Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,361 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (805295 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by standfit007: 5:30am On Mar 24
Hi Tunlex. I am wondering if the below is pacific to this occupation or general. For instance, ACS(Computer Society) stated two evidenc(s) require for employees assessment, that is, one from employer and one from employee such as payslips, bank statement, insurance/tax. They stressed that any other docs such as offer letter, reference letters and/or any other not stated as requisite will cause delay in responding. Could you share your thoughts?pls

N.B: the efing ACS is increasing assessment fee from 560 to 1450 from 28th March. With a caveat that one can expect response in 15days(as against current 8-10weeks), be assessed for 3 ansze codes. 560AUD is like 378USD=603,000 naira, so imagine what 1450AUD would be, so anyone thinking or planning on this should hurry up o lol; they extended the earlier planned switch from 13th March to 28th March…so 4days to go!

“ Documents for Employee
Employment letter: Yes or No
Payslips: Yes or No
Bank statement showing salary: Yes or No
Pension statement: Yes or No
Personal Tax statement: Yes or No
Can you get a reference letter? Yes or No
Do you have these documents for all your employment episodes?”

tunlex01:

Please complete this 👇 for yourself and spouse (if married) and also try and check the likely occupations you can nominate based on your experience.

General details
English test result: (breakdown of each band if you have a result, if not, then skip)
Post-secondary Educational qualifications with DATES: (Apprenticeship/Trade test/ND/HND/Bsc/Msc/PhD)
If you have a Bachelor's degree, was it a 4 or 5 year course?
Course of study:
Awarding Institution(s):

Employment
Job title(s):
Job period: (e.g 2015-2023)
Years of experience:
Proposed occupation(s) to nominate and ANZSCO 6-digit code (do not skip this step; the guide to check your occupation(s) is at the end of this post)

Documents for Employee
Do you have these documents for all your employment episodes?

Documents for Self employment (ignore if you are not self employed)
Business (CAC) registration date:
Business (CAC) registration certificate: Yes or No
Can you prepare a Statutory declaration to show your job descriptions: Yes or No
Bank statement showing business transactions: Yes or No
Company Income tax statement:Yes or No
Personal Income tax statement: Yes or No
Copies of invoice issued to customers: - Yes or No
Copies of invoice received from suppliers: Yes or No
Organisational chart: Yes or No
Company Financial report: Yes or No
Can you get a letter from clients indicating the services you provide to them - Yes or No

Your relationship status: Never married/Divorced/Married/Widowed/De-facto
If you are married or in a de-facto relationship, provide your spouse's details in the same order as above to check who is a better primary applicant

Guide to check your occupation and ANZSCO code:
Visit www.anzscosearch.com
You may need to register on the website to view the details below
Desktop/Laptop:
1. Select ‘Lists’ at the top of the webpage.
2. Click 'Skilled Occupation List'
3. You will see about 500 occupations on the list.
4. Keep scrolling till you find occupation(s) that align to what you do.
5. Click the 6 digits ‘ANZSCO' code on the left. It will load the full page
6. Select 'ANZSCO' and scroll to tasks.
7. Check if the tasks relate to what you do.

Mobile
Click the hamburger icon (3 horizontal lines)
Select 'Lists' > 'Lists 2022-23' > Skilled Occupation List
Follow steps 3-7 above.

You may find more than 1 occupation to nominate. List all of them and their ANZSCO codes
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ejiasky(m): 1:28pm On Mar 24
Greetings, sure everyone is doing great.

I have a serious concern and i need the best help/advice i can get. I got a positive skill assessment from vetassess last year, and am going for visa 190. I lodged my EOI and i got a cumulative point of 55, but I realized my English test result i submitted( Spk= 8.0, Listn =8.0, Wrtn = 7.0, Readn = 6.5) is showing zero, that is no point awarded. What do i do, please help.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by OgogoroDegree: 3:14pm On Mar 24
Ejiasky:

I have a serious concern and i need the best help/advice i can get. I got a positive skill assessment from vetassess last year, and am going for visa 190. I lodged my EOI and i got a cumulative point of 55, but I realized my English test result i submitted( Spk= 8.0, Listn =8.0, Wrtn = 7.0, Readn = 6.5) is showing zero, that is no point awarded. What do i do, please help.
You have to retake the English Test, in order to get a point.
Minimum of 7.0 on each
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by LOSKYXANDER: 3:21pm On Mar 24
Ejiasky:

As funny as it may sound, Australia judges your English by your lowest score. Even if you have one band 6 but have band 9 in the rest, you are as good as someone who had band 6 all through which is classed as competent. Competent English doesn’t have any score awarded

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by debrightfuture1: 1:37am On Mar 25
I want to sincerely appreciate everyone for the amazing information being shared on this group. God bless you all.
Pls, kindly advice me on this. I had my national diploma from a federal polytechnic in 2014 , where I studied statistics. Afterwards,

I I proceeded to University of Ilorin where I had my Bachelor degree in Statistics in 2018, But my transcript only covers 200level to 400 level, because I entered through direct entry. Will I be able to undergo the accessment under Vetassess since my Bachelor degree only covers three years. I'm going for PR as a statistician. Pls I need advice on this.
I'm still within the age range of 25-32.

I have been working in a federal government organization as a data processing officer since 2015 after I obtain my national diploma but I only did conversion with my bachelor degree to the post of statistician in August 2021. The ANZSCO code for statistician is 224113.

I obtained my masters degree in Statistics from University October 2023 also. But I might not be able to use it for accessment since VETASSESS state that for a Statistician (Applicants must also have at least one year of highly relevant, post-qualification
employment, at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years).pls advice me if I can use my Bsc that I got through direct entry and how to go about it.

@tunlex01 and my other amazing boss .pls advice me.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:15am On Mar 26
ChikelueIgba:

Many thanks for the prompt response @tunlex01. Please regarding the shortage of Engineering Managers in the various states, are you suggesting that I may likely not get nomination. Please throw more light on skills shortages and how one can leverage them. Thanks again!
Shortage does not mean state will grant nomination. You can still assess for it and hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:17am On Mar 26
debrightfuture1:
I want to sincerely appreciate everyone for the amazing information being shared on this group. God bless you all.
Pls, kindly advice me on this. I had my national diploma from a federal polytechnic in 2014 , where I studied statistics. Afterwards, I proceeded to University of Ilorin where I had my Bachelor degree in Statistics in 2018, But my transcript only covers 200level to 400 level, because I entered through direct entry. Will I be able to undergo the accessment under Vetassess since my Bachelor degree only covers three years. I'm going for PR as a statistician. Pls I need advice on this. I'm still within the age range of 25-32. I have been working in a federal government organization as a data processing officer since 2015 after I obtain my national diploma but I only did conversion with my bachelor degree to the post of statistician in August 2021. The ANZSCO code for statistician is 224113. I obtained my masters degree in Statistics from University October 2023 also. But I might not be able to use it for accessment since VETASSESS state that for a Statistician (Applicants must also have at least one year of highly relevant, post-qualification
employment, at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years).pls advice me if I can use my Bsc that I got through direct entry and how to go about it.
Mr tunlex01 and my other amazing boss .pls advice me

Hello sir, you cannot assess a level 1 occupation.
Unilorin is a tier 2 university and as a result, any 4 year course is considered an Associate degree.
So you cannot assess as a Statistician which is level 1.
If you want to assess 224113, you need to have at least 1 year post MSc experience finished date and any previous experience will not count.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:20am On Mar 26
standfit007:
Hi Tunlex. I am wondering if the below is pacific to this occupation or general. For instance, ACS(Computer Society) stated two evidenc(s) require for employees assessment, that is, one from employer and one from employee such as payslips, bank statement, insurance/tax. They stressed that any other docs such as offer letter, reference letters and/or any other not stated as requisite will cause delay in responding. Could you share your thoughts?pls

N.B: the efing ACS is increasing assessment fee from 560 to 1450 from 28th March. With a caveat that one can expect response in 15days(as against current 8-10weeks), be assessed for 3 ansze codes. 560AUD is like 378USD=603,000 naira, so imagine what 1450AUD would be, so anyone thinking or planning on this should hurry up o lol; they extended the earlier planned switch from 13th March to 28th March…so 4days to go!

“ Documents for Employee
Do you have these documents for all your employment episodes?”

