Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? (34143 Views)

"This Is Our Husband" - 4 Beautiful Wives Proudly Flaunt Their Husband (video) / Except She's Your Wife, Don't Give Her Car, Iphone 13, House, As A Romantic Gift / Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by sunjai(f): 7:43pm On May 27, 2018
You didn't read the part where the bible says husband's should love and respect their wives? you can't get what you can't give. talk to your wife with respect and not with a commanding tone. treat her like your partner and your companion and not like a house help, then watch house she listens and obey your words.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Bigdeeee: 7:44pm On May 27, 2018
Ivorianaija:

How can you be so afraid of another human, being equal to you.

POC, we are not equal - We NEVER were, We NEVER will. How can I be afraid of someone i’m naturally superior to?
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Ivorianaija(f): 7:47pm On May 27, 2018
34webers:
[s][/s]
In the spirit of equality, every responsibility should be shared equally, not just when it comes to who heads the family that we start talking nonsense equality poo.

Complete equality is exactly what I'm talking about. Everything shared equally, the home expenses are split equally and the home maintenance/cleaning is also split equally. We both use our time and money to make our life better.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by 34webers(m): 7:50pm On May 27, 2018
Ivorianaija:

Complete equality is exactly what I'm talking about. Everything shared equally, the home expenses are split equally and the home maintenance/cleaning is also split equally. We both use our time and money to make our life better.
But we all know these things are not equally shared in about 97% homes in Nigeria. So why the increasing disrespect in the name of equality when we all know there is no such equality in responsibilities?
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Ivorianaija(f): 7:52pm On May 27, 2018
Bigdeeee:

POC, we are not equal - We NEVER were, We NEVER will. How can I be afraid of someone i’m naturally superior to?

You mean that men and women are physically unequal. Due to the higher levels of testosterone in men they are naturally physically stronger than women, and women have a higher concentration of estrogen which leads them to not have as much natural muscle as a man may have. However, you being physically stronger doesn't mean I should bow down at your feet and follow all of your orders. You are physically superior but not mentally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 27, 2018
Respect is earned. A husband who drinks himself to stupor vomiting all over the place or the one who at the end of the month gives half of his salary earnings to his sidechic while neglecting his kids and the remaining half he spends it in beer parlour... U think such a husband deserves his wife's respect? If the man is a responsible husband is wife will respect him....except if the wife na Karashika of the highest echelon bracket.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 27, 2018
Pataricatering:
be humble for what ? Oshi !
You called me oshi for expressing my thought? The thunder wey go fire that your yam leg dey do fasting. Idiot! Them dey count meat inside pot, kpomo dey raise hand.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Burgerlomo: 7:54pm On May 27, 2018
Thesia:

Blame ur f*cked up d*ck asshole

Eat ur f*cking dick scumbag

I can see that you're already going cuckoo, to hell with you motherfucker son of a gun cool

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Ivorianaija(f): 7:55pm On May 27, 2018
34webers:

But we all know these things are not equally shared in about 97% homes in Nigeria. So why the increasing disrespect in the name of equality when we all know there is no such equality in responsibilities?
Many Nigerian women expect men to take care of them in a relationship because they were taught that this is the way it is meant to be. More Nigerian women need to go out, get an education, a source of income, and they will not have to depend on any man. The man should not be your necessity but an option and he should know that.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Bigdeeee: 8:01pm On May 27, 2018
Ivorianaija:

You mean that men and women are physically unequal. Due to the higher levels of testosterone in men they are naturally physically stronger than women, and women have a higher concentration of estrogen which leads them to not have as much natural muscle as a man may have. However, you being physically stronger doesn't mean I should bow down at your feet and follow all of your orders. You are physically superior but not mentally.

Lol, don’t even go there, but since you did, let me help you out more. Men are not only mentally SUPERIOR, men are also genetically superior, physically superior, emotionally superior...and even evolutionarily superior. We are NOT equals. Still, that’s not even the point here. Topic is about Marriage, and let me emphatically make it clear to you and other ignorant little girls out there. I 100% agree that marriage is a partnership. But a Husband IS NOT an equal partner to his wife. A husband is a senior partner and the wife is a junior partner. This is the natural order of Life. Any other arrangement is an appalling anomaly.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Ivorianaija(f): 8:05pm On May 27, 2018
Bigdeeee:

Lol, don’t even go there, but since you did, let me help you out more. Men are not only mentally SUPERIOR, men are also genetically superior, physically superior, emotionally superior...and even evolutionarily superior. We are NOT equals. Still, that’s not even the point here. Topic is about Marriage, and let me emphatically make it clear to you and other ignorant little girls out there. I 100% agree that marriage is a partnership. But a Husband IS NOT an equal partner to his wife. A husband is a senior partner and the wife is a junior partner. This is the natural order of Life. Any other arrangement is an appalling anomaly.

