Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,208 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Picture Of Slums In The Usa - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Slums In The Usa (188392 Views)

Nigerian Slum Contest: Anambra Is The State With The Least Slums In Nigeria / Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless / BBC Says 11 Million Lagosians Live In Slums - Rubbish Journalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 07, 2010
Sagamite:

The OP luanched the thread with a nuance that USA has slums just like we have. So it is a comparison.
did you go to school at all ? Where in the first post did you see such comparison ? And did '' mbeki '' tell you he's a nigerian or lagosian ? Abeg stop tripping over this shiot .
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by honeric01(m): 10:57am On Aug 07, 2010
In your attempts to dodge the whole thing, you failed to include this definition from the same UN

UN definition:
A slum, as defined by the United Nations agency UN-HABITAT, is a run-down area of a city characterized by substandard housing and squalor and lacking in tenure security.

does those houses in the pics qualify as the above or not?
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by honeric01(m): 10:59am On Aug 07, 2010
Neptunz:

did you go to school at all ? Where in the first post did you see such comparison ? And did '' mbeki '' tell you he's a nigerian or lagosian ? Abeg stop tripping over this shiot .

what i don't understand is his continuous comparison, we're not comparing here because they are both not on the same level

Nigeria is less than 50yrs old, America is more than 200yrs old, can you compare the experience/knowledge/technique/life of a 200yrs old man to that of a 50yrs old man?
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Sagamite(m): 2:28pm On Aug 07, 2010
Neptunz:

I went to school. And it was a far better one than yours.

Take a look at post No 2 and 6 by Mbeki. Did your school teach you to read in English?
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Sagamite(m): 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2010
honeric01:

what i don't understand is his continuous comparison, we're not comparing here because they are both not on the same level

Nigeria is less than 50yrs old, America is more than 200yrs old, can you compare the experience/knowledge/technique/life of a 200yrs old man to that of a 50yrs old man?

That is why you face reality that we are not comparable and stop consoling yourself showing derelict or abandoned buildings to show "we are not that bad".

Stop carrying a chip on your shoulder EVERYTIME slums are mentioned, YOU ALWAYS go GAGA. you have to realise it is not YOUR fault. It does not make you less intelligent or capable than a whiteman. It is just bad leadership that needs sorting out. Stop consoling yourself through self deceit.

Nigeria is a huge slum if you try and say those places are slums.
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Sagamite(m): 2:34pm On Aug 07, 2010
honeric01:

In your attempts to dodge the whole thing, you failed to include this definition from the same UN

UN definition:
A slum, as defined by the United Nations agency UN-HABITAT, is a run-down area of a city characterized by substandard housing and squalor and lacking in tenure security.

does those houses in the pics qualify as the above or not?

Do you understand the difference between an AREA and a HOUSE?

I just showed you what UN meant by substandard. Do you comprehend the meaning?

Sagamite:

Here is the UN's definition of slum:

"A UN Expert Group recently recommended to policy makers and international bodies what they consider to be a more operational definition of a slum, one that is intended to enable better targeting of improvement programmes aimed primarily at resolving the physical and legal problems faced by slum dwellers. According to these experts, a slum is an area that combines to various extents the following characteristics:

• Inadequate access to safe water;
• Inadequate access to sanitation and other infrastructure;
• Poor structural quality of housing;
• Overcrowding; and
• Insecure residential status."

Do the areas you showed have the characteristics?
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by honeric01(m): 2:42pm On Aug 07, 2010
Sagamite:

Do you understand the difference between an AREA and a HOUSE?

I just showed you what UN meant by substandard. Do you comprehend the meaning?

I showed you pictures of houses, also of the environment, don't tell me you didn't see the street and also the numerous cars parked outside these houses. these houses are on a street in an area right?

Sagamite:

That is why you face reality that we are not comparable and stop consoling yourself showing derelict or abandoned buildings to show "we are not that bad".

Stop carrying a chip on your shoulder EVERYTIME slums are mentioned, YOU ALWAYS go GAGA. you have to realise it is not YOUR fault. It does not make you less intelligent or capable than a whiteman. It is just bad leadership that needs sorting out. Stop consoling yourself through self deceit.

Nigeria is a huge slum.

lol, you are the one having erec.tion at the mention of slum and your almighty USA, can you please calm down a little?

were you expecting me to post pictures of slums in America looking like that of a 3rd world country? if that's what you're looking for, sorry you won't find that because slums in 3rd world countries can't be on the same level with that of 1st world counties geddit?

