Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches - Romance (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches (47584 Views)

Do This If A Girl Doesn't Reply Your Messages In Time / My Girl Doesn't Have A Mind Of Her Own. / This Girl Doesn't Visit Alone, She Comes With A Sister Or Another Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Ubenedictus(m): 10:03pm On Sep 18, 2018
herich:

If you can't back up your stories with quotations from bible, don't quote me again.
if you don't know the passages I'm referring to maybe you should quit nairaland and study your Bible more.

It is a shame where a Christian claims not to know the components of something as basic as the ark.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by herich(m): 4:23am On Sep 19, 2018
Ubenedictus:
if you don't know the passages I'm referring to maybe you should quit nairaland and study your Bible more.

It is a shame where a Christian claims not to know the components of something as basic as the ark.
Oga, you dey tell me story,, I sey make you tel me where your stories dey for Bible, make I go through am, na crime?
It is expected, when telling a story line in the Bible, you should back it up with Bible quotations. You that knows Bible, why are you finding it difficult to tell us the "book" of....and the chapter we can find it.
Is like linking a news on nairaland without source.
Common oga, bring up where we can find your Bible stories in the Bible.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by RavenClaw: 11:20am On Sep 19, 2018
Oneboypikin:

How do I contact you my mail is on Profile

I will go and check the mail
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by RavenClaw: 11:24am On Sep 19, 2018
ImaIma1:

Aside everything else, the wedding is supposed to be in the lady's church.

Why do a lot of Catholic men insist on wedding in their own church.

For this same reason, a friend if mine is yet to do her white wedding. They did traditional and now they have two kids but the guy was stubbornly insisting of his Catholic church but the girl's family refused.

grin Good!!! Let them carry on.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by RavenClaw: 11:49am On Sep 19, 2018
Oneboypikin:

How do I contact you my mail is on Profile

I don't have access to my email. You can contact me through WhatsApp. 07068003553
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by wowcatty: 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2018
Whatever suit them then.
Ubenedictus:
leaving his church isn't half way for a Catholic, that is all the way.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by tommysparks: 8:59am On Sep 21, 2018
aragon4realz:
thanks all for your advice but she just gave me her answer last night
https://www.nairaland.com/4741031/she-finally-said-yes
congratulations but that might not be the end of it trust me bro.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by aragon4realz(m): 9:54am On Sep 21, 2018
tommysparks:
congratulations but that might not be the end of it trust me bro.
thanks alot but it's life...we walk through our problems and we will always have one or two drama in our lives, we can only hope for a happy ending,am not letting the unforseen stop me from enjoying the present

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by SouthendOnSea(m): 10:21am On Sep 21, 2018
Will your Churches take you both to Heaven?
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Slimsly100(f): 9:47pm On Sep 28, 2018
Ubenedictus:
you must be a staunch badly catechisied Catholic ignorant of what your Church teaches

From the church catechism

1616 This is what the Apostle Paul makes clear when he says: "Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her," adding at once: "'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one. This is a great mystery, and I mean in reference to Christ and the Church."110

1617 The entire Christian life bears the mark of the spousal love of Christ and the Church. Already Baptism, the entry into the People of God, is a nuptial mystery; it is so to speak the nuptial bath.111 which precedes the wedding feast, the Eucharist. Christian marriage in its turn becomes an efficacious sign, the sacrament of the covenant of Christ and the Church. Since it signifies and communicates grace, marriage between baptized persons is a true sacrament of the New Covenant

