Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

How Do You Deal With A Breakup? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Deal With A Breakup? (31307 Views)

7 Unavoidable Regrets People Have After A Breakup / 11 Terrible Mistakes You Should Never Make After A Breakup / 5 Tips On How Guys Should Handle A Breakup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by AmeLonRo(m): 1:01am On Jun 18, 2018
A friend said his gf told him he would cry in the morning angrily and his mother died in the evening. What kind of girlfriend is she, does she have some super power?
Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by DiracRex: 1:09am On Jun 18, 2018
"BIG BOYS DON'T CRY"

He needs to remember the saying 'shit happens, get over it & move on'
He should get his asses up and hit the street, talk & relate with as many random babes as possible.

He should also spend quality time with his male friends. With time, he will bounce back.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by deanxy: 1:10am On Jun 18, 2018
ObeyPaul:
I broke up with girlfriend yesterday since then have been listening to trap music. I want to try smoking weed
Really?
Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by Haryor197: 1:25am On Jun 18, 2018
Why Samsung thinks fingers are the future
Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by Haryor197: 1:26am On Jun 18, 2018
windows.alart
Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by muelzik(m): 1:53am On Jun 18, 2018
LOL
Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by holusormi(m): 2:01am On Jun 18, 2018
Synord:
Hmmn.

I remember vividly , the memories are still Crystal clear like iPhone 8 images and the pain runs deep in my heart like arteries..
The moments are still engraved in my mind like Okorocha's statues and the fights/drama embedded in my medulla like hai hai is embedded in small doctor's mouth..

it happened in the year 2014, a year I can never forget in a hurry ..

I dated This girl for 5 years..Five good years. I could have studied a course and graduated from the university with the time I invested in the relationship .

Sometimes I still miss her like the way Messi does with Penalties.

She was everything ..My heart ..My love..My Queen , My Baby

..She had this radiant smile that could lighten up anyone's mood. She is intelligent , patient,God fearing,cooks well,dances well , neat, sociable, attractive, Perfect dress sense with the most amazing physique I have ever seen.

Anita was everything a man could wish for ..The way she walked,talked, loved and fuc ked ... Kasa !!!! ...she was the 9th wonder of the world to me..

and when she wears that particular red dress with the Jesus rosary hanging in between her two succulent mammary glands and she calls me by my first name in that seductive " toolz o " kinda tone and her orgasm bringing British accent as she slowly rolls her tongue and puts her finger in her mouth while touching her round and succulent buttocks made of the softest extraction of flesh I have seen ,

I totally forget myself and lose control ( in Peruzzi's voice) .At that moment, I know I just have to make paradise because I was already tasting version 1.0 with Anita here.

is it her sparkling white teeth ? , her daily teasing of me being the most handsome man she has ever seen , her dirty talks, when she motivates me to achieve a lot of things I achieved , she teaches me, corrects me in love , how she handles me when I am angry at her ,she knows my weak points , She knows how to garnish my favorite dishes, she is never insecure,jealous or violent ..How she sold her Father's motorcycle to help me with a business I invested in, burned candles with me in school, shunned a lot of richer and more good looking guys for me .....

Damn !!!!

she could literally die for me !!!

Anita...

Anita..

Not until 2014 when the unthinkable happened..

Did I get over Anita ??

yes I did !!! How the hell I did is a story for another day probably..

P:S I think it is more painful or difficult to get over a person after breakup when

1) you unavoidably see the person everyday / once a week / frequently

2) when the. reason for break up is petty/ not cheating/ something that can be easily resolved

3) there is no other better option/person on ground

4) The partner moved on to a better person in terms of looks, money or status

5) When you really really love the person

6) when you are broke grin

7) When the sex is Ogorodomdom

cool when you guys are meant for each other ..

You clearly are not over her yet , with you ‘stewpid’ long post

@poster , he should have sex with another woman ASAP , the reason he’s hung is probably because he’s an introvert , finds it hard approaching other ladies so he thinks he won’t see anyone else , it’s his brain playing tricks on him

Nobody is irreplaceable .. nobody!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by dopechoks(m): 2:20am On Jun 18, 2018
just dealing with mine....

its a little over. month now...and who says its only weak men that weep? as human beings, we are created differently. some are created to love...