One more thing, the way a slum looks like in a 3rd world country won't look like that of a 1st world country, but if they have similar or related features, they are tagged and termed to be of same meaning.

A slum is a slum, whether be it in America, Nairobi or Lagos.

Lastly, if you don't want us to tag these pics on this thread slums, you can as well give us your own name or the name you think we should call these places.
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Sagamite(m): 2:52pm On Aug 07, 2010
honeric01:

I showed you pictures of houses, also of the environment, don't tell me you didn't see the street and also the numerous cars parked outside these houses. these houses are on a street in an area right?

You live in Nigeria.

You are in Nigeria right now.

Show me a few streets in Nigeria that are better than that that are not in VI or Ikoyi or Ikeja. Take your time and research.

honeric01:

lol, you are the one having erec.tion at the mention of slum and your almighty USA, can you please calm down a little?

were you expecting me to post pictures of slums in America looking like that of a 3rd world country? if that's what you're looking for, sorry you won't find that because slums in 3rd world countries can't be on the same level with that of 1st world counties geddit?

One more thing, the way a slum looks like in a 3rd world country won't look like that of a 1st world country, but if they have similar or related features, they are tagged and termed to be of same meaning.

A slum is a slum, whether be it in America, Nairobi or Lagos.

Lastly, if you don't want us to tag these pics on this thread slums, you can as well give us your own name or the name you think we should call these places.

So

1) You can't find "slums" that look like third world slums in the USA pix to post.

2) The UN says there are no slums in the USA. Hence they (that know more than you) do not "tag and term those areas to be of same meaning".

3) I gave you the working definition of slum by the UN and your pix do not fit these definitiona.

Yet you are claiming these are SLUMS?

And I am the one having an Erektion? I am the one trying to twist the meaning of slum? Not you?

So what are you having? An ecclestical orgazim?
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by honeric01(m): 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2010
Sagamite:

You live in Nigeria.

Show me a few streets in Nigeria that are better than that that are not in VI or Ikoyi or Ikeja. Take your time and research.

Do you have problem with comprehension? i said this thread is not for comparison, can't you read this for once?

Sagamite:

1) You can't find "slums" that look like third world slums in the USA pix to post.

2) The UN says there are no slums in the USA. Hence they (that know more than you) do not "tag and term those areas to be of same meaning".

3) I gave you the working definition of slum by the UN and your pix do not fit these definitiona.

And I am the one having an Erektion? I am the one trying to twist the meaning of slum? Not you?

As a 1st world country, that is a slum, if you like fine-tune it anyhow, it's your problem, not mind bro, A slum is a slum as long as it fits the definition of the UN.

Do you mean those houses are of accepted standards in the US? does those streets look like a typical American street?

UN definition:

Lacking security is another meaning of a slum, and you can't tell me some part of Philly and Detroit are not slums, we already saw posts posted by some members on this thread about security is these place.
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Sagamite(m): 4:12pm On Aug 07, 2010
honeric01:

Do you have problem with comprehension? i said this thread is not for comparison, can't you read this for once?

No, you might have.

Check the first page, and then look at post marked as #2, #6, #9, #18 by Mbeki and see the reasoning why he opened the thread.

honeric01:

As a 1st world country, that is a slum, if you like fine-tune it anyhow, it's your problem, not mind bro, A slum is a slum as long as it fits the definition of the UN.

Going back to comprehension and struggling with it. I repeat the CLEAR definition of a slum:

Sagamite:

Here is the UN's definition of slum:

"A UN Expert Group recently recommended to policy makers and international bodies what they consider to be a more operational definition of a slum, one that is intended to enable better targeting of improvement programmes aimed primarily at resolving the physical and legal problems faced by slum dwellers. According to these experts, a slum is [size=14pt]an area[/size] that combines to various extents the following characteristics:

• Inadequate access to safe water;
• Inadequate access to sanitation and other infrastructure;
• Poor structural quality of housing;
• Overcrowding; and
• Insecure residential status."

How do the areas (not houses, if we are talking about comprehension) fit those descriptions?

Do they have inadequate access to safe water? They have no water in their taps? Water from the taps there are not drinkable?

Do they have inadequate access to sanitation and other infrastructure? There are no toilets or bathrooms? There is no drainage system?

