Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,231 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Fluid Specs Q & A Thread - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fluid Specs Q & A Thread (35795 Views)

Lagos State Government Has Taken Delivery Of New BRT Buses With Awesome Specs / Let's Talk About Brake Fluid! / 4 Misconceptions About Your Car Brakes, Pads And Fluid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 10:01am On Feb 22, 2019
dru23:

Lol .... Funny guy that you are ..just because a few of them had issues with oil burn now means that all of them issues.. We live in two different world bro .. Before I take advice from you or anybody else from forum.. I will rather cut my wrist .. I dey Yankee bro a Nissan dealership is about 20 minutes away from me .. I will rather talk to them about the G35 issues than a person from a third world country... the issues u have with them are self conflicted. Nissan can't risk having issues with $40k car.. It is minor issues that dealership would have resolved.. Make I waka pass as you said .. Me I dey Yankee, if I need any more information, I will drive rite to the dealership to make enquiries, which of course u can't do .. $40k car will be having oil burn and Nissan will let the poo ride like.. Lol

Dude. Is this your first trip abroad because you won't let us rest! All your posts "I dey Yankee". Some of us live in multiple countries at once and we don't feel the need to scream every other sentence SMH. What does "I dey Yankee" have to do with this conversation? Yes, factory is 5w so stick to that.

1 Like

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 10:15am On Feb 22, 2019
radautoworks:

Dude. Is this your first trip abroad because you won't let us rest! All your posts "I dey Yankee". Some of us live in multiple countries at once and we don't feel the need to scream every other sentence SMH. What does "I dey Yankee" have to do with this conversation? Yes, factory is 5w so stick to that.

I dey Yankee part and Nissan dealership is about 20 minutes away from my house.. You must have skip that part.. If I need to found out more information about his claims, I will rather drive to the source and make more enquires.. I don't need to be going back and fourth with the guy .. I dey yankee now, am closer to the source than him ..
And apart from that his claims about oil burn ,would have stopped before Nissan continue making G35 till 08. We are talking about a $40k car ..no be beans at all .. His claims to me is likely a small percentage of the car built..
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 10:17am On Feb 22, 2019
radautoworks:

Not to stroke my own ego ... am first generation American born. I will stop at that ... I speak facts
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 10:42am On Feb 22, 2019
radautoworks:

Here you go. Fluid specs for 04 Volvo xc90

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ933-5QT N17,459 (you need 6 quarts so either two of these or one of these and one quart below)

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CQO&partNumber=CQ933 N3,851

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=RFI&partNumber=R84021MP N3,834

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CFI&partNumber=87823 N9,581

Upgrades available on everything but not necessary
For volvo the recommended engine oil brand is Castrol.. Better to always stick to what the manufacture recommends .. How do I know this #FACTS ONLY# I have an 07 xc90 landing this week. Below are pictures and car title.. Before somebody will come and say am I no dey talk truth ..

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:22pm On Feb 22, 2019
radautoworks:

I chose to ignore his comment because it was completely pointless and I lost brain cells reading it. Please do the same, he lives for the attention, and nothing hurts his fragile Yankee ego more than being completely disregarded.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 1:14pm On Feb 22, 2019
dru23:

For volvo the recommended engine oil brand is Castrol.. Better to always stick to what the manufacture recommends .. How do I know this #FACTS ONLY# I have an 07 xc90 landing this week. Below are pictures and car title.. Before somebody will come and say am I no dey talk truth ..

I give you props for not saying mobile one grin
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:46pm On Feb 22, 2019
dru23:

Thanks

But which Castrol exactly?

I know its 5W30 but which variant? Edge, Magnatec ?

I'm just trying to get all my facts in place.

