Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,049 members, 7,814,602 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (806573 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 8:57am On Apr 03, 2023
Hamstrong001:

Thanks for this quick response...

I would have love that my wife should apply because she will earn more point on age and being a grad from OAU but most schools she worked for is not standard and the bank statement might be the issue even though we can still work out payslip for her because they re paid mostly cash ....

And do you feel anyone going between us should write IELTS exam?

Do you still feel my wife should apply instead of me pls?

Your wife has a higher chance of quick invitation compared to you. She should be the primary applicant.

You can get payslip, pencom statement and/or tax document.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by snowburn: 11:28am On Apr 03, 2023
[quote author=bellong post=122259865]
Guys please help
@ bellong please can you kindly assist

Will a Political Science degree from University of Nigeria Nsukka and 8 years experience working as Public Relations Officer for an NGO get a positive skill assessment from VETASSESS?

Or will a positive outcome be more likely applying to VETASSESS for Social Professionals NEC instead of Public Relations Professional??
--This is due to the qualification being in Political Science??
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bolaji332: 11:29am On Apr 03, 2023
Good morning, this platform has been so interactive. thank you so much for this beautiful information you guys are giving us.
please I don't know if someone can guide me through how to apply for the skilled migration. I'm currently working in a bank. but I need help.

please your best opinion will be welcome..

Thank you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by hemekhar(m): 2:44pm On Apr 03, 2023
Hello gurus,

Please forgive my ignorance.
When an accessing body deducts 4 years from a 7 years experience, does this mean you have to fill 3 years in your skills calculator or the deduction is just for the skills assessment? Make person no make mistake chop ban
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:04pm On Apr 03, 2023
snowburn:

Just piggybacking on this post; Will a Political Science degree from University of Nigeria Nsukka and 8 years experience working as Public Relations Officer for an NGO get a positive skill assessment from VETASSESS?
Apart from your degree not related, UNN is a tier 2 university and your 4 year degree cannot assess for a level 1 occupation with Vetassess. it's an automatic negative assessment.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:05pm On Apr 03, 2023
snowburn:

Or will a positive outcome be more likely applying to VETASSESS for Social Professionals NEC instead of Public Relations Professional??
--This is due to the qualification being in Political Science??
Avoid all level 1 occupations
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:09pm On Apr 03, 2023
hemekhar:
Hello gurus,

When an accessing body deducts 4 years from a 7 years experience, does this mean you have to fill 3 years in your skills calculator or the deduction is just for the skills assessment? Make person no make mistake chop ban
yes.
You can fill the 7 years but claim points for 3 years and not claim points for the 4 years

There has been a recent update from DHA that if your assessing body reduce your years of experience, then the Visa Case officer can review that and do their own assessment. This means you leave the chance to the CO to either accept the points you claimed or the ones approved by the assessing body.
Most people avoid this cos you don't want to get to the stage to have your visa refused. So the choice is yours.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by hemekhar(m): 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2023
tunlex01:

yes.
You can fill the 7 years but claim points for 3 years and not claim points for the 4 years

There has been a recent update from DHA that if your assessing body reduce your years of experience, then the Visa Case officer can review that and do their own assessment. This means you leave the chance to the CO to either accept the points you claimed or the ones approved by the assessing body.
Most people avoid this cos you don't want to get to the stage to have your visa refused. So the choice is yours.

Thanks boss, what do you personally recommend?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by DJMJ(m): 9:32am On Apr 04, 2023
hemekhar:
Hello gurus,

After deduction you can only claim experience for years deemed skilled, which should be years left after deduction. In you own case 3 years

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 1:01pm On Apr 04, 2023
[quote author=snowburn post=122263158][/quote]

In addition to what Tunlex01 said, before you set out to assess for an occupation, ensure that the occupation is on 189 list or is being nominated by some states. That it is on the state lists does not mean it is available for nomination. You have to check the occupations available in each state.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 1:03pm On Apr 04, 2023
hemekhar:
Hello gurus,

To play it safe, claim only 3 years. If you were onshore and will to fight the battle, claim the 7 years provided your occupation doesn't require intership or qualifying year to work.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:36pm On Apr 04, 2023
hemekhar:

Thanks boss, what do you personally recommend?
That's a big question.
I have given you the options, you can make your choice.
I have seen a one person with the usual one year deduction from Vetassess being approved by DHA. I havent seen a 3 or 4 year deductions before
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Larry456: 9:30pm On Apr 04, 2023
bellong:

Did you complete teaching practice in your degree? It is one of the most important things AITSL look out for during assessment.

