Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (806622 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Hamstrong001(m): 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2023
@Tunlex01 and Bellong...

Pls, what are my chances in this skilled worker in Australia.

I am 36yrs of age. I finished in a Polytechnic in 2011 (Accounting) and over 10 to 11yrs experience in Admin, Accountant and Hospitality.
I am planning the route with Hospitality because that is the current role which is over 3years as a Restaurant Manager.
I am married with a kid. My wife have B.Ed in Biology.

Do you see this flying Sirs....

Your swift response will be highly appreciated.

Ahmed.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ugoufinite: 8:33pm On Mar 30, 2023
My dear people,

Do we have to fill separate TRA Employer Template for each role assuming I take up a higher role in same company.

Example: i am an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. And that's what I studied.

I started off as an Aircraft Maintenance Technician, then to An Aircraft Maintenance Engineer I have over 5years experience so far .

They are all under ANZCO 323112. Abeg
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NB1912: 1:11am On Mar 31, 2023
hemekhar:

Thank you,
So, what do you advise? Do you think I'll have better luck with RPL?
You don't need RPL. RPL is for those without an IT degree. Elect/Elect usually includes some IT courses and from my experience ACS usually deducts 4 years. Your degree will be classified as ICT major, however, the ICT content will not be closely relevant to the nominated occupation, hence, the reason why ACS will deduct 4 years.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by hemekhar(m): 2:48am On Mar 31, 2023
NB1912:

You don't need RPL. RPL is for those without an IT degree. Elect/Elect usually includes some IT courses and from my experience ACS usually deducts 4 years. Your degree will be classified as ICT major, however, the ICT content will not be closely relevant to the nominated occupation, hence, the reason why ACS will deduct 4 years.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

I appreciate my brother, God Bless you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by PaPxM: 10:53am On Mar 31, 2023
tunlex01:

TRA takes about 5 months now for assessment. Why not put in your application then write the exam while you wait for the outcome. #justathought.

Get bank statement for all the years. Even for payslips, use 1 per quarter for the years you are claiming

@TunlexO1, Could you please advise on this, this is the only thing holding me back now, once I figure this out, I can strat with assestment.
Kindly advise on this as well, My first Job in South Africa, I didn't have a permit by then so it was paid Cash in Hand, I can get payslips but how do I go about the other proof, Should I let the manager state the salary in the reference letter or he should draft a cover letter stating the reasons? I was using asylum which didn't allow one to open a bank account but can school and work with that. Moreover, I registered with SARS(Tax Revenue Service) only in 2020. I worked for this employer from 2016 - 2019
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:20pm On Mar 31, 2023
Elachuks:
Good morning amiable nairalanders, I want to know how I can apply for 491, or 190 visa as a mathematics graduate since 2010 without any work experience in the field, but I have been running my own businesses from cleaning business to beauty business. Do I stand a chance? Please help a sister.
You need to find an occupation in the occupation list first. Please check few pages back to see the guide
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:21pm On Mar 31, 2023
Mille:

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it.

Do you have any tips on how to structure the nysc to meet up with the work requirements? And also documents I should prepare for positive assessment.

No idea.
Payslips, bank statement showing salary payments
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:25pm On Mar 31, 2023
Larry456:
Morning gurus in the house.
A graduate of University of Ilorin 4years course in Education wants to access for secondary school teacher skill level 1

All papers are ready....
But I read something on this thread that tier 1 universities in Nigeria can only be assessed for skill level 1 if it's a 5years course and not 4years course.
Please clarification on this oo. Make money no enter Expressway
Thank you.
This is not applicable to all assessing authorities and I don’t know if AITSL uses that. They are more concerned with teaching practice. The applications I have seen are from Tier 1 universities so I don’t know if a tier 2 has tried assessing before.

Do you have your IELTS Academic result ready as well?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:26pm On Mar 31, 2023
Abdujapha:

Please guys, any sort of clarification will be much appreciated.
Which Anzsco code?
Also, her university?
Check the Anzsco list and check tasks instead of Job titles
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:32pm On Mar 31, 2023
benincities:
Good day my elders in the thread and I commend your contributions in this DIY thread.
I have a few questions I will like @bellong, @tulex and others with information to assist me in deciding what to do.
1. I have a B.Sc in Botany from the University of Benin and graduated in 2008 but I have never worked as a botanist.
2. I have been working as School Administrator with a cumulative of 10 years experience in international schools both in Port Harcourt and Abuja.
3. Currently I'm a head of non academic staff in an international school and part of my responsibilities is direct supervision of the gardeners and the school landscape maintenance.
4. Botany is on the Skill Occupation list but a Level 1 while my B.Sc is from a tier 2 University which will not be approved.
5. I also have a PGDE in Educational Management without Teaching Practice hence cannot assess as a Secondary School Teacher.
6. I am thinking of Assessing as a Landscape gardener which is a level 3 occupation and only requires a minimum of Level 3 certificate.
7. If I tweak my JD to that of a Landscape gardener and with my qualification as a Botanist, will I have a positive assessment with my higher qualification of B.Sc as against a Certificate 3 on TRA website.
8. I have a Pay slip, Pension, Tax certificate and Bank statement for the 3 years that I have a direct supervisory role to the gardeners / landscaping among other responsibilities.
I can discuss with our HR dept. to write a reference letter for me with the responsibility of a gardener for the purpose of migrating only.
Apologies for the long questions
I'm 38 years, yet to write IELTS but will do after the assessment,
My wife is 33 years with a B.Ed but due to the long process of Assessing as a teacher which requires licensing with a state teacher registration board before AITSL, I decide to be the main applicant because its faster and less expensive via TRA.

