Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,023 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells (15113 Views)

Am I Into Witchcraft Or What's Wrong? Pastors In The House / Magic Mushrooms Or Magic Plants / There Is No Existence Of Witchcraft Or Money Ritual, See Proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by frank317: 11:00am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:

Fortunately I've once attended mfm and I will tell you one thing that I got from it. I learnt not dreaming is not normal. I've always thought it's normal not to dream. NPComplete you are talking to someone who has seen the good and bad side of religion. I'm telling you some of this are real.

If you are going against something, you need to understand the strength and weakness of it. You Atheists are underestimating what makes religion thick. And how our environment is a perfect recipes for it.

The MFM thought u that not dreaming is not normal and u thought u have learnt something valuable.

Why is not dreaming not normal?

Must someone dream every night?

How can u tell if someone did not even dream because sometimes people forget about their dreams day in day out.

What is the effect of not dreaming at all. Why is this a valuable information to u?

1 Like

Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by NPComplete: 11:04am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:

Once again bullshit. The inability to predict the future is logic. Haven't you heard that no one can predict tomorrow. Just because it's not scientific doesn't mean it's not logic. The sun will set tomorrow is logic. It's not science.

And I'm not admitting to rubbish. As long as science doesn't have evidence, it stand on the same footing as religion.

You waiting for science explanation seems crazy to me. The same way me resorting to religion is crazy to you.

Unfortunately for u, people have made a career out of predicting tomorrow. So u don't know what u are talking about. The 2008 financial crisis is an example. So please tell me how u are able to defy logic.

Nope. Science doesn't stand on the same footing as religion. It never has. It never will. It is far superior to religion. It stands scrutiny. It admits when it doesnt know the answer to something. And it is willing to discard old notions based on new knowledge. So spare me.

Yes I am waiting for a scientific explanation because religious ones have failed time and again. If u dispute this then bring your proof. There is a thread open promising a pecuniary reward if u are able to prove the verifiability of your claims. Please take the challenge.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by budaatum: 11:08am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:

You know nothing and you're not ready to learn
But I am learning! I'm learning how your head works. I'm tempted to ask if you are 12 years old, by the way but it would be rude of me to ask!

Just look how many teachers you have on here, and you want to claim you know better!
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by luvmijeje(f): 11:09am On Dec 16, 2018
NPComplete:

Unfortunately for u, people have made a career out of predicting tomorrow. So u don't know what u are talking about. The 2008 financial crisis is an example. So please tell me how u are able to defy logic.

Nope. Science doesn't stand on the same footing as religion. It never has. It never will. It is far superior to religion. It stands scrutiny. And it is willing to discard old notions based on new knowledge. So spare me.

Yes I am waiting for a scientific explanation because religious ones have failed time and again. If u dispute this then bring your proof. There is a thread open promising a pecuniary reward if u are able to prove the verifiability of your claims. Please take the challenge.

You are the evidence. You were able to see what will happen tomorrow via your dream. I learnt that from religion. Did you learn yours from science?
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by luvmijeje(f): 11:12am On Dec 16, 2018
budaatum:

But I am learning! I'm learning how your head works. I'm tempted to ask if you are 12 years old, by the way but it would be rude of me to ask!

Just look how many teachers you have on here, and you want to claim you know better!

What teachers? Teachers who lack the power of perspective. Please spare me the bullshit.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by NPComplete: 11:13am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:

You are the evidence. You were able to see what will happen tomorrow via your dream. I learnt that from religion. Did you learn yours from science?

Lol how is that religious. This is the most disappointing thing I have read from u all day. Come on!! You are smarter than this.

I drink water and eat too. I can also roll my tongue and wiggle my ears. I guess that is evidence of your religion.

I give up.

Abeg Frank317 and Budaatum make una continue with her. Me don sign out.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by frank317: 11:15am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:

So you believe the aspect of the doctor telling the patient to seek for traditional help. Can you relate the title of this thread to the above?

Traditional help is what it is... Using herbs and and traditional knowledge.

