Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (807396 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mcslize: 11:19pm On Feb 07, 2022
Knight1:
Hope rising, fingers crossed.

AUSTRALIA OPENS TO THE WORLD

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-07/international-covid-borders-to-reopen-scott-morrison/100810580

But this one they will be forcing people to be vaccinated, isn't this a terrible move? As there are people that won't want to take any vaccine of this sort.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by iceberg54: 11:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mcslize:

But this one they will be forcing people to be vaccinated, isn't this a terrible move? As there are people that won't want to take any vaccine of this sort.

They are not "forcing" people to be vaccinated. They are only allowing vaccinated people in.

5 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Allylic(f): 1:56am On Feb 08, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Good day,

Please, I need the input of bosses on this trend.

So I have a friend that studied Medical laboratory science and has been practicing as a medical lab scientist for atheist six years now.She is single and doesn't have plans to marry anytime soon.

Please how reliable is the Australian pR stuff and to start the process,do you think she should do the skill assessment first or submit an EOI first

2) which state or territory do sponsor visas for medical lab scientist.

Thank you so much

Best,
Allylicc
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mcslize: 5:41am On Feb 08, 2022
iceberg54:

They are not "forcing" people to be vaccinated. They are only allowing vaccinated people in.

Isn't it still the same thing? If one wants to enter Aussie, and they are preventing the person from entering simply for not taking the vaccine, does that not mean that they are indirectly forcing people to take the vaccine?

That's an indirect way of forcing people to be vaccinated.

If you don't take, you won't enter. That's more like force.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NHQGUY: 5:49am On Feb 08, 2022
Allylic:
Hello Everyone,

Good day,

Please, I need the input of bosses on this trend.

So I have a friend that studied Medical laboratory science and has been practicing as a medical lab scientist for atheist six years now.She is single and doesn't have plans to marry anytime soon.

Please how reliable is the Australian pR stuff and to start the process,do you think she should do the skill assessment first or submit an EOI first

2) which state or territory do sponsor visas for medical lab scientist.

Thank you so much

Best,
Allylicc

Hi, good morning.
First step is for her to check states available to sponsor the occupation.
Next up is to calculate her points using the calculator to know if she has a good score.
She even has a better chance been single, that's an added 10points.
Lastly, you can't submit an EOI without a valid skilled assessment. So skill assessment has to come first.

Link for point calculator: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/tools/points-calculator

Link to check sponsorship availability: https/www.anzscosearch.com/search
Click on the link then type the occupation and search. Once it opens, click on state/territory to see the sponsorship options available.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by yungmin: 6:25am On Feb 08, 2022
Is there still hope even for 491 for offshore candidates? I recently found some Facebook groups on these 491 visas. They mostly Indians. The criteria for selection is totally not known. People with scores has high as 105 are waiting while some with barely 80 are getting invites. Even within the same profession. What's going on? Is it now by luck?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:44pm On Feb 08, 2022
NneAku344:
Good afternoon everyone,

Please, I have a few questions, I'll greatly appreciate a response.

For Nurses, apart from IELTS, do they need to write any other tests to get in the pool?

Is 489 the suitable subclass for a Nurse?

Can a Nurse get ITA from being in the pool or do they have to apply for jobs from Nigeria in order to get a sponsor first?

I'll be most grateful if I get a response.

I’m not sure what the requirement is now but it’s a bit difficult for a Nurse to get assessment completed from Nigeria. You should check AHPRA website on the assessment requirements. IELTS is the least of the requirements.
The main thing is that the AhpRa registration is easier if you are in Australia. Most nurses went through their spouse’s occupation then complete the registration requirement while onshore to start working. Other options are applying for jobs, MSc Nursing or going to Uk first then crossing to Australia after practicing for a while in the UK.

489 has been scrapped since Nov 16, 2019 so it’s no longer relevant.
Visas to consider: 189, 190 and 491(489 replacement)

Yes, nurses do get ITA from the pool but you must have completed all the AHPRA registration and be positively assessed as a Nurse
You can also apply for jobs and an employer can sponsor you

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:27pm On Feb 09, 2022
Bobbyluv8:
Hello. Has anyone gotten a state sponsored 491 visa in the last year? They seem to be accepting applications but not processing them. If anyone has any word. Please let me know. Thanks
They are processing but just a few.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:30pm On Feb 09, 2022
blackbriar:

I am so sorry.
My pidgin is getting bad then.

Are there good jobs to cater for a good life; not living on monthly pay checks.
For all these expensive commitments; financially,mentally,religiously that we are putting to migrate to australia?
Of course there are good jobs that pay well because Australia is one of the top 3 countries with the highest wages. bear in mind, if you don’t have financial management knowledge, even if you earn $1m, you can still be broke
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:32pm On Feb 09, 2022
Mcslize:

Isn't it still the same thing? If one wants to enter Aussie, and they are preventing the person from entering simply for not taking the vaccine, does that not mean that they are indirectly forcing people to take the vaccine?

