Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? (34153 Views)

"This Is Our Husband" - 4 Beautiful Wives Proudly Flaunt Their Husband (video) / Except She's Your Wife, Don't Give Her Car, Iphone 13, House, As A Romantic Gift / Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by ImaIma1(f): 11:19pm On May 27, 2018
FreeConCiencE:

Nobody is saying God, culture or morality support woman footing the whole bills, but if she is capable of doing of doing it and the husband is not, God, culture and morality demand she foot the bills on behalf of the husband. Even if she does that, she should still submit to her husband and see him as the authority. It's such a woman you call woman of virtues. Nobody is supporting maltreatment of women and living an irresponsible life as a womanizer, drunkard or smoker. But I repeat, the husband is the authority, is the dictator and he is the head that all the other family members should respect. Where there is need to carry his wife along, he will do. That makes him a man.

The highlighted is what makes a lot of men lazy and laid back. The wife can foot the bill on "behalf of the husband" and still see him as the authority while he does what? Sit around and being the head with mouth.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by victorian(f): 11:22pm On May 27, 2018
ImaIma1:

The highlighted is what makes a lot of men lazy and laid back. The wife can foot the bill on "behalf of the husband" and still see him as the authority while he does what? Sit around and being the head with mouth.

So true, no woman will see such man as a head. I repeat no African woman.

FreeConCiencE, I disagree with u on that.

Some Men should man up and do the needful, if they so much desire to be the head.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by msylva2147(m): 11:25pm On May 27, 2018
ImaIma1:

Why should he tell his wife to shut up when he is talking?

All these points you raised did not start in this generation. It has nothing to do with women of today. Absolutely nothing.

And you cannot even compare then with now. Then, the husband worked and brought in the money while the wife stayed home and took care of the house and kids.

You cannot expect it to be exactly the same when the woman also works as hard as the man or even harder and still bears children, takes care of the children and the home. Of course she will feel cheated when she is still treated without consideration.

Marriage is an agreement between two people. Couples should try to make life easy for each other without one feeling neglected or disrespected.
I respected you for your first comment but on this you are not totally right, so because you are working mean when your husband is talking you should also talk back at him? Sometimes I see the problems in the marriage today as ego the women are having in the name of I can do without you at the detriment of the children.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by ImaIma1(f): 11:28pm On May 27, 2018
victorian:

Some Men should man up and do the needful, if they so much desire to be the head.

They just try to quote the part that suits them. They don't read thd other part where it says men should love their wives.

They demand submission but do they love their wives the way the same Bible they keep quoting says: love that is not proud, not self seeking, love that covers all wrong, love that is KIND and PATIENT,etc. But they keep shouting "SUBMIT".
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by msylva2147(m): 11:32pm On May 27, 2018
Pataricatering:
as if marriage is a prize ! I’m so happy women don’t carry marriage on their head like they used to !
that's why we have a lot of baby mama's roaming the streets because of people like you.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by msylva2147(m): 11:34pm On May 27, 2018
victorian:

Tears indeed.

I don't need to pretend. I rather be single than be desperate to even date or marry a clueless irresponsible man.

And inbetween
continue to brag behind internet while you die in silence.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by ImaIma1(f): 11:37pm On May 27, 2018
msylva2147:
I respected you for your first comment but on this you are not totally right, so because you are working mean when your husband is talking you should also talk back at him? Sometimes I see the problems in the marriage today as ego the women are having in the name of I can do without you at the detriment of the children.

What do you mean by talk back? So if he is talking, she has to be silent? They cannot debate on an issue or argue?

The problem in marriage is most lack of or bad communication. And a woman does not have ego where a man is. Because a man's ego is so big that it could be his ruin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by msylva2147(m): 11:38pm On May 27, 2018
Thesia:
So all this f*cked up niggas complaining that their woman don't do anything they ask them to do...

Is she ur fucki*g maid, u want a maid bitch u get one ur self, if that aren't enough for u, u can go bang ur head on a wall....

Rubbish, I am so tired of some stupid men thinking that their world is law, bunch succotash. . angry angry
we need more of you on the streets to save our hard earned money for the one night stand at a cheap.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by msylva2147(m): 11:45pm On May 27, 2018
ImaIma1:

What do you mean by talk back? So if he is talking, she has to be silent? They cannot debate on an issue or argue?

The problem in marriage is most lack of or bad communication. And a woman does not have ego where a man is. Because a man's ego is so big that it could be his ruin.
A wise woman will remain silent when the husband is talking and that's not a sign of weakness but respect, instead of arguing you allow him when he is in a good mood. Sometimes when you see men shouting is not as if they really want to but sometimes society puts pressure on them being it in a working place or in the traffic, so sometimes is a kind of transfer of aggression.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by msylva2147(m): 11:49pm On May 27, 2018
Thesia:

Once I have the money, and i am financially off, who man help, Rubbish....

