Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country (50695 Views)

No Gree For Anybody: Now See This, Na Your Lane, You Go Gree? (pics) / If You Have Families Who Depend On You, Traveling Abroad Is Not Worth It / Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by OmoDavido(m): 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2018
I will not rest until I start counting my millions and doing businesses in millions and billions. My hustle must pay and I must make my family, mama and my uncle proud. After all the holdup and bus parks hustle, conductor beating, slapping and insulting me for no reason. Pushing Ice cream truck's loaded with bottle water and lacasera under hot sun. My hustle must finally pay. And I will stay legit and make this money!

So help me God, Amen!

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
jaxxy:

I’m sorry to say ur frnd is either selfish or worthless. What’s worse is he even saying he’s gona block u? That’s quite ridiculous and I doubt he was really ur frnd probably saw u as sm naive guy he can outsmart when he needed stuffs back then.

If he not in the position to help after freaking 8years dats fine Bt u haven’t even asked for such so what’s his problem?
thanks..I wonder..if you see him then ..he do come and take soup from my pot..I wouldn't worry..I do help in school then

1 Like

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
As a rule, give anyone that travels abroad a minimum of one year before bothering them!

Some people are too hungry. Money doesn't fall on the streets!

One year is to get papers, acquaint and probably get a job.

6 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by chydon22: 9:18pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
There was this brother of mine who is my landlord then during my school days. He told me he needed to travel out of the country, though his junior sister stays in London, he wanted to use that influence to travel out.

The day came when he is about going, he got his visa, he showed me and he said to me if he gets there that he will not disappoint me that I should not worry ...

Though he is managing too, his sister sent him money for travelling and processing of the visa. He told me to dash him my suit and winter coat also one of my shoe of which I did. He is very local and not sociable.. It was the suit I gave him and my shoe he wore to UK.

When he got to UK, two Months later I heard that he sent money to his girlfriend and that one is just fuckinng around.

Fastfoward to this time i sent him messages on Facebook just to say hi and to know hope he is doing well. He did not reply but he saw my messages. Llater again I resend him message he told me that he will block me. He pretended as if he doesn't know me. This is the brother that do borrow Maggie and salt whenever he wants to cook or even beg me for soup.....

My intention is to greet him not demanding money from him. But now is it a crime to say hello because you stay in UK or Yankee? I don't know why people staying abroad always change their attitude whenever they travel out of the country.....

Please Share your experiences
My brother your write up is a significant of a novice who thought people who travelled abroad climbs dollar trees every morning to plug out dollars.
Let me educate u a little bit, your bros or friend who travelled to london have to work an average of 16hrs a day to be able to pay bills and shop for his stomach. The helping relationship between him and his sister stopped the nite he was admitted into UK. OYO is his name, he must work to if he is willing to stay back in d uk, wether illegal or legal job, there is work for legal and illegal migrant provideded u can fit in whatever jobs u see which include serving in a restaurant, cleaning, house help, meat house, mannial jobs etc which gives u less than 4hrs per day but u can be lucky working more hours. Mind illegal migrants does not work in health care and other agencies who have more hours to give u. Your bros is there passing tru many difficulties, discrimination, ancent and thinking how to work and save some cash and find a way to legalize his documents either tru arrangee or other means. With all this things he was passing tru, u re busy in naija forming he does nt call u or send money to u bc u gave him smelling okirika shoe and monkey coat. After 8yrs when ur head and your ego re no longer controlling u, and your pocket is hitching u and u remember to say hi to him without knwing that wht u re facing here is almost d same he was facing as undocumented resident. My advice to u guys is never u put your mind or hope on someone abroad or home for help. Try to be a giver your self. Chuks write frm ifo high school ogun state. JSS3A

