Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? (34137 Views)

"This Is Our Husband" - 4 Beautiful Wives Proudly Flaunt Their Husband (video) / Except She's Your Wife, Don't Give Her Car, Iphone 13, House, As A Romantic Gift / Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Ivorianaija(f): 9:23pm On May 27, 2018
Bigdeeee:

Good point but it still doesn’t negate the fact than men (in whatever time or dimension) are superior to women. In fact, this further corroborates it. FYI, male Neanderthals and male Denisovans were naturally bigger and stronger than the females, and they males dominated the clans even though as a species they were partners in conquering their environment together. So relative comparison, it’s still the same - males ruled the world then, males are ruling the world now; males were superior then, [fast forward evolution], males are still superior now. This is the natural order of Life with humans.

You still don't have proof for mentally stronger. You keep bringing up points for physical strength, which I completely agree with because there is evidence of that.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Ivorianaija(f): 9:28pm On May 27, 2018
Bigdeeee:

Good point but it still doesn’t negate the fact than men (in whatever time or dimension) are superior to women. In fact, this further corroborates it. FYI, male Neanderthals and male Denisovans were naturally bigger and stronger than the females, and they males dominated the clans even though as a species they were partners in conquering their environment together. So in relative comparison, it’s still the same - males ruled the world then, males are ruling the world now; males were superior then, [fast forward evolution], males are still superior now. This is the natural order of Life with humans.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by FreeConCiencE: 9:29pm On May 27, 2018
ImaIma1:

Culture, God and morality don't support the woman footing the whole bill. Let's start from there.

In all i have said, i have not said a woman should not submit. In fact i said it is not negotiable.

It is just that some men bully and maltreat their wives and pin it on submission. That is not how it works.

I didn't say anything to polish my point. It is the attitude of a lot of men to lord over their wives and show their authority as the husband and man of the house and i have seen it happen.

Men that are always enforcing their authority have most likely done something to lose the respect of their wives.

Nobody is saying God, culture or morality support woman footing the whole bills, but if she is capable of doing of doing it and the husband is not, God, culture and morality demand she foot the bills on behalf of the husband. Even if she does that, she should still submit to her husband and see him as the authority. It's such a woman you call woman of virtues. Nobody is supporting maltreatment of women and living an irresponsible life as a womanizer, drunkard or smoker. But I repeat, the husband is the authority, is the dictator and he is the head that all the other family members should respect. Where there is need to carry his wife along, he will do. That makes him a man.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 27, 2018
We respect you but please men learn to mean your apologies and no matter how angry you get never forget that you both love each other it’s only anger and whatever you do to your respective families affect you both today and tomorrow
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by sunjai(f): 9:35pm On May 27, 2018
FreeConCiencE:

Whether you take it or leave it, the truth is that men are the authorities in their homes and the wife and children should submit to the authorities. That is the teaching of the Bible, the Quran and even the culture of the land. I don't believe in maltreating the women or relegating women to the background, but let us call a spade a spade. Like I said, your husband is the authority, he is the head and you should submit to him if you want to have a successful marriage. For your information, I don't smoke, I don't womanize, I don't take alcohol. I just bought a new venza for my wife and I am still using my "" drop light camry ". This is so, because my wife see me as the head and the authority. She respect me. I don't fail in my responsibilities and she doesn't fail in hers too. Our children are doing fine. If you want to have a home please see your husband as the authority and the head. Where there is need for you to be carried along in decision making, he will do. And don't inculcate the mentality that women are equal partners with their husbands in your daughters. If you do, it will affect them later in life.
sorry but I'm not a feminist. and again, I never said husband's are not the head of the family neither am I in support of ladies disrespecting their husbands. all I'm pointing out is that husbands should not use the opportunity of being the head to treat their wives as slaves. in as much as wives ought to bid to their husband's commands, the husband in turn should treat and speak to the wife wife with respect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by divineappo(m): 9:39pm On May 27, 2018
because that honour and respect now goes to their pastor cum spiritual father

Imagine ur a wife telling her husband that she will follow what Daddy in the Lord says, and not what husband says
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by dododawa1: 9:40pm On May 27, 2018
Women only respect their Spiritual FATHERS only.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by ImaIma1(f): 9:43pm On May 27, 2018
Ivorianaija:

I would like you to elaborate on your point that submission is non-negotiable. It depends what one person wants and what the other is willing to give.

Elaborate that a woman should submit to her husband?

It means that a wife should submit to her husband.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Ivorianaija(f): 9:43pm On May 27, 2018
ImaIma1:

Elaborate that a woman should submit to her husband?

It means that a wife should submit to her husband.

