Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (807886 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:55pm On Jul 04, 2019
ugsams:

It's been almost a year since I was active on this thread, I came here as soon as I noticed the situation at hand.

@Justwise, please give Bellong a second chance. He has been really helpful around here and always willing to help out. I have been visiting Nairaland since 2005 and a large part of the time was spent on travel section. In all my experience here, there are very few people who are as resourceful and genuinely helpful as Bellong. I don't really know what happened, but I know he is a very reasonable person and should be able to put things in order if given the chance to. I know him to be a very humble person.

Please consider the plea of the people here including mine. In the little I have read of this whole saga, I haven't seen anyone who has come here to accuse him or justify the ban. Majority supports that he is given a chance. If he is really of a questionable character, many people would have flooded the thread with many accusations.

If he has personally offended you in any way, please forgive him and let's put this whole phase behind us. If there is any condition that you want him to meet before you release him from the ban please make it clear just as you stated what you want before the thread was opened. Thank you Justwise as I hope you consider our plea.

let me just say this for the last time..

Bellong was given enough time to remove the ad BEFORE the ban, when i made the first post regarding this issue bellong wasn't online and i waited for him to log on, hours later i checked and noticed that he has logged on without addressing my post THEN i posted again about closing this thread and opening another one still bellong did not respond, it was at that point that i banned him and hid this thread.

After my exchange with Bnimz and email discussion with tunlex01 i reopened this thread and unbanned bellong.

Hours later he responded only to throw insults at me, denied posting an ad here and say that he doesn't care about the ban.

Let me add this..if this thread will go down because bellong is not here again then so be it.

No one person is bigger than this thread or nairaland.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by iammiracle1(m): 10:59pm On Jul 04, 2019
@catchwind, you are wrong about Justwise been anti migration, and i don't think he is in Nigeria, he is a pretty good mod, i have seen him save gullible ppl from been scammed & settled disputes countless times, travel section is one of the hardest to moderate and he has done very well, Bellong on the other hand is a selfless dude, he helped my sis with valuable info that helped her kickstart her aussie parole, i can say i registered on NL to be able to ask questions & get his opinions, when two elephant fights the grass suffers, we are the grass cry, please lets stop calling out the mod for discharging his duties even though we do not fancy his actions, but rather sue for peace, please justwise unban mr B, if i where to be in his shoes i would have angrily deactivated since, please unban him, he has done what you asked, do let it go.

Cheers my ppl.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 04, 2019
@catchwind. Kilode! You write up too long. @justwise, you have once helped me by giving me a very good advice regarding US. I know you can settle this matter without having to be sort of rude to people. We are adults. This guy in question has help and is still helping people. Look at the bright side and just give a last warning. Nothing Dey this life too short to be too rigid. People opinion first. If you shut the thread or whatever what do you gain?

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by GoodMemory: 2:48am On Jul 05, 2019
While I agree that Bellong’s contribution to this thread has been of tremendous value, we cannot, however, blame Justwise for upholding the rules and doing the right thing. Sometimes, we should be less emotional about how we see things. Have rules been flouted? Yes. Does Justwise have the right to punish if rules are infringed? Yes. So, what is all this fuss?

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Embassy4u(m): 3:35am On Jul 05, 2019
Best contribution so far. You deserve some accolades for this

GoodMemory:
While I agree that Bellong’s contribution to this thread has been of tremendous value, we cannot, however, blame Justwise for upholding the rules and doing the right thing. Sometimes, we should be less emotional about how we see things. Have rules been flouted? Yes. Does Justwise have the right to punish if rules are infringed? Yes. So, what is all this fuss?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 3:36am On Jul 05, 2019
The fuss is closing a thread because an OP flawed a rule.

The fuss is making another less significant because he/she flawed a rule. Worst is making claims against another because he/she can't post to defend it.

The fuss is his actions when people don't agree with him.

It's a complete abuse of power. Deleting posts or banning people because they oppose you is not the right way to go.

I have nothing against him on banning Bellong if he posts ad and didn't pay the fee. I made this clear in my post.

12 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by afosahid: 4:09am On Jul 05, 2019
Some of us have not come out to "plead" for @bellong. Yes a rule has been flouted and @justwise is within his powers for taking action.
Is that enough grounds for him to make blanket statements and insult everyone on the thread? Deleting posts that oppose his views, even threatening to shut down the entire thread? I think not!