Yes I did. And have the school letter to prove it as required.
Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by damiontop: 9:35pm On Apr 04, 2023
Consolidate all pages into one PDF document for each qualification and each employment entry?If documents are digitally signed do not combine with any other document. 1.does this means i will seperate for eg.bank statement that was presigned in pdf or reference letter that was digitally signed?
2.Should i merge all documents (university certificate and transcript) for any qualification in one PDF?
3.Should i merge all documents (all payslips, all contracts, work experience, bank statement) for any employment in one pdf?

Please i need a your advice house.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by damiontop: 9:48pm On Apr 04, 2023
The below questions for assessment with ACS.

Consolidate all pages into one PDF document for each qualification and each employment entry?If documents are digitally signed do not combine with any other document. 1.does this means i will seperate for eg.bank statement that was presigned in pdf or reference letter that was digitally signed?
2.Should i merge all documents (university certificate and transcript) for any qualification in one PDF?
3.Should i merge all documents (all payslips, all contracts, work experience, bank statement) for any employment in one pdf?

Please i need a your advice house
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by objifeanyi: 9:14am On Apr 05, 2023
Hello Everyone,

Please permit my question.

Has anyone been assessed for procurement manager. I will like to know how he handled his documentation on organizational chart bearing in mind that the company (or companies) worked for will not sign and stamp it to be used for migration purpose.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by SundayphilipNic: 12:03pm On Apr 05, 2023
Good afternoon Friends. I have study visa for july intake to study master of Engineering Professional, majoring in Technology and Management. Also have been working as a quality Control Welding inspector for 6 years with Certification Cswip 3.1(this is like a license from Training institute in the UK) and i intend to continue with my Profession in Australia during or/and after my Masters program. my question to the gurus in the house is my chances of getting Permanent resident after study.
Note: my Bsc is in agricultural and Bioresources Engineering in Nigeria. thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NHQGUY: 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2023
DJMJ:

After deduction you can only claim experience for years deemed skilled, which should be years left after deduction. In you own case 3 years

[s]After deduction you can only claim experience for years deemed skilled[/s]
This statement is INCORRECT
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by damiontop: 5:41pm On Apr 06, 2023
Hello House,

Pls how do i check for the in-demand occupation in certain province or regions in Australia for visa 190? eg . when i go to skilled occupation list for my ANZSCO Code (Computer Network and Systems Engineer 263111) - MLTSSL. i only see list of visa's indemand for the occupation.

Will be glad if anyone can shed more light on this. thanks in anticipation.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by damiontop: 9:43pm On Apr 06, 2023
Hello house.

Pls how will i know if Computer Network and Systems Engineer 263111 is nominated in a state?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 11:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
damiontop:
Hello house.

Pls how will i know if Computer Network and Systems Engineer 263111 is nominated in a state?

Visit each state's migration page. The list of occupations they nominate can be found on their websites.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by hemekhar(m): 7:55am On Apr 07, 2023
NHQGUY:

[s]After deduction you can only claim experience for years deemed skilled[/s]
This statement is INCORRECT

How so please?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NHQGUY: 8:04pm On Apr 07, 2023
hemekhar:

How so please?

It's a lot to type but you can do your independent research.
In summary, the case officer will look at the whole years claimed (including that cut off by any assessing body). As long as you are doing the roles described in the occupation list and you have supporting documents, you will be deemed skilled in the eyes of DHA.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Shenenye: 3:34am On Apr 08, 2023
Hello All,

I am new here & am making enquires on behalf of my Husband
Please, what are his chances in this Australia skilled workers.

Hubby is 41yrs of age
Graduated from FUTO 2006
Studied Mechanical engineering
Has over 15yrs of experience in Mec. Eng.
On the skilled list I saw Mechanical engineer ANZSCO code 233512

Wife has a Bsc Marketing
With 5yrs experience in Sales & Marketing

Questions?
Do you see this flying Sirs?
Under Australia qualifying framework, (AQF) what tier is FUTO ranked?
Also, can he apply for a level one occupational assessment?
Will He get a positive assessment?
Also, please what's CDR?

