Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (806551 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by PaPxM: 9:11am On Mar 28, 2023
bellong:

Firstly, you need to check the skill level of the occupation. I think ICT support engineer is a level 1 occupation requiring a bachelor degree. ACS does do experience in lieu which will make you lose experience points.

ICT support requires a diploma or so. In addition, you have to check if the occupations are being nominated by any state.

Going by points you can gain, I will suggest the support officer with TRA.

@Bellong, thank you for your swift response, I will start the assessment once I'm done with my IELTS Exams, secondly the banking statements for the Assessment do they need all duration or only a few months. On TRA Website, Payslip is stated specifically for 3 Months but the Bank statement was not stated.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mateentechy: 9:35am On Mar 28, 2023
Please kindly respond to my question. Thank

mateentechy:
Hello All,

I am currently an ICT business analyst with over three years working experience. I have a bachelor's in Agri-business management and a masters degree in accounting and a CBAP IIBA certification in business analysis. I would like to hear from you regarding what best route to take.

Where to do an assessment, if required.

Which Visa category is more appropriate.

Thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Saynoomore: 11:05am On Mar 28, 2023
@ Tunlex and gurus in the house, I greet you all!
Please these form 80, can we fill and scan all, or just in-text the pdf forms, then sign and scan only the last page? I don't want to hear stories that touch grin, so I'm thinking of scanning all pages, but the MB size will be too much. undecided
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by DJMJ(m): 4:03pm On Mar 28, 2023
Bisunique25:

Thank you so much, you have been so helpful. I guess hubby and I will have to chill for him to round up his master’s program next year in order to add to his HND for additional 5 points. Please how can I reach you?

You can send mail to the mail address on my profile.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bodacious1: 5:56pm On Mar 28, 2023
You should provide statements at least for the three months that correspond with the amounts on your payslips.

PaPxM:

@Bellong, thank you for your swift response, I will start the assessment once I'm done with my IELTS Exams, secondly the banking statements for the Assessment do they need all duration or only a few months. On TRA Website, Payslip is stated specifically for 3 Months but the Bank statement was not stated.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NB1912: 6:08am On Mar 29, 2023
Temmybuky:

Thanks for your response @bellong. I did Master of telecommunication engineering in Australia, and I have gotten a positive assessment with EA for Telecom Engineer through it. Also, I have already done an expression of interest in that skill in some states in Australia without claiming points for work experience because of some complexities involved from my employers in Nigeria. But I changed my career during COVID-19 and have been working as DevOps/Cloud Engineer for over a year. I want to rely on getting assessment from ACS and, if possible, get points for cloud/DevOps skills too. Firstly, I want to know the right ANZSCO role to apply for as a cloud/DevOps engineer is not specified explicitly on the list. Secondly, I want to know if I can do the Post Australian Study pathway as my degree is closely related to IT.

Thanks for always helping
Most DevOps engineers i have seen receive positive assessment have gone under 261313 or 261311. Please note that there is a new Anzco code for DevOps engineer (261316). Not sure when ACS will start accepting applicating for this code.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NB1912: 6:13am On Mar 29, 2023
hemekhar:
Hello All,

I just came across this thread and its very informative.
I've been in Cybersecurity for 7 years and want to get as assessment done with ACS. Problem is I have a Bachelors in Elect/Elect Engineering from Covenant University. What do you think are my chances?

Also, for the payment parts, how can I go about the superannuation route to show? What do I need to request from my PFA?

Thanks
For an Elect/Elect degree, ACS will deduct 4 years. You will only be able to claim 3 years of experience.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NB1912: 6:27am On Mar 29, 2023
mateentechy:
Hello All,

I am currently an ICT business analyst with over three years working experience. I have a masters degree in business and a CBAP IIBA certification in business analysis. I would like to hear from you regarding what best route to take.

Thank you
Unfortunately you do not qualify as your Masters degree in business is not relevant to IT. If you had 6 years of experience then you would have been able to apply via the RPL route.