The topic says there is nothing like witchcraft or magic spell traditional healing is not witchcraft and magic
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by budaatum: 11:16am On Dec 16, 2018
NPComplete:

Lol how is that religious. This is the most disappointing thing I have read from u all day. Come on!! You are smarter than this.

I drink water and eat too. I can also roll my tongue and wiggle my ears. I guess that is evidence of your religion.

I give up.

I signed out already lol!
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by luvmijeje(f): 11:18am On Dec 16, 2018
NPComplete:

I give up.

I came prepared for all bullshits. And this is just round 1. I'll be back for round 2. See you all later.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by LordReed(m): 11:20am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:
Vaxx, I need your opinion on this.

I visited a very close friend of mine last week who had not been able to walk for the past 8 months. According to him this was what happened :

On this fateful day he went clubbing as usual and decides to take a stroll to a brothel not far from the club. Then he was accosted by three young guys who brought out guns and knives. He said, they robbed him of his phones and wallets. And they started rubbing one of the knives over his body. There was no hard contact. So they asked him to start running but he could only walk backward because he was afraid. And they followed him till he got to a brt terminal. Before he knew it, he fell down and couldn't stand up again. He told me the knife was jazzed because that's the only explanation he could come up with. They didn't beat nor cut him. The only contact was the knife rubbing.

That's someone close to me. How do you expect me hear that and still believe there's no black magic?

Ever hear of nerve agents. I can bet you a significant amount that there are substances able to inhibit motor functions in a normal human being. Like I pointed out in a different thread there is always physical contact in the so called juju that seems to work, this one is no different.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by servercodes001: 11:29am On Dec 16, 2018
NPComplete:

The problem I have with this kind of stories is that there is no proof for it. Even you claiming this haven't seen anyone it actually happened to right on the spot. It is just anecdotes u are sharing here like it happened to u.
Trust me, if such things happened it will be more rampant. All these hungry boys need to do is go to the front of a bank and start touching everyone that comes out of there. Why even stop at money? Why not touch them and ask them to hand over the deeds for their lands. Or sign over their shops and companies. It is intellectual laziness that cause people like u to believe these stories.

There is another thread where u have all been asked to provide evidence for all these claims. That thread led to the OP creating this thread. None of u could provide evidence there. Yet u all ran here to continue pushing stories that u couldn't prove. Lol.

The irony is every proof is invalid to you
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by frank317: 11:29am On Dec 16, 2018
luvmijeje:

I came prepared for all bullshits. And this is just round 1. I'll be back for round 2. See you all later.

U have said nothing meaningful my dear friend

What explanation has religion given that science cannot?

How is going to traditional healers for healing a spiritual exercise?

What is the relevance of dreaming every night, since u thinks its something important u learnt from religion?

Ability to predict the future using ur dream is nothing spiritual, it's intuition. Intuitive people are really capable of that, however they are not always right... The bring in related things and claim it is in line with their predictions. Eg. U dream of being shot while in a car, but in reality u have an accident... Sharp religions predictors will tell u that their predictions that u will be shot (bases on ur dream) have come to pass, despite the situation being obviously different. However, the victim will believe as long as something bad actually happened.

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by NPComplete: 11:43am On Dec 16, 2018
servercodes001:

The irony is every proof is invalid to you

Which proof have u provided yet? Just provide one. Lol.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by LordReed(m): 5:08pm On Dec 16, 2018
budaatum:

I do know why people are religious. Religion is how we used to educate you once a week before we decided to turn it into school and educate you five days a week instead.

Five days, luvmi! But you want to claim what you learn on Sunday is superior!

Budaa can kill sha. LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by DeSepiero(m): 5:56pm On Dec 16, 2018
NPComplete:

U see what I said. Religion is not good for your health. Everybody dreams. But most times we do not remember what we dreamt about or whether we dreamt. Even the one we do remember is usually a minuscule percentage of what we actually dreamt about. That is the normal way dreams work. So once again those MFM guys have monkeyed up normal science.

