Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,306 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows (41100 Views)

Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP / Killings By Herdsmen Will Continue If Buhari Is Re-elected –atiku / Shehui Sanni Reacts To Atiku's Plan To Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by jpphilips(m): 10:48pm On Nov 16, 2018
AZeD1:

NNPC was formed in 1977 and not 2000 but keep lying to yourself.

Oh by the way has NNPC gotten better in the last 3 years?

I can't discuss NNPC with a blind individual that cant read, whats you expect Nairaland to be in your local dialect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 16, 2018
jpphilips:

What nonsense are you talking about? Who told you Nitel gave birth mtn and others?
Jeez!! Are you ignorant or simply retarded?
Where is your Nicon insurance Atiku sold? Where is your Alscon? Shut up pls!!
Go and sleep. You know nothing, just shouting. Instead of asking to learn, you're just raining abusive words. Don't tell me you're also one of the lazy youths

1 Like

Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by seunmsg(m): 10:50pm On Nov 16, 2018
otokx:
Did he really say so?

grin grin grin

Don't be disappointed, that's Atiku for you. He won't stop at selling NNPC, he will also sell NLNG and other viable national assets to himself. A rogue is a rogue no matter how well he's packaged.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by AZeD1(m): 10:51pm On Nov 16, 2018
jpphilips:

I can't discuss NNPC with a blind individual that cant read, whats you expect Nairaland to be in your local dialect.
Lol...

NNPC has been run by Buhari in the last three years, how are they doing? Have you seen their accounts?
Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by SEGLIZ: 10:55pm On Nov 16, 2018
AZeD1:

Ajaokuta hasn't been sold and its not better than those two companies.

Also no one budgets for NITEL or NICON again but we can't say the same for Ajaokuta.

neither the sold still alive for history. likewise they are not living to the billings.
Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by Acidosis(m): 10:58pm On Nov 16, 2018
jpphilips:

What nonsense are you talking about? Who told you Nitel gave birth mtn and others?
Jeez!! Are you ignorant or simply retarded?
Where is your Nicon insurance Atiku sold? Where is your Alscon? Shut up pls!!

Oga Nicon Insurance is still very much in operation. Two relatives have been working there since 2009.

Why should a country own an Insurance company in the first place?
Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by vineyardfarms: 10:59pm On Nov 16, 2018
midolian:

https://punchng.com/ill-sell-90-of-nnpc-if-elected-atiku-vows/
MR ATIKU, WHO WILL YOU SELL NNPC TO? WHAT MECHANISM PUT IN PLACE TO WARRANT THE SALES? MR ATIKU, BORROW A LEAF FROM MEXICO. MEXICO ONLY REFINED THEIR CRUDE OIL AND EXPORT THE FINISHED PRODUCT. THESE WILL CREATE DIRECT AND INDIRECT EMPLOYMENTS AND TOP EARNER OF MUCH NEEDED FOREX. EACH STATE WOULD HAVE THEIR OWN STRUCTURED REFINERY. PEMEX IS PRIDE OF MEXICO. FINANLY RETURN INTEL ASSETS TO THE FED GOVT.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by SEGLIZ: 11:01pm On Nov 16, 2018
SpecialAdviser:
Way to go. Nigeria has proven to be incapable of managing anything as a government.

Looting, nepotism in employment is seen in all government agencies.

Sell 80% of our agencies and place regulations on them. Period

can you give account of the ones that has been sold? it would be better we sell Nigeria for a better functionality. sell all the sellables, if we don't kill the monster threatening us there is no going through. if corruption thrives Nigeria would not function.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by balraf(m): 11:01pm On Nov 16, 2018
thats how u and obj sold almost all our asset,what do we gain from dat nw you are back to sell the rest

1 Like

Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by AZeD1(m): 11:06pm On Nov 16, 2018
Acidosis:

Oga Nicon Insurance is still very much in operation. Two relatives have been working there since 2009.

Why should a country own an Insurance company in the first place?