Do you have a BSc? If yes, in what field? And in which University?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 6:30am On Mar 29, 2023
PaPxM:

Few months should suffice. 3 months each year max.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 6:31am On Mar 29, 2023
Saynoomore:
Please these form 80, can we fill and scan all, or just in-text the pdf forms, then sign and scan only the last page? I don't want to hear stories that touch grin, so I'm thinking of scanning all pages, but the MB size will be too much. undecided

You can sign and scan only the pages requiring signature and then merge them.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by PaPxM: 9:42am On Mar 29, 2023
bellong:

Few months should suffice. 3 months each year max.

Kindly advise on this as well, My first Job in South Africa, I didn't have a permit by then so it was paid Cash in Hand, I can get payslips but how do I go about the other proof, Should I let the manager state the salary in the reference letter or he should draft a cover letter stating the reasons? I was using asylum which didn't allow one to open a bank account but can school and work with that. Moreover, I registered with SARS(Tax Revenue Service) only in 2020. I worked for this employer from 2016 - 2019.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Saynoomore: 10:34am On Mar 29, 2023
bellong:

You can sign and scan only the pages requiring signature and then merge them.

Thanks!
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mille: 11:08am On Mar 29, 2023
I have an opportunity to go to Europe but I once lived there and I'm not really a fan of the language barrier. That's why I ran earlier.

Please I'm looking forward to preparing for nsw 491 using Agricultural scientist and I'd really appreciate some help.

- For the Agricultural scientist, I can see vetassess requires one year of highly relevant experience for assessment. I haven't worked in the Agricultural field since I graduated. Is it possible to use my NYSC for the experience? I served at the Ministry of Agriculture.

- NSW 491 requires that you apply to an RDA office. Is state nomination guaranteed after applying when you meet the minimum requirements?

- Finally, I'm only married traditionally and my wife doesn't intent to travel abroad permanently, only to visit periodically. Can I apply as a single alone with my child to get the extra points? Will it have any effects on my wife securing a visit visa?

Cc: bellong
Tunlex
NB1912
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Abdujapha(m): 12:13pm On Mar 29, 2023
bellong, tunlex please I need a bit of clarification for my sister.

On vetassess page, I can see journalists and other writers NEC ANZSCO 212499 group B and on reading, I see a category of journalism sub-groups which is listed as not part of this ANZSCO 212499.

She is a TV journalist with over 8years of work experience in a TV station and currently a senior producer news and programme.
She's 34, has a Bachelor's Degree in Mass communication, married but she hasn't written ielts. Please I need clarification as to assessment with vetassess for eligible visas expression of interest for her.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by RealBae: 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2023
`Hello
I will advise you to
1, Write IELTS, study hard and get at least 7 in all band. Apply for assessment, CPA Australia assess accountants, get your assessment done and target NSW 190 and 491. Especially 491. NSW is giving 491 invitation now to offshore applicants.
2. Target employers that can offer you sponsorship. Accountants are getting jobs in Aussie now

You can get PR, start with English and once you get it done and do your assessment, you are one step to your PR dream

Good luck

Happyfellow147:
Hello everyone,

Please pathway what do you advice I take for Australian PR?
I'm a chartered accountant, worked for 7+ years and currently studying for MSc in Finance in the UK, would be done by the end of the year.
Hubby is a lawyer, he has less than 1 year of legal practice experience but is doing care work here in the UK.
I'm also doing care work here as well and in addition to my Finance background, I'm taking courses in data analytics. My age range is 30-35.