Not an atheist by the way. But nobody is underestimating what makes religions tick. Not any atheist or irreligious person I know of does that. We know all exactly what makes religions tick. It is a result of the toxic combination of massive ignorance, superstitions, illiteracy, desperation, dogmatism and resistance to scrutiny.

I've been laughing at your joint convo with budaatum and luvmijeje. Damn! Epic! I'm stil not done.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by princfred(m): 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2018
NPComplete:

First u claimed children believe they know it all. Now after I corrected u instead of u to accept correction, u decided to change the wording to "children are confident in things they believe are true". Very sneaky.
And yes u can convince children that no ghost will carry him in a dark room. Some children do sleep in dark rooms alone. You are just generalising to make a point that isn't there.
Time and exposure can teach me some things. But when I ask u with the time and exposure to expose me to what u have been exposed to by real evidence u start dancing galala up and down the thread.

Guy shift abeg.
Am not interested in convincing you to believe things you are bent on not believing. Why should convince a Child that no ghost will come for him if he is already bent on one coming. If playing around my semantics choice to use as counter points against me is what are into, enjoy yourself. Children believe in many things which you can't talk them out of and you as a child believed in many things which only time and exposure made you know are not as you thought. However you want to spin in for your self imposed scientific limitations is your prerogative. Science was, is and will always have limitations to what is within its grasp and if your mind is trapped, confined and limited to only the boundaries of science then you are operating under a limited spectrum.

Even science appreciates that there are spectrums of life beyond its empirical realm hence metaphysics.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by princfred(m): 7:41pm On Dec 16, 2018
frank317:
See when u carelessly make statements like this I tend not to take u serious. But let me break down ur words for u

U see u deliberately did this. Whats 'becomes rampant physically " does that phrase even make sense? U guys just deceitfully throw in words just to talk long statements. Someone says he has seen where a person is touched and he starts responding to him, is that not a spiritual thing?(according to u guys). How does its repeated occurrence turned to "become rampant physically? How does the spiritual become rampant turns it to physical. Why are u dishonest?

Watch how u still played around with words here. If the invisible becomes visible. If an invisible man carries a book up, he he now becomes visible? So why make the statement when it's false and when no one is asking the invisible to become visible?
U guys are the ones saying u have witnessed the invisible, we are asking how? And why having more people witnessed it... We are not asking that it should change to visible.

Just because what i write is beyond your self imposed limits does not mean those with better exposure dont know them to be true. If you insist on evidence, will you provide your boxers and pubic hairs soo we use it to make juju that you will remain impotent for life? Or you don't know the spiritual only affects the normal at a huge cost not to merely jiggle it.

How will it not become rampant if it has to interfere for you maybe not once but as many times as you wish to before you will be convinced them to millions of others like you?

If an invisible man carries a book up will you not out of your self imposed mind say its a fluke or mere coincidence and how will that convince other millions like you? And how will that not lead to chaos in a bid to convince you all? And how will weak minds live after such convictions?

You ask for things beyond your mind as many have gone mad or had their minds permanently damaged in that route my friend. Take it easy when its your time and your mind is capable of handling certain things and still operate/transcend to normal, what you seek will be revealed to you .
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by MuttleyLaff: 10:36pm On Dec 16, 2018
frank317:
Oya, luvmi, tell us just one thing religion provides an explanation for. Just 1
This is like saying:
Tell us, just one thing a mouse does, provide an explanation for it. Just 1

It really is quite simple,
we all know, accept and agree that words change meaning all the time
In the passage of time, the word, religion, just like the mouse, is no exception to this observation.

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.
Now give a man a certain wrong religion we've become accustomed to and he'll die praying for fish.