The houses in the neighbourhood are not structural sound? They are made of bamboo or zinc?

Are the residents of the AREA insecure? Their government can come and bulldoze the neighbourhood because of lack of planning permits?

The only criteria that might fit is possibly overcrowding, but that is even by house by house case, not AREA. Not people building a shack 4 metres next to each other.

So what are you struggling to understand about this? You just want to change the rules to suit you? You want to twist the meaning of slum?

honeric01:

Do you mean those houses are of accepted standards in the US? does those streets look like a typical American street?

UN definition:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-488110.224.html#msg6529251

honeric01:

Lacking security is another meaning of a slum, and you can't tell me some part of Philly and Detroit are not slums, we already saw posts posted by some members on this thread about security is these place.

Are you redefining what a slum is as you please or you struggle to "comprehend" what the slum definition mean by "insecure residential status"?
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 07, 2010
Sagamite:

I went to school. And it was a far better one than yours.

Take a look at post No 2 and 6 by Mbeki. Did your school teach you to read in English?
congrats if you went to harvard,you can hit your head on the wall if you like.is mbeki the only person replying to this thread ? NO
you are justing spewing rubbish. I wonder who gave you the impression that the best streets in nigeria are found in ikeja or festac. Wtf
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Sagamite(m): 4:32pm On Aug 07, 2010
Neptunz:

congrats if you went to harvard,you can hit your head on the wall if you like.is mbeki the only person replying to this thread ? NO
you are justing spewing rubbish.

Oh, so it is not Mbeki's posts that matter anymore? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So what happened to:

Neptunz:

And I am the one spewing rubbish? grin grin grin grin grin

And we are still talking about going to school? grin

Neptunz:

I wonder who gave you the impression that the best streets in nigeria are found in ikeja or festac. Wtf

Where did you see me state that the best streets in Nigeria are in Ikeja and Festac?

Are we are still talking about going to school? What school did you go to? Where is your comprehension?

I am comparing streets in so called "slums" to average middle-class areas of Nigeria.

Are you saying it would be best to compare the streets of deprived areas of USA to the best in Nigeria before we can get a par?
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2010
Sagamite:

You live in Nigeria.

So

In your own word ''show me a few streets in nigeria that are better than that that are in VI or IKOYI or IKEJA ?
please,can you clarify what you meant by this ?
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Sagamite(m): 4:45pm On Aug 07, 2010
Neptunz:

In your own word ''show me a few streets in nigeria that are better than that that are in VI or IKOYI or IKEJA ?
please,can you clarify what you meant by this ?

Oooops! Sorry!

Is that what they taught you in your school? Make assumptions and ask for clarifications afterwards?

Shocking!

So where is the Festac you claimed I said was one of the best in Nigeria?

Neptunz:

you are justing spewing rubbish. I wonder who gave you the impression that the best streets in nigeria are found in ikeja or festac. Wtf
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2010
You've categorised festac as a total slum in one of your posts somewhere.however,your assumption that the best streets in nigeria are found in VI,IKOYI and IKEJA only show your ignorance of nigeria.Admit it. . .mschew
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Sagamite(m): 4:55pm On Aug 07, 2010
Neptunz:

You've categorised festac as a total slum in one of your posts somewhere.

Err!

Now your school na wah o.

So what has classifying Festac as a slum got to do with it being one of the best streets in Nigeria?
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2010
Because you believe most streets in lagos are no better than those in festac.ThankGod you admit to that but i'm still waiting for your response to the other one on ikeja,VI and IKOYI .i can see you are ignoring it
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Sagamite(m): 5:08pm On Aug 07, 2010
Neptunz:

Because you believe most streets in lagos are no better than those in festac. ThankGod you admit to that

Where did I state that?

Where did I admit that?

Do you have any cell in your brain at all?

Are you really this daft?

Neptunz:

but i'm still waiting for your response to the other one on ikeja,VI and IKOYI .i can see you are ignoring it

I am addressing your Festac first. I don't allow strawmans being applied on me.

You actually got away with the "Mbeki's posts does not matter" (despite him being the one that launched the thread and what you first referred to) by using change of subject strawman.
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by honeric01(m): 5:45pm On Aug 07, 2010
Sagamite:

Going back to comprehension. I repeat the CLEAR definition of a slum:

How do the areas (not houses, if we are talking about comprehension) fit those descriptions?

