Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (805194 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 7:53am On Feb 20, 2022
Anosky:
Pls does anyone know how much priority processing reassessment cost based on change of occupation
$600 + 880
https://www.vetassess.com.au/skills-assessment-for-migration/professional-occupations/priority-processing
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 7:53am On Feb 20, 2022
Anosky:
Pls does anyone know how much priority processing reassessment cost based on change of occupation
$600 + $880
https://www.vetassess.com.au/skills-assessment-for-migration/professional-occupations/priority-processing
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Jenniangel(f): 11:46am On Feb 20, 2022
NHQGUY:

Hello, when did you take your IELTS?
Ifit's not up to 2 weeks, quickly apply for remarking for your writing. You should get 7.

You'll need atleast 7 in each to have a good point with Australia.
Thanks alot for your response. It's way more than 2 weeks, since September 2021
Anyways maybe I will consider writing another one
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Jenniangel(f): 11:51am On Feb 20, 2022
tunlex01:

You will need to still read through. The messages will keep you grounded as it's a DIY thread.

In addition, your qualifications will determine if you are good to go.
Have you checked which occupation you can nominate and the ANZSCO code?
Good day sir, I will try to read through

Yes, Economist is among the in demand with ANZACO code 224311
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by nairacountry(m): 11:52am On Feb 20, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/6994691/caveat-emptor-before-giving-money

Read this before you give your hard earned money to this fraudulent company. I shared with you my personal experience with them plus evidence
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:45pm On Feb 20, 2022
Jenniangel:

Good day sir, I will try to read through

Yes, Economist is among the in demand with ANZACO code 224311
What's your qualification(s)
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by leppyj(m): 2:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
tunlex01:

Can you use this format
This is for new members:

Course of study
Educational qualifications with dates awarded (ND/HND/Bsc/Msc/PhD)
Awarding University(ies)
Job title(s)
Years of experience

Course of study : Electrical Engineering
Educational qualifications with date: ND :2006 HND 2009
Awarding Institution: Federal Polytechnic Ilaro
Job Title: Assistant Supritendent (Works with a paramilitary organisation)
Years of Experience : 10 years
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Jenniangel(f): 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
tunlex01:

What's your qualification(s)

Bsc economic and Statistics
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bodacious1: 8:07pm On Feb 20, 2022
Is there anyone here considering to or has submitted an ROI to SA for ICT Business Analyst (261111) as an offshore applicant? It seems the only visa category specified for offshore candidates is 491.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mayo47(m): 9:47pm On Feb 20, 2022
Course of Study
MSc Business Analytics - 2021
MSc Accounting & Finance - 2015
BSc Economics -2009

Awarding University(ies)
Manchester Metropolitan University
University of Salford
Babcock University

Job titles
Auditor, Consultant, Strategy Manager, Operations, Data Analyst

Years of experience
10 years

tunlex01:

Can you use this format
This is for new members:

Course of study
Educational qualifications with dates awarded (ND/HND/Bsc/Msc/PhD)
Awarding University(ies)
Job title(s)
Years of experience
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by haryourdayG(m): 10:44pm On Feb 20, 2022
GraduatesGrant:

I need someone who has successfully done his assessment with EA to guide me in my Career episode please while I prepare for my IELTS.

Hi, I got positive assessment with Engineers Australia in December 2021. What help do you seek?

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:24pm On Feb 20, 2022
leppyj:

Course of study : Electrical Engineering
Educational qualifications with date: ND :2006 HND 2009
Awarding Institution: Federal Polytechnic Ilaro
Job Title: Assistant Supritendent (Works with a paramilitary organisation)
Years of Experience : 10 years
From what I see here, your job is likely not related to your degree. Am I right ?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:28pm On Feb 20, 2022
Jenniangel:

Bsc economic and Statistics
I meant your university as well cos that’s a determining factor in getting a positive assessment or not
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by GraduatesGrant(m): 12:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
haryourdayG:

Hi, I got positive assessment with Engineers Australia in December 2021. What help do you seek? You can send a mail to : haryourdayg@gmail.com
Alright sir.
Thanks so much
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:36pm On Feb 21, 2022
mayo47:
Course of Study
MSc Business Analytics - 2021
MSc Accounting & Finance - 2015
BSc Economics -2009

Awarding University(ies)
Manchester Metropolitan University
University of Salford
Babcock University

Job titles
Auditor, Consultant, Strategy Manager, Operations, Data Analyst

Years of experience
10 years

The occupations are not consistent.
Which occupation did you intend to nominate?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mayo47(m): 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2022
The job description for Consultant (External) and Strategy Manager (Internal Consultant) are the same. While job functions as it relates to audit, strategy, operations and data analysis overlap/related

Considering the occupation for Nomination - ICT Business Analyst, Management Consultant

tunlex01:

The occupations are not consistent.
Which occupation did you intend to nominate?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Jenniangel(f): 11:27pm On Feb 21, 2022
tunlex01:

I meant your university as well cos that’s a determining factor in getting a positive assessment or not
Bsc Economics and Statistics
University of Benin
3yrs working experience as a Planning Officer
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tyosho: 9:45am On Feb 22, 2022
Hi guys ,

Please is anyone coming to Australia soon ? I need help with bringing in some clothes I sewed in Lagos . I’m happy to cover the costs of what it weighs in kg and a little extra .

Kindly dm me please .

