Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,638 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl (42772 Views)

Don't Ever Date A Broke Girl / I Can Never Date A Short Man, I need Tall, Fair, handsome Rich Guy - Slay Queen / There's Nothing Like "Broke Girl",The Term "Broke" Only Applies To Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by cooltola(m): 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2018
Sj
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by AlhajaChinyere: 4:30pm On Oct 20, 2018
pansophist:

For me, it is not about material (financial) brokenness but the mental one. Poor people have a predatory mindset developed over a sustained period of scarcity. Any sign of abundance (e.g, rich boyfriend) is seen as a fleeting resource to exploit, ransack and parasite from. Their personal responsibility will be projected to the other party and made to feel guilty if he refuses to accept such conditions in a relationship. Their family problem becomes yours to carry with pressure coming from different angles like sharp bullet forcing you to comply. Poor people usually do not understand the concept of a mutual relationship, its all about what they will benefit only.

Ultimately, the difference between the rich and the poor is their mindset. A rich person going for a broke woman is like throwing foods to hungry fish, you will be devoured. While the smart one realizes to leave poor people alone and let them date each other, seems they understand themselves better. Different mindset.

100% spot on. This message needs to get across to men in Nigeria, especially those working in well paid jobs. Leave the poor and ignorant to date each other.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by Glink2018(m): 4:32pm On Oct 20, 2018
stubbornman:
One thing about dating a broke girl is that they don't even know what they want.... They stick around with you until someone who can spend better arrives then they dump you. .. after they call and start begging you to let them in.... Some are just confused and never willing to succeed!!!

Speaking from experience
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by cooluc(f): 4:33pm On Oct 20, 2018
Kjking:
In as much as i am almost tempted to agree with you, i wont, why?? cause its an hasty generalization.. once societal status does not necessarily translate into their character... Not every broke girl out there is burdensome... some were raised to be hardworking and depend on their hard work...Some of these girls even have the heart to give you out of the little they have an expect little or nothing... i am saying this because I've met a few of them, plus i have an issue with hasty generalization... So its really not about the societal status but their upbringing which contributes to their character....

God bless you, was reading through, and thought of commenting, before I read this. You see so many wrong ideologies, has kept so many grasping at straws, they miss good friends due to what they read from the media, and heard from friends. Use your brains and senses, it's only when you are in it, you can know what's up, don't take anyone's generalisation and miss out!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by AlhajaChinyere: 4:35pm On Oct 20, 2018
MsGood:
ONLY BROKE GUYS COMPLAIN ABOUT BROKE GIRLS. wealthy guys don't care.

Dear, you are deceiving yourself. Once he has had enough of your benefit, how long does it take for them to dump you?
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by Ekaka1(m): 4:38pm On Oct 20, 2018
Biglittlelois:
shocked how did this thread get to front page are moderators encouraging degrading insults and opinions of the female gender?? i notice most romance topics that makes front page has to do with painting females bad, why Seun take note!!!

At topic, no situation or circumstance in life is permanent, anyone is free to date whoever from both genders regardless of being self sufficient or not, live and let live.
Hmmm...bigclitoris sad shocked
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by Leo10000(m): 4:39pm On Oct 20, 2018
Ursulaa:
Forgive my ignorance oo bt can someone tell me who a broke girl is...cos I think am broke yet I can comfortably buy airtime and call whomsoever I want to, I can buy anything I so desire tho not all shaa.
I think d op shld have said people who are leeches and not broke,someone not having enough shld not b sin and some financially broke people still has moral values
ur u can buy everything got me laughing sha
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by MsGood(f): 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2018
AlhajaChinyere:

Dear, you are deceiving yourself. Once he has had enough of your benefit, how long does it take for them to dump you?
Dear, I am not speaking for myself. It's my opinion about the matter. I personally care more about my partner's relationship with God than anything else. So, no one is dumping me. Thank you.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by bizhop01: 4:41pm On Oct 20, 2018
[quote author=Dominatrix4U post=72258420]It is better to date a broke girl than to date a BROKE Man.

Team broke angel, your constituency believe in you.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by cooltola(m): 4:47pm On Oct 20, 2018
Oi
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 20, 2018
Biglittlelois:
shocked how did this thread get to front page are moderators encouraging degrading insults and opinions of the female gender?? i notice most romance topics that makes front page has to do with painting females bad, why Seun take note!!!

At topic, no situation or circumstance in life is permanent, anyone is free to date whoever from both genders regardless of being self sufficient or not, live and let live.

