Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:52 AM

Fluid Specs Q & A Thread - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fluid Specs Q & A Thread (37142 Views)

Lagos State Government Has Taken Delivery Of New BRT Buses With Awesome Specs / Let's Talk About Brake Fluid! / 4 Misconceptions About Your Car Brakes, Pads And Fluid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 3:39pm On Feb 27, 2019
dru23:

You are lucky I couldn't find the receipt to that poo of tools.. But if you tempt me ,I will go back to the store and dig it up and also snap the picture of the store... don't tempt me .. I can get real petty at times.. We speak #factsonly# .. By the way, buy from radauto and advanced Auto parts .. Changing the autoparts industry in lekki and Nigeria

Also, go back and read our intro thread. Not changing parts industry. Changing REPAIR industry. Parts is just a means to that end not our main hustle or die like someone who's in love with me wink
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 3:41pm On Feb 27, 2019
4llerbuntu:

grin

I'm not that clueless.

The car is a tòkunbó. I decided to service it before using it, and thought there's nothing wrong with getting practical advice.

Unless whoever used it abroad abused it, I think it is still in good condition.

I did use Castrol 5W30 for the oil change, however nothing says If there's a room to improve I shouldn't take it

I'm seeking advice so that I can prolong its life in my hands is all.

I also have a tokunbo too that got clear yesterday... it is an 07 runs perfect.. Yours might have high milage.. If you looking for a mechanic, try ladipo.. There are volvo mechanics around.. #facts only# radauto buy from them.. They fix cars too advanced Auto parts. Changing parts industry in lekki and beyond..

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2019
radautoworks:

Also, go back and read our intro thread. Not changing parts industry. Changing REPAIR industry. Parts is just a means to that end not our main hustle or die like someone who's in love with me wink

Changing not changing attempt to change.. Whatever u are attempting to do ..na u sabi o
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 3:52pm On Feb 27, 2019
radautoworks:

No need. Just give the parts number on the box and I'll happily post the link cheesy

Don't worry sweet heart ... I will definitely go to the store this week.... To dig up the receipt... #autozone ,advance auto parts# same poo ...

1 Like

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2019
dru23:

Don't worry sweet heart ... I will definitely go to the store this week.... To dig up the receipt... #autozone ,advance auto parts# same poo ...

I get husband and pikins o

1 Like

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 4:05pm On Feb 27, 2019
https://www.searchautoparts.com/aftermarket-business/special-reports/autozone-again-claims-no-1-spot-top-25-auto-chain-report

These are your poor man's parts lol wink

Only reason AutoZone wins is because they do not include independently owned stores i.e. Carquests in Advance's count.

We are the largest parts network in America and carry almost all parts brands including your beloved mobil 1 which is why I warned you that I could drive you out of the market if you pissed me off enough.

Now be gone! Your entertainment value for the day is maxed out and you now bore me.

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 4:25pm On Feb 27, 2019
radautoworks:
https://www.searchautoparts.com/aftermarket-business/special-reports/autozone-again-claims-no-1-spot-top-25-auto-chain-report

Only reason AutoZone wins is because they do not include independently owned stores i.e. Carquests in Advance's count.

We are the largest parts network in America and carry almost all parts brands including your beloved mobil 1 which is why I warned you that I could drive you out of the market if you pissed me off enough.

Now be gone! Your entertainment value for the day is maxed out and you now bore me.

Like I said it still a poor man parts store.. Strategically located in poor areas of the states.. And close to local mechanic shops . It does not change the fact it's still low quality parts store.. #if you know, you know # like I said before #Autozone, advance Auto parts # same poo ,same market demographic, same target audience, both offer same service.. Whether you take a poo in gold toilet bowl o ,a toilet is a toilet.. #radauto buy from them change auto parts industry in Lekki and beyond #
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 4:35pm On Feb 27, 2019
dru23:

Like I said it still a poor man parts store.. Strategically located in poor areas of the states.. And close to local mechanic shops . It does not change the fact it's still low quality parts store.. #if you know, you know # like I said before #Autozone, advance Auto parts # same poo ,same market demographic, same target audience, both offer same service.. Whether you take a poo in gold toilet bowl o ,a toilet is a toilet.. #radauto buy from them change auto parts industry in Lekki and beyond #

Let's start with just 5w30

Carquest, Pentosin, Valvoline, Lucas, Pennzoil, Quaker, Royal purple, Mobil 1 even Castrol sef e dey.