GoodMemory:

5 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 4:19am On Jul 05, 2019
Since all my posts against the Just Moderator have been deleted, and only this one supporting him was left here; I'm forced to modify it and remove any complimenting or supporting statement. I'd appreciate if everyone that quoted me in their posts regarding my previous posts (which are now deleted) modify their posts to remove any reference to me in regards such posts. If "the fuse" is still not obvious to y'all, then I doubt what school of thoughts you belong to.

It's a shame the comments I've been reading from sycophants, including few I've had respect for before now. I'm out of this issue. Y'all do as you wish.

Apologies to anyone I offended with my posts about the subject, including the moderator in question; I strongly believe he needs to be investigated and called to order.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 4:42am On Jul 05, 2019
Please do not comment for clout.

How is threatening to close a thread justifiable in this case
Or
Deleting the post of people's calling for refrain
Or
Insulting people

Moreover

Majority has admitted bellong flouted the rules, however is that enough for the above.

Let's not turn on one another.

9 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by GoodMemory: 5:25am On Jul 05, 2019
People personalizing this issue are the real problem, not Justwise or Bellong.

Whatever mistakes Justwise made by deleting posts was just a knock-on effect of the criticism he received for threatening to ban Bellong. Justwise and Bellong had a private chat which these critics weren't privy to. So, if the admin, based on the conversation he had decided to go ahead and ban Bellong, why is that too difficult to respect?

The whole situation wouldn't have been this messy if, from the onset, Justwise was allowed to do his job without interference.

Once again, Bellong is a great guy. No one wants his downfall but laws are laws.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 5:55am On Jul 05, 2019
GoodMemory:
People personalizing this issue are the real problem, not Justwise or Bellong.

Whatever mistakes Justwise made by deleting posts was just a knock-on effect of the criticism he received for threatening to ban Bellong. Justwise and Bellong had a private chat which these critics weren't privy to. So, if the admin, based on the conversation he had decided to go ahead and ban Bellong, why is that too difficult to respect?

The whole situation wouldn't have been this messy if, from the onset, Justwise was allowed to do his job without interference.

Once again, Bellong is a great guy. No one wants his downfall but laws are laws.

$2 said you've gotten your visa?
IGBO Proverb: when a selfish 0ne crosses a bridge, he prays for it to be broken.

I will be watching to see how many contribution you will make from this day onwards.

Especial when one says; I studied Biz.Admin/have 7 years experience in police station, which occupation should I nominate?

My point is, We need all hands on deck.
Most of us are here to particularly pick out whatsUP in our own field.
Some of us are the ones that cover almost all the areas of this migration rigid process.

Orana NSW Closed till 1st of August.(489)
Southern Inland NSW now open (489)

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by GoodMemory: 6:21am On Jul 05, 2019
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

$2 said you've gotten your visa?
IGBO Proverb: when a selfish 0ne crosses a bridge, he prays for it to be broken.

I will be watching to see how many contribution you will make from this day onwards.

[/b]

Oh Wow! Do you have to be rude to make your point? Can you not disagree without being disagreeable? I made my point. Why don't you make yours without hurling insults? Shior..smh.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 05, 2019
@Goodmemory I don’t think he insulted you.. no one is supporting anyone breaking laws.If this thread is closed other new comers like me won’t have access to information and you already have gotten what you want reason for the proverb. Threatening people and insulting people is uncalled for. No one is baby here and because you are a moderator doesn’t mean you should abuse that. Let’s be guided. We also shouldn’t be selfish.

4 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by GoodMemory: 7:17am On Jul 05, 2019
sweetg:
@Goodmemory I don’t think he insulted you.. no one is supporting any one carrying out his duties or breaking laws. But if you have gotten your visa as said, if this thread is closed other new comers like me won’t have access to information and you already have gotten what you want reason for the proverb. Threatening people and insulting people is uncalled for. No one is baby here and because you are a moderator doesn’t mean you should abuse that. Let’s be guided.

So by your logic, the thread should never be closed even if rules are flouted? Are you saying there shouldn't be any consequences for disobeying the rule? The person in question is a mod of the thread and not just an ordinary person hence the impact on the thread itself. Companies have been shut down because the owners of the company disobeyed the government. So because the company has thousands of employees who in turn have thousands of dependants, the government should not enforce the law?