Do they have inadequate access to safe water? They have no water in their taps? Water from the taps there are not drinkable?

Do they have inadequate access to sanitation and other infrastructure? There are no toilets or bathrooms? There is no drainage system?

Those houses are not structural quality sound? They are made of bamboo or zinc?

Are the residents insecure? Their government can come and bulldoze it because of lack of planning permits?

The only criteria that might fit is overcrowding?

So what are you struggling to understand about this? You just want to change the rules to suit you?

Are you redefining what a slum is as you please or you struggle to comprehend what the definition mean by "insecure residential status"?

You have a problem, you copied the part you felt aided your argument and left the first definition from the same UN, I'm SORRY i can't help you. sad

Slum
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Slum in Mumbai, India. 55% of the population of Mumbai live in slums, which cover only 6% of the city's land.[1] Slum growth rate in Mumbai is greater than the general urban growth rate.[2]

A slum, as defined by the United Nations agency UN-HABITAT, is a run-down area of a city characterized by substandard housing and squalor and lacking in tenure security. According to the United Nations, the proportion of urban dwellers living in slums decreased from 47 percent to 37 percent in the developing world between 1990 and 2005.[3] However, due to rising population, the number of slum dwellers is rising. One billion people worldwide live in slums[4] and the figure will likely grow to 2 billion by 2030.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slum

Slums are a physical and spatial manifestation of urban poverty. People living in slums have little or no access to services such as water, sanitation, and solid waste collection. Most of the housing structures in slums are sub-standard and do not comply with local building codes.

http://ww2.unhabitat.org/mdg/

slum

1. To endure conditions or accommodations that are worse than what one is accustomed to.
http://www.answers.com/topic/slum

Take note of this particular information, it's of good value to you and those arguing.

Slums in the traditional sense are housing areas that were once respectable – even desirable – but which deteriorated
after the original dwellers moved on to new and better parts of the city. The condition of the old homes declined as
they were progressively subdivided and rented out to lower income people.

What is a slum?
Since it first appeared in the 1820s, the word slum has been used to identify the poorest quality housing, and the
most unsanitary conditions; a refuge for marginal activities including crime, ‘vice’ and drug abuse; a likely source
for many epidemics that ravaged urban areas; a place apart from all that was decent and wholesome. Today, the
catchall term “slum” is loose and deprecatory. It has many connotations and meanings and is seldom used by
the more sensitive, politically correct, and academically rigorous. But in developing countries, the word lacks the
pejorative and divisive original connotation, and simply refers to lower quality or informal housing.

HELP YOURSELF WITH THE REST.
http://www.unhabitat.org/downloads/docs/4625_51419_GC%2021%20What%20are%20slums.pdf

I am done helping you comprehend. sad sad sad
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 07, 2010
You think i have the time searching for your ignorant comment from all these pages ? I knew what your comment about festac was and that is why i made reference to it now. .you made the silly comment just like you made that of IKEJA,VI and ikoyi;and this is why i didnt let this one slide.
anyways,i'm still waiting for your reply on ikeja,ikoyi and vi re
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Sagamite(m): 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2010
honeric01:

You have a problem, you copied the part you felt aided your argument and left the first definition from the same UN, I'm SORRY i can't help you. sad

No!

I sought and found the full explanation of slum, not a summary, so as to reduce ambiguity.

What I dug up helped to display what is meant by "sub-standard", not your own interpretation, which was wrong.

honeric01:

Slum
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Slum in Mumbai, India. 55% of the population of Mumbai live in slums, which cover only 6% of the city's land.[1] Slum growth rate in Mumbai is greater than the general urban growth rate.[2]

A slum, as defined by the United Nations agency UN-HABITAT, is a run-down area of a city characterized by substandard housing and squalor and lacking in tenure security. According to the United Nations, the proportion of urban dwellers living in slums decreased from 47 percent to 37 percent in the developing world between 1990 and 2005.[3] However, due to rising population, the number of slum dwellers is rising. One billion people worldwide live in slums[4] and the figure will likely grow to 2 billion by 2030.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slum

That is a summary that was expantiated by what I dug up.

What I dug up is more details.

honeric01:

Slums are a physical and spatial manifestation of urban poverty. People living in slums have [b]little or no access to services such as water, sanitation, and solid waste collection. Most of the housing structures in slums are sub-standard and do not comply with local building codes. [/b]

http://ww2.unhabitat.org/mdg/

Ok. Explain to me how the neighbourhoods you brought up have the bolded.