Marriage is just f*cking sh*t, cus I don't see how that help...

Am still saying it, some men are disgusting misogynist bastards sons of bitches...

PS: am a misandry, go and check it up, that is why I hate men the most...

Cus they are just fantastically worthless piece of shits.... angry
you can choose to remain single so we can patronize you at will.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by msylva2147(m): 11:55pm On May 27, 2018
engrelvis:
dnt mind dem.most people writing here r nt married.if there is affection n luv in marriage submission comes naturally from yr wife.i shud know.i v been in it for d past 13yrs! Master slave relationship went with our parents.d more love u show a good wife d more submissive she becomes.find yr wife mumu button n d rest is history
leave that grammar, the only love women of now a days understand is your pocket. If you don't have money don't even expect any love from, I see a lot of people here saying money is not everything, not this days.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by msylva2147(m): 12:10am On May 28, 2018
victorian:

There is nothing to learn here.

You men screaming women no longer respect their husbands are just wasting your time.

Take a look at a comfortable home and marriage, where the man is the head of the house... Not just head bceacuse he has prick o! He's head because he takes care of his home and financial responsibilities. Where I live, the married couples there, live peacefully, everyone is happy. Bills are not split in their homes. The wife assist when she wants to add extra value to what the husband has dropped for weekly meals and running of the home.

Both husbands bought their working wives car. They don't share children school fees. Their husbands pay the fees solely by himself.

So tell me, why would such wives disrespect their husbands
Their homes are always peaceful and quiet with laughter and joy coming from the kids, wife and the husband. Their friends visits and they entertain them well.

Such women will always respect their husband and guard him jealously.

But you! You marry wife, u will tell her rent? She will pay half and u pay half
Food, is splitted into two
School fees into two

Sometimes the husband sef doesn't drop anything.

All you know how to do is fucvk and lash out orders, which she will look at u disdainfully and walk away.

You virtually split your title of your position as the head into two. What we now have in such homes are two leaders handling a ship. She starts rubbing shoulders with you. You talk! She talks back! What do u expect? Your wife to worship you?

Until u men starts behaving Like responsible men, your wives will start taking u serious.
No wonder women are no longer desperate to marry especially to men who are not ready to be men. They rather stay single, be single mums, be free and take care of their kids and biz.

Don't worry una eyes go soon clear. Alot of stingy men are dying of loneliness and coming online to pour out their frustrations. Have u seen rich and comfortable men complain their wives don't respect them? Only struggling married and single men complain everytime online
.na una sabi..

Keep been frustrated.
it is women like you that makes guys to go into kidnapping, robbery, money rituals and yahoo yahoo because you can't respect your husband simply because God has not open his way. Is it everybody that will be rich? You are using rich people to generalize. To think that men's eyes will soon clear I guess you must be in China to have said that. On the contrary it's men that doesn't want to get married because of people like you, if every man decides to marry ten women, women will still be surplus to requirement.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by ImaIma1(f): 12:12am On May 28, 2018
msylva2147:
A wise woman will remain silent when the husband is talking and that's not a sign of weakness but respect, instead of arguing you allow him when he is in a good mood. Sometimes when you see men shouting is not as if they really want to but sometimes society puts pressure on them being it in a working place or in the traffic, so sometimes is a kind of transfer of aggression.

A woman will not always keep quiet when her husband speaks. A wise person knows that there is a time to speak and a time to be silent. Some silence could be insulting.

You should realize that though the man is the head, they are a team.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by msylva2147(m): 12:14am On May 28, 2018
lefulefu:
Respect is earned. A husband who drinks himself to stupor vomiting all over the place or the one who at the end of the month gives half of his salary earnings to his sidechic while neglecting his kids and the remaining half he spends it in beer parlour... U think such a husband deserves his wife's respect? If the man is a responsible husband is wife will respect him....except if the wife na Karashika of the highest echelon bracket.
when you see such a man try to enquire if that's how he has been before they got married, sometimes it's the women that makes their husbands to engage in such habit because I don't believe that was the man's character and habit yet she chooses to get married to him.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Nobody: 12:23am On May 28, 2018
hmmn wats dis OP trying to say�
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by victorian(f): 12:26am On May 28, 2018
ImaIma1:

They just try to quote the part that suits them. They don't read thd other part where it says men should love their wives.

They demand submission but do they love their wives the way the same Bible they keep quoting says: love that is not proud, not self seeking, love that covers all wrong, love that is KIND and PATIENT,etc. But they keep shouting "SUBMIT".