Thanks
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 7:06pm On Feb 22, 2019
4llerbuntu:

Thanks

Thanks

Dude. Dru, oil and stalking me is a long story on Nairaland grin You're fine with the oil I gave you. It boils down to conventional vs. synthetic. Edge,. Etc are just variants. Use a synthetic 5w30 with dexos. Castrol is not the "recommended" oil. Synthetic 5w30 is. If we want Castrol, we carry Castrol but that's what we put in our personal cars I recommended to you. If your car is high mileage (100,000 miles or more) you can choose a formula for high mileage but you don't NEED to. Synthetic 5w30.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 12:57am On Feb 23, 2019
4llerbuntu:

Thanks

Thanks
Mobil 1 extended performance might also do it ,that is if you can't find the castrol edge .. But at the same time to give ur mind rest and assurance, use the edge on the next oil change.. With me personally I just like to follow directions, or maybe the fact is that all these oils I have access to it in the states.. All I have to do is just order it online.. If you can get edge that is fine or use Mobil 1 5w30 extended performance tell you can get the castrol edge...

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 10:13am On Feb 24, 2019
And there it is lol. I knew the mobil 1 shiel wasn't far behind. Lol. I don't blame you. Sell what you've got LMAO. Back to 4llerbuntu, buy 5w30 in any good brand and you'll be fine. If your car is high mileage, you could also get a high mileage formula (not the same thing as extended mileage)
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 11:27am On Feb 24, 2019
radautoworks:
And there it is lol. I knew the mobil 1 shiel wasn't far behind. Lol. I don't blame you. Sell what you've got LMAO. Back to 4llerbuntu, buy 5w30 in any good brand and you'll be fine. If your car is high mileage, you could also get a high mileage formula (not the same thing as extended mileage)

I said he can use Mobil 1 extended performance, if he can't find the castrol edge. And he should switch back once the edge is available for him to use.. At the end of the day he should stick to the manufacture recommendation.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 1:22pm On Feb 26, 2019
4llerbuntu:

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 1:27pm On Feb 26, 2019
radautoworks:

Volvo recommends castrol.. Always follow manufacture recommendation

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:09pm On Feb 26, 2019
dru23:

Volvo recommends castrol.. Always follow manufacture recommendation

Thanks.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 3:27am On Feb 27, 2019
4llerbuntu:

Thanks.

Quick correction. You should be using 10w30 in this climate. Look at last paragraph in image as well as my original spec details.

What I gave you was specs for YOUR VIN number not some generalized table. You do not have to use Castrol. We carry that too but you do not need it. The person advising you is well documented on Nairaland as constantly having car issues and seeking help. Coming from actual techs as well as past Volvo owners not someone just trying to sell some oil.

http://new.volvocars.com/ownersdocs/2004/2004_XC90/04xc90_09a.htm

https://www.nairaland.com/4783024/update-engine-ringing-elantra-07

https://www.nairaland.com/4876476/cost-analysis-radauto-shop

https://www.nairaland.com/4796462/overfilling-engine-oil

https://www.nairaland.com/4786886/final-update-engine-ringing-elantra

1 Like

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 5:08am On Feb 27, 2019
radautoworks:

Quick correction. You should be using 10w30 in this climate. Look at last paragraph in image as well as my original spec details.

What I gave you was specs for YOUR VIN number not some generalized table. You do not have to use Castrol. We carry that too but you do not need it. The person advising you is well documented on Nairaland as constantly having car issues and seeking help. Coming from actual techs as well as past Volvo owners not someone just trying to sell some oil.

A quote from Jayz " Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?".
Obviously you either read to understand or just read and ignore the facts.. My car issues especially my uber cars came from lack of management and proper maintenance.. Now how did come about to start importing Mobil 1 oil .. Now this was due to the fact that my cars on uber were developing sludge . I had to ring one or two of my cars .. When my cars were developing sludge .. I had to get to the root of the matter .. I found out that the previous manager was buying cheap, mineral oil and he was not following the manufacture advice.. He was using 20w20 or some crap instead of 5w30 that was recommended by the manufacture.. And as business man I decided to look for solutions.. So I started importing my own engine oil to use and to sell.. I started with castrol oil ,which was doing ok, but I now found out that people prefer Mobil 1 oil especially uber drivers and partners. So I than started using and selling Mobil 1 .. Now uber drivers do at least 2k miles a month of driving. Meaning that they have to constantly change there oil every 3k miles to 5k miles depending on the oil they are using.. Next was Mobil 1 oil Extended performance good for 15k miles oil change, and Fram oil filters good for 15k miles oil change. This was what I was able to settle on and some uber partners agreed and I was able to build a customer Base.. All these issues I narrated on the forum. So that people will learn and avoid the same mistakes that I had..
Now for you to say that am always having car issues without you telling the whole truth or analysing the issues behind it . To me is very misleading and ignorant of a professional like you.. Did u also mention that how I brought my car to your shop and after I paid about 3k to 5k of diagnosis test ,I was given a bill of over 170k naira.. And I was able to save about 100k by bringing those parts myself.. Or you forget to mention that.. I documented that on the forum. Would u like me to remind you again.. Did you forget to mention advanced Auto parts that is parent company of yours.. Mainly sell low quality parts in Yankee and at times it is better to get certain tokunbo parts at ladipo than buy from you guys. So please let us not fight, because I will over do it ,this is just not just rap music like Jayz said .. I will expose the dirty truth of advance auto parts.. Don't let us go there. We can try to coexist in the same market, without spreading hate and lies...