I'm young guy with big dreams and this lady fits in whatever plan I have for myself until the unexpected happened..
I cried when it dawned on me that I had lost her already, see its better to cry if you're the type that cries, it helps..

at first I thought it was the end of the world cos I loved her with all my heart, but I just had to face reality and move on...first I deleted her contacts, her pictures, every chat we had, deleted that of her friends too...I read some articles online and they really helped...I also had to pick up new interests, new hobbies, even had to get a new pet...

well I can't say I have really gotten over her, but its been a month and some days now, and I think I'm doing fine...I believe no one is indispensable... all he needs is time, it heals wounds

peace

14 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by Nobody: 2:38am On Jun 18, 2018
yinkeys:

Funny. Can he handle rejection
Nothing there to handle.
When u begin to see rejection as nothing then u will realise its really that nothing... Rejection is a normal thing that's the first thing u should learn & let sink in u, staying rejected & dwelling in the vibe/energy of rejection is the problem. At some point we get rejected not just in relationships but in life generallly & a lot of times we also get quickly accepted by those who initially rejected us. So that mentality of how to handle rejection is all in ur head.. Bro there is no big deal about being rejected. Personally rejection is the last thing i worry about. Always see past that imaginary blockade u place in front of u called rejection... Instead learn from it. U are not meant to be loved & accepted by everyone If our Lord was & is still being constantly rejected by those he died for even when he does miracles & little/ big wonders daily for all to see... Come be u when dey reason rejection.. Everything is in ur mind bro.. Fix ur mind first & all these imaginary problems will even make u laugh & give u ginger to fire on!!!

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by Nobody: 2:49am On Jun 18, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Cry
Sleep
Listen to Celine Dion
Cry
Sleep
Cry
Cry
Cry.....

U will just be complicating ur health & life for someone who's not even worth sh!t...

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by zicoraads: 3:06am On Jun 18, 2018
RosaBerry:
Thank you. He is reading it
He is still holding onto the memory. There is still something about her that he doesn't want to let go. He needs to let go of her...totally. Remove her from all his social media and delete her number. If he can afford it, he should enrol in a new learning experience. Learn how to sew, take photos, play chess or scrabble etc. He should try to go out more.. Meet new people and create new memories.

He'll get over her...eventually. Some are just too awesome. When they leave, it takes a longer period getting over how much they touched our lives. But time heals everything.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by zicoraads: 3:09am On Jun 18, 2018
Funny how some 'kids' think having sex helps you forget cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by DonroxyII: 3:12am On Jun 18, 2018
RosaBerry:
Asking for a brother who has really tried all he could to get over a relationship of 4years.

How is the best way to deal with a break up.

Lol I didn't even know that boys can cry. Chai

Life is not permanent , Our heart should be dedicated to someone who really cherished it and not someone whom we cherish but never cherish us !!

Love is a two way and must be a mutual adventure therefore if there are logjam along the way ......

I just shake my head and Move the fvck on .... There are other many beautiful things in live than to cry over stupid things .....

When you cry and cry over a ant bite, what are you gonna do if a lion should bite you

If I were you, I will use reverse psychology for your bro and Insult the hell outa him by tagging him a pvssy !!!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by AreaFada2: 3:34am On Jun 18, 2018
Time.

Time is the only healer.

Burning her pictures or whatever does not help. Running away from it does not.

Yes it will hurt. Badly even. One cannot rationalize it or see the positive side of it. You can only do that much later.

Best is to face it. You loved her. Maybe even saw a future with her.

It is like grieving. It is a loss after all. Talk to someone. Do not try to be a strong guy. Let it out. Cry if you have to.

But she's gone now. She will live her life. With someone else. You have to live yours too. With someone else in due course.

Such is life. More important is the lessons you have learnt from it. You will be a better man for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by Nobody: 3:36am On Jun 18, 2018
Fussbot:
All those saying f**k other girls are kids or Or maybe they've never been in love. It transcends sex. When I broke up with my main chick, sorry when she broke up with me, lol.. I would be strafing other girls and still think of her! Men can easily separate love from sex. Tell him to mourn. It's normal. But he is a man and must wake up to the reality ! Yea another man is currently f***ng her.. hahaha and yeah he is better than him... lol lol... these thoughts are normal. He needs not rush into another relationship. But should not mourn for long... Just a p**y with maybe few good qualities. There are a lot of them on earth. Cheers!
U are definitely still a kid to make that first sentence. True Love exists & its a lot different from ur hollywood spec (romeo & juliet or jack & rose) these are for dreaming kids like u not yet ready to wake up to reality. If u truly have loved like u say u would have understood her enough (the girl who crushed ur little heart) to know when she's changing & tending towards ending it all.. But for where.. u were blind with the idea that she is the one missing rib for u & can do u no wrong. Now u know better.. What u could have fixed in time fixed u up. What u term love is just mutual lust with lots of fondness & mutual attraction with each others personality.. Even the so called real love can be nurtured to exist where it doesn't. So i can't be far from the truth when i say love exists / exist not.. All through a persons life we would have loved over over 5 people . So if u cannot understand at ur age(whatever it is) that love is just a feeling then OYO. NL is filled with so many little ones who take for granted these golden nuggets we give out based on first hand experiences.. If i have never been there i wouldn't know what i know today & if i had known then what i know now lolzzz... Mourn all u want for the dead love but in the end u will realise u wasted ur time & energy for nothing.. Yes it hurts when ur used to being with someone & then all of a sudden u realise its over... The times shared, bond built, battles fought together, good,bad & trying times & ooh yes the crazy mind blowing sex...all down the drain... Nigga its life & ur punk ass just got served..now move the fvck over or get run over by it.. Life goes on regardless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by Nobody: 4:01am On Jun 18, 2018
For all those ignorant posters with nothing to say but continue harping on the fact i or some other person advised the op to indulge in sex... Open ur head very well. I am not claiming that just sex with other girls will make heal. The important thing here is his indulging himself in something anything & i used sex because i deduced from the story that the boy in question is not really used to the ways of women & probably still worships them like a lot of u guys here forming what i dont even want to talk about. His timidity towards the opposite sex made me come up with that method so that the first thing he needs to learn is theres no big deal with what he's going through & its unhealthy to dwell on it. If he was a naturally sharp dude with little understanding of the ways of women he wouldn't be wasting his energy crying & mourning over any woman who has decided to leave him for someone good enough to handle her He would have engaged in something meaningful to take his mind & channel his energies positively.. I saw a post today & for the first time i saw a real guy on NL going through stuff that can happen to anyone... But he handled it like a man should:
https://www.nairaland.com/4565293/how-trust-girlfriend-again