12 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:18pm On Nov 19, 2018
EVILFOREST:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I reside ABROAD as well, although I visit NIGERIA almost every 2years, because I have ongoing projects.
But I don't behave so.
However, I choose whom I spend time with for security reasons as I have been severally hit.
Just CALM DOWN and retry.
Don't relent, Don't Insult him.
You may be better placed, since it's the UK
UK is conservative and Limited
my mind is free..I won't do that..but it surprises me that how can he ignore me like that
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:19pm On Nov 19, 2018
sekundosekundo:

The moment I saw London I spit....those peeps stingy gon
really... how guy please gist me

2 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by shemite: 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2018
I can relate bro, the people abroad do it to extent that when they know you travel out of Nigeria they will want to connect with you but once they know you are back in Nigeria they stop talking to you. This happened to a girl I know, she travelled to Dubai, immidiately she upload a photo on Facebook, this particular relative of her chat her up to know where she is and she told him she's in Dubai and they both chat on regular basis. Along the line she fell sick and was advice to treat herself in Nigeria. The same guy then message her and she told him she's now in Nigeria to treat herself but was unable to travel back to Dubai, this bros immidiately stop chatting with her.
That's how most them behave. Me don't even have time to chat with anybody wey dey abroad, unless they 1st chat me up

15 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by holyword: 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2018
He envies you because only him and God knows what he is passing through. The dirty ugly job like washing dead body makes them to have stone heart. Your own toilet here in nigeria is bigger than his bed room where he sleeps and there is no time for them to even rest and sleep. They can not get a lady of their choice rather they go for the ones that the society have rejected . They lives like slaves and they don't have freedom and many ugly things you may not accept . Dear you are better than them by far. The worst part of it is that they don't have time to worship God the way you do here . Many,many,many,many.....

11 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2018
kilonso001:
what if he isn't stable yet. Trust me two month is too small to settle down.

If u don't believe me, try it and see. It's not all rosy out there as they paint it
not two months oo.this year will make it eight years...
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by bestpunterever: 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
There was this brother of mine who is my landlord then during my school days. He told me he needed to travel out of the country, though his junior sister stays in London, he wanted to use that influence to travel out.

The day came when he is about going, he got his visa, he showed me and he said to me if he gets there that he will not disappoint me that I should not worry ...

Though he is managing too, his sister sent him money for travelling and processing of the visa. He told me to dash him my suit and winter coat also one of my shoe of which I did. He is very local and not sociable.. It was the suit I gave him and my shoe he wore to UK.

When he got to UK, two Months later I heard that he sent money to his girlfriend and that one is just fuckinng around.

Fastfoward to this time i sent him messages on Facebook just to say hi and to know hope he is doing well. He did not reply but he saw my messages. Llater again I resend him message he told me that he will block me. He pretended as if he doesn't know me. This is the brother that do borrow Maggie and salt whenever he wants to cook or even beg me for soup.....

My intention is to greet him not demanding money from him. But now is it a crime to say hello because you stay in UK or Yankee? I don't know why people staying abroad always change their attitude whenever they travel out of the country.....

op don't mind them o, same happened to me, a friend of mine that I gave my hard earned 80k when he wanted to travel, he neglected me when he got to Chicago.
The only advise I got for you is don't chat with him again though it's painful, and try yo focus more on your self and post some good pictures of your self on facebook to show you are living ok.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2018
bestpunterever:
op don't mind them o, same happened to me, a friend of mine that I gave my hard earned 80k when he wanted to travel, he neglected me when he got to Chicago.
The only advise I got for you is don't chat with him again though it's painful, and try yo focus more on your self and post some good pictures of your self on facebook to show you are leaving ok.
God bless you my brother.. you are mouthed...
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by mcharles(m): 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2018
Working ooo or not
He should at least interact with his friend like the old days.

Unlike one of my friend wey travel go Canada
In never see money buy phone yet, still dey use in brother phone,can you believe, the idiot the tell me say levels don change.
for this buhari/jubril regime.
Trust me nah I block am sharp sharp
I no dey see any body if I don drink my garri and groundnut
I no dey rush life,when my time reach I go blow chikina.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by aforosco(m): 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2018
Eeya sorry ooo.
I have a blood sister abroad in New York to be exact.