No need for the insult my bruhda. I'm actually entitled to my opinion
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Diamond23(f): 9:58pm On Sep 28, 2018
mrblessed:
When bigotry is wedded to ignorance the inevitable consequence is the product of your baseless diatribe. Again, your lame and dismal description of Catholic Church shows you don't possess the faintest idea of what church teaches. Yes, Catholic Church has a different style of worship which unfortunately irks many pentecostals, and actuates them to make unguarded and unfounded comments about what they barely understand. In the Catholic Church, Jesus is the chief cornerstone and the symbol of highest veneration. Take it from me, we worship Jesus and Jesus alone. You merely joined the bandwagon that traffics ignorance and hatred. A lady you purportedly invested with the claim of "high spiritually" has been in relationship four year which involves sexual intercourse, yet she has "higher spiritual" rating because she worships in a different church, other than Catholic Church. Don't mistake noisemaking and shouting as the only prerequisite for knowing a true Christian and effective means of evangelization. Jesus didn't use these methods during His earthly mission. We have very few orthodox churches today with an unremitting mushrooming of pentecostal churches that claim to possess the ideal way to make heaven, yet we are inundated with societal ills of epic proportions, some of which are perpetrated in churches. If Pentecostalism is the answer as you erroneously claim, salvation gospel which was ordained by Christ and not prosperity gospel, will be their fundamental doctrine. In all this needless fanaticism, I believe that my faith in Christ Jesus, accompany with my good deeds are the only valid visa to secure heaven. Thank you.
I wanted to comment but after seeing ur comment, I rest my case....u r blessed already Mrblessed. Nd to the Op never listen to those dat told u to change if u truly luv her. Remember it’s MARRIAGE u r venturing into nd luv alone can not sustain dat, pls if she can’t change for u let her go period and final full stop

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by mrblessed(m): 7:15am On Sep 29, 2018
Diamond23:
I wanted to comment but after seeing ur comment, I rest my case....u r blessed already Mrblessed. Nd to the Op never listen to those dat told u to change if u truly luv her. Remember it’s MARRIAGE u r venturing into nd luv alone can not sustain dat, pls if she can’t change for u let her go period and final full stop
Thanks for your comment. The matter has already been settled to the Op's advantage. It appears that his fears and uncertainty were the consequence of his imagination. He proposed to his girl friend, she accepted without much hesitation. In the end, she has decided to marry a Catholic.

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Diamond23(f): 11:23am On Sep 29, 2018
mrblessed:
Thanks for your comment. The matter has already been settled to the Op's advantage. It appears that his fears and uncertainty were the consequence of his imagination. He proposed to his girl friend, she accepted without much hesitation. In the end, she has decided to marry a Catholic.
R u a priest? Philosopher? barrister?? Cux ur level of exposure nd grammar.......I need to study hard!
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by mrblessed(m): 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2018
Diamond23:
R u a priest? Philosopher? barrister?? Cux ur level of exposure nd grammar.......I need to study hard!
I am not a priest, barrister, but being a philosopher is certainly what you don't need formal training to become even if you have a degree in Philosophy. So, maybe a philosopher might be an appropriate label; something you equaly fits in. About being grammatically savvy, I think the trick is study, study, and study. And for being expose, I think someone pursuing a third degree is duty-bound to be objective and broadminded. That is the only way to contribute meaningfully to knowledge and humanity. I gleaned through your profile and discovered to my pleasure that you an Igbo lady. Which state are you from?
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Diamond23(f): 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2018
mrblessed:
I am not a priest, barrister, but being a philosopher is certainly what you don't need formal training to become even if you have a degree in Philosophy. So, maybe a philosopher might be an appropriate label; something you equaly fits in. About being grammatically savvy, I think the trick is study, study, and study. And for being expose, I think someone pursuing a [/b] third degree [b] is duty-bound to be objective and broadminded. That is the only way to contribute meaningfully to knowledge and humanity. I gleaned through your profile and discovered to my pleasure that you an Igbo lady. Which state are you from?
@ d bolded am wowed.... u r right u know!!! Frm Anambra
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by mrblessed(m): 5:20pm On Sep 29, 2018
Diamond23:
@ d bolded am wowed.... u r right u know!!! Frm Anambra
Hmm. We are from the same state. Which part of Anambra?
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by mysteryman2014: 5:31pm On Sep 29, 2018
zinnydan:
She doesn't love you,unless she attends jw

Are you one
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Diamond23(f): 5:53pm On Sep 29, 2018
mrblessed:
Hmm. We are from the same state. Which part of Anambra?
Orumba North.....lets stop here aren’t giving anymore details grin......Friends cool
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by mrblessed(m): 6:26pm On Sep 29, 2018
Diamond23:
Orumba North.....lets stop here aren’t giving anymore details grin......Friends cool
Oops! Don't worry, you haven't given out enough to harm you.

