Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For (85195 Views)

Nigerian Man Stranded After His Wife Took Children & Abandoned Him In An Airport / Man Bails Out On Bills After His Date Came With Her 3 Kids (pics/video) / Guy Left In Shambles After Going Through His Girlfriend’s Whatsapp (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by judgedredd22(m): 5:22am On May 08, 2018
Dottore:
I had invited a girl on a date. I thought we could start something serious. Her father is a Secondary School Teacher while her mum is a trader. While we were considering where to go she said she'd like to go to Sahara Restaurant that she had never been there and she heard it's a nice place. . I had gone there a couple of times. This restaurant is a classy restaurant run by Arabs in Enugu. she came with 2 other girls, all were provocatively dressed and chewing gums without the slightest care in the world.
. A conversation ensued between btw us through text:
Me: babe I thought this meeting is for the both of us.
You didn't tell me you are coming with your friends.

Babe: what's wrong with my friends coming with me.
I also accompany them to meet their bfs. Besides
they are bored in the hostel and we are hungry.

(they were busy going through a big leather bound colorful menu book and placing orders)

Me: I didn't plan for this. I have a budget for our outing.

Babe: duuurrr! (carelessly chewing gum with clicking sounds)

I kept my cool as they chattered about school and gossiped about their school mates. In less than 30mins the food started coming, the only thing I could recognize was pizza which they say they'd prefer as 'take away' and a bowl of shredded Chicken Sauce. Among their orders were two glass cups of a drink I couldn't recognize and a slice of lemon hanging on the tip of each of the glass.
The waiter brought a printed bill with a shiny steel cone that they use to cover bills. I opened the cone and looked I saw N17,300
I had ordered and paid for bottled water while I was waiting for her to come.

I gently stood up, left and drove straight to another eatery.. I didn't bother switching off my phone because of 3 lousy girls. I managed to silence it though because the calls were incessant followed with countless messages that first started with insults then calmer tones of "apologies"..

Nonsense

12 Likes

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by rubyjan(f): 5:23am On May 08, 2018
Op ,the two of you are very stupid. Why would you go to a very expensive restaurant that is way out of your league to eat.
What happened to all the cheap ones that are pocket friendly. Probably you want to show off, now you are running.
If I was the owner of that restaurant and I happen to hear of it, you won't be allowed to leave. The two of you will work there until you have paid the balance.

4 Likes

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by coolh3ad(m): 5:28am On May 08, 2018
Saintmary:

Sense should fall on guys, don't date if you're not ready to spend. There's a possibility that guys who think like this are going to register their wives for antenatal in substandard hospitals, endangering their lives because they don't want to spend their hard earned money. Anyway, you get what you seek.

But madam where you dey carry talk go?.. wetin concern the issue on ground with registering wives for antenatal? ....Na him wife he carry go restaurant??. You know the truth. Admit it. The lady did bad. Can you do such?..

14 Likes

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by judgedredd22(m): 5:29am On May 08, 2018
solasoulmusic:
that’s why when you say let’s go to lunch... my treat...be prepared don’t be forming international restaurant when your pocket is singing local baby pananana

Communication counts

12 Likes

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by Saintmary(f): 5:32am On May 08, 2018
coolh3ad:

But madam where you dey carry talk go?.. wetin concern the issue on ground with registering wives for antenatal? ....Na him wife he carry go restaurant??. You know the truth. Admit it. The lady did bad. Can you do such?..
My answers are in my previous posts.
Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by Nobody: 5:32am On May 08, 2018
Hope she drank water after all that?
Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by Nobody: 5:34am On May 08, 2018
rubyjan:
Op ,the two of you are very stupid. Why would you go to a very expensive restaurant that is way out of your league to eat.
What happened to all the cheap ones that are pocket friendly. Probably you want to show off, now you are running.
[s]If I was the owner of that restaurant and I happen to hear of it, you won't be allowed to leave. The two of you will work there until you have paid the balance[/s].

And you'll be sued if you think Nigeria is a lawless country.

you can't hold the guy because he wasn't the one who ordered for the food... you can only hold the lady accountable

12 Likes

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by coolh3ad(m): 5:37am On May 08, 2018
Saintmary:

My answers are in my previous posts.