With my experience in the UK, I really don't want to go to any country via study route except it's my last option.
Can I get PR to Australia?
Can anyone help with guidance?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by RealBae: 8:22pm On Mar 29, 2023
If you have a positive assessment and want to go 491 route, target NSW, they are inviting offshore applicants now. A friend submitted EOI on the 24th March 2023 and got invitation to apply 491 NSW today 29th March. I know of another person that submitted last month and go it today as well. Their scores are 70 and 75

Good luck

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:45am On Mar 30, 2023
Mojisolais:

Many thanks for your response. I have actually reached out to the dept and they said no one has asked for such and it's difficult to get as many updates have been done since I left the school (OAU). I'd appreciate ideas from anyone that has done this in my school or with other ideas of alternatives to the curriculum. Thanks!
There is no other solution. Check the assessing authority's website cos curriculum is required. You are an alumnus, whether someone has asked before or not should not be their problem.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:46am On Mar 30, 2023
mateentechy:
Hello All,

I am currently an ICT business analyst with over three years working experience. I have a masters degree in business and a CBAP IIBA certification in business analysis. I would like to hear from you regarding what best route to take.

Thank you
With ACS, you need a Computer science major. Without that, you can do RPL but you will need a lot of years of experience.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:46am On Mar 30, 2023
mateentechy:
Hello All,

Thank you
With ACS, you need a Computer science major. Without that, you can do RPL but you will need a lot of years of experience and 3 years is not a lot
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:47am On Mar 30, 2023
hemekhar:

Thank you.
Also, I have references from my previous employers addressed to a school in Australia when I was trying the admission route. Can I use them or do I have to get a new reference addressed to ACS?
Please get a new one and ensure it has all the required details in them.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:48am On Mar 30, 2023
PaPxM:

TRA takes about 5 months now for assessment. Why not put in your application then write the exam while you wait for the outcome. #justathought.

Get bank statement for all the years. Even for payslips, use 1 per quarter for the years you are claiming

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:50am On Mar 30, 2023
Saynoomore:

yes you can complete only and only print the last page then merge with ilovepdf.com

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:59am On Mar 30, 2023
Mille:
I have an opportunity to go to Europe but I once lived there and I'm not really a fan of the language barrier. That's why I ran earlier.

Please I'm looking forward to preparing for nsw 491 using Agricultural scientist and I'd really appreciate some help.

- For the Agricultural scientist, I can see vetassess requires one year of highly relevant experience for assessment. I haven't worked in the Agricultural field since I graduated. Is it possible to use my NYSC for the experience? I served at the Ministry of Agriculture.

- NSW 491 requires that you apply to an RDA office. Is state nomination guaranteed after applying when you meet the minimum requirements?

- Finally, I'm only married traditionally and my wife doesn't intent to travel abroad permanently, only to visit periodically. Can I apply as a single alone with my child to get the extra points? Will it have any effects on my wife securing a visit visa?

Cc: bellong
Tunlex
NB1912
1. NYSC experience is usually 11 months but if you can make it 12 months, it should fly.
2. If you meet the minimum requirement, you should get it. If not, NSW will notify why you are nott getting the nomination.
3. You cannot apply as a single applicant (please note this cos I have a few people who have withdrawn and another planning to withdraw their application because the CO is questioning it - loss of money & time). The moment you have a partner whether legally married or not, you are no longer single. So technically, you are in a de-facto relationship. So declare that and include your spouse and kid in the application. Get your spouse to write English test (if you need extra 5 points from her). If you don't need the extra points, her uni transcript and letter of instruction in English should suffice.

You can also add your spouse to the application and she can visit anytime she wants instead of visitor visa.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Elachuks(f): 5:27am On Mar 30, 2023
Good morning amiable nairalanders, I want to know how I can apply for 491, or 190 visa as a mathematics graduate since 2010 without any work experience in the field, but I have been running my own businesses from cleaning business to beauty business. Do I stand a chance? Please help a sister.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mille: 8:20am On Mar 30, 2023
tunlex01:

1. NYSC experience is usually 11 months but if you can make it 12 months, it should fly.
2. If you meet the minimum requirement, you should get it. If not, NSW will notify why you are nott getting the nomination.
3. You cannot apply as a single applicant (please note this cos I have a few people who have withdrawn and another planning to withdraw their application because the CO is questioning it - loss of money & time). The moment you have a partner whether legally married or not, you are no longer single. So technically, you are in a de-facto relationship. So declare that and include your spouse and kid in the application. Get your spouse to write English test (if you need extra 5 points from her). If you don't need the extra points, her uni transcript and letter of instruction in English should suffice.

