Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k (43022 Views)

I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. / Why Are Guys So Scared Of Dating Students? / She Was The Little Girl Who Didn't Want A Boyfriend But Now; Pastor Says. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by nathpope(m): 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:
Hello Nairalanders! Plz help! I hv been scared and confused abt a risk I want to tk so I decided to share for advice.

Im 29 and I hv a boyfriend who is 33. We hv been happily dating for close to 3 years now, he once helped me financially in a good way with 100k when I had problem with my little business, then he was doing pretty fine with his business, I sell plastics and hez into cloth business. But somtin happened last 2 months, he had terrible problems with his business and lost almost everything including his shop and in a bid to salvage his situation he ended up owing many pple, when all these started he didn't tell me, thou hez a kind of person that likes handling his problem alone without disturbing or telling me which I don't like bcus it somehow makes me feel less important and useful to him, I got to know when he changed, his attitude, moods and everything changed, hez always disturbed, thinking and always visiting pple, he payed less concern and attention to me, don't even call and when I call, he will be in a haste to end it, I became confused, so I had to asked what was going on, he said nothing, I got upset and insisted he must tell me, he then opened up, I felt so bad and almost cried, since then I have been trying to maintain his upkeep and sometimes give him money which hez not comfortable with.

The problem now Is that im scared, he asked for a huge amount of money from me which is 700k, he wants to start all over again in his cloth business and also clear some debt, and I can only boast of 820k home and abroad as a business woman, i just feel he saw my account balance before asking for this, Im scared to loose the money and him too. I love this guy but im so scared of doing this, he helped me when I needed money, but this sacrifice is bigger than me, he showed and detailed everything he will be doing with the money, Im just confused to gamble with my life savings, I know I might sound ungrateful what if the business or our relationship crumble? Won't I be stranded and doomed? My business is not that strong and we all know how most of sacrifices like this ended for people. Is this kind of risk worth doing for a boyfriend

Plz advice me on what to do, plz.

@yazz09 said it all.

however, is ur boyfriend (NOT HUSBAND) hardworking?
is he a heavy spender or a prudent fellow?

If u were in bis shoes and he in yours, how do you think he woild av responded to the matter at hand?

Evrybody needs a helping hand to lift one up out of d dungeon....however, be wise.
This is your life savings you are taliing about.
Dont put all your eggs into a basket.

Remember, he is your boyfriend...NOT ur husband.

i hope this help.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by highqueen(f): 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2018
Ximenez:
Not all Nigerian girls have that mentality. That's why i said op does not love her bf as she claims. Because if you love someone you should be willing to give up your life for that person, so how much more material things?

That's why i said most of what we have these days are some forms of relationships not love. The ladies want to leave their father's house to hang on to an ATM, while the men also want to have sex and have children, that's all.
indeed, she should also donate her blood,liver ,kidney,lungs and life for one idiotic boy that will use the money to marry another woman or dump her when the chips are down,nonsense sad

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by CAPSLOCKED: 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2018
Haywhaie:
All the fücking moröns on this forum that report you for insulting them are mostly idiotic hypocrites. They insult others but snap when you say more offensive things to them. Bunch of irritating headfucks.

The cretins just disgust me.

LOL, FINALLY SOMETHING TO LAUGH ABOUT.

BUT IN EVERY SENSE I DON'T BELIEVE I INSULTED ANYONE. I DON'T DO THAT.
I ONLY CALLED HER BY HER NAMES.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Truthchiz: 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2018
Lend fire. You better use your brain. Talking about love hmmmm OK. Na here we dey. Social media will not forget.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by bola4dprec(m): 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2018
donstan18:
When it comes to their turn to help a man financially, they'll remember [What if, What about, Sacrifice, Risky, Should I, Shall I, Shall we, Shall should, Shall us, Shall him, Shall she, Shall shim]

He helped your business stood its ground without asking if the risk was worth doing for a girlfriend, and here you are, calculating and warring the gravity of his sacrifice and the one he's asking of you. Sacrifice is sacrifice. Do it if you want, and if you don't, then get the hell out his life.