Despite what many people think, religion is not a worship or belief in the existence of whatever supernatural being.
Fact is, religion is formed out of patterns of thoughts and core ordinary behaviours fitted together in a particular way.
Fashion, football, other sports & food for some, have become a religion, as a result of us having these distinctive thoughts and ritualised behaviours

The truth of the matter is there is no true and pure religion in the world,
more than one, that embodies theology, love, empathy, compassion and/or tender-heartedness

No one, in their right senses, will advocate, doing away with a religion such as true and pure as this

Buddhism
with its right-thinking love, empathy, compassion and/or tender-heartedness ideology sells itself short, by being Godless

luvmijeje:
Don't you see people going to spiritual center for issues the hospital can't find solution to.
Haven't you heard of a medical doctor advising patients to seek for alternative solutions to their issue.
People going to spiritual center for issues the hospital can't find solution to, go there, to have the troubled soul healed.

budaatum:
Luvmi, please respect us, if just a little!
Have you ever gone to a spiritual centre for an issue hospitals can't find solution to?
Did your issue get solved?
Very good question budaatum
I would like to see luvmijeje's no holds barred, frank, honest and outright response to this
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 16, 2018
nwabekeyi:
still we cannot accept his existence unless you go into the lab and prove it.
Go into a lab and prove God? A spirit -- a person with His own personality?
Atheists are really stupid people with pseudo-intelligence.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by Nobody: 5:56am On Dec 17, 2018
Jayhazard:

Go into a lab and prove God? A spirit -- a person with His own personality?
Atheists are really stupid people with pseudo-intelligence.
if it can't be proven in a lab, then it doesn't exist.
Spirits don't exist
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by Originakalokalo(m): 6:31am On Dec 17, 2018
nwabekeyi:
Spirits don't exist

We cannot prove the existence of conscience in a lab too. ..

Therefore, it doesn't exist.

Good conclusion from you.

Keep it up.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by NPComplete: 6:34am On Dec 17, 2018
princfred:
Am not interested in convincing you to believe things you are bent on not believing. Why should convince a Child that no ghost will come for him if he is already bent on one coming. If playing around my semantics choice to use as counter points against me is what are into, enjoy yourself. Children believe in many things which you can't talk them out of and you as a child believed in many things which only time and exposure made you know are not as you thought. However you want to spin in for your self imposed scientific limitations is your prerogative. Science was, is and will always have limitations to what is within its grasp and if your mind is trapped, confined and limited to only the boundaries of science then you are operating under a limited spectrum.

Even science appreciates that there are spectrums of life beyond its empirical realm hence metaphysics.

Nonsense. Like I said; shift.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by LordReed(m): 7:16am On Dec 17, 2018
Originakalokalo:

We cannot prove the existence of conscience in a lab too. ..

Therefore, it doesn't exist.

Good conclusion from you.

Keep it up.

Don't even need a lab to prove consciousness, no brain no consciousness, very simple. Meanwhile prove humans have a spirit.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by frank317: 7:17am On Dec 17, 2018
princfred:
Just because what i write is beyond your self imposed limits does not mean those with better exposure dont know them to be true. If you insist on evidence, will you provide your boxers and pubic hairs soo we use it to make juju that you will remain impotent for life? Or you don't know the spiritual only affects the normal at a huge cost not to merely jig it.

How will it not become rampant if it has to interfere for you maybe not once but as many times as you wish to before you will be convinced them to millions of others like you?

If an invisible man carries a book up will you not out of your self imposed mind say its a fluke or mere coincidence and how will that convince other millions like you? And how will that not lead to chaos in a bid to convince you all? And how will weak minds live after such convictions?

You ask for things beyond your mind as many have gone mad or had their minds permanently damaged in that route my friend. Take it easy when its your time and your mind is capable of handling certain things and still operate/transcend to normal, what you seek will be revealed to you .

My write up was clear and simple. Just stop being dishonest with too much talk talk
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by princfred(m): 8:06am On Dec 17, 2018
frank317:

My write up was clear and simple. Just stop being dishonest with too much talk talk
Are you accusing me of nonsense? Just stop exposing your little simpletons mind. Because you are a spiritual illiterate does not mean everyone is.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by OpenYourEyes1: 8:07am On Dec 17, 2018
LordReed:

No brain no consciousness, very simple. Meanwhile prove humans have a spirit.
You sound religious not scientific

How do you explain "Near Death Experience" then?
Respected NDE researchers have shown that consciousness exists outside of the brain.
Have you ever imagined what consciousness means? How can you be conscious or aware of your environment when your brain is inactive?