It’s not force if you have a choice.
You have a choice not to come to Australia. You can go to countries that allow it.
My house, my rules! You don’t have to come if you don’t like my rules.
#my2cents

6 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:34pm On Feb 09, 2022
NHQGUY:

Hi, good morning.
Next up is to calculate her points using the calculator to know if she has a good score.
Lastly, you can't submit an EOI without a valid skilled assessment. So skill assessment has to come first.

Link for point calculator: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/tools/points-calculator

Click on the link then type the occupation and search. Once it opens, click on state/territory to see the sponsorship options available.
In addition @allylic, English test is required for AIMS (assessing body for MLS) - can’t remember the actual scores for each band. Check Aims website.
AIMS usually give Medical laboratory technician to all MLS at first until they write the MLS exams.
Most people I know have used the MLT to get nominations.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:38pm On Feb 09, 2022
yungmin:
Is there still hope even for 491 for offshore candidates? I recently found some Facebook groups on these 491 visas. They mostly Indians. The criteria for selection is totally not known. People with scores has high as 105 are waiting while some with barely 80 are getting invites. Even within the same profession. What's going on? Is it now by luck?
That’s not possible. No state will take 80 over 105 for same occupation and in the same state if they meet the state requirement. If you check well, the occupations will be different.

Most of the states will most likely open up in the new year - July 2022.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by iceberg54: 1:24pm On Feb 09, 2022
Mcslize:

There are over 190 other countries you can go to. No one is being forced to come.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by lookingfly: 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2022
iceberg54:

There are over 190 other countries you can go to. No one is being forced to come.
oga iceberg54.... Can certificate of English proficiency in school replace test of English proficiency, say pte for skilled work Australian visa?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mcslize: 4:06pm On Feb 09, 2022
iceberg54:

You ain't just getting the point, are you? Australia is supposed a democrat country if I am right. We are not living in a dictatorship era. Things like these are what those in power need to consider with the people freedom in mind. You don't just dish out rules without considering the free will of the people and migrants altogether.

Are they aware that not every Australian will like to take that vaccine of a thing?

Is it not the fear of covit? Covit and Omicron that is already getting out of existence?

I understand they are trying to protect their country. But they are doing it the wrong way, even against the free will of the citizens. So, nobody among the 25 million population of the country sees nothing wrong with forcing Covit vaccine on people?

Not everyone is comfortable taking this particular vaccine of a thing. So many conspiracies had been associated with it. Thus, many people if given the chance and free will, won't even get vacccinated

They shouldn't make it a compulsory factor for everyone.

They are supposed to respect people free will and adopt the usual process of having incoming people get tested within 48hrs and having them quarantined for a week to ascertain they don't have Covit or Omicron.

That's how a democratic society is supposed to operate. Not by forcing things against every person's will.

We ain't living in a dictatorship era you will agree with me.

That's my take! You have your own opinion regarding that as a patriotic migrant.

But for me, I am not comfortable with how they are indirectly making people to take it against their will only then they will be allowed to enter the country.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mcslize: 4:12pm On Feb 09, 2022
tunlex01:

It’s not force if you have a choice.
You have a choice not to come to Australia. You can go to countries that allow it.
My house, my rules! You don’t have to come if you don’t like my rules.
#my2cents

If you told me Australia is a country governed by dictators, only then I will agree with this.

Not for a parliamentary/democratic society like Australia.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NneAku344: 7:08pm On Feb 09, 2022
tunlex01:

I’m not sure what the requirement is now but it’s a bit difficult for a Nurse to get assessment completed from Nigeria. You should check AHPRA website on the assessment requirements. IELTS is the least of the requirements.
The main thing is that the AhpRa registration is easier if you are in Australia. Most nurses went through their spouse’s occupation then complete the registration requirement while onshore to start working. Other options are applying for jobs, MSc Nursing or going to Uk first then crossing to Australia after practicing for a while in the UK.

489 has been scrapped since Nov 16, 2019 so it’s no longer relevant.
Visas to consider: 189, 190 and 491(489 replacement)

Yes, nurses do get ITA from the pool but you must have completed all the AHPRA registration and be positively assessed as a Nurse
You can also apply for jobs and an employer can sponsor you

Thank you very much, I appreciate... I was asking on behalf of a friend.. I will show her your response.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NHQGUY: 11:33am On Feb 11, 2022
ACT is now open for offshore nomination for both 190 and 491 visas.
Occupation has to be on the ACT critical skill list.