He cannot answer that question.
Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by Elzak(m): 11:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
Where are the Atikulooted Biafrans?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:11pm On Nov 16, 2018
Atikuloot loading for another round of privatization for his friends and pocket

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by Kingspin(m): 11:13pm On Nov 16, 2018
jpphilips:

Sure because you don't know what NNPC does, why are Atikulators so dumb?
Nigeria is the only country in the world her oil industry is in chaos and money been steal in broad day. You are deep dumb. government cannot continue running such industry. Country is position as a business venture not where money is shared. Tough decision need to be taken to retake the country.
Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by Acidosis(m): 11:15pm On Nov 16, 2018
AZeD1:

He cannot answer that question.

The level of reasoning on this thread is just so nauseating. So many unproductive minds here, just the same way some individuals hold on to their dead grandfather's land in the village when they could sell it off and reinvest same proceeds on another asset with a better prospect.

While these people raise shoulders and claim inheritance over some unproductive and valueless acres of land in the village, some right thinking investors are buying off lands with value and reselling elsewhere to make profit and more profit.

If OBJ and Atiku wanted to steal more from Nigerians, they would have done so easily without necessarily selling assets. After all both OBJ and Atiku did not buy OAU and Unilag, they instead built new models from scratch.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by islandmoon: 11:21pm On Nov 16, 2018
awelekiti:
. I won't reply you the way you put it. How can you be telling lies to teeming learned Nigerians here out of your gullible mind and myopic thoughts . Do you think everybody is as daft as you are? Your post is a proof of your upbringing .

Trashhhh
Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by jaymichael(m): 11:23pm On Nov 16, 2018
Agbaletu:

Honestly, I think Atiku and Obi should stop talking for now. Their spokesmen should do the job.
Osita should also stop his tweets. These guys are demarketing PDP.
They are not demarketing PDP, it is what is in their heads they are pouring out
Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by Kingspin(m): 11:29pm On Nov 16, 2018
jpphilips:

If oil companies pay directly into the fed account, who determines what is sold and how much? Who monitors the service contracts of the IOC's? Who regulates the IOC's? Who provides petroleum products for you?

You assume the IOC's are loyal and honest that they will declare in your interest abi? Go and read about NAPIMS and DPR before you disgrace yourself further.

Libya is stupid to have LOC, Saudi is silly to have Saudi Aramco, Russia is a f00l to have Gazprom, China is crazy to have CNOOC & SINOPEC, Brazil is fvcked to have Petrobras, Malasia is silly to have Petronas, Iran is Atikulated to have IOC abi?

When you don't understand what is on the table, shut the fvck up!!
Then NNPC ought have reach it potential like CNOOC< LOC, ARAMCO and co. NNPC is a puppet of government officials. The only oil industry in the world where stealing and chaos is their establishment right. Those oil country you mention above are not directly run by government the way Nigeria does their things. At the mention of NNPC the first thing a Nigerian think of is 'MONEY' nothing else. Radical changes is what Nigeria need across all the Institutions of government but because they all have failed the country have fail too.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by AZeD1(m): 11:30pm On Nov 16, 2018
Acidosis:

The level of reasoning on this thread is just so nauseating. So many unproductive minds here, just the same way some ediots hold on to their dead grandfather's land in the village when they could sell it off and reinvest same proceeds on another asset with a better prospect.

While these ediots raise shoulders and claim inheritance over some unproductive and valueless acres of land in the village, some right thinking investors are buying off lands with value and reselling elsewhere to make profit and more profit.

If OBJ and Atiku wanted to steal more from Nigerians, they would have done so easily without necessarily selling assets. After all both OBJ and Atiku did not buy OAU and Unilag, they instead built new models from scratch.

A lot of Nigerians don't know what an an asset.

NNPC is not an asset, it's a liability. The oil in the ground is the asset.
NNPC is an advanced and legalized agbero. Collecting money for doing almost nothing.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by AZeD1(m): 11:32pm On Nov 16, 2018
Kingspin:
Then NNPC ought have reach it potential like CNOOC< LOC, ARAMCO and co. NNPC is a puppet of government officials. The only oil industry in the world where stealing and chaos is their birth right. Those oil country you mention above are not directly run by government the way Nigeria does their things.

You can imagine someone comparing NNPC with Petrobras or Aramco...

The audacity to even put them in the same sentence is mind boggling.
Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by LordAdam16: 11:38pm On Nov 16, 2018
I will not support that. NNPC and NLNG should remain under the government. What should be sold in the oil and gas sector are the refineries. And not to Nigerian companies but refiners with established bases in other countries.