Just type "Yes" or "No".....You know the truth. Admit it rather than "cover up" for "I never chop" ladies like that...

5 Likes

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by Thegamingorca(m): 5:37am On May 08, 2018
pocohantas:
He did well.

How can a broke lady eat almost N12000 at a sitting?
N6000 less than minimum wage?
Haba!!!
cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by sexdoll: 5:37am On May 08, 2018
GodblessNig247:

I guess she has a brain right? Because someone tells u to take anything u like does not mean u would take the building too. That's common sense na!

You're right.

The problem is just that so many people lack common sense.

Hence, the need to reset their sense using highly effective methods like that guy in the story applied. tongue

I keep on telling people, the worst set of people you will ever meet in this life are people who will never like or want to do unto others what they want others to do unto them.

That's pure wickedness.

Can you imagine?!

The _bitch expects not to pay for the guy's food; but she expects the guy to pay for her own.

What a fool!

A very wicked fool for that matter!

21 Likes

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by Obason22(m): 5:41am On May 08, 2018
Their defecate can Smell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by Nobody: 5:42am On May 08, 2018
The guy Bleep up sha... Where was he when the girl was ordering those nonsense...
If this story is true then the guy is suffering from superiority complex, there is no need suffering the poor girl whereas you know how human mind works, she can adjust if he told her to.

She just want to punish the poor girl who is controlled by her crave for lustful appetite. Poverty mentality though.
Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by adekennis(m): 5:43am On May 08, 2018
Saintmary:
That's a glutton. But guys, tell them before the date not to over-order. Some of you tell the lady to order anything she wants, leading her into a trap and then complain about it later or hang her out to dry. If you know it's not in your budget, be plain about it.
If you are asked to order what you like doesn't mean you shouldn't be reasonable.

4 Likes

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by Frederick2017: 5:44am On May 08, 2018
Hahahaha.... i love this drama.
Nice one op
Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by justtoodark: 5:44am On May 08, 2018
i dont pay when i go on a date....

women always pay....

men dont know how to find women that dont think on misusing men....

women have money,they are not always broke......

if they realy like you,they pay the bill of both too....

6 Likes

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by Saintmary(f): 5:45am On May 08, 2018
coolh3ad:

Just type "Yes" or "No".....You know the truth. Admit it rather than "cover up" for "I never chop" ladies like that...
Hey Mr, go find something else to do.
Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by PotatoSalad(m): 5:45am On May 08, 2018
I have the money ok, and I'll hit you up when I'm off the studio. I've been to dates with ladies several times and they all behave like matured adults.
I ask them whatever they want to eat or drink. I get one for you and one for me. After eating, it's left for me to ask if you're ok or still want more. I can pay for whatever you order but that doesn't mean you have to do last supper on me. It all comes down to your attitude and the type of girls you go out with. These girls get sense die but they don't do that to every guy they see.
Please don't mind my English, I haven't slept well in days loool

4 Likes

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by tabithababy(f): 5:46am On May 08, 2018
This nonsense can never happen to me cheesy

That's why some ladies prefer sugar daddies cheesy

Girls, you better start asking guys how much they can afford and make sure they pay before you order cheesy

1 Like

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by Saintmary(f): 5:49am On May 08, 2018
adekennis:
If you are asked to order what you like doesn't mean you shouldn't be reasonable.
Re-read the first statement of the same post you quoted, then modify your post.
Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by coolh3ad(m): 5:49am On May 08, 2018
Saintmary:

Hey Mr, go find something else to do.

The truth is bitter they say....I can decide to stay here for as long as I want....How does that concern you "Mrs".....Have a wonderful day ahead ma'am....