You are right about ACS, it's not applicable to all assessing bodies but the Department of Home Affairs usually ask for them later too.
The main reason why we ask for this information is to confirm that the prospective applicant meet the requirements before they spend their hard earned money. For example, if the person is paid by cash and wants to assess with ACS even if you have other documents, it's a no-no.
The information request is just a guide

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:21am On Mar 26
debrightfuture1:
Pls, kindly advice me on this. I had my national diploma from a federal polytechnic in 2014 , where I studied statistics. Afterwards,

I I proceeded to University of Ilorin where I had my Bachelor degree in Statistics in 2018, But my transcript only covers 200level to 400 level, because I entered through direct entry. Will I be able to undergo the accessment under Vetassess since my Bachelor degree only covers three years. I'm going for PR as a statistician. Pls I need advice on this.
I'm still within the age range of 25-32.

I have been working in a federal government organization as a data processing officer since 2015 after I obtain my national diploma but I only did conversion with my bachelor degree to the post of statistician in August 2021. The ANZSCO code for statistician is 224113.

I obtained my masters degree in Statistics from University October 2023 also. But I might not be able to use it for accessment since VETASSESS state that for a Statistician (Applicants must also have at least one year of highly relevant, post-qualification

@tunlex01 and my other amazing boss .pls advice me.
I have responded a few minutes ago
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Juddy2018: 11:44am On Mar 26
Good Morning Friends, Please Am new here. My Question is, is there a pathway here for Nurses who want to migrate to Australia?. Thank you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ChikelueIgba: 1:52pm On Mar 26
tunlex01:

Shortage does not mean state will grant nomination. You can still assess for it and hope for the best.
Many thanks dear.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:39am On Mar 27
Juddy2018:
Good Morning Friends, Please Am new here. My Question is, is there a pathway here for Nurses who want to migrate to Australia?. Thank you.

Yes there is and it’s an expensive. Could cost you up to A$20k from Nigeria
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by priscyspecial: 11:16am On Mar 27
Please what's the hope for a Mechanical Engineer who is waiting with 75pts?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Viola2017: 7:27pm On Mar 27
Good evening everyone. I did an assessment as a Caregiver off shore and I got a positive outcome from ACWA but still can’t get sponsorship job via job sites like seek and indeed.
Please let me know if there are better ways to go about this.
Thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 9:47pm On Mar 27
Bodacious1:

February 2019 - Made the decision to migrate to Australia (at this time I already had IELTS - Proficient so giving me 10 points)

October 2023 - I received a notification that my application was being assessed.

February 2024 - Grant received. Halleluyah! grin

Holy smokes 😳 four years!!!

I really congratulate you man. Wish the very best in your endeavors!!!

On another note. For Engineers in the house planning to Japa I just read a report on the COREN website. Nigeria attained a Provisional signatory to the Washington Accord last year june!!! Whilst this is not a full signatory, it is a big step in the right direction.

I commend the COREN and the Nigeria government for achieving this feat. It now left for COREN to work towards achieving the full Signatory (usually within 2yrs).

Honestly this is a good news for me considering the fact I'm hoping to Japa to Australia some day. I pray my dream come true insha'Allah🤲

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:18pm On Mar 29
priscyspecial:
Please what's the hope for a Mechanical Engineer who is waiting with 75pts?
try and max your points on all fronts.
YOu can only hope for the best
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by LOSKYXANDER: 7:31pm On Mar 29
Viola2017:
Good evening everyone. I did an assessment as a Caregiver off shore and I got a positive outcome from ACWA but still can’t get sponsorship job via job sites like seek and indeed.
Thank you
Have you entered the pool by expression of interest (EOI) on skillselect portal?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by michlins(m): 9:20pm On Mar 29
Good evening everyone. This is my first time coming across this page. I'm a welder based here in Nigeria and I don't have the relevant certifications, what are my chances and odds of migrating legally to Australia.

Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by dearpiriye: 9:25pm On Mar 29
Viola2017:
Thank you

Congratulations on the positive assessment. Did you use work experience or the certificate and how did you get those in Nigeria
Thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by standfit007: 9:42pm On Mar 29
Hi house. I need your thoughts for someone who is married and don’t intend to go with his family for a start and so may not be applying for visa for them. Could this be a thing? What do you advice?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by standfit007: 9:46pm On Mar 29
hi tunlex01,
You mentioned Unilorin as not a tier 1. This tier-ship has struck a cord for me. Can you share, at least for the purpose of this Aussie japa, the classification of Naija versifies?

tunlex01:

Hello sir, you cannot assess a level 1 occupation.
Unilorin is a tier 2 university and as a result, any 4 year course is considered an Associate degree.
So you cannot assess as a Statistician which is level 1.
If you want to assess 224113, you need to have at least 1 year post MSc experience finished date and any previous experience will not count.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 5:19am On Mar 30
LOSKYXANDER:

Have you entered the pool by expression of interest (EOI) on skillselect portal?
Caregiver is not eligible for skillselect
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 5:20am On Mar 30
michlins:
Good evening everyone. This is my first time coming across this page. I'm a welder based here in Nigeria and I don't have the relevant certifications, what are my chances and odds of migrating legally to Australia.

Thanks
Unfortunately, if you dont have documents, there is no way you can prove you are a welder to TRA or the Department of Home Affairs
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 5:21am On Mar 30
standfit007:
Hi house. I need your thoughts for someone who is married and don’t intend to go with his family for a start and so may not be applying for visa for them. Could this be a thing? What do you advice?
It's a thing. You will need to include them as your non-migrating family members and you can always add them later after landing.
But it's cheaper to add all family members at the same time, they dont have to travel with you. Traveling will be easy for them since they would have gotten their visa
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 5:47am On Mar 30
standfit007:
hi tunlex01,
You mentioned Unilorin as not a tier 1. This tier-ship has struck a cord for me. Can you share, at least for the purpose of this Aussie japa, the classification of Naija versifies?

Tier 1 - OAU, UI, Unilag and FUTA
Tier 2 - Other tertiary institutions but if you have a 5 year course from tier 2, you can assess a level 1 occupation
Some assessing bodies have other requirements pertaining to qualifications.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by michlins(m): 6:21am On Mar 30
tunlex01:

Unfortunately, if you dont have documents, there is no way you can prove you are a welder to TRA or the Department of Home Affairs
what do I need to get. Thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Oluwashinayor(m): 7:45am On Mar 30
Good morning everyone. I have been. Following this thread for quite a while now I really want to appreciate the effort of @tunlex 01. Please I am planning to move to Australia this year I am a graduate of Unilorin with BSC.Ed. Chemistry. I have 8 years working experience in the banking industry so I want to apply for Financial broker.My question is do I have a chance of been selected because of the degree I am holding. Since I didn’t major in accounting in my undergraduate level Your response will be appreciated 🙏🙏🙏
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by LOSKYXANDER: 9:10am On Mar 30
tunlex01:

Caregiver is not eligible for skillselect
The last I checked, I saw an occupation related to care when i filtered by assessment body (ACWA). I can’t remember the exact name, but you can try it. See if it works
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Emekaike212(m): 10:00pm On Mar 30
Good day guys.

Please I have a simple question.

I have logged an EOI on 491 for SA and NWS (state nominations) separately with 75 points for Electrical Engineer. I have also submitted an ROI on SA portal on the same 491 state nomination.

My question is, can 75 points get me anywhere for the 491 on State nomination (Electrical Engineer)?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Viola2017: 10:54pm On Mar 30
dearpiriye:

Congratulations on the positive assessment. Did you use work experience or the certificate and how did you get those in Nigeria
Thank you
Thank you.
Yes I submitted references, certificates obtained, cv etc.
I’m not based in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Viola2017: 11:05pm On Mar 30
LOSKYXANDER:

The last I checked, I saw an occupation related to care when i filtered by assessment body (ACWA). I can’t remember the exact name, but you can try it. See if it works
Thanks for responding.
Please can you create a little time to re check. I just checked now and what I’m seeing is community worker, disability service officer, family support worker, residential care officer and youth worker.
My own assessment is on Aged and disability.
I don’t know if it’s similar to any of the occupation I have listed above
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ham334488: 8:41am On Mar 31
Viola2017:

Thanks for responding.
Please can you create a little time to re check. I just checked now and what I’m seeing is community worker, disability service officer, family support worker, residential care officer and youth worker.
My own assessment is on Aged and disability.
I don’t know if it’s similar to any of the occupation I have listed above

Hi Viola,

Please, kindly share how you go about this assessment.

My wife is currently looking at assessing as a caregiver as well. And she did this oversea as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.