We carry almost EVERY brand. We just no wan shake table grin

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 4:49pm On Feb 27, 2019
radautoworks:

I have been pissing you long enough now. Why don't you do it .. The reason is because advanced Auto parts do sell their own oil engine coolant etc .. It will not make any logical sense to sell other brands than the brands that supply for you.. The main objective for your business is push your own products out there to masses .. Doing otherwise will be counter productive - business 101. U selling Mobil 1 products is giving them free advertising, which am sure they will be more than happy not to object to .. For example... A customer of mine needed a Toyota ATF W .. I refer him to your store.. He called the store and he was told that you guys don't carry Toyota products, but they can sell him your store brand.. But he didn't want your store brand. So on a business stand point it does not make any sense at all ..and depending on the franchise they might have rules and regulations to only sell store brand only.. #facts only # buy from Radauto... changing autoparts industry in lekki and beyond.. #facts only # advanced Auto parts 6k stores nationwide # poor man's parts store #

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 4:58pm On Feb 27, 2019
dru23:

I have been pissing you long enough now. Why don't you do it .. The reason is because advanced Auto parts do sell their own oil engine coolant etc .. It will not make any logical sense to sell other brands than the brands that supply for you.. The main objective for your business is push your own products out there to masses .. Doing otherwise will be counter productive - business 101. U selling Mobil 1 products is giving them free advertising, which am sure they will be more than happy not to object to .. For example... A customer of mine needed a Toyota ATF W .. I refer him to your store.. He called the store and he was told that you guys don't carry Toyota products, but they can sell him your store brand.. But he didn't want your store brand. So on a business stand point it does not make any sense at all ..and depending on the franchise they might have rules and regulations to only sell store brand only.. #facts only # buy from Radauto... changing autoparts industry in lekki and beyond.. #facts only # advanced Auto parts 6k stores nationwide # poor man's parts store #

When will you get tired of being wrong?

We sell Carquest because it's as good but cheaper and Nigerians are struggling.

We also sell Carquest because it's our brand but if you notice the inventory is there and we would be kind of stupid not to sell it wouldn't we? ROFL

We also sell Carquest because we don't NEED to sell Mobil like you do.

Most important, if we sold it, what would people like you do?

Careful what you wish for wink

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 5:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
dru23:

I'm competing with dealers and people like Coscharis not dru23. You don't even have a public phone number! ROFL

My business and your business are not on the same level so you can never understand our decisions. Humble yourself, observe and learn and maybe you can be like me when you grow up grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2019
BACK TO ORIGINAL PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD

need to know your fluid spec? Post VIN/chassis or year, model and engine size and we'll oblige
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2019
radautoworks:

When will you get tired of being wrong?

We sell Carquest because it's as good but cheaper and Nigerians are struggling. We also sell Carquest because it's our brand but if you notice the inventory is there and we would be kind of stupid not to sell it wouldn't we? ROFL

Most important, if we sold it, what would people like you do?

Careful what you wish for wink

Have been wishing for a long time.. Bring down the price of Mobil 1 oil especially extended performance.. Listern if you can bring it down to 14k naira per 5liters it will be great, same price as the mobil esp been sold in the Nigeria market.. You will actually save me money in the long run, so that I don't have to import anymore..
Let's break it down.. So you buy the Mobil 1 5quarts at a discount for $15 , how much would you now sell it to the end users in the Nigerian market.. Keep in mind you have to load them into a container and pay duties.. Depending how you load them, you might be able to avoid paying duties on same of them. And mind you advance auto parts or autozones sell those oils for at least $30 .. So your math does not end up to a profit... please bring them down at a cheap cost for us .. I will be grateful if u can do that.. #radauto buy from them Mobil 1 for 12k 5quarts# the new NNPC for all of your engine oil # facts only #
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 5:14pm On Feb 27, 2019
radautoworks:

I'm competing with dealers and people like Coscharis not dru23. You don't even have a public phone number! ROFL

My business and your business are not on the same level so you can never understand our decisions. Humble yourself, observe and learn and maybe you can be like me when you grow up grin

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 5:23pm On Feb 27, 2019
grin
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 5:25pm On Feb 27, 2019

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 5:44pm On Feb 27, 2019
dru23:

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by weyreypey: 5:47pm On Feb 27, 2019
This thread has become purposeless, vague, meaningless, unworthy of being viewed and filled with juvenile tantrums!!
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 7:16pm On Feb 27, 2019
weyreypey:
This thread has become purposeless, vague, meaningless, unworthy of being viewed and filled with juvenile tantrums!!

And I apologise for contributing to that.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by weyreypey: 8:49pm On Feb 27, 2019
radautoworks:

Noted
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 9:49pm On Feb 27, 2019
4llerbuntu:

grin

I'm not that clueless.

The car is a tòkunbó. I decided to service it before using it, and thought there's nothing wrong with getting practical advice.

Unless whoever used it abroad abused it, I think it is still in good condition.

I did use Castrol 5W30 for the oil change, however nothing says If there's a room to improve I shouldn't take it

I'm seeking advice so that I can prolong its life in my hands is all.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://blog.firestonecompleteautocare.com/oil-change/best-oil-in-winter/&ved=2ahUKEwjRzo7I5NzgAhXkkOAKHXn1CYkQFjABegQIDBAE&usg=AOvVaw3LOWpO66r8JD4-EVIGhXuw&ampcf=1

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:19am On Feb 28, 2019
radautoworks:

Why do you keep humouring that bow-legged nonce? He's not worth the effort at all.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 5:02pm On Feb 28, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Why do you keep humouring that bow-legged nonce? He's not worth the effort at all.

I dunno. Sometimes it's fun?
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by weyreypey: 6:32am On Mar 01, 2019
radautoworks:

I dunno. Sometimes it's fun?
It is NOT! You have more to lose by engaging in such diatribes

2 Likes

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 01, 2019
weyreypey:
Well said.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 7:10pm On Mar 01, 2019
weyreypey:

*Sigh* I know. Jobless that day
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by VolvoS60(m): 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2019
radautoworks:

*Sigh* I know. Jobless that day

^^^
grin

I gave you a 'job' a while ago - you still haven't told me what you think of the project 200 link on ATF drain & refill I posted much earlier. I want to do this drain and refill but my mechanic doesn't have a non-intrusive method for getting rid of the ATF left in the torque converter and the cooler lines.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 6:11pm On Mar 06, 2019
[/b]
VolvoS60:

^^^
grin

I gave you a 'job' a while ago - you still haven't told me what you think of the project 200 link on ATF drain & refill I posted much earlier. I want to do this drain and refill but my mechanic doesn't have a non-intrusive method for getting rid of the ATF left in the torque converter and the cooler lines.

[b]MANNEQUIN CHALLENGE
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 9:44pm On Mar 06, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
grin

Watched the video. Seems like a lot of work. Our machine does the same thing.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by princejones(m): 9:48pm On Mar 06, 2019
Ford focus 2014 model, 2.0
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 10:04pm On Mar 06, 2019
princejones:
Ford focus 2014 model, 2.0

Np. See below

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by adeeva06(f): 8:30pm On Mar 07, 2019
No, you are not. You are a suffer head living in Nigeria hawking oil for your American based distant relative.

dru23:

Not to stroke my own ego ... am first generation American born. I will stop at that ... I speak facts

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Is It Possible For A Car Doing 120/km To Overtake Another At The Same Speed? / Toyota Hiace ("hummer Bus") Or Ford/chevrolet Buses: Which Is Better. / The New 2019 Ford Edge Unveiled In Nigeria By Coscharis Motors (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.