Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,017 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it (101732 Views)

'I Regret Pushing My Husband To Move Us From Okota To Lekki Phase 1' - Woman / I Earn 180k Plus Side Hussle, but got an Offer Of 350k In Jos / Wife Orders Husband To Sleep With Her Mum In Zimbabwe (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by abescom: 8:20pm On Jun 24, 2018
sanpipita:

She said the land was developed, now imagine a land with natural resources like oil, I come from an oil producing place, oil corps pay over the top for lands worth nothing when they were bought, its hard to see anyone sell his land for less profit.
Stop trying to justify your error. Just admit it.

If it was the case she would have said it. And she said other places, she is lying. End off.
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by eyinjuege: 8:23pm On Jun 24, 2018
This is 2018.
Any woman still waiting for a man to make certain decisions for her is on a long thing. Of course a wise person weighs every advice given by others. But the ultimate decision should lie with you.
Nobody can love you like you love yourself. Take control of your life.
Of course, as with everything in life, we are allowed to make mistakes. Own your mistakes and learn from them. It's another experience under your cap. We can also learn from the mistakes of others.
Be fair in your dealings, learn to use that sense you have even though it's not as common as we think
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by BabaO2: 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2018
dealslip:

Please stop saying what you don't know. Lekki phase 1 was allocated at 7,000 in the mid to late 80s. Uptill 2001/2 land on Admiralty Road was average of 10m and inside was 4-7million depending on the proximity to Admiralty road. My parents invested in the late 80s. So please don't just write off because you don't know.
yes, you know nothing. Land in question is not Lekki phase1, even Lekki phase1 that was allocated to ur parent was not at 350K, it was way back in the 80s and how much is Lekki phase1 now? She probably was talking of a land bought in 2000s, that was the price at that time but she needs to be bold enough to mention location before I reveal the current price.
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by sanpipita(m): 8:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
abescom:
Stop trying to justify your error. Just admit it.

If it was the case she would have said it. And she said other places, she is lying. End off.

My error? whether she lied isnt on me, im not responsible for whatever she said, my opinion is from my personal experience not hers, if you noticed I gave you pointers too.
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by frozen70(f): 8:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
ClassRep001:
That's a real man out there.
Not all these modern chicken hearted men who'd go to any extent to please a woman cos of pussy.

My wife dare not purchase any goddamn shit without my consent or she'd end up in her father's house the next day.
I married her, i paid her dowry, i took care of all of marriage bills. I own the house she's living under. She dare not do anything under my roof without my consent, she dare not possess any Property "be it phones, clothes, necklaces or shoes" without me knowing about it.

Giving ladies "free hand" to do anything is one of the reason that makes them go into sleeping outside for financial reasons without their husband questioning their moves.

God bless every real man out there!

Keep deceiving yourself na you go tire
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
Mklancee:
350k to 120m in how many years?
must you lie to prove your point?
have seen 300k to 18 million, but this girl own na lie.

1 Like

Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by abescom: 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2018
sanpipita:

My error? whether she lied isnt on me, im not responsible for whatever she said, my opinion is from my personal experience not hers, if you noticed I gave you pointers too.
no land bought for 350k is worth 150m in less than 30 years. And that's me being generous.

1 Like

Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2018
Women are to only submit to men with wisdom and not men without common sense

2 Likes

Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by feelmeTy: 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2018
SMART PARENTS AND FOOLISH DAUGHTER, THIS ONE DON TURN POTENTIAL DIVORCÉE OOO

Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by Reference(m): 8:46pm On Jun 24, 2018
But how come the dad even knew about the land purchase in the first place. Did she require his assistance or what because I cannot understand what concerns the husband's investment decisions with the wife and vise-versa. I want to think there is more to this story and more likely it involves the broader family, perhaps the 'sacrificial aspects of investments' which should be the only corporate decisions between both parties.

My mum bought, rented and leased at various times to further her business interests without issues with my dad whatsoever. No one ordinarily opposes this. The problem usually comes when mixing business with the pleasures of family life. For instance the woman buys a land to move the family without a lot of considerations can cause problems but as an investment, no. The average man will be pleased his wife is moving up, just like a man from humble backgrounds pleased his wife for instance opens a bank account for the first time.