1 Like

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:12am On Feb 27, 2019
radautoworks:

I'm a tad bit confused.

Just did an oil change a few days ago with Castrol 5W30........

For 10W30 which brand would you direct me to?

Preferably Synthetic, and easy to source.

Meanwhile since I did the oil change I've noticed a bit of leaking. Drops more like. looks like transmission oil which I also changed at the same time I did the engine oil change

I don't have any lights on and the explanation I got was that after a change it was normal to see little leaks like that for a week before it would stop, probably too much oil was poured in......

Does that make sense? Should I be worried?
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 9:23am On Feb 27, 2019
4llerbuntu:

I'm a tad bit confused.

Meanwhile since I did the oil change I've noticed a bit of leaking. Drops more like. looks like transmission oil which I also changed at the same time I did the engine oil change

I don't have any lights on and the explanation I got was that after a change it was normal to see little leaks like that for a week before it would stop, probably too much oil was poured in......

5w30 SYNTHETIC wouldn't have caused the damage. It's in extreme hot climates like ours you should change to 10w30. Just use the other oil at next change. Any reputable SYNTHETIC (not synthetic blend or conventional). It will say "fully synthetic" on the bottle. Mobil 1 is popular but be careful you are not buying counterfeit. I know Gazzuzz sells the real thing as well. I'm not sure if he'll have your weight but you can ask him. We also sell our brand.

Who did your transmission oil change and why? Get it to a good shop to be checked for leaks.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 9:28am On Feb 27, 2019
dru23:

A quote from Jayz " Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?".
Obviously you either read to understand or just read and ignore the facts.. My car issues especially my uber cars came from lack of management and proper maintenance.. Now how did come about to start importing Mobil 1 oil .. Now this was due to the fact that my cars on uber were developing sludge . I had to ring one or two of my cars .. When my cars were developing sludge .. I had to get to the root of the matter .. I found out that the previous manager was buying cheap, mineral oil and he was not following the manufacture advice.. He was using 20w20 or some crap instead of 5w30 that was recommended by the manufacture.. And as business man I decided to look for solutions.. So I started importing my own engine oil to use and to sell.. I started with castrol oil ,which was doing ok, but I now found out that people prefer Mobil 1 oil especially uber drivers and partners. So I than started using and selling Mobil 1 .. Now uber drivers do at least 2k miles a month of driving. Meaning that they have to constantly change there oil every 3k miles to 5k miles depending on the oil they are using.. Next was Mobil 1 oil Extended performance good for 15k miles oil change, and Fram oil filters good for 15k miles oil change. This was what I was able to settle on and some uber partners agreed and I was able to build a customer Base.. All these issues I narrated on the forum. So that people will learn and avoid the same mistakes that I had..
Now for you to say that am always having car issues without you telling the whole truth or analysing the issues behind it . To me is very misleading and ignorant of a professional like you.. Did u also mention that how I brought my car to your shop and after I paid about 3k to 5k of diagnosis test ,I was given a bill of over 170k naira.. And I was able to save about 100k by bringing those parts myself.. Or you forget to mention that.. I documented that on the forum. Would u like me to remind you again.. Did you forget to mention advanced Auto parts that is parent company of yours.. Mainly sell low quality parts in Yankee and at times it is better to get certain tokunbo parts at ladipo than buy from you guys. So please let us not fight, because I will over do it ,this is just not just rap music like Jayz said .. I will expose the dirty truth of advance auto parts.. Don't let us go there. We can try to coexist in the same market, without spreading hate and lies...