Sometimes I shudder at our way of thinking.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bamz(m): 8:14am On Jul 05, 2019
GoodMemory:

So by your logic, the thread should never be closed even if rules are flouted? Are you saying there shouldn't be any consequences for disobeying the rule? The person in question is a mod of the thread and not just an ordinary person hence the impact on the thread itself. Companies have been shut down because the owners of the company disobeyed the government. So because the company has thousands of employees who in turn have thousands of dependants, the government should not enforce the law?

Sometimes I shudder at our way of thinking.

What are you going on about mate?.
How does does the bolded relate to the thread? Bellong is just a contributor like the rest of us and not an 'owner'.

Justwise did the right thing by enforcing a ban because rules were flouted. Whether the timing of it is right and Bellong wasn't given enough time to respond, is left for for debate.

The only thing I'm confused about is closing an entire thread because of one contributor. That's a disproportionate response to the issue at hand.

I see this bickering taking the next few pages or more. The purpose of this thread is eroding. Justwise, bring people to order.

9 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by farnet: 8:24am On Jul 05, 2019
Embassy4u:
Best contribution so far. You deserve some accolades for this

I know exactly where this is coming from. People's petty cravings and ambitions

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Embassy4u(m): 10:02am On Jul 05, 2019
And bringing sentiments into this matter is what makes things worse. Belong is a humble person. He has assisted countless number of applicants. Mistakes are inevitable especially when we desire some level of flexibility from the set rules. Now, the matter isn't an issue. The MOD has explained some things which is justifiable. Understanding and maturity is what needs to play out in this case.
How does selfish interest help this thread in anyway? Now, where is that part of a personal opinion? So, I cannot share my view in peace? Na wa ooo... I don't know why you are taking panadol on another man's headache. Belong himself is ready to make things work. The ability for us to see and reason together will move the thread forward...

farnet:

I know exactly where this is coming from. People's petty cravings and ambitions
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2019
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

Orana NSW Closed till 1st of August.(489)
Southern Inland NSW now open (489)

Yes. Thanks for the information shared. Finally, we are moving on and away from all the fuss, fuse, misunderstanding, agreement and disagreement on this and that personality plus positive and negative emotions. embarassed grin

Please when exactly would the information on the newly defined rural areas be out? Do we have to wait till November when the new visa subclasses kicks off? Anyone please

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
Update from DHA about the new 491 visa and closure of the 489 visa in November 2019

The Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) (subclass 491) visa will commence on 16 November 2019. The Skilled Regional (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa will cease at 11:59pm on 15 November 2019. This will affect the ability of states and territories to nominate and issue invitations for the subclass 489 visa and for intending migrants to lodge EOIs and lodge applications for this visa in accordance with the table below.

10th September 2019
LAST day for states and territory governments to nominate and for invitations to be issued to an intending migrant for a subclass 489 visa.
LAST day for intending migrants to lodge an EOI in SkillSelect for the subclass 489 visa.

15th November 2019
LAST day for people who have been invited to apply for a subclass 489 visa to lodge a subclass 489 visa application.

16th November 2019
Intending migrants can lodge an EOI for the subclass 491 visa.
State and territory governments can nominate and invitations are able to be issued to an intending migrant for a subclass 491 visa.
Visa applications can be lodged for the subclass 491 visa for intending migrants issued with an invitation to apply.

It is important to note that throughout this period nominations, invitations, EOIs and applications are NOT affected for the 189 or 190 visa subclasses.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by trendingsleek: 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2019
Hi everyone i am a laboratory scientist please what kind of visa will be easy for me 190 407 489 482 187 to obtain?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by donpaulo44(m): 5:41pm On Jul 05, 2019
Please what's the average time it takes South Australia to nominate someone?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bamz(m): 5:47pm On Jul 05, 2019
donpaulo44:
Please what's the average time it takes South Australia to nominate someone?

8 weeks time frame is reported on their site.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by donpaulo44(m): 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2019
Bamz:

8 weeks time frame is reported on their site.

Wow thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bamz(m): 8:10pm On Jul 05, 2019
trendingsleek:
Hi everyone i am a laboratory scientist please what kind of visa will be easy for me 190 407 489 482 187 to obtain?

190 and 489 look good. However, you need to check with the regions via Anzsco to be sure.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 10:46pm On Jul 05, 2019
trendingsleek:
No visa is easy these days.
Be ready to put in work and patience

As lab scientists, check the assessing body requirements. I think you have to do some special exams.

https://www.aims.org.au/services/assessment-options/medical-laboratory-technician

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.