Do you have any proof that men are mentally, genetically, and emotionally superior to women? I want scientific evidence, and if you can not provide it for me your opinion is null and void. Also, I am a fully developed grown woman, so you have no right to refer to me as little girl.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by godofuck231: 8:09pm On May 27, 2018
braunstrowman:
cry cry

Gone are the days, when a woman will see her husband and she will submit to him and to his instructions wholeheartedly but not days again.

Even the Bible says wife should be submissive to her husband.
Ephesians 5:22-33 New International Version (NIV)
22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

A man will give simple instructions to his wife or girlfriend they will still find it hard to obey him or listen to his instructions.

Amaka don't do this! She will still do that.

Mama Emeka shut up when I'm talking! She will talk 50 times before the man will say two statement.

Ma victor you didn't wash my clothes! Do I look like your house maid.

You girls should be respectful and obedient to your husband or boyfriend

When she sucks her sugar days dyke and comes home half a million naira richer the husband is seen as a handicapped leprosy patient , they are bit interested in marriage actually they are after luxury and fantasies, now that's a weird but serious fact

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by godofuck231: 8:12pm On May 27, 2018
Ivorianaija:
Your woman is not a dog that you give orders and they must obey. You are in an equal partnership where you both show respect for each other. Respect her and she will respect you. Remember, you are a choice in her life, not a necessity.

That's why your kids might end up having 4 fathers like "mummy who's my brothers daddy
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Ivorianaija(f): 8:13pm On May 27, 2018
godofuck231:

When she sucks her sugar days dyke and comes home half a million naira richer the husband is seen as a handicapped leprosy patient , they are bit interested in marriage actually they are after luxury and fantasies, now that's a weird but serious fact

In recent years, most foreign sugar daddies or sponsors (Italy, America, Canada, Saudi Arabia) don't really care for sexual favors but mostly want your time. They've grown old and lonely and just want to spend some time with a beautiful young girl who is willing to listen to him.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Ivorianaija(f): 8:14pm On May 27, 2018
godofuck231:

That's why your kids might end up having 4 fathers like "mummy who's my brothers daddy

As a child of a polygamist father, I've heard my siblings ask their mothers such questions many times before.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by jibs4lv(m): 8:25pm On May 27, 2018
I am looking for a sister.... kiss
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Ivorianaija(f): 8:26pm On May 27, 2018
jibs4lv:
I am looking for a sister.... kiss

And that sister is off making money at her job in her home she bought by herself waiting for her next pay check while you stay looking for a sister.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by FreeConCiencE: 8:27pm On May 27, 2018
sunjai:
You didn't read the part where the bible says husband's should love and respect their wives? you can't get what you can't give. talk to your wife with respect and not with a commanding tone. treat her like your partner and your companion and not like a house help, then watch house she listens and obey your words.

This is where you are getting it wrong. The husband can command his wife. That is the simple truth. If the Lord can command the church, husband can command his wife. If you cannot take to his instructions and be submissive to him , it's better you don't get married.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by victorian(f): 8:32pm On May 27, 2018
Suko110:

It is this type of ignorance that we are trying to purge outta some women, but no dey run everywhere shouting wen no one is asking them to, they prove they know all and in reality they know absolutely nothing. Pure ignorance, just keep quiet and learn.

There is nothing to learn here.

You men screaming women no longer respect their husbands are just wasting your time.

Take a look at a comfortable home and marriage, where the man is the head of the house... Not just head bceacuse he has prick o! He's head because he takes care of his home and financial responsibilities. Where I live, the married couples there, live peacefully, everyone is happy. Bills are not split in their homes. The wife assist when she wants to add extra value to what the husband has dropped for weekly meals and running of the home.

Both husbands bought their working wives car. They don't share children school fees. Their husbands pay the fees solely by himself.

So tell me, why would such wives disrespect their husbands
Their homes are always peaceful and quiet with laughter and joy coming from the kids, wife and the husband. Their friends visits and they entertain them well.

Such women will always respect their husband and guard him jealously.

But you! You marry wife, u will tell her rent? She will pay half and u pay half
Food, is splitted into two
School fees into two

Sometimes the husband sef doesn't drop anything.

All you know how to do is fucvk and lash out orders, which she will look at u disdainfully and walk away.