Don't mind them., they want submission but cannot even fulfil one simple rule : Love your wife.

I repeat, I will NEVER marry a man who pretends to love me but doesn't give a hoot about me but expect submission because he's the head?
Head my foot!
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by victorian(f): 12:28am On May 28, 2018
msylva2147:
it is women like you that makes guys to go into kidnapping, robbery, money rituals and yahoo yahoo because you can't respect your husband simply because God has not open his way. Is it everybody that will be rich? You are using rich people to generalize. To think that men's eyes will soon clear I guess you must be in China to have said that. On the contrary it's men that doesn't want to get married because of people like you, if every man decides to marry ten women, women will still be surplus to requirement.

Those category of men shouldn't marry nah. You think women are so eager to marry as well?

I repeat No man is doing me any favour in marrying me, that's the truth! Take it or leave it.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by ImaIma1(f): 12:34am On May 28, 2018
victorian:

Honey i really caught a goldfish. And with the kind of things i hear here, i count myself lucky.

You can find that kind you are looking for

Don't mind them., they want submission but cannot even fulfil one simple rule : Love your wife.

I repeat, I will NEVER marry a man who pretends to love me but doesn't give a hoot about me but expect submission because he's the head?
Head my foot!

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by victorian(f): 12:39am On May 28, 2018
[quote author=ImaIma1 post=67942749][/quote]

My dear, nairaland is the least place to meet husband materials.

Husband materials here is just 10percent. The rest? Just forget it.

Am happy for you smiley
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Nobody: 12:43am On May 28, 2018
msylva2147:
when you see such a man try to enquire if that's how he has been before they got married, sometimes it's the women that makes their husbands to engage in such habit because I don't believe that was the man's character and habit yet she chooses to get married to him.
some men are j*st addicted to alcohol. Its just their tin and the way they are. No be woman push them into it. There are married men who would rather spend all their money on drink and girlfriends while neglecting their wives and kids at home. When salary alert ring for dhier phone na dat time dem go remember sidechic number 1 and sidechic number2. Their wives will toil and slave for the kids while d husbands are outside frolicking with other women. How u go expect such a wife to feel? Yes a man deserve respect from his wife but then many of these married men should try and be more responsible. Play a role in your children's life and ur spouse would love and respect u except she be heartless devil. U can't talk of respect when u as a man refuse to cater for ur children's needs.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Duru009(m): 1:00am On May 28, 2018
IgboBasthard:

Solve your own first.......didirins want to control women without means. So a woman is respected by her younger sisters, by her friends and family, relatives and society because she is getting dicked-down every night? Maybe your sisters think so sha.

We know weak men when we see them.......
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by msylva2147(m): 1:06am On May 28, 2018
victorian:

Those category of men shouldn't marry nah. You think women are so eager to marry as well?

I repeat No man is doing me any favour in marrying me, that's the truth! Take it or leave it.
sounds so easier than done
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by msylva2147(m): 1:07am On May 28, 2018
ImaIma1:

A woman will not always keep quiet when her husband speaks. A wise person knows that there is a time to speak and a time to be silent. Some silence could be insulting.

You should realize that though the man is the head, they are a team.
then you believe that two wrongs can make a right to build a home by not keeping quiet
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by ImaIma1(f): 3:27am On May 28, 2018
msylva2147:
then you believe that two wrongs can make a right to build a home by not keeping quiet

Keeping quiet or speaking up has nothing to do with two wrongs...

In fact, if a woman is always keeping quiet while her husband shouts or talks, that kind of woman should be feared. She is bottling up a lot. The day she explodes, the marriage can end.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by engrelvis(m): 5:47am On May 28, 2018
lefulefu:
some men are j*st addicted to alcohol. Its just their tin and the way they are. No be woman push them into it. There are married men who would rather spend all their money on drink and girlfriends while neglecting their wives and kids at home. When salary alert ring for dhier phone na dat time dem go remember sidechic number 1 and sidechic number2. Their wives will toil and slave for the kids while d husbands are outside frolicking with other women. How u go expect such a wife to feel? Yes a man deserve respect from his wife but then many of these married men should try and be more responsible. Play a role in your children's life and ur spouse would love and respect u except she be heartless devil. U can't talk of respect when u as a man refuse to cater for ur children's needs.
thank u bro.i dnt really understand dat guy.saying yr money will give u respect in marriage without u being responsible is bullshit.our men want to eat their cake n v it n no matter d Bullshits dey bring home dey expect d woman to understand but if d table turn dey will become lion.nobody is saying money is nt important but b responsible too.u v series of girlfriends outside who u lavish money on but at home u will b saying u dnt v money ,u come home late reeking of alcohol,u dnt take care of yr kids whether d money is there or nt.there is no single truth in yr mouth.u attributes all yr problems to d "bad head" of d woman.yes we know there r bad women but there r also gud ones.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by lloyds(m): 6:12am On May 28, 2018
Pavore9:
The basic question is how did the man get attracted to a woman he could not inspire respect into?