When she got to US she told me even without asking that my kid bro don't worry when way open for me eh.Consider your case done.Start looking for schools in America and Canada I will sponsor you. It is more than 4 years now the only thing I got was 19k8(Corper's alawee). and getting to 2 yrs now we don't talk to each other just because I saw I was the one mostly doing the calling and it looks like I am a parasite. My blood sister oo.Since May 2017.I made up my mind I won't call her again and she also didn't bother ring my phone. But the good thing about life is that I have gotten another person that told me to go get foreign admission of my choice he will bankroll it.This person isn't my blood sef.

So man move on and behave like he doesn't exist.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by SirLakes: 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2018
sassysure:
Two months and you are already hyped because he sent money to a non significant person.
When will u guys change.
This is exactly the reason they block u guys or refuse to call.
I'm still waiting for that person that will just end it in exchanging pleasantries.

At two months the guy may not have started work.
The sis is still taking care of him. Sis is yet to recoup back money spent.
You didn't actually help him from your heart.
U helped him with the intention of gaining and was taken aback when he gave something to his girlfriend first before you.

Go and buy another shoe or jacket and stop sounding like an immature kid.

See sense of entitlement already bc you gave him shoe and jacket.
If the girl fucck around like u said, is it your biz?
Amebo

Eeeeh someone cannot play with you undecided

2 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Beautyaddy: 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2018
sekundosekundo:

The moment I saw London I spit....those peeps stingy gon

Lol!...very bad assumption to say the least.

Some people just choose to not send money to some people in Nigeria because some believe that total cost of expenses and living in Nigeria is waay cheaper than residing abroad.
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Lol! Thanks for the response. But why does the person keeps being called upon on most post?

Hope I'm not asking too much questions? grin

he is being CALLED UPON on most post because na

OSHA

and am guessing you know the meaning of OSHA
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:25pm On Nov 19, 2018
sassysure:
Two months and you are already hyped because he sent money to a non significant person.
When will u guys change.
I'm still waiting for that person that will just end it in exchanging pleasantries.

U helped him with the intention of gaining and was taken aback when he gave something to his girlfriend first before you.

Amebo
something like below bro..����

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by blackright007(m): 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
bujebudanu1:
Well . people abroad always feel that are on top of the world. grin
All of us go go the abroad.so I see no reason for the yanga
Traveling na turn by turn.
If u get reason to travel.u will travel.
.i don't know why people over there think we that are here are nothing.

I stopped entering Facebook cos of this nonsense.this is my 3rd year of no Facebook.
My guys that we were so close are now ignoring my chats.they don't even reply.
They think is everybody that beg online.

I get bros here.wey talk say him no dey go relocate go anywhere.

His travels are all expenses paid.every year , different countries

Op.dont depend on friends... only your blood siblings abroad can help you.
Haha anybody can drop you off once they get over there forget that damn blood connection
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Toks2008(m): 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:

Not all of them behave this way.
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by alausaone(m): 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
Abroad most time is difficult than what people back home used to think off, the changes sometime is not about feeling too big, is an environment where by if you must succeed and have a good record for the sake of the future, you have to be willing and ready to face with the challenges that comes along of living a crime free life wherever you are abroad, You travel to London or America or Europe with Tourist Visa, For sure you are not entitled to work , in this case there are category of people that end up loosing their job in Africa all in the name of traveling abroad, so they wont be able to work or do well like they used to do in Africa because the Visa status they have do not permit then to work , so such people end up staying indoor for years or months before they get their life together, Imagine someone who is on tourist Visa to Holland and he choose to overstay sure he will end up indoor , while his friend and family will be complaining that he has not been calling or nice as he used to be before he travel......so many reason just to mention a few

7 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Olarewaju89: 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Dear Handsomeyitayo,

I can tell you are in pain.
The problem is, you are a potential leech and your brother in his wisdom has seen this and has cut you off before you push him into trouble.