-Lord
Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by Kingspin(m): 11:51pm On Nov 16, 2018
AZeD1:

You can imagine someone comparing NNPC with Petrobras or Aramco...

The audacity to even put them in the same sentence is mind boggling.
Well someone did.
Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by VictorRomanov: 12:10am On Nov 17, 2018
nextstep:
What's with all these fake promises?

Oh we know he's going to sell it at discount price to his cronies, and send the remaining change to some Swiss bank. Standard procedure. After "privatizing" NEPA, what do we have now?

You understand what privatization Is?
Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by nextstep(m): 1:26am On Nov 17, 2018
VictorRomanov:

You understand what privatization Is?

Oh yes, in Nigeria it's when government officials sell off state assets at huge discounts to friends and family, then pocket the change for a job well done. Then those private buyers do their best to extract money from a captive customer base without really improving services, while receiving fresh government funds to "revitalize the sector".

Even after NEPA was "privatized", with assets sold off at a fire sale, government still spends billions of Naira on power? Why? If it's been privatized?

6 Likes

Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by enemyofprogress: 2:23am On Nov 17, 2018
All to himself, family members and friends

Apart from Virginia, where else can Dickson travel to?
Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by bantudra: 2:37am On Nov 17, 2018
chai,we don suffer....which type of wahala is this....??

this guy is saying all the wrong things sayeble....
privatization helped nigeria nothing....
Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by bantudra: 2:39am On Nov 17, 2018
Mizk:
I think this is commendable, but who are you selling it to, and how would you handle the proceeds?

This guy has come again. He sold NITEL, NICON and so on and till today both the companies and it's ex- staff are not better for it.
Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by lonelydora: 3:13am On Nov 17, 2018
SpecialAdviser:
Way to go. Nigeria has proven to be incapable of managing anything as a government.

Looting, nepotism in employment is seen in all government agencies.

Sell 80% of our agencies and place regulations on them. Period

This is the only way forward.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by gare(f): 3:37am On Nov 17, 2018
midolian:

https://punchng.com/ill-sell-90-of-nnpc-if-elected-atiku-vows/

Atiku Wrong move, I am one of your supporters, but will have to tell you the truth , selling of 90% of NNPC will not go down well with having had issues with previous sales in the past.

I know you want to make NNPC work again but it has to be done properly, go and check how most government companies in the oil and gas industry are managed in the middle East.

You can start by giving out 20% to a known and competent company after a competitive bidding to upgrade our refineries to ensure all refineries are working to installed capacity.

It has to be done gradually , please don't repeat this kind of mistake again it can cost you the elections in 2019, what are you selling, please don't sell anything.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by simplycarro: 3:58am On Nov 17, 2018
adelaja70:

This guy na confirm Olodo.... SO NITEL na MTN AND ECONET? THEY DID NOT BID FOR NITEL BUT GSM LICENSE.

It’s better you avoid the guy, his thought process have no single cell of cerebral in his brain.

How can anyone with a little thinking brain open his mouth to claim that the pioneering Gsm coys bought Nitel ?

@ OP
Truth is an Atiku Presidency will never benefit ordinary Nigerians except the few elites that are capitalist in mindset.
He can’t connect with Nigerians with his thinking

He should keep talking though so that most ignorant youths will know atiku for who he is and not what the paid media and spokespersons are selling to us.
Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by EmirAbj: 4:37am On Nov 17, 2018
Kuku Sell The Whole Nigeria Make We Know Where We Are Going, This Country Is Faulty Sincerely
Re: I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows by Charly68: 4:43am On Nov 17, 2018
Alexis11:
Can Atiku just stop talking please??
He seems to reduce his votes by every single word he says.
All the companies him and Obasanjo sold the last time are literarily dead today. All of them. cool
Why not allow him to tell us his mind so we can take and informed decision at the right time.. They are jokers .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

APC Governors Stormed The Residence Of Chairman, Adamu Around 2am - The Nation / US Judge, Nancy Maldonado, Orders CSU To Release Tinubu's Records On Monday / Aregbesola Must Go Live Protest In Osogbo This Morning. (photos Attached).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.