Why do you think so?
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Ivorianaija(f): 9:51pm On May 27, 2018
To be honest, feminism is about women being able to have a choice in how they want their life to be, a woman shouldn't have to be submissive but if she wants to she can. She has the choice to.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Rocktation(f): 9:53pm On May 27, 2018
Op, I don't think I've ever seen a picture more stupid than the one you attached to this post...is all I need to say!
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Bigdeeee: 9:56pm On May 27, 2018
Ivorianaija:

You still don't have proof for mentally stronger. You keep bringing up points for physical strength, which I completely agree with because there is evidence of that.

Connectcome mapping of the brain shows that male and female brains are wired differently. Males are wired to think more, females are wired to communicate more, to mention a few. Which do you think will be smarter, generally speaking: a brain that’s mainly wired to think or a brain that’s wired to communicate?

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Ivorianaija(f): 9:59pm On May 27, 2018
Bigdeeee:

Connectcome mapping of the brain shows that male and female brains are wired differently. Males are wired to think more, females are wired to communicate more, to mention a few. Which do you think will be smarter, generally speaking: a brain that’s mainly wired to think or a brain that’s wired to communicate?

Please state your sources, this could be a study from the University of Fake Study and I wouldn't know.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by ImaIma1(f): 10:04pm On May 27, 2018
FreeConCiencE:

Nobody is saying God, culture or morality support woman footing the whole bills, but if she is capable of doing of doing it and the husband is not, God, culture and morality demand she foot the bills on behalf of the husband. Even if she does that, she should still submit to her husband and see him as the authority. It's such a woman you call woman of virtues. Nobody is supporting maltreatment of women and living an irresponsible life as a womanizer, drunkard or smoker. But I repeat, the husband is the authority, is the dictator and he is the head that all the other family members should respect. Where there is need to carry his wife along, he will do. That makes him a man.

If the roles are switched and the woman takes the role of the man as the provider (according to the bible) don't you think we can also switch up the submission and authority part too?

And nope...the man is not a dictator in his house. It is not the way the Bible described it. The woman is meant to submit but the equation does not end there. If you read further, it says the man should love his wife.

Then when you read 1 Corinthians 13 that talks about love, you will realize that a husband cannot be a dictator if he claims to love. You will understand how a husband and wife should live.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Bigdeeee: 10:13pm On May 27, 2018
Ivorianaija:

Please state your sources, this could be a study from the University of Fake Study and I wouldn't know.

Ok, it’s fake. Do your own research!
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by ImaIma1(f): 10:17pm On May 27, 2018
Ivorianaija:

Why do you think so?

The Bible says a woman should submit to her husband while a man should love his wife.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Ivorianaija(f): 10:21pm On May 27, 2018
ImaIma1:

The Bible says a woman should submit to her husband while a man should love his wife.

The Bible is an illegitimate source to form your opinion from.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by samsam2019: 10:22pm On May 27, 2018
Pataricatering:
his two inch dck ? I doubt it’s big enough to be sucked ! Maybe just licked ?
we are talking about our fathers here, not your dad

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by msylva2147(m): 10:30pm On May 27, 2018
victorian:
Don't you people get tired?
Women this, women that!
Women are leeches, women are whores, women are evil, women are lazy.

Now, Women are now doing their own thing, you men are still complaining.

Smhhh.

When una taya, you people will go and rest. Life continues.
we will only get tired when you people stop requesting for a man to settle down with.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 27, 2018
Pataricatering:
ots obvious you haven’t been anywhere , from your level of exposure !you sound so dumb !

You know little fools like you think they know something. Go to middle east where they don't even allow their women to drive and preach your trash to them.

I don't know where you people got all this inspiration from? it's just crazy.

Why I decide to respond exclusively to you is that; one of my of my ex told me her daughter has a registration issue. Checked on you and discovered that the name seems familiar. Your mum is as useless as you are. it runs in the family

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by don4real18(m): 10:36pm On May 27, 2018
Ivorianaija:
To be honest, feminism is about women being able to have a choice in how they want their life to be, a woman shouldn't have to be submissive but if she wants to she can. She has the choice to.
Then she shouldn't get married
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by lovethchioma(f): 10:39pm On May 27, 2018
MMotimo:

Posts like this are the reason why Naija women need to do more to resist autocrats in dating before they end up in marriage. I wish the Naija men whose "loud, disrespectful" wives have aided their development would talk more so ignorant posts like this do not propagate such embarrassing nonsense.

Marriage is a partnership not a servant-master relationship. Having an opinion does not = disrespect
Please tell him. Sometimes I get scared of getting married because of people with mentality like this. Thank goodness it isn't all men that have such mentality...
Marriage isn't a master to servant relationship so I wonder where all these are coming from.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by victorian(f): 10:44pm On May 27, 2018
msylva2147:
we will only get tired when you people stop requesting for a man to settle down with.

