Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (806148 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 1:45pm On Mar 31
@bellong and every guru in the house

I was just playing around with point calculator on the home affairs website. And to my surprise I found that you can be awarded 10 point for being single shocked

Lol. I just want to ask like is this actually true or perhaps is me that don't understand what it's meant??

Cos I have read this thread and the part one from A-Z back then in 2020. And I don't quite think I saw anyone made mentioned of point for being single lol

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Viola2017: 10:27pm On Mar 31
ham334488:

Hi Viola,

Please, kindly share how you go about this assessment.

My wife is currently looking at assessing as a caregiver as well. And she did this oversea as well.

it’s pretty straightforward.
First thing is to get references from places you have worked and it should be addressed to ACWA
Your letter should state how many hours you have worked, duration and job description too.
All documents that you are presenting should be notarised.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ham334488: 10:43am On Apr 01
Viola2017:
it’s pretty straightforward.
First thing is to get references from places you have worked and it should be addressed to ACWA
Your letter should state how many hours you have worked, duration and job description too.
All documents that you are presenting should be notarised.

Thanks Viola,

Please can you list the other documents she need.
πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™.

Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by LOSKYXANDER: 12:04pm On Apr 01
Viola2017:

Thanks for responding.
Please can you create a little time to re check. I just checked now and what I’m seeing is community worker, disability service officer, family support worker, residential care officer and youth worker.
My own assessment is on Aged and disability.
I don’t know if it’s similar to any of the occupation I have listed above
I just did a little research. As someone already mentioned, I think caregiver is not eligible for skillselect. Take a look at your skill assessment outcome. Did they write something like β€œ your skills have been assessed as suitable for the relevant aged care industry labour agreement visas”? If that’s the case, I think the only available visa options are 482 and 186. Austalia get wahala o
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bolton(m): 5:01pm On Apr 01
Get your Trade Test Certificate
πŸ”§ Need a Trade Test Certificate from the Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment? Contact us today!

πŸ“ž Call or WhatsApp: 07056940264

We provide Trade Test Certificates to boost your credentials in the job market. Get in touch now!

Keywords: Trade Test Certificate
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by dongc(m): 9:02pm On Apr 01
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by michlins(m): 10:57pm On Apr 01

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by AussieJoan: 1:08am On Apr 02
Abdulquadrimuha:

I was just playing around with point calculator on the home affairs website. And to my surprise I found that you can be awarded 10 point for being single shocked

Lol. I just want to ask like is this actually true or perhaps is me that don't understand what it's meant??

Cos I have read this thread and the part one from A-Z back then in 2020. And I don't quite think I saw anyone made mentioned of point for being single lol

Yes, it's true.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 9:39am On Apr 03
michlins:
what do I need to get. Thank you
Trade test I, II, III, Apprenticeship/Training agreement, Apprenticeship/Training certificate, Apprenticeship/Training transcript/syllabus
OR
Diploma/HND in fabrication or welding related engineering course.

Then you will need documents to prove employment
Self employment: CAC registration, business bank statement, receipts, invoices, tax
Employee: Pension, salary bank statement, payslips, employment letter, tax statement
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by michlins(m): 9:41am On Apr 03
tunlex01:

Trade test I, II, III, Apprenticeship/Training agreement, Apprenticeship/Training certificate, Apprenticeship/Training transcript/syllabus
OR
Diploma/HND in fabrication or welding related engineering course.

Then you will need documents to prove employment
Self employment: CAC registration, business bank statement, receipts, invoices, tax
Employee: Pension, salary bank statement, payslips, employment letter, tax statement
ok thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ask77: 4:39pm On Apr 04
Hello experts in the house, great jobs you are doing here. Please, I need your advice regarding skill assessment with vetasses.
I am professional journalist with about 15 years experience and I want to assess for Print Journalist (ANZSCO 212413), I have been been practicing journalism here in Nigeria over the past 15 years. However, my concern is about qualifications and how that may affect my assessment.
I got my HND in 2010 (part-time) and based on the years of experience, I was able to do a direct Masters in Lasu (part-time) and finished 2022. What's my chance of getting positive assessment with these quifications? Will my years of experience before the Masters count? Thank you all as Iook forward to your responses.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Viola2017: 7:42pm On Apr 05
ham334488:

Thanks Viola,

Please can you list the other documents she need.
πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™.