I wait patiently.

honeric01:

slum

1. To endure conditions or accommodations that are worse than what one is accustomed to.
http://www.answers.com/topic/slum

What the heck is this?

You dug up the meaning of "slum it" and displayed it to me as the meaning of slum?

honeric01:

Take note of this particular information, it's of good value to you and those arguing.

Slums in the traditional sense are housing areas that were once respectable – even desirable – but which deteriorated
after the original dwellers moved on to new and better parts of the city. The condition of the old homes declined as
they were progressively subdivided and rented out to lower income people.

Where the freaking hell did you get this from?

I laugh. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Please I am interested in your source. grin grin grin grin grin

It is a laughable explanation. I am almost cracking a rib. grin grin grin grin grin

Please where did you get it from? Makoko must not be a slum because (according to the funny definition you provided) it was never once respectable place that people moved out from. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

honeric01:

What is a slum?
Since it first appeared in the 1820s, the word slum has been used to identify the poorest quality housing, and the
most unsanitary conditions; a refuge for marginal activities including crime, ‘vice’ and drug abuse; a likely source
for many epidemics that ravaged urban areas; a place apart from all that was decent and wholesome. Today, the
catchall term “slum” is loose and deprecatory
. It has many connotations and meanings and is seldom used by
the more sensitive, politically correct, and academically rigorous. But in developing countries, the word lacks the
pejorative and divisive original connotation, and simply refers to lower quality or informal housing.

HELP YOURSELF WITH THE REST.
http://www.unhabitat.org/downloads/docs/4625_51419_GC%2021%20What%20are%20slums.pdf

I am done helping you comprehend. sad sad sad

I have bolded the point.
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Sagamite(m): 6:27pm On Aug 07, 2010
Neptunz:

You think i have the time searching for your ignorant comment from all these pages ? I knew what your comment about festac was and that is why i made reference to it now. .you made the silly comment just like you made that of IKEJA,VI and ikoyi;and this is why i didnt let this one slide.
anyways,i'm still waiting for your reply on ikeja,ikoyi and vi re

You are a slowpoke.

Show me where I said Festac was one of the best parts in Nigeria.

Or admit you did not comprehend before you made assumptions.
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by honeric01(m): 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2010
Sagamite:

No!

I sought and found the full explanation of slum, not a summary, so as to reduce ambiguity.

What I dug up helped to display what is meant by "sub-standard", not your own interpretation, which was wrong.

That is a summary that was expantiated by what I dug up.

What I dug up is more details.

Ok. Explain to me how the neighbourhoods you brought up have the bolded.

I wait patiently.

What the heck is this?

You dug up the meaning of "slum it" and displayed it to me as the meaning of slum?

Where the freaking hell did you get this from?

I laugh. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Please I am interested in your source. grin grin grin grin grin

It is a laughable explanation. I am almost cracking a rib. grin grin grin grin grin

Please where did you get it from? Makoko must not be a slum because (according to the funny definition you provided) it was never once respectable place that people moved out from. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I have bolded the point.

your case get K-leg lol, i don tire for u my bro.

the source is from UN's website, i thought you knew UN's website on slum and MDG.

I can't bother myself explaining things to you word by word, if you can't help yourself with UN's article on SLUMS, then no one else can. grin
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Sagamite(m): 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2010
honeric01:

your case get K-leg lol, i don tire for u my bro.

the source is from UN's website, i thought you knew UN's website on slum and MDG.

I can't bother myself explaining things to you word by word, if you can't help yourself with UN's article on SLUMS, then no one else can. grin

That freaking hell funny definition was from the UN?  undecided
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by honeric01(m): 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2010
^^

See question, didn't you see the source i posted? abi make i buy you unrefined palmwine make u take clear your eyes? undecided
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 07, 2010
Sagamite:

You are a slowpoke.

Show me where I said Festac was one of the best parts in Nigeria.

