Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (809474 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ictmikky(m): 11:41am On Feb 02, 2022
IOM is the most preferred. The other hospital on the island wasn't attending to people as at the last check around August 2021.

HolySteph:

Please which of the hospitals is preferred for medicals?

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mike365: 12:57pm On Feb 02, 2022
A.A. Fatayi-Williams clinic in VI and IOM are the clinics. For the 1st, you have to physically go there to secure the appointment
HolySteph:

Please which of the hospitals is preferred for medicals?

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Touchman003: 1:03pm On Feb 02, 2022
Good day to everyone in the house...

I appreciate your good work in helping us know how beautiful a country like Australia is; the good life, culture, cost of living, employment, etc.

Please i am a Geologist by profession. But I have a hand work as an electrician with certificate for about 7 years now.

I am processing a skilled work visa to Australia through an agent since 1st of December, 2021. This agent is one I have been using for my previous visas to China since 2018 before Covid 19 . From what we agreed on, the agent said he is going to help me get a 1 year direct work visa to a company in Australia. A week today, the agent called and told me that my invitation letter is out, and that the visa he is applying for me is a PR 189 visa. He said that when I get to Australia, that my first one year will look like a test from the company, and if they find competence in me, I will be retained with a PR 189 visa that will enable me work anywhere in Australia. He also said that from the look of things, that the visa should be ready before the end of March, 2022.

Please house, I want to know how "true" this information can be? I already paid him 400k for processing fee. The actual money charged is 2.7M..... Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by soulamanne(m): 1:14pm On Feb 02, 2022
@tunlex01...great work you have been doing here. God bless you. Please I need a clarification. I can see NSW has opened to offshore for certain occupation and years of experience .I want to know if this is for 190 alone as cited here https://www.sbs.com.au/language/english/nsw-opens-permanent-residency-doors-for-offshore-migrants-announces-major-changes-to-visa-requirements.

nothing on the NSW site speaks to of this opening is for 190 and 491 or 190 alone.

I will appreciate your response if you have any additional info thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Saynoomore: 1:25pm On Feb 02, 2022
Please pardon my ignorance, I have a few questions:

1. VETASSESS is about $880 now, how long does it take to get the result or outcome?
2. What IELTS category is required? General or Academic? is there any preference
3. I understand that this immigration pathway does not require POF, what is the budget for this mission for a family of 5 (i.e application fees and flight etc..just a conservative estimate)
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:41pm On Feb 02, 2022
Touchman003:

I appreciate your good work in helping us know how beautiful a country like Australia is; the good life, culture, cost of living, employment, etc.

Please i am a Geologist by profession. But I have a hand work as an electrician with certificate for about 7 years now.

I am processing a skilled work visa to Australia through an agent since 1st of December, 2021. This agent is one I have been using for my previous visas to China since 2018 before Covid 19 . From what we agreed on, the agent said he is going to help me get a 1 year direct work visa to a company in Australia. A week today, the agent called and told me that my invitation letter is out, and that the visa he is applying for me is a PR 189 visa. He said that when I get to Australia, that my first one year will look like a test from the company, and if they find competence in me, I will be retained with a PR 189 visa that will enable me work anywhere in Australia. He also said that from the look of things, that the visa should be ready before the end of March, 2022.

Please house, I want to know how "true" this information can be? I already paid him 400k for processing fee. The actual money charged is 2.7M..... Thanks

grin I laughed out so loud.
189 PR? Invitation letter? 1 year work visa? Company name? What's your relationship with the company? Did you apply or interview with the company? Company test your for 1 year? All these make everything he told you a lie.
Whatever your agent has told you, tell him to just face his China visa stuff, that's may be his forte and he does not know jack about Australia visa requirements.
Companies don't offer 189 visa to anyone.
Have you done any assessment, English test, EOI, ITA? Nomination hasn't even been done for 189 in a long time, so I'm wondering how he's going to get you a 189 visa.
If you want to lose money and time, please go ahead with him.

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:43pm On Feb 02, 2022
soulamanne:
@tunlex01...great work you have been doing here. God bless you. Please I need a clarification. I can see NSW has opened to offshore for certain occupation and years of experience .I want to know if this is for 190 alone as cited here https://www.sbs.com.au/language/english/nsw-opens-permanent-residency-doors-for-offshore-migrants-announces-major-changes-to-visa-requirements.

nothing on the NSW site speaks to of this opening is for 190 and 491 or 190 alone.