Thanks
I have listed them to you already you may also include certificates obtained and cv too.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bimmms: 11:16pm On Apr 05
Moving abroad and you want to sell your cars and household items, don't look further, kindly reach out to me on 08168064058. Lagos for now only
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:26pm On Apr 08
Ask77:
Hello experts in the house, great jobs you are doing here. Please, I need your advice regarding skill assessment with vetasses.
I am professional journalist with about 15 years experience and I want to assess for Print Journalist (ANZSCO 212413), I have been been practicing journalism here in Nigeria over the past 15 years. However, my concern is about qualifications and how that may affect my assessment.
I got my HND in 2010 (part-time) and based on the years of experience, I was able to do a direct Masters in Lasu (part-time) and finished 2022. What's my chance of getting positive assessment with these quifications? Will my years of experience before the Masters count? Thank you all as Iook forward to your responses.
you can assess however all experience prior to masters will not count. So experience point will be 0. Also, what is the masters course? That will determine if you are eligible or not
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:29pm On Apr 08
Abdulquadrimuha:

yes, you get 10 points for being single.
The other part is you cannot date nor get married until after you have landed in Australia.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ChikelueIgba: 8:17am On Apr 09
Good morning dear. Please advise on using an agent to write CDR
tunlex01:

Shortage does not mean state will grant nomination. You can still assess for it and hope for the best.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:36am On Apr 09
ChikelueIgba:
Good morning dear. Please advise on using an agent to write CDR
They wont write your CDR the way you would write it. Authenticity is important.
The choice is still yours though

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:41am On Apr 09
New Update for teachers

We have just received a positive assessment from AITSL for a Bachelor degree from tier 2 + PGDE.

Watch this video on my youtube page
https://youtube.com/shorts/U51ihxp4Es8

Also see below updated list of scenarios (April 2024)
SC = Scenario,
ITE = Initial Teacher Education
AQF = Australian Qualification Framework

SC1: B.Ed from Tier 1 University = positive assessment. (AQF 7/ITE)βœ…

SC2: B.Ed from Tier 2 University (4 year course) + Pgde = likely positive assessment if teaching practice is involved in the Pgde (AQF 6 + ITE 7)β˜‘

SC3: B.Ed from Tier 2 University (4 year course) + M.Ed = negative assessment (AQF 6)❌

SC4: BSc or B.A from Tier 2 University (4 years course) + Pgde = Positive assessment (AQF 6 + ITE - 7)βœ…

SC5: BSc or B.A from Tier 2 University (4 years course) + M.Ed =negative assessment (AQF 6, no ITE) not even possible to get M.ed without a pgde.❌

SC6: B.Sc/BTech/BEng from Tier 2 University (5 years course) + Pgde = positive assessment (AQF 7 + ITE)βœ…

SC7: B.Sc/BTech/BEng from Tier 2 University (5 years course) + M.Ed =negative (not possible without first doing pgde. No ITE, AQF 7)❌

SC8: BSc/BA/BTech/BEng from a Tier 1 University + Pgde = positive (AQF 7 + ITE)βœ…

SC9: Bsc/BA/BTech/BEng from a Tier 1 University + MEd = negative (not possible without first undergoing pgde)❌

If you have NCE and you graduated from a tier 1 Uni, pls do not include that in your documentation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ChikelueIgba: 10:52am On Apr 09
tunlex01:

They wont write your CDR the way you would write it. Authenticity is important.
The choice is still yours though
Thanks a lot dear, I think so too.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by dongc(m): 2:31pm On Apr 09
ChikelueIgba:
Thanks a lot dear, I think so too.

I mean there some ones that can do good work as well....I advice anyone to do it themselves...but where that is not the case....just expensive paying with naira...
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by starbuck(f): 6:09pm On Apr 09
tunlex01:
New Update for teachers

We have just received a positive assessment from AITSL for a Bachelor degree from tier 2 + PGDE.