Do you know folks like you who have lofty assumptions and make hefty demands from relatives abroad are the cause of the crimes Nigerians commit abroad just to meet up with your expectations.

It is not your business if his girlfriend is fvcking around, neither is it your business if he sends her money.
The only allegiance your brother owes you is NOTHING. He is not obliged to keep in touch with you.

It is sad that the okirika winter jacket and used shoe you gave him is the bargaining chip to your emotional blackmail.

Ogbeni,
Don't be a beggar. Hustle for yourself and expect nothing from anyone. If you think life is easy outside Nigeria, go get yourself a passport then a visa and travel.
Better still, you can cross from Libya to Italy so that you can join to pluck money from the trees and send back to everyone who ever said hi to you back in Nigeria.

Till you do that.
Don't judge, don't beg, throw away your sense of entitlement and be happy.

Yours truly,
NwaAmaikpe.

You must be wicked somebody i swear! How can you be talking gibberish from your mouth? You better change your attitudes please.

4 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by blackright007(m): 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2018
YomiSpayne:
I'm an upcoming artiste, i have a song on ground titled - OBIdiently ATIKUlate.
like my post if u will download this song!

nah you post, nah you like keep aticulating into dooooom
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by handsomeyitayo(m): 9:31pm On Nov 19, 2018
shemite:
I can relate bro, the people abroad do it to extent that when they know you travel out of Nigeria they will want to connect with you but once they know you are back in Nigeria they stop talking to you. This happened to a girl I know, she travelled to Dubai, immidiately she upload a photo on Facebook, this particular relative of her chat her up to know where she is and she told him she's in Dubai and they both chat on regular basis. Along the line she fell sick and was advice to treat herself in Nigeria. The same guy then message her and she told him she's now in Nigeria to treat herself but was unable to travel back to Dubai, this bros immidiately stop chatting with her.
That's how most them behave. Me don't even have time to chat with anybody wey dey abroad, unless they 1st chat me up
this is funny...but I don't know y some nairaland colleagues criticising me as if I want to beg money..

5 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by amazemanuno: 9:31pm On Nov 19, 2018
carzola:
Hustle your hustle
And focus on your
Focus....

He will come back one
Day begging....

Everything nah owo!!!
You can live in Nigeria
Make enough money
And be feeding him and paying
His bills abroad...

True talk!

I do tell my siblings to remain focused and forget the idea of waiting for one uncle or sister to send you dollars or pounds!

That advice do pay off; cos as of today we are all doing well in Nigeria in spite of the bad economy...

On the other hand, those we would have depended on are busy flexing, breeze in and out of country oblivious of those who stood by them when things were bad back in the days...spending heavily on fucking different rich kids, girls and young women in institution of higher learning.

So funny, these same people will tell u stories that they don't have money even when u only come around because you are happy to see them in town; as if u have come to beg them for money...mtcheew!

9 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Mace0lane: 9:32pm On Nov 19, 2018
sassysure:
When will u guys change.

Amebo
from wherever or however you have ever been helped learn to be grateful. All the nonsense you typed with the likes you got is the doing of ingrates one should never render help to.

5 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 19, 2018
handsomeyitayo:
this is the eight years he has left ... mine is just to say hi

My advice to you is that you should act as if those guys that are abroad don't exist. Many of them are scared of the people over here because some lazy family members and friends demand from them often. But they should not be avoiding every other person with genuine intention.

Guy I have learnt some lessons that I would want you to learn too.

When friends and family abroad call you and they ask you How you are doing, If you love to keep talking to them and still be on their call list, no matter what you are going through, tell them you are fine. I am good, even if you haven't eaten for days.

If you tell them your true situation some might help and cut you off later or some won't even help and still cut you off.

So the best way to still remain on their call list is always telling them you are OK. otherwise you would sound like a beggar.