5 Likes

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by Nobody: 5:52am On May 08, 2018
Saintmary:

Sense should fall on guys, don't date if you're not ready to spend.
So if a guy spends all the money, what do you bring to a date? Painted face and empty stomach? undecided

26 Likes

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by justtoodark: 5:53am On May 08, 2018
tabithababy:
This nonsense can never happen to me cheesy

That's why some ladies prefer sugar daddies cheesy

Girls, you better start asking guys how much they can afford and make sure they pay before you order cheesy

a woman that realy likes you,wouldnt over order....

she would atleast order what she can afford for herself....

but if the man already boasted that money is not a problem,well....

men lie too much when introducing themselves....thats the problem........
Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by MissJoy29(f): 5:55am On May 08, 2018
Both of them are wrong. Initially I wanted to blame the guy more cos I thought he took her to a fancy restaurant. But I realised his bill is just under 4k as against almost 12k of the girl's. Which means, it's not a fancy restaurant. It could be a regular fast food. Now I wonder, what on earth was the girl ordering for to amount to 11,800? shocked shocked. Two plates each of all the food items they have on display? This is where I blame the girl. She was greedy.

On the other hand, he may have taken her to a fancy restaurant that charges 4k for a side dish and water only. You know that kind restaurant na. And the girl may have ordered for normal food but in an expensive restaurant. I don't blame her here. I blame the guy here for taking her to such a restaurant and expecting her to buy water alone. Dude probably was trying to impress the girl (a lot do) and yet he was the first to cry foul.

It's still possible the girl had more money than what she let on. She was just trying to let the guy know that it's his responsibility to pay for a date if there's no prior agreement to split the bill. That was why she asked that question that sounded rude to the guy. But guy wait, were you expecting her to smile at you when you told her to pay? Mbanu!

But this is where the girl spoilt the show and belittled herself. She had to beg & apologised to the guy probably to get him to come back and pay. After walking out on you cos of money and embarrassing you. It really means that she was broke or stingy. All she would have done was to pay the money, eat her food and walk out with her head held high. But alas! She either didn't have the money or she didn't want to spend it. Which is bad!.

Moral of this long talk: let's try to respect ourselves as ladies and stop the embarrassment biko. No need to show us how hungry your ancestors are & how uncultured and insensitive you can be. You should be wise enough to know who your date is & what he's capable of doing.

Finally, ladies, never ever leave the house to a date without your own money. The reason is not to rub it in the guy's face or form rich woman. It's just to save yourself from embarrass situations that may arise.

cc: purityval
cassyrooy
chocberry

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by proffemi: 5:57am On May 08, 2018
Guys no longer know when to hide their faces in shame.

If you want to be the alpha in a relationship (most guys do), act it.
If you take someone out on a date, pay the bills. Your date should be decent enough not to pig out, but if she does, make a mental note, and don't take her out next time. In any case, act the alpha. Alpha men are gentlemen. If you're okay haggling over bills with a woman, then you really aren't an alpha. Don't come sobbing if she disrespects you.

Don't take a date to an expensive eatery and hope she will restrain herself. Don't hide broke-azz status behind fake indignation. Don't give gentlemen a bad name, and for the love of God, if you do all the above, don't crow about it online!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by adekennis(m): 5:57am On May 08, 2018
rubyjan:
If I was the owner of that restaurant and I happen to hear of it, you won't be allowed to leave. The two of you will work there until you have paid the balance.
Bleep...Can't u read or u find it difficult to comprehend? The said lady came with two of her friends while he taught it's a date between the two of them.

1 Like

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by justtoodark: 5:58am On May 08, 2018
MissJoy29:
Both of them are wrong. Initially I wanted to blame the guy more cos I thought he took her to a fancy restaurant. But I realised his bill is just under 4k as against almost 12k of the girl's. Which means, it's not a fancy restaurant. It could be a regular fat food. Now I wonder, what on earth was the girl ordering for to amount to 11,800? shocked shocked. Two plates each of all the food items they have on display? This is where I blame the girl. She was greedy.

On the other hand, he may have taken her to a fancy restaurant that charges 4k for a side dish and water only. And the girl may have ordered for normal food but in an expensive restaurant. I don't blame her here. I blame the guy here for taking her to such a restaurant and expecting her to buy water alone. Dude probably was trying to impress the girl (a lot do) and yet he was the first to cry foul.