You can also add your spouse to the application and she can visit anytime she wants instead of visitor visa.

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it.

Do you have any tips on how to structure the nysc to meet up with the work requirements? And also documents I should prepare for positive assessment.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Larry456: 8:25am On Mar 30, 2023
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Larry456: 8:37am On Mar 30, 2023
Morning gurus in the house.
A graduate of University of Ilorin 4years course in Education wants to access for secondary school teacher skill level 1

All papers are ready....
But I read something on this thread that tier 1 universities in Nigeria can only be assessed for skill level 1 if it's a 5years course and not 4years course.
Please clarification on this oo. Make money no enter Expressway
Thank you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Larry456: 8:44am On Mar 30, 2023
Maybe I should drop proper message

26year old
University of Ilorin
4years course in Education
All documents are intact and ready for assessment as a
Secondary school teacher skill level 1

Please What else is needed to get a positive assessment?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Abdujapha(m): 9:07am On Mar 30, 2023
Abdujapha:
bellong, tunlex please I need a bit of clarification for my sister.

On vetassess page, I can see journalists and other writers NEC ANZSCO 212499 group B and on reading, I see a category of journalism sub-groups which is listed as not part of this ANZSCO 212499.

She is a TV journalist with over 8years of work experience in a TV station and currently a senior producer news and programme.

She's 34, has a Bachelor's Degree in Mass communication, married but she hasn't written ielts. Please I need clarification as to assessment with vetassess for eligible visas expression of interest for her.

Thanks in anticipation.

Please guys, any sort of clarification will be much appreciated.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by benincities: 1:23pm On Mar 30, 2023
Good day my elders in the thread and I commend your contributions in this DIY thread.
I have a few questions I will like @bellong, @tulex and others with information to assist me in deciding what to do.
1. I have a B.Sc in Botany from the University of Benin and graduated in 2008 but I have never worked as a botanist.
2. I have been working as School Administrator with a cumulative of 10 years experience in international schools both in Port Harcourt and Abuja.
3. Currently I'm a head of non academic staff in an international school and part of my responsibilities is direct supervision of the gardeners and the school landscape maintenance.
4. Botany is on the Skill Occupation list but a Level 1 while my B.Sc is from a tier 2 University which will not be approved.
5. I also have a PGDE in Educational Management without Teaching Practice hence cannot assess as a Secondary School Teacher.
6. I am thinking of Assessing as a Landscape gardener which is a level 3 occupation and only requires a minimum of Level 3 certificate.
7. If I tweak my JD to that of a Landscape gardener and with my qualification as a Botanist, will I have a positive assessment with my higher qualification of B.Sc as against a Certificate 3 on TRA website.
8. I have a Pay slip, Pension, Tax certificate and Bank statement for the 3 years that I have a direct supervisory role to the gardeners / landscaping among other responsibilities.
I can discuss with our HR dept. to write a reference letter for me with the responsibility of a gardener for the purpose of migrating only.
Apologies for the long questions
I'm 38 years, yet to write IELTS but will do after the assessment,
My wife is 33 years with a B.Ed but due to the long process of Assessing as a teacher which requires licensing with a state teacher registration board before AITSL, I decide to be the main applicant because its faster and less expensive via TRA.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by hemekhar(m): 1:28pm On Mar 30, 2023
NB1912:

For an Elect/Elect degree, ACS will deduct 4 years. You will only be able to claim 3 years of experience.

Thank you,
So, what do you advise? Do you think I'll have better luck with RPL?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Damola16: 2:12pm On Mar 30, 2023
Please anyone here assessing as Public Relations professional with Vetasses?

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.