Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls (28779 Views)

Igbo Guys Need To Step Up. Yoruba Guys Are Winning (photos) / Lady Advises Girls Not To Marry Poor Guys. See Why / Who is More Romantic; Hausa Guy, Yoruba Guys And Igbo Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by milemimi93(m): 10:21pm On Oct 05, 2018
ariesbull:

Rivers State is not Igbo State THAT is a fact !

Igbo are majority of the state that is a fact

The governor from Omehia , Amaechi , Odili, Wike are all Igbo names ...that is a fact

But also Rivers can't be Igbo State because we have ogoni , ijaw in Rivers though minority

Cc Bede2u
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by 93Miles: 10:26pm On Oct 05, 2018
ariesbull:

They aren't we bear the names because we are christians and that is it!

The Musa bear the names because they are Muslims

So Amaechi bear the name because he is igbo

Or are you telling me that Igbo colonised them

Your ignorance and stupidity is amazing

Are you aware that People in Ghana bear Calabar names.. Example "Essien"?

What do you have to say about Ghanians who bear Calabar names?

Are you telling me that Calabar colonised Ghana?

Isn't your stupidity awesome?
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by 93Miles: 10:38pm On Oct 05, 2018
Since Amaechi bears the name because he is igbo, a Ghanian who bears the name Essien should be Calabar. Because Essien is Calabar name..

Very stupid reasoning

Cc ariesbull
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by ariesbull: 7:08am On Oct 06, 2018
93Miles:
Since Amaechi bears the name because he is igbo, a Ghanian who bears the name Essien should be Calabar. Because Essien is Calabar name..

Very stupid reasoning

Cc ariesbull

Did you see your reasoning...now let me tell you, do you know the origin of Calabar Ibibio...of you don't know ask questions...they originated from that area ...and that is what they would not tell you or you know...even twi and Fanti are almost the same with Efik

Stop showing your ignorance in public

Oh I forgot they don't read history ...pls go and ask the real 3lfers of Ibibio calabar area their origins

Thanks
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by ariesbull: 7:09am On Oct 06, 2018
93Miles:

Very stupid reasoning

Cc ariesbull
93Miles:

Very stupid reasoning

Cc ariesbull

Did you see your reasoning...now let me tell you, do you know the origin of Calabar Ibibio...of you don't know ask questions...they originated from that area ...and that is what they would not tell you or you know...even twi and Fanti are almost the same with Efik

Stop showing your ignorance in public

Oh I forgot they don't read history ...pls go and ask the real 3lfers of Ibibio calabar area their origins

Thanks
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by ariesbull: 7:15am On Oct 06, 2018
93Miles:

Are you aware that People in Ghana bear Calabar names.. Example "Essien"?

What do you have to say about Ghanians who bear Calabar names?

Are you telling me that Calabar colonised Ghana?

Isn't your stupidity awesome?

I don't blame your ignorance , I blame it on our education system and whipping or wiping away history and also your intellectual laziness

Now let me lecture you ! Please read attentively and stop making a fool of yourself biko

Among the most notable Akan people of Ghana are Kwame Nkrumah who started the pan-African movement which liberated many states from European Colonialism. Kofi Annan is the first Sub-Saharan African to head the UN organization and was awarded the Nobel Prize. Others believed to be of Akan origin include Arthur Wharton who was the first black professional footballer in the world; Paul Cuffee, built a lucrative shipping empire and by the first years of the nineteenth century was one of the wealthiest men in the United States. His largest ship, the 268-ton Alpha, was built in 1806, along with his favorite ship of all, the 109-ton brig Traveller.

Elements of Akan culture can generally be seen in many geographical areas. The depiction of this artistic display of female artist adored in the cultural attire and facial designed which reflect the image shown above is seen every year among the Efik settlement, especially during the Annual Calabar Carnivals. It remains one of the reserved for provable trace of the Akans’ historical origin. Their cultural similitude with that of the Efik/Ibibio sect cannot be underscored as mere coincidence without a strong historical tie. For instance, the Ashanti dynastic kingship of old looked almost the same with the pre-colonial Obong (kingship) of Calabar. 
http://ajuede..com/2017/08/origin-of-akan.html?m=1
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by ariesbull: 7:24am On Oct 06, 2018
93Miles:

Very stupid reasoning

Cc ariesbull

Your stupidity is amazing !