Hopefully more states will follow. smiley
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by HolySteph(f): 12:26pm On Feb 11, 2022
NHQGUY:
ACT is now open for offshore nomination for both 190 and 491 visas.
Occupation has to be on the ACT critical skill list.

Hopefully more states will follow. smiley
Link pls
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NHQGUY: 12:48pm On Feb 11, 2022

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by HolySteph(f): 12:58pm On Feb 11, 2022
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Allylic(f): 9:35pm On Feb 11, 2022
NHQGUY:

Hi, good morning.

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation.

I am currently going through the link you sent and I will let you know if I have any questions and concerns.

PS. Please any idea of how long the process takes if she starts now.I mean from assessment to nomination to visa.

Thank you once again.

Best,
Allylicc
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Allylic(f): 9:36pm On Feb 11, 2022
tunlex01:

In addition @allylic, English test is required for AIMS (assessing body for MLS) - can’t remember the actual scores for each band. Check Aims website.
AIMS usually give Medical laboratory technician to all MLS at first until they write the MLS exams.
Most people I know have used the MLT to get nominations.

Thank you so much.

I hope you don't mind if I send you a DM
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:43am On Feb 12, 2022
Mcslize:

If you told me Australia is a country governed by dictators, only then I will agree with this.

Not for a parliamentary/democratic society like Australia.

Story!

I'm sure you know that in Australia, voting is compulsory if you are a citizen.
If you don't want to vote, you can withdraw your citizenship (remain PR) or provide an exemption to vote.
It's not dictatorship if the decision is for the betterment of the country and her citizens. Another example is making every driver have a valid driver's license, or passengers using seat belt. Is that dictatorship too?

You always have a choice, it's just that you don't like the choice available to you.

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:44am On Feb 12, 2022
Allylic:

Thank you so much.

I hope you don't mind if I send you a DM
that's fine
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NHQGUY: 11:27am On Feb 12, 2022
Allylic:

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation.

I am currently going through the link you sent and I will let you know if I have any questions and concerns.

PS. Please any idea of how long the process takes if she starts now.I mean from assessment to nomination to visa.

Thank you once again.

Best,
Allylicc

Skill assessment takes roughly 3 months (from my experience with vetassess).

For the other part, I am not too sure cos I am currently at the stage were I submitted EOI and waiting on state nominations to commence fully so I can apply (hopefully that should start in July). From research tho, visa processing takes about 18months.

My advice, if she's serious, she should write her ielts now and also start the skill assessment so she can be ready when states and regional nominations start in July.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mcslize: 12:57pm On Feb 12, 2022
tunlex01:

Story!

I'm sure you know that in Australia, voting is compulsory if you are a citizen.
If you don't want to vote, you can withdraw your citizenship (remain PR) or provide an exemption to vote.
It's not dictatorship if the decision is for the betterment of the country and her citizens. Another example is making every driver have a valid driver's license, or passengers using seat belt. Is that dictatorship too?

You always have a choice, it's just that you don't like the choice available to you.

I have no issue with the bolded. Those are normal saner societal rules for every sane society. I have no problem following such rules as far they don't involve me injecting anything inside my body that many conspiracies had surrounded.

I will judiciously obey other external rules like the bolded if the need arises.

My bone of contention is having anything that deals with taking something inside your body which you and I know not everyone will be confortable with. Not everyone will love to inject something into their body. But if the law is making such a thing mandatory, then that's an abuse of freedom of the people.

That's my personal thoughts!

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 2:12pm On Feb 12, 2022
^^^ Don't derail this thread oga. Take your anti-vaxx debate elsewhere please.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mcslize: 4:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
FutureDon:
^^^ Don't derail this thread oga. Take your anti-vaxx debate elsewhere please.

You're supposed to quote me na. I have been on this thread before you were born you know that?

Besides, when did you start following this thread?

Go back to history and see how much I have contributed to this thread. You better mind your business Mr Man.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by HolySteph(f): 4:45pm On Feb 12, 2022
NHQGUY:

Skill assessment takes roughly 3 months (from my experience with vetassess).

For the other part, I am not too sure cos I am currently at the stage were I submitted EOI and waiting on state nominations to commence fully so I can apply (hopefully that should start in July). From research tho, visa processing takes about 18months.

My advice, if she's serious, she should write her ielts now and also start the skill assessment so she can be ready when states and regional nominations start in July.

How long now since you submitted your EOI?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:11am On Feb 13, 2022
https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/news-events/skilled-migration-program-update-offshore-applicants-1
SA is adding another 259 occupations from 16th February, 2021 for offshore applicants.
So get your documents ready
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 12:15am On Feb 13, 2022
Mcslize:

K! Without quoting the gibberish obviously.

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.