You can assess as a landscape gardener. You can have a higher qualification but not a lower qualification. So Botany should fly.

Teacher process is shorter than TRA. She doesn’t need to be registered with a state for skilled migration. And nomination is faster with AITSL as long as she meets the English language requirement
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:32pm On Mar 31, 2023
Damola16:
Please anyone here assessing as Public Relations professional with Vetasses?
What would you like to know?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:36pm On Mar 31, 2023
Hamstrong001:
@Tunlex01 and Bellong...

Pls, what are my chances in this skilled worker in Australia.

I am 36yrs of age. I finished in a Polytechnic in 2011 (Accounting) and over 10 to 11yrs experience in Admin, Accountant and Hospitality.
I am planning the route with Hospitality because that is the current role which is over 3years as a Restaurant Manager.
I am married with a kid. My wife have B.Ed in Biology.

Do you see this flying Sirs....

Your swift response will be highly appreciated.

Ahmed.

You have a chance. What about your spouse? Teachers have better chances these days.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:36pm On Mar 31, 2023
Ugoufinite:
My dear people,

Do we have to fill separate TRA Employer Template for each role assuming I take up a higher role in same company.

Example: i am an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. And that's what I studied.

I started off as an Aircraft Maintenance Technician, then to An Aircraft Maintenance Engineer I have over 5years experience so far .

They are all under ANZCO 323112. Abeg

Just one. You only complete employer template for different employers.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:40pm On Mar 31, 2023
PaPxM:

@TunlexO1, Could you please advise on this, this is the only thing holding me back now, once I figure this out, I can strat with assestment.
Kindly advise on this as well, My first Job in South Africa, I didn't have a permit by then so it was paid Cash in Hand, I can get payslips but how do I go about the other proof, Should I let the manager state the salary in the reference letter or he should draft a cover letter stating the reasons? I was using asylum which didn't allow one to open a bank account but can school and work with that. Moreover, I registered with SARS(Tax Revenue Service) only in 2020. I worked for this employer from 2016 - 2019
Sadly you can’t add that employment if there is no document to prove it. You need at least tax/pension/bank statement to prove that with TRA. Only submit the company you have document for from 2020
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Larry456: 3:49pm On Mar 31, 2023
tunlex01:

This is not applicable to all assessing authorities and I don’t know if AITSL uses that. They are more concerned with teaching practice. The applications I have seen are from Tier 1 universities so I don’t know if a tier 2 has tried assessing before.

Do you have your IELTS Academic result ready as well?

Thanks for your response @tunlex01

The IELTS exam is the only thing left and is in pipeline. Currently preparing hard for it cos the bands they set no be here. Will message you once I have that for more guidance.
Kindly wish me luck.

And please is University of ilorin a tier 1 university or tier 2 university?

Thanks for the good job you doing on this thread. God bless you richly.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Hamstrong001(m): 7:27pm On Mar 31, 2023
tunlex01:

You have a chance. What about your spouse? Teachers have better chances these days.

Thanks for this quick response...

I would have love that my wife should apply because she will earn more point on age and being a grad from OAU but most schools she worked for is not standard and the bank statement might be the issue even though we can still work out payslip for her because they re paid mostly cash ....

And do you feel anyone going between us should write IELTS exam?

Do you still feel my wife should apply instead of me pls?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bodacious1: 10:48pm On Mar 31, 2023
Hi @tunlex02, @bellong

On the form 80, there's a section that asks to include details of friends or relatives in Oz. I have a handful of friends there (like 3 really all in different states) but we do not communicate constantly. Is it ok to not include their details? I'm not keen on asking them for things like their address information.

Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:16pm On Mar 31, 2023
Larry456:

Thanks for your response @tunlex01

The IELTS exam is only thing left and is in pipeline. Currently preparation hard for it cos the the bands they set no be here. Will message you once I have that for more guidance.
Kindly wish me luck.

And please is University of ilorin a tier 1 university or tier 2 university?