I don't know how to go about the accessment cos I just stumbled on this page & and am still reading and gathering information.

Your advice & response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Shenenye: 3:58am On Apr 08, 2023
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by damiontop: 6:07pm On Apr 08, 2023
Hello House,

Pls can i file an EOI for Visa 189,190 & 491 at the same time?

I await to read your response. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by 4everEdward(m): 6:19pm On Apr 08, 2023
Hello guys please forgive my ignorance, I have an Australian girlfriend that I am dating and she is coming to Nigeria next week please I want to know after getting married in the court, how long or how do I start to go over there with her, because both of us have little knowledge on how it works
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by holatunjy(m): 6:03am On Apr 09, 2023
Hello, good morning sir / maa.
I have been a silent follower, reading and following up on the Japa to Australia topics.

am 32 years
i graduated 2016 as an architect from futa, served for a year 2017, since then I have been working as a self employed architect ( I registered my companys name in 2018 and I have been doing designing, construction and consulting ) and also working as a remote architect doing 3d / 2d designer for one of my oga but he didn't offered me employment letter
, though I can request for it if needed.
I will like to know my chances applying as an architect draftsman or as an architect or landscape architect. the ANZSCO CODE IS 312199... please guys kindly help us with your advice. may Almighty God lands us to where our hearts desires.

my wife is 32years
she is a quantity Surveyor with HND holder as at 2018...
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Vincentosa: 8:02am On Apr 09, 2023
Hello guys,
I recently received invitation for 491 visa from NSW (onshore). However, I also lodged eoi for 190 just few days ago as I complete compulsory 6months stay and continues stay in nsw. Now I want to know if it matters to use the same email address I used in the eoi for 491. I really want 190 due to family size. If I were single or we don't have kids yet I would probably just take the 491. But I only accepted it and just waiting the next 60days to see when my 190 invite will drop. I have the faith it will drop. Do I create another eoi with a different email address instead? Or it doesn't matter if I use the same email ID for different EOI account? Pls your advice is needed from anyone who has had similar experience...
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Vincentosa: 10:29am On Apr 09, 2023
Shenenye:
Hello All,

I am new here & am making enquires on behalf of my Husband
Please, what are his chances in this Australia skilled workers.

Hubby is 41yrs of age
Graduated from FUTO 2016
Studied Mechanical engineering
Has over 15yrs of experience in Mec. Eng.
On the skilled list I saw Mechanical engineer ANZSCO code 233512

Wife has a Bsc Marketing
With 5yrs experience in Sales & Marketing

Questions?
Do you see this flying Sirs?
Under Australia qualifying framework, (AQF) what tier is FUTO ranked?
Also, can he apply for a level one occupational assessment?
Will He get a positive assessment?
Also, please what's CDR?

I don't know how to go about the assessment cos I just stumbled on this page & and am still reading and gathering information.

Your advice & response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Please note that only employment after Graduation is considered skilled employment when you lodge your assessment application. So if your spouse graduated in 2016, and he has been working thereafter, only this segment of his employment will be considered important.
Do not include any employment before his graduation from uni in your assessment application and that of your EOI.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by nel4k(m): 3:41am On Apr 10, 2023
RealBae:

If you have a positive assessment and want to go 491 route, target NSW, they are inviting offshore applicants now. A friend submitted EOI on the 24th March 2023 and got invitation to apply 491 NSW today 29th March. I know of another person that submitted last month and go it today as well. Their scores are 70 and 75

Good luck

Hello,

Please just to confirm, do you need to specifically select NSW and 491 only in your skillselect?
Also, can I lodge multiple EOI?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 4:11am On Apr 10, 2023
objifeanyi:
Hello Everyone,

Please permit my question.

Has anyone been assessed for procurement manager. I will like to know how he handled his documentation on organizational chart bearing in mind that the company (or companies) worked for will not sign and stamp it to be used for migration purpose.
I didn’t assess as a procurement manager but I did assess a different occupation.
What I did was to send the request via email and my company responded declining my request. I took the email request and designed the organogram using the company chart as at that time. Then visited High court in Lagos to get a statutory declaration for it.
I attached my design, stat declaration and email response from my HR to my application and got a positive assessment

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.