..... or folks, am I missing something here because this sounds so strange to me. I mean there are women who inherit estates thoughtless of an ordinary plot of land and my kids male and/or female will be entitled to property I have.... will that be a problem to their future spouses....I don't get it. ..... or am I misunderstanding something here.
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by gabazin080(m): 8:51pm On Jun 24, 2018
PROPHETmichael:

So that you can waste it as usual on over 2.5 in bet 9ja?
na me and you dey play am?
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by HARDDON: 8:54pm On Jun 24, 2018
All I picked from that is a fam in discord. A fam that dont seem to reason together and blend ideas. One wants to Lord it, the other wants to will it. A "man" and "woman" living under same roof and competing with each other instead of complimenting each other. Sowing the seed of MY OWN not OUR OWN.

An empowered woman with the will of steel. Say all you want, ama do me
A weak man that thinks all it takes is shouting. Wisdom thumps Muscles anyway, ask africa
A lost daughter with wrong ideas about the institution of marriage

Im not impressed.
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by henryhemon(m): 8:58pm On Jun 24, 2018
Gossipblogger:
Vashti Popular Twitter user is ranting for all the Good reasons today, She just revealed how her Father tried stopping her mom from a buying a plot of Land for N350k years back, Because to him its not a Woman thing According to her oh, But years Later that same land is now worth over N120million, Continue to read and see her dad's reaction below!

Stop posting twitter quotes as if you were there or its true stupid wannabe bloggers.

Gossip From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/06/woman-disobeys-her-husband-to-buy-land.html

Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by Oceannaagent: 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2018
tballeyy:
it posible but its depend on how government bring in social arenities and inferstructure to that very community
I don't know where you reside but there are areas that don't need govt infrastructure for them to develop. Instance is ugwuaji in Enugu. Before what it is today, that area is forest.
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by chinene1(f): 9:10pm On Jun 24, 2018
ClassRep001:
Not all these modern chicken hearted men who'd go to any extent to please a woman cos of pussy.

My wife dare not purchase any goddamn shit without my consent or she'd end up in her father's house the next day.
I married her, i paid her dowry, i took care of all of marriage bills. I own the house she's living under. She dare not do anything under my roof without my consent, she dare not possess any Property "be it phones, clothes, necklaces or shoes" without me knowing about it.

Giving ladies "free hand" to do anything is one of the reason that makes them go into sleeping outside for financial reasons without their husband questioning their moves.

Truly amazing! It's unfortunate but this will get more quotes than comments which make sense. Oh well, this is nairaland.
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by Oceannaagent: 9:17pm On Jun 24, 2018
mysticvibe12:
we all live a different life, investment is good.. thanks for opening my eyes to ibeju
check my profile for an investment opportunity which will be of benefit to you.
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by NdiaraIGBO: 9:20pm On Jun 24, 2018
eyinjuege:
This is 2018.
Any woman still waiting for a man to make certain decisions for her is on a long thing. Of course a wise person weighs every advice given by others. But the ultimate decision should lie with you.
Nobody can love you like you love yourself. Take control of your life.
Of course, as with everything in life, we are allowed to make mistakes. Own your mistakes and learn from them. It's another experience under your cap. We can also learn from the mistakes of others.
Be fair in your dealings, learn to use that sense you have even though it's not as common as we think

This is why the ridiculous idea of ownership of another human being (husband owning wife and vice versa) must stop.

And loving another human being more than you love yourself is another no-brainer.

I set my own wife free and that way I am also free too cool cool cool
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by hakeem4(m): 9:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
stubbornman:

Maybe it was "Lord Lugard's" Land

you never can tell .

lol
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by DavidEsq(m): 9:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
momove4real25:
Bros it depends o. I av a boss who took loan severally from cooperative to support her husband during his house project, d husband never for once told the woman d land he was buildg on is a family land till the house got completed. Years after the woman was in d living room watching tv with her children , and the brother in-law who came visiting them told d wife he is packg into d house with dem. D wise responded e funny sha, when she told d husband wat his bro said and dat was wen d husband opened up to her that d land he built on is a family land. After few years d woman bought a land without his consent, until wen she wanted to roof it that's when the husband knew about it. She has many shops in d front n d house is 2unit of 2bedroom flat. In dis case one can't blame d woman fr her action
This one thick o! See wrapper wey dis story tie. Chei! Some men dey mess up sha.
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by missyblissy: 9:45pm On Jun 24, 2018
ClassRep001:

Really? E be like say you smoke beans when you write this garbage. I pity the lady that ends up with you. . So your wife cannot breath without your permission too. Smh
Your thinking is so myopic geez. angry

Marriage is companionship not dictatorship.

1 Like

Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by Eagba(m): 9:51pm On Jun 24, 2018
magicminister:

A man that puts hands on a woman is already weak. He was a coward that only felt powerful beating his girlfriend (my cousin).
Powerful men do not flex their power on those that do not mean them harm.