Son, go and do research and don't come here to disgrace yourself.....

Ameachi is an Igbo name and it shows Igbo lineage ....stop been a disgrace

Read about Efik relationship with Ghana and know why we can see people bearing Bassey and Essien in the places

I am done lecturing you .....

https://www.novatiatranslations.com.ng/efik-people/
Read,........
Although the actual origins of the Efik people oral traditions provide accounts of their migration from Igbo and Ibibioterritory (to the north-west of Calabar) to the present location. They had sojourned from Nubia through to Ghana and then Arochukwu in present-day South East Nigeria. After staying there harmoniously as guests for about 400 years (11th – 15th century), they left after a disagreement with the Aros. The bulk of them left to Uruan in present-day Akwa Ibom State, some to Eniong and surrounding areas. They stayed in Uruan for about a hundred or so years and then moved to Ikpa Ene and Ndodihi briefly before crossing over to their final destination in Creek Town (Esit Edik / Obio Oko). There would seem to be three successive stages in the history of efik migration and settlement: (a) an Igbo phase (b) an Ibibio phase and (c) the drift to the coast.

https://www.novatiatranslations.com.ng/efik-people/
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by 93Miles: 7:53am On Oct 06, 2018
fero007:

Rivers is NOT an Igbo state o, rivers is a multiethnic state, and igbo is just one of the many tribes in rivers. ijaw, ikwerre, ogba, ogoni and many odas are also tribes in rivers, for those that think port harcourt is igbo land, you are wrong

and tonto dikeh is an ikwerre woman not an igbo woman, i can explain the difference if you want to know

Oyindidi:
No, Rivers is not Igbo state

Cc ariesbull
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by ariesbull: 8:43am On Oct 06, 2018
93Miles:

Cc ariesbull

Rivers is not an Igbo State because we have other tribes there but Rivers is a State THAT is majority of the indigenous are Igbo

Just like Delta State isn't an Igbo State but we have ⅓ of the state Igbo
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by 93Miles: 9:24am On Oct 06, 2018
ariesbull:

Rivers is not an Igbo State because we have other tribes there but Rivers is a State THAT is majority of the indigenous are Igbo

This is all I wanted to hear from you. This is where the fight on this thread began..
Thank you and have a nice weekend..

Cc Bede2u
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by placeofallure(f): 9:25am On Oct 06, 2018
Bede2u:
Lol...we know.

Well, I'm being objective here.
The girl in the picture is provocatively dressed. You don't leave your house dressed in this manner and not expect snide comments from people with low self esteem as you. In plain words, she's dressed like an 'Ashi' Are you by any chance saying that Ibo girls are sluts? There's nothing classy about her. In fact she's classless!

Thank Olodumare, Oodua ni mi tokan-tokan!
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by fero007: 9:34am On Oct 06, 2018
ariesbull:

Rivers is only about 20% igbo, mostly in extreme rivers north near imo, go to ph and see if the ikwerre and ogba people see themselves as igbo

in Delta, igbos are about 20% too, ukwani n ika are not igbo and most are annoyed when others group them under igbo, they are their distint ethnic group

since you dont want to agree that more than one tribe can share a name, i wont talk to you again
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by fero007: 9:44am On Oct 06, 2018
placeofallure:

Well, I'm being objective here.
The girl in the picture is provocatively dressed. You don't leave your house dressed in this manner and not expect snide comments from people with low self esteem as you. In plain words, she's dressed like an 'Ashi' Are you by any chance saying that Ibo girls are sluts? There's nothing classy about her. In fact she's classless!

Thank Olodumare, Oodua ni mi tokan-tokan!

u know because of d way modern society is, dat dressing is now a normal way of dressing, lol, both decent n indecent, classy n classless, dress like dis these dayz, lol
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by ariesbull: 10:55am On Oct 06, 2018
fero007:

Rivers is only about 20% igbo, mostly in extreme rivers north near imo, go to ph and see if the ikwerre and ogba people see themselves as igbo

in Delta, igbos are about 20% too, ukwani n ika are not igbo and most are annoyed when others group them under igbo, they are their distint ethnic group

since you dont want to agree that more than one tribe can share a name, i wont talk to you again

Is that so ? Yet 20% has been ruling from Omehia to Odili from Wike to Amechi

Are these Greek names ...nzuzu
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by ariesbull: 10:56am On Oct 06, 2018
93Miles:

This is all I wanted to hear from you. This is where the fight on this thread began..
Thank you and have a nice weekend..