You virtually split your title of your position as the head into two. What we now have in such homes are two leaders handling a ship. She starts rubbing shoulders with you. You talk! She talks back! What do u expect? Your wife to worship you?

Until u men starts behaving Like responsible men, your wives will start taking u serious.
No wonder women are no longer desperate to marry especially to men who are not ready to be men. They rather stay single, be single mums, be free and take care of their kids and biz.

Don't worry una eyes go soon clear. Alot of stingy men are dying of loneliness and coming online to pour out their frustrations. Have u seen rich and comfortable men complain their wives don't respect them? Only struggling married and single men complain everytime online
.na una sabi..

Keep been frustrated.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by redsun(m): 8:35pm On May 27, 2018
It is the bible(church) and the Greco-Roman propagandas that undermined the strength of women and tried to paint them as weaker sex that should rely on men for livelihood. Before then, women have been powerful figures in mankind's history and far more than sissies that they are made out to be today. All man has right to be free, irrespective of gender or race.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by victorian(f): 8:36pm On May 27, 2018
FreeConCiencE:

This is where you are getting it wrong. The husband can command his wife. That is the simple truth. If the Lord can command the church, husband can command his wife. If you cannot take to his instructions and be submissive to him , it's better you don't get married.

Do you think all men are authoritative and a dictator like you.
News flash not all men.. And the matured ones who treats their wives with respect last longer in marriage than people. Like you.

Go to the village and marry a maid u can talk down on. Not nowadays women.

And people are marrying every Saturday. You can't stop them from. Marrying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by ImaIma1(f): 8:40pm On May 27, 2018
FreeConCiencE:

No! A stressed woman to go and pound yam? No man will say this. I knew you said this to Polish your point.

Here, we are saying being submissive and taking to husband's instructions is very rare in most marriages now. You are here justifying a wrong thing. Even, if the wife is footing the whole bills at home, culture, God, morality or what have you demand that she should still be submissive and take to the instructions of her husband provided that the husband is not deliberately running away from his responsibilities.

For your information, women of these days are not as stressed as the women of the old era. Fetching water, fire wood, manual clothes washing, pounding yam, assisting husband on the farms, transporting heavy loads from one place to another with their heads, among others chacterized the activities of the women of the old days. Yet, they still submitted to their husbands. Now, machine wash clothes, pound yam, wash plate, gas does the cooking and the woman will still expect the man to do all the house chores. This is terrible.

A woman that cannot submit to her man and take to his instructions is an ungodly woman and should not consider getting married. The Quran says it and the Bible also says it.

Culture, God and morality don't support the woman footing the whole bill. Let's start from there.

In all i have said, i have not said a woman should not submit. In fact i said it is not negotiable.

It is just that some men bully and maltreat their wives and pin it on submission. That is not how it works.

I didn't say anything to polish my point. It is the attitude of a lot of men to lord over their wives and show their authority as the husband and man of the house and i have seen it happen.

Men that are always enforcing their authority have most likely done something to lose the respect of their wives.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by IgboBasthard: 8:40pm On May 27, 2018
Duru009:

People like us don't talk tomuch.I can help you solve your problem before it's too late!

Solve your own first.......didirins want to control women without means. So a woman is respected by her younger sisters, by her friends and family, relatives and society because she is getting dicked-down every night? Maybe your sisters think so sha.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Bigdeeee: 8:47pm On May 27, 2018
Ivorianaija:

Do you have any proof that men are mentally, genetically, and emotionally superior to women? I want scientific evidence, and if you can not provide it for me your opinion is null and void. Also, I am a fully developed grown woman, so you have no right to refer to me as little girl.

You’re fully developed? Lol, i dunno - Yes, or maybe! Grown? Nahh, you’re not grown yet. You see a grown woman already knows her man is her superior. That’s why she’s a grown woman - a woman of experience and wisdom that she earned from paying her dues in the circle of life. But here you are still asking for proof...LoOl grin. That’s like asking for proof that the sun shines brighter than the moon. It’s SELF EVIDENT, proven by existence. Wake up and smell the coffee. And FYI, just a tip of the iceberg, men have bigger brains, I mean literally. If you want science paperwork on that, then do your own research since you want to square up. Why should I help you dig out knowledge little girl? Yes, I said it - little girl tongue. Your body might be big but your mind is still small.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Ivorianaija(f): 8:51pm On May 27, 2018
Bigdeeee:

You’re fully developed? Lol, i dunno - Yes, or maybe! Grown? Nahh, you’re not grown yet. You see a grown woman already knows her man is her superior. That’s why she’s a grown woman - a woman of experience and wisdom that she earned from paying her dues in the circle of life. But here you are still asking for proof...LoOl grin. That’s like asking for proof that the sun shines brighter than the moon. It’s SELF EVIDENT, proven by existence. Wake up and smell the coffee. And FYI, just a tip of the iceberg, men have bigger brains, I mean literally. If you want science paperwork on that, then do your own research since you want to square up. Why should I help you dig out knowledge little girl? Yes, I said it - little girl tongue. Your body might be big but your mind is still small.