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:54pm On Feb 22, 2022
mayo47:
The job description for Consultant (External) and Strategy Manager (Internal Consultant) are the same. While job functions as it relates to audit, strategy, operations and data analysis overlap/related

Considering the occupation for Nomination - ICT Business Analyst, Management Consultant

For ICT BA, ACS will likely cut up to 8 years of your experience because your prior degrees are not IT related and the 2021 may be inconsequential since it's recent.
For Vetassess Mgt Consultant occupation, only experience after 2015 will be counted by Vetassess as Babcock is a tier 2 university. Also, Vetassess will still chop off at least 1 year after 2015.
With these two bodies, your job descriptions have to be totally aligned to the occupation's
JDs in ANZSCO to avoid a negative assessement.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:57pm On Feb 22, 2022
Jenniangel:

Bsc Economics and Statistics
University of Benin
3yrs working experience as a Planning Officer
Your degree is AQF - Associate degree and not a Bachelor's degree, so it cannot assess for an Economist occupation - it's an automatic negative assessment after 3 months of waiting.
You need an AQF Bachelor's degree or a masters degree with at least 1 year post qualification experience to get a positive assessment.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Knight1(m): 6:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
Hi Everyone.
Just thought I'd share.
If you are trying to get assessed, you should check out this list to see the occupation that you can choose that will also be in demand in the future
https://www.nationalskillscommission.gov.au/sites/default/files/2021-06/Skills%20Priority%20List%20Occupation%20List_0.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3tWIvgRqPXaKzUBhbxjyzOXz13AtMzZoZlenRotXvGsqitfNWJ3EYPMZk

Check where there is shortage (S) and if possible try to go along those lines so that even if your points aren't so high, you have a good chance.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ImperialMcHael(m): 11:27pm On Feb 22, 2022
Good evening everybody,
I'm new to this thread, however I have some enquiries.
How can one get assessement for Bsc Accounting?
Has anybody done that in recent times?
What are the fees?

Concerning IELTs which is easier to conquer? The academics or the general tests?

Also, is there anything like health insurance or maintenance costs of which we must present a proof of funds before the visa can be granted?

Finally, cost-wise is it safe to exclude dependants in the application (wife and child) then process theirs after the Primary applicant has travelled?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by adeyhariet(f): 11:51pm On Feb 22, 2022
Good evening everyone.
Please is IELTS compulsory for migration to Australia? If is is compulsory, is the spouse required to write too? Also will the spouse(dependent) have his or her certificate assessed?
Thank you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 5:48am On Feb 23, 2022
adeyhariet:
Good evening everyone.
Please is IELTS compulsory for migration to Australia? If is is compulsory, is the spouse required to write too? Also will the spouse(dependent) have his or her certificate assessed?
Thank you.

Please check here.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-nominated-190#Eligibility

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by leppyj(m): 10:31pm On Feb 23, 2022
tunlex01:

From what I see here, your job is likely not related to your degree. Am I right ?
Yes, but I once worked in technical department (elcrtical unit) of the organisation for five years, the stuff I did then were just petty stuff
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Fertilady(f): 9:03am On Feb 24, 2022
Hello all, this Australian migration thing is quite confusing, I have gone through the previous pages. Any pharmacist in the house, please put me through o. ohaneleamarachi@gmail.com
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:41pm On Feb 24, 2022
ImperialMcHael:
Good evening everybody,
I'm new to this thread, however I have some enquiries.
How can one get assessement for Bsc Accounting?
Has anybody done that in recent times?
What are the fees?

Concerning IELTs which is easier to conquer? The academics or the general tests?

Also, is there anything like health insurance or maintenance costs of which we must present a proof of funds before the visa can be granted?

Finally, cost-wise is it safe to exclude dependants in the application (wife and child) then process theirs after the Primary applicant has travelled?

1. There are 3 bodies assessing Accountants. Have you visited their websites? If you have not, it's save to start the thread from the beginning
2. For Accountants, you need IELTS Academic or PTE
3. Not all states require proof of funds. Health insurance is not needed before landing. You can take it in addition to Medicare when you land.
4. I wont advise it cos it doesn't change the cost and with the current unprecendented times that we are in, timelines to re-unite may be longer.
Options (a) add them to your application. Upon grant, you can land first and they join you within a year (b) only apply for yourself, land then apply for Subsequent entrant visas for the rest of the family - downside is time and effort. The advantage of the former is that the family can join as soon as they want.

Finally, Accountant is one of the competitive occupations and hasnt gotten offshore nominations in almost 3 years now.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2022
adeyhariet:
Good evening everyone.
Thank you.
Yes,
If you are married, your spouse having English test result and a positive employment assessment gives you 10 point (single applicant gets 10 points automatically). So you may be at a disadvantage if your spouse is not writing English test (this gives you 5 points) even if you decide not to do employment assessment for your spouse.

In simple words
Single - 10 points automatically
Married - 10 points [employment positive assessment + English test (at least 6 in each band)]
Married - 5 points (English test - at least 6 in each band)
Married - 0 point (no assessment, no English test but must provide at least tertiary education certificate and transcript)

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:48pm On Feb 24, 2022
leppyj:

Yes, but I once worked in technical department (elcrtical unit) of the organisation for five years, the stuff I did then were just petty stuff
\In the last 5 years, you havent worked as an Electrician or electrical staff?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:48pm On Feb 24, 2022
Fertilady:
Hello all, this Australian migration thing is quite confusing, I have gone through the previous pages. Any pharmacist in the house, please put me through o. ohaneleamarachi@gmail.com

What is the confusion that you need clarification for?

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Fertilady(f): 10:15pm On Feb 24, 2022
tunlex01:

What is the confusion that you need clarification for?
I have figured it out. Thank you

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by leppyj(m): 11:34pm On Feb 24, 2022
tunlex01:
\In the last 5 years, you havent worked as an Electrician or electrical staff?
In the last 2 years plus

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.