.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by obyno10000: 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2019
Please can electrical engineer(already assessed) apply as an electrician?. Any chance of being considered?
cc: bellong, alphadoor
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by lasun01: 6:42pm On Apr 11, 2019
Hello everybody, my point from calculation is 80,though i have not started assessment of my skills yet, can i submit EOI first prior to assessment via vetasses?.....the reason is that i understand occupation might be removed anytime so i intend to get the invitation first and then i can proceed with other documentation...Please advise
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by julietromeo: 8:18pm On Apr 11, 2019
lasun01:
Hello everybody, my point from calculation is 80,though i have not started assessment of my skills yet, can i submit EOI first prior to assessment via vetasses?.....the reason is that i understand occupation might be removed anytime so i intend to get the invitation first and then i can proceed with other documentation...Please advise
How did you get your 80 points?
Have you done English Test already?
How are you sure all your years of experience would be accepted by vetassess?
Na step by step bro. You have to crawl before walking.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by fatima04: 10:48pm On Apr 11, 2019
lasun01:

Lol, I wish it was that easy. Hope you know you have 60days after invite to apply for Visa. And even if you are successful with the assessment and all within that timeframe all your claims in the EOI would have been false starting from assessment reference number to your declaration signing which will eventually lead to a BAN.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 1:00am On Apr 12, 2019
obyno10000:
Please can electrical engineer(already assessed) apply as an electrician?. Any chance of being considered?
cc: bellong, alphadoor

You will have to assess as an electrician to be considered.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 1:02am On Apr 12, 2019
honfayol:
Hello Everyone.

I need your help guys.
I had BSc. Marketing from IMO STATE UNIVERSITY since 2004. I am currently a certified Stockbroker(since 2014).
Work experience with a stockbroking firm is about 10yrs.
I learnt about Tier 1 & 2 rating for Nigerian universities
Will i have a positive assessment or a downgrade because i schooled in IMSU? Secondly, will my certification count?
Would appreciate your response.

Your initial concern should be identifying an occupation to nominate. Have you seen an occupation that matches your experience?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 2:53am On Apr 12, 2019
lasun01:

You cannot submit EOI before Assesment.
You can't get invited without submitting EOI.

Step 1
Assesment /English
Step 2
English/assesment
Step 3
lodge EOI
Step 4
Invited
Step 5
Visa application

Step 1 and 2 will help you proof your 80pts

Refer to page 1 for more info
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by lasun01: 3:07am On Apr 12, 2019
julietromeo:

How did you get your 80 points?
Have you done English Test already?
How are you sure all your years of experience would be accepted by vetassess?
Na step by step bro. You have to crawl before walking.
Hi there, i was amazed when you are surprised about the 80points i mentioned earlier which i did using my phone, i had to re-calculate using laptop,i guess i didn't read all section properly. However i still had 75 points. I completed IELTS already with minimum of 7 in all

Education: 15
Test: 10
Work: 15
Partner: 5
Total: 75 points.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by lasun01: 3:18am On Apr 12, 2019
fatima04:

Lol, I wish it was that easy. Hope you know you have 60days after invite to apply for Visa. And even if you are successful with the assessment and all within that timeframe all your claims in the EOI would have been false starting from assessment reference number to your declaration signing which will eventually lead to a BAN.

Thanks, i understand now, i will proceed with the assessment. Just that when your birthday is approaching in two weeks time and fear of losing 5 point is messing up with your head...anyway it is what it is!

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by lasun01: 3:18am On Apr 12, 2019
Alphadoor:

You cannot submit EOI before Assesment.
You can't get invited without submitting EOI.

Step 1
Assesment /English
Step 2
English/assesment
Step 3
lodge EOI
Step 4
Invited
Step 5
Visa application

Step 1 and 2 will help you proof your 80pts

Refer to page 1 for more info

Noted and Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stifo2012: 9:40am On Apr 12, 2019
Which occupation are you planning to get assessed for.

lasun01:

Hi there, i was amazed when you are surprised about the 80points i mentioned earlier which i did using my phone, i had to re-calculate using laptop,i guess i didn't read all section properly. However i still had 75 points. I completed IELTS already with minimum of 7 in all

Education: 15
Test: 10
Work: 15
Partner: 5
Total: 75 points.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by SQLmastar(m): 11:45am On Apr 12, 2019
yungmin:

But a married person can simply lie to be single. How possibly would this be checkmated? Just wondering if it is as simple as it seems
Pls what are the disadvantages of being married? I read it adds extra 5 points.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by CecyAdrian(f): 3:06pm On Apr 12, 2019
Please someone help me out. A friend has a degree in theatre/film studies with over 6 years working experience in Digital marketing and customer service. Please which occupation can she nominate and be assessed for.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by yungmin: 3:24pm On Apr 12, 2019
SQLmastar:

I don't think there is any disadvantage per se; just that your bills for the whole process would be higher.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 10:16pm On Apr 12, 2019
SQLmastar:

You will be able to gather more point if your partner meets certain criteria
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 4:17am On Apr 13, 2019
poundlander:

Please kindly assist with CDR sample for EA assessment. Thanks. Having issues with my pm

So sorry man, I'm just seeing this Mention. How far have you gone?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by SQLmastar(m): 9:16am On Apr 13, 2019
Alphadoor:

You will be able to gather more point if your partner meets certain criteria
yungmin:

I don't think there is any disadvantage per se; just that your bills for the whole process would be higher.
I see. Then it's best to stay unmarried then. Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by chidike(m): 3:26am On Apr 14, 2019
applepiepr:

I submitted the above set of docs to 3 employments, but CO is asking for more evidence for one. My guess is the CO needs more verifiable proof that that company exists as its not as active online as the other two.

Even though you have already submitted. I learnt not not always rush to give CO everything when you know your case may be peculiar (self employment in your case). So I'm just saying this for the benefit of others (it worked for me). You could have submitted just pay slips and employment letter, the first time, when they ask for more you give them, tax, when they ask again then you provide audited accounts or company registration docs. Sometimes you may give them everything and when they ask for more, you have nothing left. Though doing it this way will increase response time, again I'm only saying this for the benefit of those who are in a similar situation. If you work for an organisation that has an online presence and is big, by all means submit all you have at once. The CO will go online and search for the company, get the contact of the website and contact them directly to confirm you are a staff and in some cases even ask to speak to your direct manager. Also worth mentioning that every case is peculiar.

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.