Are u for real? cheesy

Who is requesting? Maybe the women u roll with.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by ImaIma1(f): 10:44pm On May 27, 2018
Ivorianaija:

The Bible is an illegitimate source to form your opinion from.

Yep.

Even atheists quote the Bible when it comes to wives submitting.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by Ivorianaija(f): 10:47pm On May 27, 2018
ImaIma1:

Yep.

Even atheists quote the Bible when it comes to wives submitting.

Those aren't atheists those are agnostics. An atheist wouldn't quote the bible.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by msylva2147(m): 11:00pm On May 27, 2018
eyinjuege:
A woman is a human being first with her own emotions, feelings, ideas. She is a person.
Same as a child, but unlike a child she is very capable of making her own decisions.
She also knows what she wants and what will be beneficial to her. It's time to dialogue and negotiate with your wife, a fellow human with a brain. Not give instructions like a Lord. She will rebel, especially when you're not her parent.

I quite agree with you on this but one thing I want you to know is a lady can stay with her her guy in courtship for years and remained submissive but as soon as she has become a wife, that's when she will start coming up with all this gender equality bulshit. But before the marriage when you tell her this is what you don't want and this is what she will agree with you and try to avoid anything that will make you to change your mind. Most of the ladies are just wicked because they won't show you their real colour so as to know if you can cope with them for the rest of your life or not, after allowing you to spend huge amount of money to marry them they will now start giving you the cause to start looking for another woman to marry.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by msylva2147(m): 11:06pm On May 27, 2018
victorian:

Are u for real? cheesy

Who is requesting? Maybe the women u roll with.
I guess we soon see your tears here for that same purpose, stop pretending.
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by msylva2147(m): 11:07pm On May 27, 2018
Amarabae:
So your wife is like a slave that you order around?
If any young man goes into marriage with this your mentality, such a person will never enjoy the marriage.
Whenever you see a married man nagging about "submission" then know that there is no affection in his marriage,
When there is an affection in the marriage, it will take nothing for a wife who is doing a laundry chores to take her husband's wears and wash off especially if the man is the busy type.
She is not washing it because it is a law but because of Love.
Building and maintaining affection in marriage should be the aim of anybody married and not all this submission thing.
you still have a long way to go
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by thedio(m): 11:09pm On May 27, 2018
FreeConCiencE:

Whether you take it or leave it, the truth is that men are the authorities in their homes and the wife and children should submit to the authorities. That is the teaching of the Bible, the Quran and even the culture of the land. I don't believe in maltreating the women or relegating women to the background, but let us call a spade a spade. Like I said, your husband is the authority, he is the head and you should submit to him if you want to have a successful marriage. For your information, I don't smoke, I don't womanize, I don't take alcohol. I just bought a new venza for my wife and I am still using my "" drop light camry ". This is so, because my wife see me as the head and the authority. She respect me. I don't fail in my responsibilities and she doesn't fail in hers too. Our children are doing fine. If you want to have a home please see your husband as the authority and the head. Where there is need for you to be carried along in decision making, he will do. And don't inculcate the mentality that women are equal partners with their husbands in your daughters. If you do, it will affect them later in life.
U r on point man unless she marries a dullard,a man who cant make a right decision at the right time she can take responsibility and make decision for him
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by victorian(f): 11:12pm On May 27, 2018
msylva2147:
I guess we soon see your tears here for that same purpose, stop pretending.

Tears indeed.

I don't need to pretend. I rather be single than be desperate to even date or marry a clueless irresponsible man.

And inbetween

Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by ImaIma1(f): 11:14pm On May 27, 2018
Ivorianaija:

Those aren't atheists those are agnostics. An atheist wouldn't quote the bible.

But they would talk about wives submitting. Where do they get that from? The atheists holy book?
Re: Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? by msylva2147(m): 11:17pm On May 27, 2018
Ivorianaija:

Exactly what I'm saying, equal responsibilities. If I invited you out I will pay, and we live in a house together therefore we will both clean and pay for all things 50/50.
and how many women do you think are willing to do that? I seen cases of women who are working, earning more than their husbands yet they expect the husband to pay children 's school fees, house rent and medical bills etc. When you are you are talking this gender equality, it is not in Nigeria or Africa. It is only when it comes to house chores that Nigerian women brings in the issue of gender equality but when you talk about footing a bill that's when they will remind you of you being the head of the family.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Imo Brothels Raise Task Force To Sanitise Prostitution / Did She Bring Me Luck Or Just Coincidence? / The Best Response To 'You Just Forget Me'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.