I've got about three brothers abroad, I don't call them at all except on the 31st of December to say happy new year, by that they respect you.

I have lots of friends that I have blocked both on whatsapp and Facebook. once I see that you are mis interpreting my saying Hi as a style of getting something from you, I kuku ma block you so that you will have peace of mind.

By the time your eye don clear and you wan say Hi, I don already block you.

So work hard, look for opportunities and use them , become somebody and they are the ones that will be asking ppl for your number.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Alezy(m): 9:33pm On Nov 19, 2018
sassysure:
When will u guys change.

Amebo
you ppl re just defending poo. The op didn't say he needed anything from him. For Gods sakes what's the crime he commited for trying to say hi to a friend who left years ago. Probably followed to the airport or something. Una too think negative abeg

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by jaxxy(m): 9:33pm On Nov 19, 2018
GavelSlam:
The truth is you guys bother them too much.

2 months might be premature for one to act the way you've described but it is quite scary how many of you act.

Should he get on Facebook, within minutes, sometimes seconds, he'll get pings and buzzes.

Most times, it's all about what he can send to the "friend".

This guy hasn’t even bothered him yet and he’s acting like a jackass and even if it’s heading that direction this is sm1 who supported when u had zero. I still hv doubts they are actually frnds.

I’m not an ingrate and I don’t tolerate ingrates.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by kapelvej: 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2018
Ogbeni, two months, your eyes don red, na waaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by ugosea: 9:35pm On Nov 19, 2018
sassysure:
When will u guys change.

Amebo
Bros take it easy
Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by Tellemall: 9:35pm On Nov 19, 2018
adonainana:

Leave them baba, i dont think people understand how tough life can be in the UK.
Yes you earn a lot of money ( but the mistake people make is that you are not earning this in Naira, everyone is easy to do the conversion for you 500 Naira to £1, so if you earn £1,000 every month which is the minimum wage, suddenly you have 500,000 Naira in your Nigerian Bank account.

What takes the £1,000 away, they dont care and they dont wish to know, even if you explain to them, they are unbothered.

Life anywhere abroad is hard. It is hard because bills are expensive and therefore consume up to 50 percent of anyone earnings. Once this happens the remaining that is left is what the person would wish to use to enjoy his life too in the UK or anywhere abroad too. Even Primark that sells cheap clothes, there isnt much quality things you can buy there. Typical shopping might cost about a £100

Even if you later even decide to go to other discout shops like Lidl or Aldl to buy food, its still the same ( Typical £20 here £30 there ) The £1000 you earn in that month is gone.

Now please people of God, imagining after all of these, someone from Nigeria asks you to send money to them. From what again ?

This is what people in Nigeria fail to understand, people abroad change cos there are just about BROKE as you, and im 100 percent being serious with you.

People abroad change because they are as broke as you?

It doesn't make sense.

All the people "abroad" have come to act like they're doing so much out there and money is so hard to come by. It's hard to come by anywhere. There's no reason for throwing people under the bus.

The OP is simply wondering why his friend refuses to communicate with him when he's not begging him for anything and simply wants to remain friends with him as he was when he was in Nigeria. It has nothing to do with his "money".

The ego Africans give when they leave the continent is silly. You really think everyone is after you for nonexistent money, Africans abroad? South Africans do this thing. Kenyans do it. Because of this ego black people have.

I've never treated people shabbily because I think they're after my money. I called them myself from outside of Nigeria, not because they had/have anything to offer me in Nigeria, but because we are friends! All the talk of economy in the UK and elsewhere is just another reason to be unkind to people who knew you when you were in the dirt with them. It's not always about money.

20 Likes

Re: Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country by marktpompido(m): 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
The guy no try at all. Life na turn by turn, today na him tomorrow fit b you ooo. Trust in God my brother

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' / A Nairalander's Visit To Agulu Lake Hotel, Anambra For Christmas Party (Photos) / 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.