Watch this video on my youtube page
https://youtube.com/shorts/U51ihxp4Es8

Also see below updated list of scenarios (April 2024)
SC = Scenario,
ITE = Initial Teacher Education
AQF = Australian Qualification Framework

SC1: B.Ed from Tier 1 University = positive assessment. (AQF 7/ITE)βœ…

SC2: B.Ed from Tier 2 University (4 year course) + Pgde = likely positive assessment if teaching practice is involved in the Pgde (AQF 6 + ITE 7)β˜‘

SC3: B.Ed from Tier 2 University (4 year course) + M.Ed = negative assessment (AQF 6)❌

SC4: BSc or B.A from Tier 2 University (4 years course) + Pgde = Positive assessment (AQF 6 + ITE - 7)βœ…

SC5: BSc or B.A from Tier 2 University (4 years course) + M.Ed =negative assessment (AQF 6, no ITE) not even possible to get M.ed without a pgde.❌

SC6: B.Sc/BTech/BEng from Tier 2 University (5 years course) + Pgde = positive assessment (AQF 7 + ITE)βœ…

SC7: B.Sc/BTech/BEng from Tier 2 University (5 years course) + M.Ed =negative (not possible without first doing pgde. No ITE, AQF 7)❌

SC8: BSc/BA/BTech/BEng from a Tier 1 University + Pgde = positive (AQF 7 + ITE)βœ…

SC9: Bsc/BA/BTech/BEng from a Tier 1 University + MEd = negative (not possible without first undergoing pgde)❌

If you have NCE and you graduated from a tier 1 Uni, pls do not include that in your documentation.

Please i am eligible, how do I go about it
SC4
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 4:16pm On Apr 10
starbuck:

Please i am eligible, how do I go about it
SC4
IELTS Academic L8 S8 W7 R7
Then visit AITSL website to download the requirement for the occupation you want to choose.
The occupation you choose should be determined by the age of students you taught during your Teaching practice.
So if your TP was secondary school, you are to choose secondary school. If you are now teaching in any other section apart from secondary school, you will not be able to claim employment points from that.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Tomorrow28: 5:36pm On Apr 10
Tunlex01

I have filled EOI NSW pathway 2 investment nsw for 491 visa. I realise that I expect to receive ita from nsw with 14day response time as well as ita from skillselect with 60day response time. Now my question is...what if l receive ITA from nsw and respond within the 14day period and while waiting for ITA from skillselect my ielts expires

A friend told that so long as it was valid when l applied for nsw nomination there shouldn't be any issues. I will like to confirm if this is the case.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:53pm On Apr 11
Tomorrow28:
Tunlex01

I have filled EOI NSW pathway 2 investment nsw for 491 visa. I realise that I expect to receive ita from nsw with 14day response time as well as ita from skillselect with 60day response time. Now my question is...what if l receive ITA from nsw and respond within the 14day period and while waiting for ITA from skillselect my ielts expires

A friend told that so long as it was valid when l applied for nsw nomination there shouldn't be any issues. I will like to confirm if this is the case.
Are you living in NSW?
No. NSW can send you invite anytime, usually more than 14 days but you will have 14 days to apply. Thereafter, they can take up to 8 weeks to process your application.
60 days is for you to apply for visa after getting nomination. Looks like you are mixing up the timelines.

If your English expires before nomination which is ITA, you wont get a nomination from NSW and if you got one, your EOI would be invalid and would lead to visa refusal if you proceed.
So ii'll suggest you prepare asap and write a new English test.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Tomorrow28: 2:45pm On Apr 11
tunlex01:

Are you living in NSW?
No. NSW can send you invite anytime, usually more than 14 days but you will have 14 days to apply. Thereafter, they can take up to 8 weeks to process your application.
60 days is for you to apply for visa after getting nomination. Looks like you are mixing up the timelines.

If your English expires before nomination which is ITA, you wont get a nomination from NSW and if you got one, your EOI would be invalid and would lead to visa refusal if you proceed.
So ii'll suggest you prepare asap and write a new English test.

Thanks for replying. If i understood you clearly my ielts expires June 19. So if by June 10 for example nsw invites me and i apply on June 15 does it mean I'm ineligible for nomination because by the 8weeks it takes to process my application and nominate me the ielts would have expired. Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by standfit007: 9:05pm On Apr 11
Hi Tunlex01,
Thanks for the efforts on this channel. I was surprised to receive a positive assessment response from ACS today; i submitted on 22 March.

I have now applied(EOI) for 491(65 points) and 190(55 points).

1. I checked pasts ITAs from 2020-2023(as found on the offcial gov.au site) and noticed that 190 visa had more numbers of invites. Note, I didn't applied for this in my first EOI submission but had to update afterwards (to put in) for 190. Could you share some insights on this trend?