Or admit you did not comprehend before you made assumptions.
i will leave you to continue wandering in your ignorance. .you definitely do not know much about those areas;and that is why you are spewing rubbish.you comment about festac was not being a good part of nigeria but you down-rated it as a slum.i dont need to force you to consider that statement if you truly made it but i can tell you that was indeed what you said about festac.
your ignorant of nigeria is irritating and the painful part is your arrogant towards knowledge.
i'm still asking you if truly the best streets in NIGERIA are in VI,IKOYI and ikeja  ? And you keep ignoring it.why ?
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Sagamite(m): 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2010
Neptunz:

i will leave you to continue wandering in your ignorance. .you definitely do not know much about those areas;and that is why you are spewing rubbish.you comment about festac was not being a good part of nigeria but you down-rated it as a slum.i dont need to force you to consider that statement if you truly made it but i can tell you that was indeed what you said about festac.
your ignorant of nigeria is irritating and the painful part is your arrogant towards knowledge.
i'm still asking you if truly the best streets in NIGERIA are in VI,IKOYI and ikeja  ? And you keep ignoring it.why ?

See me, see wahala o.

You ranted this much and yet can not show me where I said Festac is one of the best parts of Nigeria? shocked

Don't let me dig into you further with your silly statements.

Because, if I remember correctly, what I said was that, if (I take it your school taught you the meaning of that 2 letter word) the some of the places in USA shown as slum are slums, then Festac is a slum.

The operative word is "if". School?
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Sagamite(m): 7:16pm On Aug 07, 2010
honeric01:

^^

See question, didn't you see the source i posted? abi make i buy you unrefined palmwine make u take clear your eyes? undecided

You don't have to accept everything stated sometimes. Reading that quickly and clearly makes it obvious to me that that was a junk definition.

People that work in UN are not Gods. When I see junk, I know.

That was junk statement by the author.
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by honeric01(m): 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2010
Sagamite:

You don't have to accept everything stated sometimes. Reading that quickly and clearly makes it obvious to me that that was a junk definition.

People that work in UN are not Gods. When I see junk, I know.

That was junk statement by the author.

grin grin grin grin grin grin SAGAMITE, you are a CLOWN grin grin grin grin

You have been posting the same UN's definition to buttress your arguments since morning, now you want to discredit the same UN?

Bro, i still have the palmwine offer for you oo, you need 1 full bottle, it will surely clear your eyes from self deceit grin grin grin grin
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Sagamite(m): 7:25pm On Aug 07, 2010
honeric01:

grin grin grin grin grin grin SAGAMITE, you are a CLOWN grin grin grin grin

You have been posting the same UN's definition to buttress your arguments since morning, now you want to discredit the same UN?

Bro, i still have the palmwine offer for you oo, you need 1 full bottle, it will surely clear your eyes from self deceit  grin grin grin grin

Because I have been posting UN definition, I should not highlight any part of it that is junk and fails a simple test because it was written by someone in the UN?  undecided

Someone made a statement that makes the worst slums on earth uncategorisable as slum and I should accept it?

Is Makoko not a slum? Was it ever a reasonable or desirable abode? Are there not several slums that start from a single shack on a derelict place and mushroomed to huge stinks which by the junk definition of the UN guy are "not" slums.

Puhlease, I qualify everything that goes in my head. I didn't go to Neptunz's school. That was JUNK!
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by honeric01(m): 7:27pm On Aug 07, 2010
Sagamite:

Because I have been posting UN definition, I should not highlight any part of it that is junk and fails a simple test because it was written by someone in the UN? undecided

Someone made a statement that makes the worst slums on earth uncategorisable as slum and I should accept it?

Is Makoko not a slum? Was it ever a reasonable or desirable abode? Are there not several slums that start from a single shack on a derelict place which by the junk definition are "not" slums.

Puhlease, I qualify everything that goes in my head. That was JUNK!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

So according to you, these pics posted on the thread can be placed under what title different from being called a SLUM?
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 07, 2010
Sagamite:

See me, see wahala o.

You ranted this much and yet can not show me where I said Festac is one of the best parts of Nigeria?  shocked

Don't let me dig into you further with your silly statements.

Because, if I remember correctly, what I said was that, if (I take it your school taught you the meaning of that 2 letter word) the some of the places in USA shown as slum are slums, then Festac is a slum.

The operative word is "if". School?
why should do i show you  ? I expected you to be intelligent enough to remember what you said a couple of days back cuz your education is a waste if you can't. . .btw,the issue of festac is not the main appointment other than your blunder that the best streets in nigeria are in ikeja,vi and ikoyi. .will answer that for me now ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigeria has finished me!! / The Remaining States That Will Decide The Winner Of The Presidential Election / Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.