When he saw real power, he folded.
I didn’t even touch him but my boys Bleep the fool up and he was begging like a baby, then they stripped him to his boxers and made him pay 100k for the pain he caused my cousin.

i don't support beating a woman, but guy you nor try. You didn't give him the honour of defending himself in a one on one duel (maybe till death). What you did was assault. Well, what do i know? You're an african
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by tballeyy(m): 9:56pm On Jun 24, 2018
Oceannaagent:

I don't know where you reside but there are areas that don't need govt infrastructure for them to develop. Instance is ugwuaji in Enugu. Before what it is today, that area is forest.
Lagos
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by amosadamu: 10:00pm On Jun 24, 2018
I concur with everything she said. As it happened to me too.
My dad came back to Nigeria from the UK in the early 70s after studying and working in the UK for 16years, he worked with John Holt for a few years, with the money he came back with and money he made while working, he and his friends that studied together decided to buy lands and build houses close to each other.
My dad bought one acre of land in surulere, Ijesha to be precise. The Lagos state government took the land as they built ijesha grammar school (the school is still there till date).
My dad took the Lagos state government to court, he won, and he was offered one acre of land in the current magodo in 1976.
He said then "in 100 years magodo would still be a village, I would never accept it". My mum tried her best, but he wouldn't listen
Was going through his stuff few months ago and I saw all the court documents, land documents..
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by magicminister: 10:06pm On Jun 24, 2018
Eagba:
i don't support beating a woman, but guy you nor try. You didn't give him the honour of defending himself in a one on one duel (maybe till death). What you did was assault. Well, what do i know? You're an african

Loool.... I did him a Favour. The other alternative was to do things that would leave him a permanent reminder for the rest of his life...
all I am saying is don’t run around beating other people’s children cos u don’t know the outcome...
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by ewawumi(f): 10:07pm On Jun 24, 2018
ClassRep001:

brother, who your over serious marriage epp? abegi, so we should fry sand now because you have grown up to be one hell of a misogynist? #getsense #ewugambia
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by JandyJ(m): 10:25pm On Jun 24, 2018
Where's this world going to? All discussions both private are now being published to social media.
May God save us
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by dealslip(f): 10:26pm On Jun 24, 2018
BabaO2:
yes, you know nothing. Land in question is not Lekki phase1, even Lekki phase1 that was allocated to ur parent was not at 350K, it was way back in the 80s and how much is Lekki phase1 now? She probably was talking of a land bought in 2000s, that was the price at that time but she needs to be bold enough to mention location before I reveal the current price.
So where is the location of the place since you know more than the person involved. You said she is probably talking about the 2000. You are just doing guess work and presenting as facts.that is so unintelligent of you. I just told you that land in Lekki was allocated at 7k in the 80s. What are you still arguing about. Honestly if you are asking me the worth of land in Lekki Phase 1 now,, then you don't even know what you are typing.Too much sentiments obliterates common sense. The least you can buy 1000 square metres in Lekki Phase 1 now is 150million. If you contest this figure then I know for sure you don't even live in Lagos.
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by Respect55(m): 10:26pm On Jun 24, 2018
highqueen:
some men with their outright stupidity. grin

they believe listening to women will deplete their ego,so they prefer to wallow in ignorance.

great women with business ideas shouldn't let these men that lack foresight drag them to the mud.

kudos to your mother girl.
U can still drive home ur point without using abusive words.
Thanks
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by Surrey2Bimshire: 10:27pm On Jun 24, 2018
bionixs:
oga,if you are not an American or an Englishman,you need re- orientation because you are almost losing it. going against my orders to buy land or build a house for her people? she has to return my name first,so I won't die before my time. at this stage,your so- called wife is for ALL

??
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by Respect55(m): 10:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
JupiterGeekVII:
Women are typically better decision-makers than men.
Clap for yourself. Women have really bn awesome in decision making starting from eve in the garden of eden
Re: Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it by BabaO2: 10:41pm On Jun 24, 2018
dealslip:

So where is the location of the place since you know more than the person involved. You said she is probably talking about the 2000. You are just doing guess work and presenting as facts.that is so unintelligent of you. I just told you that land in Lekki was allocated at 7k in the 80s. What are you still arguing about. Too much sentiments obliterates common sense.
i don't need to argue with u, u have no common sense, you are too gullible for flashy things

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart / Pictures Of Lady Who Brought Her Maid To Fan Her In Salon Go Viral / Living With My Married Elder Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.