All these kids getting confused because of a girl should visit that thread abeg u will learn something.. Don't be forming Don of NL when u can't even understand the simplest thing that love dies & life goes on & dwelling in the past never helped nobody..

I believe i am done here
Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by greatbuc(m): 4:21am On Jun 18, 2018
Is he working? Can he manage a family or ready to marry? If not why is he crying? You don't plan other peoples lives even if they've promised together forever bullshit. Stop being silly, and the next girl you see, make sure you give her assurance! Twins! Boom! Let her run, her family members will draw her back
Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by greatbuc(m): 4:21am On Jun 18, 2018
Note that not all opinions should be followed by the letter. a little disclaimer!
Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by Nobody: 4:26am On Jun 18, 2018
dairykidd:
If he likes he burns & bury every memory of her & still doesn't go out to mingle & chase new chicks he will always be haunted by those memories.. So let him start getting out & connect with new babes everyday, if he's lucky he might fvck some.. But the bottom line is he should mingle deeply with all the sexy beautiful girls available including ur friends cool From the way u sounded seems he's more of an introvert & doesn't socialize much wtf would he be crying over her because they broke up & she's probably fvcking someone openly whom she's been fvcking on the low Well don't get me wrong some niggaz can be way too sensitive & the only way for him to shed that skin & come out refined is to get on the wild side by doing stuff he has always been shying away from.. And the first thing is start meeting & asking random chicks out on dates whether it clicks or not.. And do not deny ur friends the opportunity of participating... He won't even remember his ex anymore after the first 3months if done right cheesy
No matter how much activity he engages in, the feelings will cow rushing back as soon as he finds himself alone again. It's only time that can heal those wounds. His best bet is to find someone else who can be a friend and companion; and who knows, something good might come out of it. With time, he will get over the hurt.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by Nobody: 4:39am On Jun 18, 2018
Vickygarl:

No matter how much activity he engages in, the feelings will cow rushing back as soon as he finds himself alone again. It's only time that can heal those wounds. His best bet is to find someone else who can be a friend and companion; and who knows, something good might come out of it. With time, he will get over the hurt.
Yeah true that but engaging himself with something other than feeling sad & sorry for himself would quicken the time.. Finding a friends is good but a single friend of the opposite sex as a companion after such a break up will be recipe for disaster.. Trust me
Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by Nobody: 4:42am On Jun 18, 2018
dairykidd:

Yeah true that but engaging himself with something other than feeling sad & sorry for himself would quicken the time.. Finding a friends is good but a single friend of the opposite sex as a companion after such a break up will be recipe for disaster.. Trust me
Nope. Not if they are both matured enough to know what they want. They can hang out and spend time together, thereby serving as a source of distraction from the hurt feelings.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by Nobody: 4:48am On Jun 18, 2018
Cuddlebugie:

Why does our society think it's wrong for men to cry?
Why are our men told to “take it like a man”, repress their emotions and hide their tears?
Crying isn't always a sign of weakness.

Anyway, whether it’s an amicable breakup or a horrible, crash-and-burn situation, time heals it all.
With time, he'll get over the hurt.