I will appreciate your response if you have any additional info thanks
it's for both visa subclass, however there is no set date for any nomination for 190.
https://www.nsw.gov.au/topics/visas-and-migration/skilled-visas/subclass-190
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:48pm On Feb 02, 2022
Saynoomore:
Please pardon my ignorance, I have a few questions:

1. VETASSESS is about $880 now, how long does it take to get the result or outcome?
2. What IELTS category is required? General or Academic? is there any preference
3. I understand that this immigration pathway does not require POF, what is the budget for this mission for a family of 5 (i.e application fees and flight etc..just a conservative estimate)

1. 12 weeks for normal while 2 weeks for priority processing
2. Vetassess does not require English test. For EOI, either General or Academic is acceptable. (some other bodies may be specific though but with DHA, you can use either)
3. Some states require POF.
COST IMPLICATION (estimate)
Assessment Fee – from A$600 to A$1500 (depends on your assessing body)
Transcript sending cost (depends on your educational institution)
English Test (N75000 – N80,000)
State Nomination Fee (A$300 – A$800)
Medicals – N41,000 and above per person (depends on the family size and the hospital selected)
Biometrics – N8,340 per applicant
Police Certificate – N5,000 to N10,000 per person (depends on your family size - over 16 years)
Visa Application Fee
- Family of 1 – A$4,115 (single applicant)
- Family of 2 – A$6,175 (4,115 +2,060) (primary applicant and spouse)
- Family of 3 – A$7,205 (4,115 + 2,060 + 1,030 (primary applicant, spouse & child)
- Family of 4 – A$8,235 (4,115 + 2,060 + 2,060 (PA, spouse & 2 children)
AUD is around N400-N410 as at today

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Saynoomore: 4:13pm On Feb 02, 2022
tunlex01:

2. Vetassess does not require English test. For EOI, either General or Academic is acceptable. (some other bodies may be specific though but with DHA, you can use either)
Medicals – N41,000 and above per person (depends on the family size and the hospital selected)
Police Certificate – N5,000 to N10,000 per person (depends on your family size - over 16 years)
Visa Application Fee
- Family of 3 – A$7,205 (4,115 + 2,060 + 1,030 (primary applicant, spouse & child)

Very succinct and comprehensive!

Thanks so much for this break-down.

It, however, gives me the impression that this alternative appears more expensive than the EE route!
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Knight1(m): 7:28pm On Feb 02, 2022
Touchman003:

189 visa is almost dead. They invite ultra-high points for high skill level in demand.
189 is a SKILLED INDEPENDENT visa which means it is not for direct work
Electrician and Geologist are not in the PMSOL ie Priority skill list
He didn't ask you for proof of your experience either Tax, or Payslips
And then the processing time for 189 visa is over 9 months. March is NEXT month
I can assure you that the agent either doesn't know what he's saying or he's a scammer.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Saynoomore: 8:51am On Feb 03, 2022
I'm a newbie to this stuff, I've however visited the website and can see that there are classifications, namely:
1. Business Innovation and Investment (188)
2. Skilled Independent visa (189)
3. SKilled Nominated Visa (190)
4. Skilled Regional (489)
5. SKilled Work Regional (491)

I didn't bother checking the first one, because the name suggests it's for investors - the money bags! Further reading on google suggests 189 is extremely competitive and there hasn't been ITAs lately.

Anyway, a cursory look at the scoring criteria suggests my cumulative score for 189/ 489 is 85, and for 491 it's also 85.

Please which one is advisable to go for? and what are my chances? I would be happy to know before I commit scarce means to VETASSESS! I'm very optimistic about skating through VETASSESS.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by halaal: 10:57am On Feb 03, 2022
How can one get a company in Australia or a foreign country to invite one and issue a visa. Do you recommend a volunteer intern or simply applying on various company websites or writing featured articles about them. Do you know where one can meet European singles.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 6:18am On Feb 04, 2022
Na wa.

80points 189 visa now looks not good enough.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olyville(m): 6:58am On Feb 04, 2022
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by careymah: 10:05am On Feb 04, 2022
Goodmorning house! Kindly be of help to me, i am really interested in this Australia migration but i have read the thread and still hanging. I really do not understand.
I have ielts result ready(general) and i am an accountant with a family of 4.

I tried checking my eligibility but it directing for payment.
Pls i really need someone who can hold my hand...
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olyville(m): 3:36pm On Feb 04, 2022
careymah:
Goodmorning house! Kindly be of help to me, i am really interested in this Australia migration but i have read the thread and still hanging. I really do not understand.

