Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches - Romance (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches (47464 Views)

Do This If A Girl Doesn't Reply Your Messages In Time / My Girl Doesn't Have A Mind Of Her Own. / This Girl Doesn't Visit Alone, She Comes With A Sister Or Another Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by Felyyaks(f): 10:13pm On Apr 20, 2020
klenton:
Am baffled by most comments here, u chastises the catholic church and the pope, yet u kneel down for ur pastor and call him daddy and the wife mummy meanwhile u dnt respect ur biological parents, u say catholics worship regalias and statue yet u tie ur pastors bandana and use his stickers everywhere, what hypocrite?

To the advice, my brother do not leave ur

faith for anything or anybody, religion is about believe and what works for u, if ur fiancee cant respect ur faith or atleast allow u to practice what u believe then whats the point, today it is ur religion, tomorrow it could be ur father, mother or
siblings thats the problem and u need to stop seeing them

moreover who is she to even think her Church is better than urs, that believe alone shows she is myopic and ignora
nt

all these pple kicking catholic church yet catholic is still the single largest Christian denomination in the world, no wonder it was written that no forces of evil shall ever prevail against it.

Hmm
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by 2buffagain(m): 3:12am On Apr 21, 2020
wirinet:

False! You pentecostals have graven images (pictures) of your G. Os in your homes, work places and your cars, in the former of stickers. Some even wear pictures of their G. Os on their necks. You guys always worship theses men of God, and believe only his prayers can heal you and make God answer your prayers. Now what do you call these?

Coming from a Pentecostal background, I agree. You have a point. That is why I no longer even do most Nigerian churches because A lot of them really are just personality cults.

Doesn't still excuse the acceptance of the Catholic flaws in the very same subject though. I think identifying these things and changing them leads to better togetherness on both sides.

I personally swerve Catholic girls because, at their best Catholicness, I can't stand the thought of somebody setting up shrines to a dead lady in my house that she prays to. Just not my cup of tea and does not match my theological beliefs.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by wirinet(m): 6:35am On Apr 21, 2020
2buffagain:

Coming from a Pentecostal background, I agree. You have a point. That is why I no longer even do most Nigerian churches because A lot of them really are just personality cults.

Doesn't still excuse the acceptance of the Catholic flaws in the very same subject though. I think identifying these things and changing them leads to better togetherness on both sides.

I personally swerve Catholic girls because, at their best Catholicness, I can't stand the thought of somebody setting up shrines to a dead lady in my house that she prays to. Just not my cup of tea and does not match my theological beliefs.
I too hate the idea of setting up shrines of a dead white lady and bowing down to same. The same way I quarrel with the worship of a dead white man and calling him your saviour, your ancestor or progenitor. It's annoying when all figures worthy of worship are white and all images of evil are black or dark skinned. It's psychologically demeaning

1 Like

Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by francisbarrack(m): 7:48am On Apr 21, 2020
chiommy123:
I think that lady really loves you and not just that she also cares for your soul. You will be making a dangerous mistake by leaving her

Coz she is God rite?
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by SHABASHA(f): 10:11am On Apr 23, 2020
aragon4realz:

We are now married expecting our first child
WOW i will like to hear the full story ...any how briefing
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by 2buffagain(m): 10:42pm On Dec 22, 2022
HeyCorleone:

Show me any Catholic who prays to Mary.

Son you gonn learn today.

I don't even understand why you are arguing. Praying to Mary is all y'all do with the shrines and rosaries. Unless you're tryin to tell us that catholics become possessed occasionally and forget what comes out of their own mouths and what shrines they kneel before.
https://www.nationalshrine.org/blog/3-marian-prayers-of-protection-hope/

"‘O Mary, Mother of God, as you are above all creatures in heaven and on earth, more glorious than the Cherubim, more noble than any here below, Christ has given you to His people, firm bulwark and protectress, to shield and save sinners who fly to you. Therefore, O Lady, all-embracing refuge, we solemnly recall your sweet protection and beg the Christ forever for His mercy. Amen.’"

It's like Jesus saw this very thing happening and that is why he kept a respectful distance from any earthly familial affiliations that would lead to exactly what you people have decided to dive balls first into. But then again, if you are a true scholar of the history of the Catholic sect, then you will know its true origin is from the Old Babylon Mother-Child religion. It was a mish-mash of pagan religions along with Christian principles to make the "one religion" at the time for political togetherness reasons. Until Martin Luther allowed himself to be used by God to set things right.
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by vee22: 1:34am On Dec 23, 2022
So many singles in the Catholic faith why stressing yourself
Re: My Girl Doesn't Want To Marry Me Because We Are From Different Churches by lyrose(f): 1:41am On Sep 07, 2023
I left nairaland and am back
To reply your mentions
#did you say you are dumb or lazy or stupid,or your family is!!maybe let me leave you,you might be dead🔥✍️quote author=HeyCorleone post=71230845]

This is stupid.

That you were too dumb and lazy to continue with the "knee down, stand up" doesn't in anyway invalidate it.

I don't see the big deal in Pentecostalism.

The emboldened only establishes your presence in the hall of fame of dimwittedness. Like people don't flirt in Winners. You're telling him to marry her in her church but it's obvious they already had sex before marriage so of what then makes her church any special?

I left Pentecostal for the Catholic church so it's not like you pulled the greatest stunt ever. [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Man Charters A Yacht To Propose To His Girlfriend (Photos) / Should I Break Up With My Girlfriend Or what? / 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.