I'd rather get hit by a cow than to cry. When a man cries he means that sh.it.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by paulsan(m): 4:54am On Jun 18, 2018
if the reason of why they break off'' was because of bridge of policies which make him solemly think deep down that he cannot go back to re-do the relationship again for painful reasons. Then he should fight himself both spiritually, morally and above all talk to God for solutions.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by deybholar(f): 5:20am On Jun 18, 2018
Allow him cry out his pain. It helps to ease the built up emotion. It would feel like his heart is about to explode but it wont. Time heals all wounds. Give time some time.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by Nobody: 5:20am On Jun 18, 2018
RosaBerry:
Thank you. He is reading it
let him get really busy.i swear he wld be surprised by d way he wld forget her
Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by tbliss22(m): 5:26am On Jun 18, 2018
Synord:
Hmmn.

I remember vividly , the memories are still Crystal clear like iPhone 8 images and the pain runs deep in my heart like arteries..
The moments are still engraved in my mind like Okorocha's statues and the fights/drama embedded in my medulla like hai hai is embedded in small doctor's mouth..

it happened in the year 2014, a year I can never forget in a hurry ..

I dated This girl for 5 years..Five good years. I could have studied a course and graduated from the university with the time I invested in the relationship .

Sometimes I still miss her like the way Messi does with Penalties.

She was everything ..My heart ..My love..My Queen , My Baby

..She had this radiant smile that could lighten up anyone's mood. She is intelligent , patient,God fearing,cooks well,dances well , neat, sociable, attractive, Perfect dress sense with the most amazing physique I have ever seen.

Anita was everything a man could wish for ..The way she walked,talked, loved and fuc ked ... Kasa !!!! ...she was the 9th wonder of the world to me..

and when she wears that particular red dress with the Jesus rosary hanging in between her two succulent mammary glands and she calls me by my first name in that seductive " toolz o " kinda tone and her orgasm bringing British accent as she slowly rolls her tongue and puts her finger in her mouth while touching her round and succulent buttocks made of the softest extraction of flesh I have seen ,

I totally forget myself and lose control ( in Peruzzi's voice) .At that moment, I know I just have to make paradise because I was already tasting version 1.0 with Anita here.

is it her sparkling white teeth ? , her daily teasing of me being the most handsome man she has ever seen , her dirty talks, when she motivates me to achieve a lot of things I achieved , she teaches me, corrects me in love , how she handles me when I am angry at her ,she knows my weak points , She knows how to garnish my favorite dishes, she is never insecure,jealous or violent ..How she sold her Father's motorcycle to help me with a business I invested in, burned candles with me in school, shunned a lot of richer and more good looking guys for me .....

Damn !!!!

she could literally die for me !!!

Anita...

Anita..

Not until 2014 when the unthinkable happened..

Did I get over Anita ??

yes I did !!! How the hell I did is a story for another day probably..

P:S I think it is more painful or difficult to get over a person after breakup when

1) you unavoidably see the person everyday / once a week / frequently

2) when the. reason for break up is petty/ not cheating/ something that can be easily resolved

3) there is no other better option/person on ground

4) The partner moved on to a better person in terms of looks, money or status

5) When you really really love the person

6) when you are broke grin

7) When the sex is Ogorodomdom

cool when you guys are meant for each other ..

Bros u can write for Africa sha grin grin grin..... Ah meeeeeen!! I just have to skip to get down to the end.

I don't just know why, it's pretty difficult to swim in pool of crazy love of this nature, in fact such don't exist to me.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by aywhy93(m): 5:26am On Jun 18, 2018
whizqueen:

sorry namesake, you shall find love again! embarassed

I Know I'll Be Truly Happy Again soon, even if i don't find love. I Just want to be truly happy again. Thank you for the encouragement. embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by Drlazy333: 5:32am On Jun 18, 2018
gona advice u from personal experience, firstly know that is OK to be in such an emotional pain or stress, it dosent make you less a man
secomdly settle down and mentally go through the whole relationship and the whole process of breakup( this might be painful u know)
then sincerely forgive yourself ( u must have contributed to what lead to the break up if your sincere enough)
then sincerely forgive her, wish her well and let her go because one desire of any ex is the see the other person stock with them, so don't let that happen
it's a matter of time u will be fine, heartbreak no dey kill bro

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by netflicks(m): 5:44am On Jun 18, 2018
Make a lot of money..rich nigz don't give a f**k
Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by momove4real25(f): 5:45am On Jun 18, 2018
Cuddlebugie:

Why does our society think it's wrong for men to cry?
Why are our men told to “take it like a man”, repress their emotions and hide their tears?
Crying isn't always a sign of weakness.

Anyway, whether it’s an amicable breakup or a horrible, crash-and-burn situation, time heals it all.
With time, he'll get over the hurt.
it depnds on d relationship. Time doesn't heal d tru love break ups
Re: How Do You Deal With A Breakup? by williamdeluxe(m): 5:47am On Jun 18, 2018
How to get over a break up.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Narrates How Friend Of 20 Years Dumped Her / My Girlfriend Wants Space Cos I Am Broke / Attitude Some Ladies Portray That Show They Are Only Good For Dating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.