Can you share the website in question asking you for payment?
The only payment you should probably be paying for is for education and employment assessment with either CPA/CAANZ.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by careymah: 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2022
immigrationsaustralia.com.au

I really need help, lol
olyville:

Can you share the website in question asking you for payment?
The only payment you should probably be paying for is for education and employment assessment with either CPA/CAANZ.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NHQGUY: 6:24am On Feb 05, 2022
Saynoomore:
I'm a newbie to this stuff, I've however visited the website and can see that there are classifications, namely:

I didn't bother checking the first one, because the name suggests it's for investors - the money bags! Further reading on google suggests 189 is extremely competitive and there hasn't been ITAs lately.

Anyway, a cursory look at the scoring criteria suggests my cumulative score for 189/ 489 is 85, and for 491 it's also 85.

Please which one is advisable to go for? and what are my chances? I would be happy to know before I commit scarce means to VETASSESS! I'm very optimistic about skating through VETASSESS.

You can't get same score in 189 and 491.

189 is a direct skill visa from the government of Australia and is extremely competitive.

Focus on 190 and 491 visa subclass, both are states/regional Australia nominations.

For 190, you get an additional 5 points to whatever your score is on the 189 visa.

For 491, you get an additional 15points to whatever your score is on the 189 visa.

With a score of 85 on the 189, means you'll be having 90 for 190 and 105 for 491.

Kindly share a breakdown of your profile(age, number of years of experience, ielts score, etc) which you used to calculate the point, let's advice further.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 6:27am On Feb 05, 2022
Saynoomore:

489 visa has been stopped.
You should check the scores again. You can’t have the same score for 189 and 491.

Which one to go for is dependent on your total points, English scores, the requirements of the states for your occupation. There are no guarantees as requirements change regularly. 190 and 491 are good options.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NHQGUY: 6:27am On Feb 05, 2022
careymah:

Accountancy is extremely competitive.
You'll need a very high score to be at the top.
Kindly share your profile, let's see your score.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 6:31am On Feb 05, 2022
careymah:

I really need help, lol
That’s just a migration agency’s website and not Australia department of Home Affairs’ website. I bet the company will tell you that you are eligible as an Accountant and that the government needs you but don’t be deceived, Accountants have not been getting enough nomination onshore talk more of offshore applicants.

Does your spouse have skilled occupation?

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NHQGUY: 6:32am On Feb 05, 2022
careymah:

I really need help, lol

This is a migration agency, they just need your money.
Go to https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/tools/points-calculator.
That's the official page of the Australian Government to check your points.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 9:00am On Feb 05, 2022
Any Civil Engineer with Success Story??

Could kindly share your success story, tips and advices.

One love.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Saynoomore: 10:22am On Feb 05, 2022
NHQGUY:

You can't get same score in 189 and 491.

189 is a direct skill visa from the government of Australia and is extremely competitive.

Focus on 190 and 491 visa subclass, both are states/regional Australia nominations.

For 190, you get an additional 5 points to whatever your score is on the 189 visa.

For 491, you get an additional 10points to whatever your score is on the 189 visa.

With a score of 85 on the 189, means you'll be having 90 for 190 and 105 for 491.

Kindly share a breakdown of your profile(age, number of years of experience, ielts score, etc) which you used to calculate the point, let's advice further.

Thanks!

In order of questions: 38, 8+yrs, 8 in all categories, Edu: PhD)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bobbyluv8: 10:20am On Feb 06, 2022
Hello. Has anyone gotten a state sponsored 491 visa in the last year? They seem to be accepting applications but not processing them. If anyone has any word. Please let me know. Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 11:50am On Feb 06, 2022
HolySteph:
After EOI what next?

Wait and pray.
or try to update your EOI for higher points within the range of 95 points

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 11:52am On Feb 06, 2022
tunlex01:

Visa Application Fee

job dey these Australia wey we hustle HARD like this to go??
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:40pm On Feb 06, 2022
blackbriar:

job dey these Australia wey we hustle HARD like this to go??
I did not quite get your pidgin
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NneAku344: 3:53pm On Feb 06, 2022
Good afternoon everyone,

Please, I have a few questions, I'll greatly appreciate a response.

For Nurses, apart from IELTS, do they need to write any other tests to get in the pool?

Is 489 the suitable subclass for a Nurse?

Can a Nurse get ITA from being in the pool or do they have to apply for jobs from Nigeria in order to get a sponsor first?

I'll be most grateful if I get a response.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 4:55am On Feb 07, 2022
tunlex01:

I did not quite get your pidgin

I am so sorry.
My pidgin is getting bad then.

Are there good jobs to cater for a good life; not living on monthly pay checks.
For all these expensive commitments; financially,mentally,religiously that we are putting to migrate to australia?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Knight1(m): 11:25am On Feb 07, 2022

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NHQGUY: 1:52pm On Feb 07, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.