Thanks for the good job you doing on this thread. God bless you richly.

Best of luck! Unilorin is tier 2

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:17pm On Mar 31, 2023
Hamstrong001:

Thanks for this quick response...

I would have love that my wife should apply because she will earn more point on age and being a grad from OAU but most schools she worked for is not standard and the bank statement might be the issue even though we can still work out payslip for her because they re paid mostly cash ....

And do you feel anyone going between us should write IELTS exam?

Do you still feel my wife should apply instead of me pls?

Your spouse can assess just her qualification instead of +employment as long as she gets the high score in IELTS Academic. Check AITSL website for all the details.
If you have the funds, both of you can assess
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:18pm On Mar 31, 2023
Bodacious1:
Hi @tunlex02, @bellong

On the form 80, there's a section that asks to include details of friends or relatives in Oz. I have a handful of friends there (like 3 really all in different states) but we do not communicate constantly. Is it ok to not include their details? I'm not keen on asking them for things like their address information.

Thanks.
Don’t include any details. Skip it.
You are going in on skilled migration so you should have enough to take care of yourself.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bodacious1: 4:11pm On Apr 01, 2023
Thank you!

tunlex01:

Don’t include any details. Skip it.
You are going in on skilled migration so you should have enough to take care of yourself.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Hamstrong001(m): 10:06pm On Apr 01, 2023
tunlex01:

Your spouse can assess just her qualification instead of +employment as long as she gets the high score in IELTS Academic. Check AITSL website for all the details.
If you have the funds, both of you can assess

Thanks for the feedback sir,

I just checked thru AITSL and noticed the pay is 1050 and when I checked thru the process we still need to upload employment evidence.

If she have the necessary skilled experience, can she apply thru vatassee or she still need to go thru the AITSL because she is a teacher.

Thanks for bin dere always....
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ogaezy(m): 11:31pm On Apr 01, 2023
Good day good people.

I am a graduate of industrial chemistry from a state university. I have 5 years experience in banking, currently in sales and marketing unit. I have carefully studied the 189 occupation list and can’t seem to find anything related to banking.

Please gurus in the house, do I still have a chance of applying and what can I do?

Thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 7:14am On Apr 02, 2023
Hamstrong001:

Thanks for the feedback sir,

I just checked thru AITSL and noticed the pay is 1050 and when I checked thru the process we still need to upload employment evidence.

If she have the necessary skilled experience, can she apply thru vatassee or she still need to go thru the AITSL because she is a teacher.

Thanks for bin dere always....
Employment assessment is optional for AITSL. See image below.
What will she assess with Vetassess?

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 7:16am On Apr 02, 2023
Ogaezy:
Good day good people.

I am a graduate of industrial chemistry from a state university. I have 5 years experience in banking, currently in sales and marketing unit. I have carefully studied the 189 occupation list and can’t seem to find anything related to banking.

Please gurus in the house, do I still have a chance of applying and what can I do?

Thank you
none. Check out student application or other countries
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Hamstrong001(m): 10:02am On Apr 02, 2023
tunlex01:

Employment assessment is optional for AITSL. See image below.
What will she assess with Vetassess?

Thanks sir...

I will let you know if I have any challenge in d process... Your responses are highly appreciated.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Happyfellow147: 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2023
Thanks
RealBae:
`Hello
I will advise you to
1, Write IELTS, study hard and get at least 7 in all band. Apply for assessment, CPA Australia assess accountants, get your assessment done and target NSW 190 and 491. Especially 491. NSW is giving 491 invitation now to offshore applicants.
2. Target employers that can offer you sponsorship. Accountants are getting jobs in Aussie now

You can get PR, start with English and once you get it done and do your assessment, you are one step to your PR dream

Good luck

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by snowburn: 8:29am On Apr 03, 2023
tunlex01:

What would you like to know?

Just piggybacking on this post; Will a Political Science degree from University of Nigeria Nsukka and 8 years experience working as Public Relations Officer for an NGO get a positive skill assessment from VETASSESS?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by snowburn: 8:36am On Apr 03, 2023
snowburn:

Just piggybacking on this post; Will a Political Science degree from University of Nigeria Nsukka and 8 years experience working as Public Relations Officer for an NGO get a positive skill assessment from VETASSESS?

Or will a positive outcome be more likely applying to VETASSESS for Social Professionals NEC instead of Public Relations Professional??
--This is due to the qualification being in Political Science??
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 8:52am On Apr 03, 2023
Larry456:
Maybe I should drop proper message

26year old
University of Ilorin
4years course in Education
All documents are intact and ready for assessment as a
Secondary school teacher skill level 1

Please What else is needed to get a positive assessment?

Did you complete teaching practice in your degree? It is one of the most important things AITSL look out for during assessment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

Viewing this topic: Solafemsy27

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.