Trump, why are you getting mad? It's obvious you only skim and not read. All I did was direct people to YOUR OWN THREADS written in YOUR OWN WORDS. All the the stuff you claim is in those threads is it not? I even included your comparisons thread on us did I not? So what's the problem and what lie did I tell?

I give you props for getting it right this time that we are Advance Auto parts not AutoZone. There is a reason why we have over 6,000 stores and I welcome anyone to Google us grin

1 Like

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 2:32pm On Feb 27, 2019
radautoworks:

Trump, why are you getting mad?
It's obvious you only skim and not read. All I did was direct people to YOUR OWN THREADS written in YOUR OWN WORDS. All the the stuff you claim is in those threads is it not? I even included your comparisons thread on us did I not? So what's the problem and what lie did I tell?

I give you props for getting it right this time that we are Advance Auto parts not AutoZone. There is a reason why we have over 6,000 stores and I welcome anyone to Google us grin

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2019
radautoworks:

Trump, why are you getting mad? It's obvious you only skim and not read. All I did was direct people to YOUR OWN THREADS written in YOUR OWN WORDS. All the the stuff you claim is in those threads is it not? I even included your comparisons thread on us did I not? So what's the problem and what lie did I tell?

Now don't let me expose you to the folks that don't know you .. Autozone or Advance Auto parts ... same thing nothing different. These parts are strategically located at the poorest parts of the USA .. Let's call it a poor man's parts store .. They do offer Some OEM parts and at the same time offer unlimited warranty on most of their parts.. And the reason is those unlimited warranty parts are produce at a very cheap cost, so in essence you can always go back to them and get new parts unlimited.. Now if those parts are Grade A parts, there is no way in hell they will offer you unlimited warranty.. It cost more money to get better quality materials.. Example of the low quality parts will be displayed below.. Now the sockets tools that I display below is a great example .. I got it at advanced Auto parts for about $8.00 ,please take a look at the cautionary warning circle.. There is nothing special about advanced Auto parts at all poor man parts store .. It is the same parts store that the road side mechanics in USA go to .. The dealers in USA don't go near them at all .. When I freshly bought my new Nissan Altima 2005 Ser at dealership.. I dare not use advanced Auto parts.. I usually go to the dealer and have it fix . Or better yet worse comes to worse, I buy the parts from the dealership and than take it to the road side mechanic.. So ladies and gentleman let's us speak facts only.. The more you look the less you see #factsonly #

Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 3:07pm On Feb 27, 2019
dru23:

Now don't let me expose you to the folks that don't know you .. Autozone or Advance Auto parts ... same thing nothing different. These parts are strategically located at the poorest parts of the USA .. Let's call it a poor man's parts store .. They do offer Some OEM parts and at the same time offer unlimited warranty on most of their parts.. And the reason is those unlimited warranty parts are produce at a very cheap cost, so in essence you can always go back to them and get new parts unlimited.. Now if those parts are Grade A parts, there is no way in hell they will offer you unlimited warranty.. It cost more money to get better quality materials.. Example of the low quality parts will be displayed below.. Now the sockets tools that I display below is a great example .. I got it at advanced Auto parts for about $8.00 ,please take a look at the cautionary warning circle.. There is nothing special about advanced Auto parts at all poor man parts store .. It is the same parts store that the road side mechanics in USA go to .. The dealers in USA don't go near them at all .. When I freshly bought my new Nissan Altima 2005 Ser at dealership.. I dare not use advanced Auto parts.. I usually go to the dealer and have it fix . Or better yet worse comes to worse, I buy the parts from the dealership and than take it to the road side mechanic.. So ladies and gentleman let's us speak facts only.. The more you look the less you see #factsonly #

Umm... That aren't parts. Those are TOOLS LMAO

Also, your arguments above make exactly ZERO sense.

Lastly, what kind of idiot buys tools with a warning like that??
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 3:24pm On Feb 27, 2019
4llerbuntu:

I'm a tad bit confused.