It's still possible the girl had more money than what she let on. She was just trying to let the guy know that it's his responsibility to pay for a date if there's no prior agreement to split the bill. That was why she asked that question that sounded rude to the guy. But guy wait, were you expecting her to smile at you when you told het to pay? Mbanu!

But this is where the girl spoilt the show and belittled herself. She had to beg the guy. After walking out on you cos of money and embarrassing you. It really means that she was broke or stingy. All she would have done was to pay the money, eat her food and walk out with her head held high. But alas! She either didn't have the money or she didn't want to spend it. Which is bad!.

Moral of this long talk: let's try to respect ourselves as ladies and stop the embarrassment biko. No need to show us how hungry your ancestors are & how uncultured and insensitive you can be. You should be wise enough to know who your date is & what he's capable of doing.

Finally, never ever leave the house to a date without your own money. The reason is not to rub it in the guy's face or form rich woman. It's just to save yourself from embarrass situations that may arise.

cc: purityval
cassyrooy
chocberry

exactly...me i tell the truth straight forward...then she can calculate herself what i can afford or not...

you are right....i wouldnt go to a fancy restaurant with her anyways...

2 Likes

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by papascode: 5:59am On May 08, 2018
Hanseel1:

guy 3450....lady 11800k

are you normal? undecided

She is obviously a broke ass girl. Some Ladies can be so stupid in this country.

5 Likes

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by sexdoll: 6:01am On May 08, 2018
EMMAUGOH:
The guy Bleep up sha... Where was he when the girl was ordering those nonsense...
If this story is true then the guy is suffering from superiority complex, there is no need suffering the poor girl whereas you know how human mind works, she can adjust if he told her to.

She just want to punish the poor girl who is controlled by her crave for lustful appetite. Poverty mentality though.

Let me tell you something you must be aware of in this life.

Everybody is responsible for his or her acts.

Don't tell me that because I forgot to lock my doors, that any thief that comes into my house to steal should be pardoned assuming if he or she was caught.

I am responsible for not locking my doors, hence my punishment for being robbed.

The thief is responsible for taking what does not belong to he or she, hence the punishment of massive beating he or she receives when caught.

That's exactly how life works.

20 Likes

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by MissJoy29(f): 6:03am On May 08, 2018
proffemi:

If you take someone out on a date, pay the bills. Your date should be decent enough not to pig out, but if she does, make a mental note, and don't take her out next time. In any case, act the alpha. Alpha men are gentlemen. If you're okay haggling over bills with a woman, then you really aren't an alpha. Don't come sobbing if she disrespects you.

Don't take a date to an expensive eatery and hope she will restrain herself. Don't hide broke-azz status behind fake indignation. Don't give gentlemen a bad name, and for the love of God, if you do all the above, don't crow about it online!!!
God Bless you. But this post will really make sense if you are a man. Are you? cool

1 Like

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by MissJoy29(f): 6:03am On May 08, 2018
justtoodark:

exactly...me i tell the truth straight forward...then she can calculate herself what i can afford or not...

you are right....i wouldnt go to a fancy restaurant with her anyways...
Exactly! That's the way it should be
Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by owomida1: 6:05am On May 08, 2018
pocohantas:
He did well.

How can a broke lady eat almost N12000 at a sitting?
N6000 less than minimum wage?
Haba!!!

When minimum wage hits N200,000, this same babe will confidently eat N180,000 meal on a sitting as well. They have a name, we Yoruba call them akpa- wasters

She won sample the guy financial weight from food first. grin

9 Likes

Re: Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For by sexdoll: 6:07am On May 08, 2018
proffemi:

With this type of mentality, I can safely conclude that you are a fake fake fake alpha.

You can't even restrain the excesses of a poor girl you're hanging out with and you want to be claiming alpha.

By the way, who alpha epp?

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Lady Dances, As Man Removes His Boxers, Chases Her While Unclad (photos) / Man Dumps His Bride On Wedding Day, Plays Video Of Her Cheating On Him (Video) / Policeman Takes Prostitute Home In Kubwa Area Of Abuja, Discovers He Is A Man(Pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.