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by stiffmeister(m): 8:06pm On Sep 29, 2018
aragon4realz:

it's not always about the s3x...it's all about compatibility and commitment...but the truth is I can't give up my church for her, she should be the one doing that for me
while she b3 the one?? So she should give up on her church, religion and faith for u??
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by stiffmeister(m): 8:09pm On Sep 29, 2018
mrblessed:
When bigotry is wedded to ignorance the inevitable consequence is the product of your baseless diatribe. Again, your lame and dismal description of Catholic Church shows you don't possess the faintest idea of what church teaches. Yes, Catholic Church has a different style of worship which unfortunately irks many pentecostals, and actuates them to make unguarded and unfounded comments about what they barely understand. In the Catholic Church, Jesus is the chief cornerstone and the symbol of highest veneration. Take it from me, we worship Jesus and Jesus alone. You merely joined the bandwagon that traffics ignorance and hatred. A lady you purportedly invested with the claim of "high spiritually" has been in relationship four year which involves sexual intercourse, yet she has "higher spiritual" rating because she worships in a different church, other than Catholic Church. Don't mistake noisemaking and shouting as the only prerequisite for knowing a true Christian and effective means of evangelization. Jesus didn't use these methods during His earthly mission. We have very few orthodox churches today with an unremitting mushrooming of pentecostal churches that claim to possess the ideal way to make heaven, yet we are inundated with societal ills of epic proportions, some of which are perpetrated in churches. If Pentecostalism is the answer as you erroneously claim, salvation gospel which was ordained by Christ and not prosperity gospel, will be their fundamental doctrine. In all this needless fanaticism, I believe that my faith in Christ Jesus, accompany with my good deeds are the only valid visa to secure heaven. Thank you.

How do u know they engage In that?? Even if they do... she don't wanna join Catholicism to her sins again...
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by stiffmeister(m): 8:13pm On Sep 29, 2018
sterlingD:
Hmmm religion is a very dicey and sensitive issue that can make or mar a relationship.Let me say this your faith in God is not determined by which ever denomination you go to.That been said the Young man should be wary of what he is getting himself into.This condition that she is giving is being masked under church by the time the real implication of what she is trying to do manifest she would have roped him into marriage.Then manipulation will be in full swing

l am moved to say this though l am shocked at some of the comments l am seeing.Please do not just engage in the vogue of calling anyone from any other denomination an unbeliever.It does not show spiritual maturity

The church you are going does not define you in your in faith in God it is you yourself because when you stand before your maker he will not ask which church do you go to.

is it not of ur church believes there is a maker and judgement and not purgatory and paradise and so on
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by stiffmeister(m): 8:42pm On Sep 29, 2018
2buffagain:

Honestly, no church denomination is perfect, and every denomination is basically its own religion at this point. that is why religion itself is a cancer. Jesus Christ is above religion. Today we have churches that the Holy Spirit hasn't even been in since 1998. Just people going through the motions and entertaining or carrying out man-made traditions.

It is also unfortunate that pentecostal church has now been thought to mean prosperity church.
The prosperity church should honestly be another denomination on it's own as much of it was spawned by a subtle greed that grew into an idolization of material success.