2. There is this "gazetted professional year in Australia", and noticed ACS(my assessment authority) was mentioned as one that provies this. Could you share thought on this as per the number of points this can fetch one? Secondly do you have experience with this generally?

3. I could understand that one way to increase my point is another english test with higher score. What other ways can i increase my points?

4. From your experience and/or trend, is 65 a good point for regional nomination? Do you have any thought on specific region to target (for code135112)? When I say target, I found out that there are some regions that require one to throw in ROI to get nomination even if one selected "any" as region he is open to live in.

5. Are there specific times that general ITA is drawn as compared to, say, Canada that dodraw every other month?

Anyone with answer to any of the questions is appreciated πŸ‘

tunlex01:

You are right about ACS, it's not applicable to all assessing bodies but the Department of Home Affairs usually ask for them later too.
The main reason why we ask for this information is to confirm that the prospective applicant meet the requirements before they spend their hard earned money. For example, if the person is paid by cash and wants to assess with ACS even if you have other documents, it's a no-no.
The information request is just a guide
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NB1912: 5:06am On Apr 12
standfit007:
Hi Tunlex01,
Thanks for the efforts on this channel. I was surprised to receive a positive assessment response from ACS today; i submitted on 22 March.

1. I checked pasts ITAs from 2020-2023(as found on the offcial gov.au site) and noticed that 190 visa had more numbers of invites. Note, I didn't applied for this in my first EOI submission but had to update afterwards (to put in) for 190. Could you share some insights on this trend?

2. There is this "gazetted professional year in Australia", and noticed ACS(my assessment authority) was mentioned as one that provies this. Could you share thought on this as per the number of points this can fetch one? Secondly do you have experience with this generally?

3. I could understand that one way to increase my point is another english test with higher score. What other ways can i increase my points?

4. From your experience and/or trend, is 65 a good point for regional nomination? Do you have any thought on specific region to target (for code135112)? When I say target, I found out that there are some regions that require one to throw in ROI to get nomination even if one selected "any" as region he is open to live in.

5. Are there specific times that general ITA is drawn as compared to, say, Canada that dodraw every other month?

1. You are not eligible for 190 with 55 points. You need a minimum of 65 points to be eligible.

2. Professional years is for those that studied in Australia. I am guessing you are not in Australia as you would have known this.

3. Get more years of work experience.

4. Each state has it's own requirement. While some states might have additional requirements such as increased years of work experience, higher English score or submitting a separate ROI, other states might have no additional requirement. You would have to research each states requirement. It's hard to say if 65 points is good enough to receive an invite. The higher your score the better your chances. I would recommend you create an EOI for each state that has your occupation on their list. You can target NSW, VIC, SA, WA, QLD and ACT.

5. Regarding 190 & 491, some states will mention the date of their next invite round while others won't. Again, you would have to look into each states requirement.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 4:01pm On Apr 12
Tomorrow28:

Thanks for replying. If i understood you clearly my ielts expires June 19. So if by June 10 for example nsw invites me and i apply on June 15 does it mean I'm ineligible for nomination because by the 8weeks it takes to process my application and nominate me the ielts would have expired. Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Yes NSW will not even approve your nomination application. You should have a valid English test that still has at least 3 months before submitting an application
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 4:13pm On Apr 12
standfit007:
Hi Tunlex01,

Congratulations on your positive result.
Please ensure you stick to the date approved in your result letter (see image below) to avoid overclaiming points.
1. 190 usually has more invites but they are mostly issued to priority occupations applications both offshore and onshore in these fields -health, teaching and construction related as well as onshore applicants in other fields.

2. THis is for onshore applicants who studied a computer science related course in Australia. They can do professional year to claim extra points.

3.All the ways to increase points are listed in the anzscosearch page or immi website on the points calculator. Those are the only ways to increase points.

4. Sincerely, 65 is not a good score for 135112 or any ACS occupation but who knows, miracles do happen.

5. 189 draw has not happened in a long time. IT used to be every month. For state nomination, they usually work with the allocated quota. if it's a lot, they tend to do more nomination but if it's not much, they do less nominations and issue nomination on a need-basis.
Also, July to December are usually a good time for nomination cos Australia FY starts every July.

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.