Now young man ,Google has always been your friend.. The reason why the manufacture will recommend castrol 5w30 is that 5w30 castrol has enough additives that no matter what the climate weather you are in, that particular castrol 5w30 will perform to the task .. That is why Volvo recommends Castrol for all of its car .. Now if your car has been using the wrong oil from day one ,than chances are the damaged has been done. The purpose of you using the correct oil is to prolong and enhance your engine for best performance, and not fix anything that has already been damaged by the wrong use of oil .. Same thing goes for gear oil or proper word for it transmission fluid. Same model cars will specifically tell you to use the manufacture gear oil ,and failing to do so will damage your transmission and void any warranty you might have had #factsonly#
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 3:27pm On Feb 27, 2019
radautoworks:

#radauto sells poor man parts # buy from her ..she is changing the autoparts market in Nigeria
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 3:30pm On Feb 27, 2019
radautoworks:

Whether nay parts ,tools etc ..it's a poor man parts shop that also sell tools .. #facts only # radauto buy from her ..she is changing the autoparts industry in Lekki and all over Nigeria
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:30pm On Feb 27, 2019
dru23:

Now young man ,Google has always been your friend.. The reason why the manufacture will recommend castrol 5w30 is that 5w30 castrol has enough additives that no matter what the climate weather you are in, that particular castrol 5w30 will perform to the task .. That is why Volvo recommends Castrol for all of its car .. Now if your car has been using the wrong oil from day one ,than chances are the damaged has been done. The purpose of you using the correct oil is to prolong and enhance your engine for best performance, and not fix anything that has already been damaged by the wrong use of oil .. Same thing goes for gear oil or proper word for it transmission fluid. Same model cars will specifically tell you to use the manufacture gear oil ,and failing to do so will damage your transmission and void any warranty you might have had #factsonly#

grin

I'm not that clueless.

The car is a tòkunbó. I decided to service it before using it, and thought there's nothing wrong with getting practical advice.

Unless whoever used it abroad abused it, I think it is still in good condition.

I did use Castrol 5W30 for the oil change, however nothing says If there's a room to improve I shouldn't take it

I'm seeking advice so that I can prolong its life in my hands is all.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 3:31pm On Feb 27, 2019
dru23:

#radauto sells poor man parts # buy from her ..she is changing the autoparts market in Nigeria

If by that you mean OE that came with vehicles as well as aftermarket, then yes, yes we do grin

Do you now know the difference between parts and tools?
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 3:33pm On Feb 27, 2019
4llerbuntu:

grin

I'm not that clueless.

The car is a tòkunbó. I decided to service it before using it, and thought there's nothing wrong with getting practical advice.

Unless whoever used it abroad abused it, I think it is still in good condition.

I did use Castrol 5W30 for the oil change, however nothing says If there's a room to improve I shouldn't take it

I'm seeking advice so that I can prolong its life in my hands is all.

Didn't think you were. That's why I gave you the links to form your own opinion and he got bent out of shape lol
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:34pm On Feb 27, 2019
radautoworks:

Who did your transmission oil change and why? Get it to a good shop to be checked for leaks.

Can your shop handle it? Lots of shops thumb nose at Volvo.
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 3:35pm On Feb 27, 2019
4llerbuntu:

Can your shop handle it? Lots of shops thumb nose at Volvo.

Yes we can. We fix everything. You'll see if you do make it over
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by dru23(m): 3:35pm On Feb 27, 2019
radautoworks:

You are lucky I couldn't find the receipt to that poo of tools.. But if you tempt me ,I will go back to the store and dig it up and also snap the picture of the store... don't tempt me .. I can get real petty at times.. We speak #factsonly# .. By the way, buy from radauto and advanced Auto parts .. Changing the autoparts industry in lekki and Nigeria
Re: Fluid Specs Q & A Thread by radautoworks: 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2019
dru23:

You are lucky I couldn't find the receipt to that poo of tools.. But if you tempt me ,I will go back to the store and dig it up and also snap the picture of the store... don't tempt me .. I can get real petty at times.. We speak #factsonly# .. By the way, buy from radauto and advanced Auto parts .. Changing the autoparts industry in lekki and Nigeria

No need. Just give the parts number on the box and I'll happily post the link cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition / Tisha UnArmed Shelton Drives Her Car (Photos, Video) / The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.