The catholic church? It evidently has an issue with idols period. Whoever discounts this is just defending culture/tradition, not scripture. God was firm when he expressed He doesn't want idols made of Him or anything in heaven. You don't know what he looks like, neither do you know what Mary looks like...but you just do all that because that's what your church leaders tell you to do...in stalwart defiance of what God dictated. You haven't gone into the bible for yourself to let the holy spirit teach you, by himself, what is expected of you and things to avoid. For one of many examples... if you guys were truly in truth, marriage for priests would be a choice not a mandate to desist (1 Timothy 4:3). You hear the news everyday what that does to these men...

Whatever floats your boats sha, just know that there is a thin line between doing it right and doing it very very wrong with all these churches....and as the last days come to an end...that line gets ever thinner.

As a christian, your paramount concern is not religion...but your personal relationship with God through Christ Jesus. The Holy Spirit will tell you where you need to go when you detach your soul from religionism and yield only to His instruction.
Those who rely on "church crowd", "My pastor/pope says so", etc in these last days will be gravely disappointed when what's coming hits us.
Jesus himself warned of this.
We will have no-one to blame because our pastor cannot answer for us when that day gets real.
So we owe it to ourselves to strip our religious egos/titles/relationships from all this, seek truth SOLO from God's word, and then apply anew as if we knew nothing before.

God bless u bro.. even self the God's word u r talking of... they even have their own bible which they called detrocannonical books... where u will see some books like bel and Dragon and so on. I just don't wanna say they are still in darkness... May God help them see the light
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by stiffmeister(m): 9:27pm On Sep 29, 2018
AlphaStyles:
Religion strikes again no b the same GOD we dy serve no b the same bible we dy carry? why christians like to dy give theirself wahala

no be the same bible ohhh....
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by stiffmeister(m): 9:41pm On Sep 29, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Show me any Catholic who prays to Mary.

Son you gonn learn today.
oga u do that by 12pm and 3pm daily...
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by HeyCorleone(m): 11:54pm On Sep 29, 2018
stiffmeister:

oga u do that by 12pm and 3pm daily...

This is the point I'm making.

"that 12 and 3 thingy".

You have never researched on what that "thingy" is. Your ignorant mind just makes you believe it's praying to Mary.

Smh.

Educate yourself. Don't die an idiot.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by AlphaStyles(m): 7:01am On Sep 30, 2018
stiffmeister:

no be the same bible ohhh....
ok from genesis to revelation tell me the one that is missing
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by sterlingD(m): 10:45am On Sep 30, 2018
stiffmeister:

is it not of ur church believes there is a maker and judgement and not purgatory and paradise and so on

l never made mention of anything like my church in my comment and it is not my call to make such comment.Let everyone go to the church he or she wants to go to but lets be tolerant of one another.Each and everyone of us is unique and we have our belief system and foundation but let us show tolerance to each other thats all.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Ubenedictus(m): 1:22pm On Oct 02, 2018
Slimsly100:

No need for the insult my bruhda. I'm actually entitled to my opinion
Sorry, i was too harsh.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by SHABASHA(f): 12:55pm On Apr 15, 2020
i have read most of the comments here..
well every one is entitled to his or her own opinion..she stated her mind..and she have her reason..she dont have a plan to change neither do you..this one bible says stick with a person of your same faith..do you want to tell me you see no lady in your catholic? stick to that and save your self the headache..i would have loved to say more but i rest my case
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by aragon4realz(m): 9:43pm On Apr 20, 2020
SHABASHA:
i have read most of the comments here..
well every one is entitled to his or her own opinion..she stated her mind..and she have her reason..she dont have a plan to change neither do you..this one bible says stick with a person of your same faith..do you want to tell me you see no lady in your catholic? stick to that and save your self the headache..i would have loved to say more but i rest my case
We are now married expecting our first child

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Why Young Women Often Date Older Men / 9 Married Women Talk About Their Affairs Outside Marriage / Dollars Husband Sprayed On Wife At Their Wedding Reception (photos

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61