The earliest humans/neanderthals had physically bigger brains that filled the full capacity of their skull but their brains still lacked strength in their cerebral cortex, and hippocampus.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by sunjai(f): 8:56pm On May 27, 2018
FreeConCiencE:

Jesus never abused his followers in the name of being the head, did he? He showed them love and also talked to them with respect. He humbled himself before them which most of nowadays men don't do in the name of being the head.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by sunjai(f): 9:04pm On May 27, 2018
FreeConCiencE:

I feel pity for whoever that will be your wife. You are the type that knows nothing but thinks he knows it all.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by FreeConCiencE: 9:11pm On May 27, 2018
victorian:

Do you think all men are authoritative and a dictator like you.
News flash not all men.. And the matured ones who treats their wives with respect last longer in marriage than people. Like you.

Go to the village and marry a maid u can talk down on. Not nowadays women.

And people are marrying every Saturday. You can't stop them from. Marrying.

Whether you take it or leave it, the truth is that men are the authorities in their homes and the wife and children should submit to the authorities. That is the teaching of the Bible, the Quran and even the culture of the land. I don't believe in maltreating the women or relegating women to the background, but let us call a spade a spade. Like I said, your husband is the authority, he is the head and you should submit to him if you want to have a successful marriage. For your information, I don't smoke, I don't womanize, I don't take alcohol. I just bought a new venza for my wife and I am still using my "" drop light camry ". This is so, because my wife see me as the head and the authority. She respect me. I don't fail in my responsibilities and she doesn't fail in hers too. Our children are doing fine. If you want to have a home please see your husband as the authority and the head. Where there is need for you to be carried along in decision making, he will do. And don't inculcate the mentality that women are equal partners with their husbands in your daughters. If you do, it will affect them later in life.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by FreeConCiencE: 9:16pm On May 27, 2018
sunjai:
I feel pity for whoever that will be your wife. You are the type that knows nothing but thinks he knows it all.

Whether you take it or leave it, the truth is that men are the authorities in their homes and the wife and children should submit to the authorities. That is the teaching of the Bible, the Quran and even the culture of the land. I don't believe in maltreating the women or relegating women to the background, but let us call a spade a spade. Like I said, your husband is the authority, he is the head and you should submit to him if you want to have a successful marriage. For your information, I don't smoke, I don't womanize, I don't take alcohol. I just bought a new venza for my wife and I am still using my "" drop light camry ". This is so, because my wife see me as the head and the authority. She respect me. I don't fail in my responsibilities and she doesn't fail in hers too. Our children are doing fine. If you want to have a home please see your husband as the authority and the head. Where there is need for you to be carried along in decision making, he will do. And don't inculcate the mentality that women are equal partners with their husbands in your daughters. If you do, it will affect them later in life.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Bigdeeee: 9:18pm On May 27, 2018
Ivorianaija:

The earliest humans/neanderthals had physically bigger brains that filled the full capacity of their skull but their brains still lacked strength in their cerebral cortex, and hippocampus.

Good point but it still doesn’t negate the fact than men (in whatever time or dimension) are superior to women. In fact, this further corroborates it. FYI, male Neanderthals and male Denisovans were naturally bigger and stronger than the females, and they males dominated the clans even though as a species they were partners in conquering their environment together. So in relative comparison, it’s still the same - males ruled the world then, males are ruling the world now; males were superior then, [fast forward evolution], males are still superior now. This is the natural order of Life with humans.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by victorian(f): 9:20pm On May 27, 2018
FreeConCiencE:

Haba! Boss! This is what u would have said since nah. cool

Now you are talking grin

You bought her Venza, you fulfil your responsibilities at home.. You don't cheat or disrespect her. Tell me, which woman won't be submissive to such treats.. She will naw?
Na Now you arrive.

She will be as quiet as a mouse and complete her wifely and motherly duties everyday.

When wise men take care of their wives and kids in all ramifications, peace and order is restored automatically.

Now I also respect you. That's it. No long story.

Not those men who feel with just dick alone they are automatic heads.. angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Did She Bring Me Luck Or Just Coincidence? / The Best Response To 'You Just Forget Me'? / The Travails Of Mature Single Men And Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.