I think you are a wise man.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Ugosample(m): 6:28am On May 28, 2018
braunstrowman:
cry cry

Gone are the days, when a woman will see her husband and she will submit to him and to his instructions wholeheartedly but not days again.

Even the Bible says wife should be submissive to her husband.
Ephesians 5:22-33 New International Version (NIV)
22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

A man will give simple instructions to his wife or girlfriend they will still find it hard to obey him or listen to his instructions.

Amaka don't do this! She will still do that.

Mama Emeka shut up when I'm talking! She will talk 50 times before the man will say two statement.

Ma victor you didn't wash my clothes! Do I look like your house maid.

You girls should be respectful and obedient to your husband or boyfriend

That's because a lot of men are conducting themselves in a dishomorable fashion

Women still respect men who got their shit together
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Pavore9: 6:36am On May 28, 2018
lloyds:

I think you are a wise man.

I learnt from my father that respect is inspired not enforced.

We tend to overlook understudying the other person's personality before committing ourselves into the relationship, it is like getting involved with someone who is dealing with histrionic personality disorder and still complaining that the person is selfish.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by FreeConCiencE: 6:48am On May 28, 2018
ImaIma1:

If the roles are switched and the woman takes the role of the man as the provider (according to the bible) don't you think we can also switch up the submission and authority part too?

And nope...the man is not a dictator in his house. It is not the way the Bible described it. The woman is meant to submit but the equation does not end there. If you read further, it says the man should love his wife.

Then when you read 1 Corinthians 13 that talks about love, you will realize that a husband cannot be a dictator if he claims to love. You will understand how a husband and wife should live.

See, the worst disaster that can befall any man is-"not being able to perform his responsibilities at home" and no responsible and right-thinking man will want his duties switched and be performed by his wife. This is because it is a shameful thing and the dignity and respect for such man are under serious threat. But if conditions or circumstances warrant it, it's pertinent for the wife to rise to the occasion and perform the duties of her husband on his behalf IF SHE IS CAPABLE without letting the 3rd party to know about it. Even, while doing that she still has to see her husband as the authority and the head with the right mannerisms and attitudes towards the husband ...... That is the true definition of women of virtues.

About the husband being the dictator, what I mean is that it is the man that dictates what should happens and what should not happen in the family. He has the final say. Where there is need for the wife to be carried along in the decision making, the man will carry her along . I repeat, the husband is the authority, he dictates, and he is the head. That is the teaching of our Bible, the Quran and our rich culture. Being the authority does not mean he should not love his wife and children. If I dictate what happens in my home as the final authority, does that mean I will not love my wife? Of course, No! I dictate what happens in my home and I ove my wife, I pamper her and she doesn't contest the position of authority with me at home even though she is self sufficient. Our one daughter is learning from her very fast.

My advice
Just marry the man that has high sense of reasoning. A man that makes good judgment of things, a reasonable man and submit to him. Where there is need for you to support him, please do and don't say because of the supports (which might be financial) , you want to contest the position of authority with him. No! It won't augur well at the end of the day. Maybe, that is my "mumu button" that my wife is using for me. I wish you good luck.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Ugosample(m): 7:13am On May 28, 2018
victorian:

I like the way you corrected yourself

"no African woman"
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by inosend: 7:20am On May 28, 2018
They tell them that the man and woman are equals in a marriage. The demonically go further and say what a man can do, a woman can do better.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by sammirano: 7:24am On May 28, 2018
whitebeard:
guys going about saying u want to control ur woman this and that..!! Pls relax..

Ur woman is ur companion, ur best friend, ur die hard fan, ur fvck mate/buddy, ur friend that can tell u in ur face.."niccar u ain't attractive", ur bully..and likewise ladies too..!! They are not ur subject or maid one some low life object that u want to be doing ur bidding every fvcking time..there is time for everything..come together agree on something then do it..it not that one person will decide and be expecting the other to follow whether she/he likes it or not..!

Well not everyone is enlightened.. And pls don't expect to marry a virgin if u are not one, dont expect a loyal person if u ain't loyal..!

Ur spouse is ur companion..(not in front or behind)..but beside u..!

I don't know about you, but submission definition is quite different from what you wrote up there. If you want someone of equal stakes with you that's fine, for me I will gladly be the head of my wife as God commanded.
Civilization is eroding the very concept of marriage and the results are devastating and it will be worse soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Best Response To 'You Just Forget Me'? / The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women. / My Pre Wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.