Sex must not be the only thing you offer a man without seeking advice.
Omo Obasanjo
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Kaybaba5(m): 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2018
Just give him what you can afford and in case he refuses to give u back, it wouldn't pain you.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Ximenez(m): 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2018
Colourich:
Love doesn't make you stupid.
It's supposed to, if not, then it's not love. Let me ask you a question. Would you lay down your life for someone you love?
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by tstx(m): 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2018
donstan18:
When it comes to their turn to help a man financially, they'll remember [What if, What about, Sacrifice, Risky, Should I, Shall I, Shall we, Shall should, Shall us, Shall him, Shall she, Shall shim]

He helped your business stood its ground without asking if the risk was worth doing for a girlfriend, and here you are, calculating and warring the gravity of his sacrifice and the one he's asking of you. Sacrifice is sacrifice. Do it if you want, and if you don't, then get the hell out his life.

you will make heaven
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Unik3030: 7:41pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:

You are too rude, this is 700k we are talking about, my life savings not that I don't wnt to help, I love him so much tht I cnt see him sad, I just want advice to know if Im doing the right thing, dassall.
let me advice u like I will do to my sister,dont lend it 700k oooo.the reason been that what if he looses d money n u saw he lost d business will u b able to ask of your money?what if he makes enough money n turn his back on u or get married to another lady or probably travel out?what will happen to u n your money?double loss to u I guess... heartbreak n money gone...if truly he has seen your account balance,tell him d money belongs to someone n u will return d money soonest,3-5 days later transfer d money to your other account n delete the alerts...u can give him 100k at least u should b able to part with it n also to serve as payback to him so he won't hold anything against u..but either which way b wise with your money n better still prepare for d worst from him which could b heartbreak...don't b carried away by love so b wise with your money

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by greggng: 7:41pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:
Hello Nairalanders! Plz help! I hv been scared and confused abt a risk I want to tk so I decided to share for advice.

Im 29 and I hv a boyfriend who is 33. We hv been happily dating for close to 3 years now, he once helped me financially in a good way with 100k when I had problem with my little business, then he was doing pretty fine with his business, I sell plastics and hez into cloth business. But somtin happened last 2 months, he had terrible problems with his business and lost almost everything including his shop and in a bid to salvage his situation he ended up owing many pple, when all these started he didn't tell me, thou hez a kind of person that likes handling his problem alone without disturbing or telling me which I don't like bcus it somehow makes me feel less important and useful to him, I got to know when he changed, his attitude, moods and everything changed, hez always disturbed, thinking and always visiting pple, he payed less concern and attention to me, don't even call and when I call, he will be in a haste to end it, I became confused, so I had to asked what was going on, he said nothing, I got upset and insisted he must tell me, he then opened up, I felt so bad and almost cried, since then I have been trying to maintain his upkeep and sometimes give him money which hez not comfortable with.

The problem now Is that im scared, he asked for a huge amount of money from me which is 700k, he wants to start all over again in his cloth business and also clear some debt, and I can only boast of 820k home and abroad as a business woman, i just feel he saw my account balance before asking for this, Im scared to loose the money and him too. I love this guy but im so scared of doing this, he helped me when I needed money, but this sacrifice is bigger than me, he showed and detailed everything he will be doing with the money, Im just confused to gamble with my life savings, I know I might sound ungrateful what if the business or our relationship crumble? Won't I be stranded and doomed? My business is not that strong and we all know how most of sacrifices like this ended for people. Is this kind of risk worth doing for a boyfriend

I am happy you admitted he is such a nice person. I won't advice you to give all your life savings...cos your business must continue. Tell him exactly how much you are prepared to part with. Tell him your business has to go on too. If he is indeed a serious person, he can start working with what you gave him and also seek help from family and friends. Give him like half of the money and hold have for unforeseen circumstances
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 23, 2018
By the time I'm lending any boyfriend 700k he must have invested 5 million in my business. Anything wey pass 5k I no dey abeg!

Never lend a money you cannot part with!
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by KosyJerry(m): 7:42pm On Sep 23, 2018
Don’t ever lend money to anyone you can’t forget. Personally, I give 10% of whatever that is asked cus that’s what I can easily forget. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Osedagal(f): 7:42pm On Sep 23, 2018
Give him an amount you are comfortable with.. 700K is way to big to risk. Some Men are scum remember

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Osedagal(f): 7:42pm On Sep 23, 2018
Give him an amount you are comfortable with.. 700K is way too big to risk. Some Men are scum remember
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by CAPSLOCKED: 7:43pm On Sep 23, 2018
hìghqueen:

indeed, she should also donate her blood,liver ,kidney,lungs and life for one idiotic boy that will use the money to marry another woman or dump her when the chips are down,nonsense sad

THIS IS WHAT YOU CALL UPON YOURSELF WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR PERSONAL MATTERS PUBLIC AFFAIRS.
WORTHLESS NONENTITIES FEELING LIKE THEY BETTER THAN YOU.