Cc Bede2u

We have to say the truth .why lie
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by fero007: 12:47pm On Oct 06, 2018
ariesbull:

Is that so ? Yet 20% has been ruling from Omehia to Odili from Wike to Amechi

Are these Greek names ...nzuzu

nna gi bu nzuzu

i told you countless times that Gov amaechi and wike are not igbo, they are ikwerre, a tribe cannot claim sole ownership of a name but it wont enter ur stone head, how do you know that igbo didnt even get those names from ikwerre

infact they are not greek names, they are pluto names, bushpig, if you dont want learn go n rock transformer
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by ariesbull: 12:57pm On Oct 06, 2018
fero007:

nna gi bu nzuzu

i told you countless times that Gov amaechi and wike are not igbo, they are ikwerre, a tribe cannot claim sole ownership of a name but it wont enter ur stone head, how do you know that igbo didnt even get those names from ikwerre

infact they are not greek names, they are pluto names, bushpig, if you dont want learn go n rock transformer

Nzuzu ngwa read

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/amaechi-im-igbo-jonathan-says-name-azikiwe-cant-speak-language/amp

https://www.nairaland.com/2866920/amaechi-emerges-ohanaeze-igbo-man/2

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=0ahUKEwjJ_oHW4PHdAhWMOsAKHe8UAbcQxa8BCCUwAQ&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by viscerion: 1:05pm On Oct 06, 2018
ariesbull:

Nzuzu ngwa read

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/amaechi-im-igbo-jonathan-says-name-azikiwe-cant-speak-language/amp

https://www.nairaland.com/2866920/amaechi-emerges-ohanaeze-igbo-man/2

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=0ahUKEwjJ_oHW4PHdAhWMOsAKHe8UAbcQxa8BCCUwAQ&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

4get dis guy, u sud know not to believe everything a politician says, after all GEJ an ijaw man named himself azikiwe so as to get igbo support, amaechi said that becos of politics.

go to river state itself, listen the ikwerres, both literate n illerate, rich n poor, young n old will tell same thing, that they are not Igbo,

if you dont want to agree with the fact i leave to your own sturborn decision, its a free world
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by ariesbull: 1:10pm On Oct 06, 2018
viscerion:

4get dis guy, u sud know not to believe everything a politician says, after all GEJ an ijaw man named himself azikiwe so as to get igbo support, amaechi said that becos of politics.

go to river state itself, listen the ikwerres, both literate n illerate, rich n poor, young n old will tell same thing, that they are not Igbo,

if you dont want to agree with the fact i leave to your own sturborn decision, its a free world

Is that so? So the ikwerre that said they are Igbo nko....tell me one notable ikwerre man that said there he isn't Igbo...okay well I don't blame you, you roll with touts that's why you know what they said in streets

Good bye...Na ezuzu ! Nzuzu fit you well
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by 93Miles: 1:12pm On Oct 06, 2018
ariesbull:

We have to say the truth .why lie

Me lied? About what?

The whole drama started when op said Tonto is Igbo girl that Rivers is Igbo.

I tried le2ting him know that Rivers isn't Igbo and he began sayin I'm a yoruba guy and started display of state own properties..

I just wanted people here to let him not that Rivers isn't Igbo.
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by Shugavee(f): 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2018
Bede2u:
lol...so tonto dike is not igbo because her village was carved into ss by gowon? Can we also now agree that nzeogwu wasnt igbo?
she is from the Igbo speaking part of rivers state , the same way there r Igbo speaking deltans.. so yes she is Igbo

1 Like

Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by Shugavee(f): 1:28pm On Oct 06, 2018
93Miles:

The op was trying to cause tribal war in form of joke
sorry but u are wrong,, if the argument is if Tonto is Igbo, yes she is,, but if that Rivers is an Igbo dominated state or in the east? Then no... but Tonto is very much Igbo!! But she isn’t from the east. There are igbos in delta, rivers n Edo State,, speaking different dialects
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by habsydiamond(m): 1:36pm On Oct 06, 2018
Idonbilivit at all....e no funny at all....
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by viscerion: 1:51pm On Oct 06, 2018
Shugavee:
sorry but u are wrong,, if the argument is if Tonto is Igbo, yes she is,, but if that Rivers is an Igbo dominated state or in the east? Then no... but Tonto is very much Igbo!! But she isn’t from the east. There are igbos in delta, rivers n Edo State,, speaking different dialects

sorry o we are all here to learn, i believe you wont be as foolish as dat ariesbull, me ive lived in port harcourt, ive mingled with the educated, rich, poor n hustling of the ikwerre people, and anytime this argument comes up, they will tell you that ikwerre is not igbo, and i know tonto dikeh is ikwerre, that sud mean tonto dikeh is not igbo.

or can you explain why tonto dikeh is igbo, why ikwerre is igbo, and how 98% of rivers people are wrong about their own tribe

1 Like

Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by ariesbull: 2:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
viscerion:

sorry o we are all here to learn, i believe you wont be as foolish as dat ariesbull, me ive lived in port harcourt, ive mingled with the educated, rich, poor n hustling of the ikwerre people, and anytime this argument comes up, they will tell you that ikwerre is not igbo, and i know tonto dikeh is ikwerre, that sud mean tonto dikeh is not igbo.

or can you explain why tonto dikeh is igbo, why ikwerre is igbo, and how 98% of rivers people are wrong about their own tribe

Ikpu nne gị is foolish
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by ariesbull: 2:14pm On Oct 06, 2018
Shugavee:

Why lecture the imp
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by ariesbull: 2:16pm On Oct 06, 2018
93Miles:

Me lied? About what?

The whole drama started when op said Tonto is Igbo girl that Rivers is Igbo.

I tried le2ting him know that Rivers isn't Igbo and he began sayin I'm a yoruba guy and started display of state own properties..

I just wanted people here to let him not that Rivers isn't Igbo.

River isn't an Igbo State because there are other tribes also there but Tonto can be Igbo that doesn't mean the whole Rivers is Igbo just like the way the Kwara isn't a Yoruba state and Lagos is not a Yoruba state because Egun are also in Lagos and they are not Yoruba .....
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by 93Miles: 2:41pm On Oct 06, 2018
Shugavee:

Ok dear I've heard u.
But let me ask u this..

Are u aware that some parts of Cameron speak Igbo language?

Would you say that those Cameronians are Igbos?

If the Igbos should gain their independence as Biafra, will those parts of Igbo speaking Cameronians become Biafrans?
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by 93Miles: 2:56pm On Oct 06, 2018
ariesbull:

River isn't an Igbo State because there are other tribes also there but Tonto can be Igbo that doesn't mean the whole Rivers is Igbo just like the way the Kwara isn't a Yoruba state and Lagos is not a Yoruba state because Egun are also in Lagos and they are not Yoruba .....
Point out the lie that I lied
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2018
93Miles:

Rivers State is not SE.

Our discussion here was about SE and SS girls.

You listed Yoruba men who got married to SE girls.

You mentioned Churchill. I asked you who Churchill got married to and you said Tonto.

I let you know that Tonto isn't from SE..

My brother I've listed the states under SE for you.
Rivers State isn't among.
So cancel Churchill from your list.
Tonto dikeh is from ikwerre. Ikwerres believe they are Igbo's and the answer Igbo name, have Igbo culture, just like anioma and Ibuza of Delta state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by Preshy561(f): 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2018
Colourich:
Tonto dikeh is from ikwerre. Ikwerres believe they are Igbo's and the answer Igbo name, have Igbo culture, just like anioma and Ibuza of Delta state.
Stop disturbing yourself with that aboki illiterate that's an Igbo hater.
Let's grab some ice cream tomorrow evening if you are around.
Re: When Yoruba Guys See Igbo Girls by 93Miles: 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2018
Colourich:
Someone on this thread said most of the Ikwere people get annoyed if u refer to them has Igbo. Who should I beliv now b/w u and him?

Nigerians who answer Hebrew names, do they beliv they are Hebrews? Since Ikweres dat answer Igbo names beliv d are Igbos..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Single Mother Of One Rejoices After Being Proposed To By Boyfriend. Photos / Terminally-Ill Bride Gets The Wedding Of Her Dreams / Ladies: What Would You Like Your Man To Stop Doing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.