A heavy broke Ass gal spottedcheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by Humility017(m): 5:05pm On Oct 20, 2018
Dominatrix4U:
It is better to date a broke girl than to date a BROKE Man.
are you a broke gurl?
the way you've hovering round the thread..make it look as if the op wrote solely about you.

please relax your mind.... a broke girl is a woman who depend solely on a man for her needs and always in need whenever talking to her man.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by freethinker01: 5:06pm On Oct 20, 2018
I'm surely breaking up with my current girlfriend. She possesses all the characteristics the Op stated above. We're both broke but I'm not really broke, (I do some stuffs that fetch me money once in awhile so I'm still considerably OK but I still consider myself broke by my standard). To buying her undies, I provide but what does she bring to the table, her vee Jay. Dating a broke girl surely brings financial retrogression.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by Hotzone(m): 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2018
Broke girl might be resourceful if u discover her potential and encourage her in that direction.
They can be loyal, good in bed and honest when they understand u
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by Humility017(m): 5:11pm On Oct 20, 2018
Divay22:

How do you think your boyfriend would feel, if he sees this?
That was uncalled for.

And no, you ain't bad. You gat your life to hustle for and he gat his, he can only assist you when he has and not for you to carry all yur financial burden on him.
So kudos to your dad for providing for you, he's doing what a real father should do.
and kudos to the lady for being disciplined and well trained.

even some with the much their parents gives them...they will still crave to milk that innocent guy financially dry who is really in love with them

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by Humility017(m): 5:17pm On Oct 20, 2018
MsGood:

Well, I'm not a broke girl and I would never call you or anyone broke because I don't belittle people. Linda Ikeji used to be a broke 30 year old woman but today she's is richer than a lot of men in this country. All I believe in concerning relationships is finding someone who makes you happy. Your female partner could be financially independent and still emotionally frustrating while your 'broke' partner could be your pillar. My sister in law isn't working because she is yet to find a job but my brother would never undermine her because she's his pillar, my aunt's husband was so broke to the extent of making shirts with his wife wrapper but today, they live in a mansion courtesy of him. Life is uncertain but true love is. I'd rather find a love that will last through the test of time.

Dear...you don't understand.

it just take for me...to profess love to any lady...and see if not the next words from her...will be all her financial problems.
and you not parting with money means you're not capable...

ladies now adays see relationships as a paid job.
you can't get close to any lady in peace without you having to subscribe her phone and spend on her needs.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by djon78(m): 5:41pm On Oct 20, 2018
MsGood:

Well, I'm not a broke girl and I would never call you or anyone broke because I don't belittle people. Linda Ikeji used to be a broke 30 year old woman but today she's is richer than a lot of men in this country. All I believe in concerning relationships is finding someone who makes you happy. Your female partner could be financially independent and still emotionally frustrating while your 'broke' partner could be your pillar. My sister in law isn't working because she is yet to find a job but my brother would never undermine her because she's his pillar, my aunt's husband was so broke to the extent of making shirts with his wife wrapper but today, they live in a mansion courtesy of him. Life is uncertain but true love is. I'd rather find a love that will last through the test of time.

You are a very wise woman, with good background and upbringing. By there fruit you shall know them.
Please do keep it up
You will get a man that will know your Worth and value!!
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by zedman1(m): 5:42pm On Oct 20, 2018
stubbornman:
One thing about dating a broke girl is that they don't even know what they want.... They stick around with you until someone who can spend better arrives then they dump you. .. after they call and start begging you to let them in.... Some are just confused and never willing to succeed!!!
I can relate. Thought you were talking about my ex but....... Oh shet! They're all the same..... Many girls, same behavior.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by MsGood(f): 5:45pm On Oct 20, 2018
Humility017:

Dear...you don't understand.

it just take for me...to profess love to any lady...and see if not the next words from her...will be all her financial problems.
and you not parting with money means you're not capable...

ladies now adays see relationships as a paid job.
you can't get close to any lady in peace without you having to subscribe her phone and spend on her needs.

I understand you completely. I don't believe in judging a group of people by my experience with a few. I'm a lady and I know a lot of ladies that prey on men but we're not all the same. I hate the way Nigerian men undermine Nigerian women on social media as if they don't have women in their lives. Gold diggers are everywhere, even abroad but I have never seen where men belittle their women like this country. I pray God gets me a civilized Christian man though. I can't deal with a shallow man.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by Holysuck(m): 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2018
Biglittlelois:

This is one of them (burden)
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by MsGood(f): 5:47pm On Oct 20, 2018
djon78:

You are a very wise woman, with good background and upbringing. By there fruit you shall know them.
Please do keep it up
You will get a man that will know your Worth and value!!
Amen. Thank you, Sir.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by Holysuck(m): 5:48pm On Oct 20, 2018
MsGood:

I understand you completely. I don't believe in judging a group of people by my experience with a few. I'm a lady and I know a lot of ladies that prey on men but we're not all the same. I hate the way Nigerian men undermine Nigerian women on social media as if they don't have women in their lives. Gold diggers are everywhere, even abroad but I have never seen where men belittle their women like this country. I pray God gets me a civilized Christian man though. I can't deal with a shallow man.
pretender
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by Gabriel004: 5:58pm On Oct 20, 2018
MsGood:

You are now saying what i want to hear. I am not rich, i am a promising young man with future. But i hate it when a girl calls guy broke while she no get anything herself. I am sorry if what i said is annoying. Should not have said that in the first place. I am sorry once again. You won.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 20, 2018
kushme:

cheesy. You don come with this your off point abi ..

Lol no be truth
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by mikael11(m): 6:01pm On Oct 20, 2018
where do we now get girls without the above specification?
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by kilojoDesigns: 6:17pm On Oct 20, 2018
alexistaiwo:
If you don't want to date a broke girl.
You might end up not dating anybody because even a girl that has a well paying job and a fat bank account will claim broke when she sees a maga.

The appropriate advice should have been "NEVER PRESENT YOURSELF AS A CASH COW TO ANY GIRL YOU ARE DATING "

Sorry but that's false bro... Go date rich girls first
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by MsGood(f): 6:20pm On Oct 20, 2018
Gabriel004:
You are now saying what i want to hear. I am not rich, i am a promising young man with future. But i hate it when a girl calls guy broke while she no get anything herself. I am sorry if what i said is annoying. Should not have said that in the first place. I am sorry once again. You won.

I met a young man of recent. We went to the same sec sch but he didn't know me. In fact, I had a crush on him but when we met I discovered that he has a girlfriend and I decided to keep my distance. He kept on trying to keep me close but I told him we could only be friends and we can't talk everyday because I don't believe in keeping close male friends. One day, he discovered that I needed money and offered to send some( he is a 27 year old successful entrepreneur and has rich parents), I rejected the offer. My roommate was so angry when I told her but I don't regret my decision. One has to be wise in this generation. I don't want anyone making jest of me or women in general because of my actions. I'm not perfect though, I've made my mistakes but I've decided to only move forward.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by Gabriel004: 6:56pm On Oct 20, 2018
MsGood:

I met a young man of recent. We went to the same sec sch but he didn't know me. In fact, I had a crush on him but when we met I discovered that he has a girlfriend and I decided to keep my distance. He kept on trying to keep me close but I told him we could only be friends and we can't talk everyday because I don't believe in keeping close male friends. One day, he discovered that I needed money and offered to send some( he is a 27 year old successful entrepreneur and has rich parents), I rejected the offer. My roommate was so angry when I told her but I don't regret my decision. One has to be wise in this generation. I don't want anyone making jest of me or women in general because of my actions. I'm not perfect though, I've made my mistakes but I've decided to only move forward.
Well, it is not a crime if you collect it since you guys are not dating. For a guy to be broke does not mean he won't make it. But calling him broke is the sin. And that makes him tirms to yahoo boy and thereby using most of the girls for ritual since they want money. I am a young engineer with bachelor of tech. I have not gotten job, i have plan to start my own business but have not gotten the financial support. Does that make me broke?
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by Lovelypet28: 7:11pm On Oct 20, 2018
MsGood:
ONLY BROKE GUYS COMPLAIN ABOUT BROKE GIRLS. wealthy guys don't care.
Exactly,imagine some1 complaining about 5k,lol, your broke and dating a broke girl,calamity,lol.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by Ursulaa(f): 7:50pm On Oct 20, 2018
Leo10000:

I think d op shld have said people who are leeches and not broke,someone not having enough shld not b sin and some financially broke people still has moral values
ur u can buy everything got me laughing sha
what do u want me to say kwanu, the matter tire me, I know I don't depend on any guy bt shaa am broke
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 20, 2018
but fucking a broke girl is allowed... can anybody say Amen to dat
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Never Date A Broke Girl by MsGood(f): 8:11pm On Oct 20, 2018
Gabriel004:
Well, it is not a crime if you collect it since you guys are not dating. For a guy to be broke does not mean he won't make it. But calling him broke is the sin. And that makes him tirms to yahoo boy and thereby using most of the girls for ritual since they want money. I am a young engineer with bachelor of tech. I have not gotten job, i have plan to start my own business but have not gotten the financial support. Does that make me broke?
I didn't call anyone broke. All the best in your endeavours though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Joined A Hook Up Whatssap Group Chat Only To Find My Girlfriend As The Admin. / Lady's Birthday Wish To Her Husband's Side Chick / 5 Thing You Should Never Do When In A Casual Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.