If all this sound strange to you I wonder how you would react if Quantum physics becomes applicable large scale.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 17, 2018
nwabekeyi:
Spirits don't exist
Where do our thoughts come from? How is it possible that our thoughts form words and pictures in our heads? If we think with our brains, how then is it possible for those INTANGIBLE thoughts to be processed by our PHYSICAL brains? How is it possible that we "speak" from within? Well then, I guess thoughts don't exist as well, since they can't be proven in the lab.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by princfred(m): 8:14am On Dec 17, 2018
NPComplete:

Nonsense. Like I said; shift.
It's has to be nonsense to a limited mind even a fool says in his heart that there is no God. The science that recognizes metaphysis must be dumb abi you only select the part of science that enables your self imposed mental boundaries.

Just because there are fake voodoo does not mean their are no real voodoos. Is your mind developd enough to appreciate that?

Btw munch over this:
Science will not give you Peace in THIS world or on your death bed. Science was teaching me in elementary school in the early fifties that an Ice Age was coming. It never came. Now it's teaching global warming. So who's teaching fairy tales? Science can certainly play a role in life and I point to medical research and mankind being able to go to the moon and back. BUT advances in Science amounts to THE CREATOR AND GOD OF THE UNIVERSE "pulling back the curtain" to allow a glimpse into HIS VAST WISDOM, so as to make our short sojourn on Earth a little better. Mathematics is the language with which God wrote nature and science is his signature.

Why would you worship scientific advances when the Creator of all things, including Science, desires to give us all things that are most important in this world? What He wants to give us is His Eternal, unconditional love, acceptance, peace on Earth, and the promise of spending eternity with him. Things science cannot promise nor offer. Those are not only things I wish for. It's a confident assurance of things to come. I look forward to His soon appearing! MARANATHA!. Science can only do so much to help me live out what life and can go anywhere as it's limited.

But I understand that when you're twenty-something, you think you're immortal.
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 17, 2018
LordReed:

Don't even need a lab to prove consciousness, no brain no consciousness, very simple. Meanwhile prove humans have a spirit.
No brain, no consciousness. Our brains are the mighty and creative work of our wonderful creator. If we didn't have brains, then there would be no means for the spiritual to interact with the physical (in terms of thinking). Please answer this question
Since you claim that something must be seen to prove its existence, have you ever seen your thoughts with your bare eyes?
Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by LordReed(m): 8:22am On Dec 17, 2018
OpenYourEyes1:

You sound religious not scientific

How do you explain "Near Death Experience" then?
Respected NDE researchers have shown that consciousness exists outside of the brain.
Have you ever imagined what consciousness means? How can you be conscious or aware of your environment when your brain is inactive?

If all this sound strange to you I wonder how you would react if Quantum physics becomes applicable large scale.

Who told you NDEs occur without brain activity? It has been shown that there is nothing showing an independent part of the human is undergoing NDEs. They put words on top of lights in the surgical theatres and nobody who has experienced NDE has been able to say what those words are.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells by LordReed(m): 8:26am On Dec 17, 2018
Jayhazard:

No brain, no consciousness. Our brains are the mighty and creative work of our wonderful creator. If we didn't have brains, then there would be no means for the spiritual to interact with the physical (in terms of thinking). Please answer this question
Since you claim that something must be seen to prove its existence, have you ever seen your thoughts with your bare eyes?

LoL. You can say this for any of the integral parts of the human body. Without a heart or blood how will the spirit interact with the physical. It proves nothing.

I asked you to prove spirit exists, stop putting words in my mouth to try to change the subject. Answer the question.

Edit: BTW thoughts can be "seen" in an fMRI scanner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

David Oyedepo Celebrates His 63rd Birthday Today / What Is The Essence Of Judgement Day When God Already Knows Our Heart? / Another Nigerian Pastor Involved In A Scam (Sunday Adelaja)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.