THREAD STARTER, SUZZYYY, CAN YOU SEE THE LIBERTY YOU'VE GIVEN THESE VULTURES? THIS PERSON JUST CALLED YOUR BOYFRIEND AN IDĮOT, ALL THANKS TO YOU OF COURSE.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Ximenez(m): 7:43pm On Sep 23, 2018
highqueen:

What makes you think the man in question is like that?
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by sekzy99(m): 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:

it seems you are better than him when it comes to handling finances. I will advice you loan him the cash if he agrees to let you manage it for him so you be the one doing most of the spending.

Also, let him know that its only 400k you can give him as you have your own debt n biz to run. With this you will be on a safe side.

Personally, I can give my woman any amount as she was there for me when I had nothing. I remembered withdrawing her salaries to spend.
Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:

You are too rude, this is 700k we are talking about, my life savings not that I don't wnt to help, I love him so much tht I cnt see him sad, I just want advice to know if Im doing the right thing, dassall.
better ignore numbskulls like this. I Would say help the guy with what you are sure you can afford to loose. It's OK being concerned about loosing your savings.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by madridguy(m): 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2018
Correction noted. Thanks ma

Rhea:

Don't lend anyone any amount you are not willing to lose
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by BlessedBaba(m): 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2018
You have to be vigilant girl, try make some findings about his biz. If its tru its no more running if yes then borrow him 300k cos it's like you want to stake so you have to be at saver side.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by dgifted: 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2018
Colourich:
700k is too much to lend a man. Give him back the 100k, tell him that's what you have.
u must be very selfish
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by jgbemson1: 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2018
madam pls do borrow him d money u can let go instead of given d whole 700k
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by divinelove(m): 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:

don't gamble with your life savings

if he was your husband I would have said give him the 700k

since he is an ordinary boyfriend don't give him more than 200k of course u can endure this if things don't work out between you two
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by GIFTD: 7:47pm On Sep 23, 2018
Why not make the relationship official I.e do a wedding ceremony with him and now run a family businesses I.e combined business with him
Then ur fears will go and u will make sure that the business do not collapse by being part of it. Thank me later
Suzzyyy:

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by 12345baba(m): 7:47pm On Sep 23, 2018
This ur matter pass ayelala o

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by highqueen(f): 7:48pm On Sep 23, 2018
Ximenez:
What makes you think the man in question is like that?
because several ladies have fallen victim of such circumstance which didnt go down well at the end
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by lielbree: 7:48pm On Sep 23, 2018
donstan18:

He helped your business stood its ground without asking if the risk was worth doing for a girlfriend, and here you are, calculating and warring the gravity of his sacrifice and the one he's asking of you. Sacrifice is sacrifice. Do it if you want, and if you don't, then get the hell out of his life.

Abeg shut up. Is 100k and 700k the same? For 3uears why hasn't they guy shown commitment? He does not call her or pay attention to her yet you want her to give him 700k.

If your gf treats u badly will you be comfortable parting away with your life savings
Hypocrites!
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by ctec(m): 7:48pm On Sep 23, 2018
yazz09:
You are not obliged to lend him the exact amount he asked. Give him what you are comfortable with and tell him that's what you can part with as you still have other personal and business things that needs your funds
This guy just answered your question
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Gruvychuky(f): 7:49pm On Sep 23, 2018
tread with caution in this issue. I believe he saw ur bank acc. ie why this whole story from him. it may be a pay off package for him if you ask me. I will advice you pathway with a sum that looks convenient to you in case of any in eventuality. both d money should be given in three instalments. while you monitor his progress report.
there is difference between bf and husband.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by KMSunshine: 7:49pm On Sep 23, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Life happened.

Dayum sis.. Shit must have hit you real hard like a roller-coaster �
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Chizzychinny: 7:50pm On Sep 23, 2018
Give him wat u can dash him, it must not be d total amount needed. Be self conscious.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by AlphLukau: 7:50pm On Sep 23, 2018
Boyfriend this .. Girl Friend that i see Shepherd Bushiri

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Igbo Bride Pounds For Her Husband-to-be As He Watches In Lovely Pre-wedding Pics / Woman Set To Wed Man Whose Facebook Messages She Ignored For 2 Years (Photos) / Bride Fights Back Tears After Serving Husband Drink During Her Wedding (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.