Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit (28615 Views)

Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by femi4: 4:55pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Nowhere did I say first fruit is full salary.

Giving first fruit is for those who want Gods respect just as Abel got it.
God didn't respect those that didn't give abi? You are full of false teachings ....continue
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by johnmba: 4:56pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Abel's sacrifice wasn't a monthly thing. It is the book of proverbs that tells us to do it monthly which is usually when we get an increase.

Proverbs 3:9
honor the Lord with your substance and with the first fruit of all thine increase.

Where did it say its monthly in that passage
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by alBHAGDADI: 4:56pm On Jan 06, 2019
promotervickky:
This is an excellent post, first fruit is something Christians who are against it should know... the person that wrote this post is not a pastor neither am i. For those who want to hear. First fruit is Powerful. Enlarging your barns. I won't reply anybody who will be against this.

They don't know that it also comes with a blessing.

Proverbs 3:9-19
9 Honor the Lord with your substance and with the first fruit of all thine increase.
10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by alBHAGDADI: 4:58pm On Jan 06, 2019
johnmba:

Where did it say its monthly in that passage
Is it not every month you get new money? Since you make new money every Month, then you have to honor God every Month. Any month you don't get paid, maybe due to suspension at work, then no first fruit for that month.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by stineb1: 4:58pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ok I don hear. I will give the pastor yams, maize and cassava as was the case in the days of old testament. Definitely not my whole month salary. I am not a fool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by alBHAGDADI: 4:58pm On Jan 06, 2019
femi4:
God didn't respect those that didn't give abi? You are full of false teachings ....continue
Did God respect Cain's sacrifice?

No, he rejected it.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by alBHAGDADI: 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2019
stineb1:
Ok I don hear. I will give the pastor yams, maize and cassava as was the case in the days of old testament. Definitely not my whole month salary. I am not a fool
Good as long as the agricultural produce equates to your ten percent salary. First fruit is the same as tithe.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Fess: 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2019
Why are pastors so particular about first fruits and tithes, but not winning souls to to the Kingdom of God and depopulate the kingdom of Satan?
Many pastors have refused to understand that God is Spirit and His worshippers must also be spiritual. John 4:24. Those who must worship God must be led by the Spirit of God and that includes giving for they're the sons of God Romans 8:14. Obedience to the word of God is better than giving 1 Samuel 15:22.
Paul said, "So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7. Giving must be of the leading of the spirit. If you are not lead, don't give.
If I should be a pastor I would teach how to make disciples of all nations. The angels dance when a soul is won to the Kingdom of God.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 06, 2019
stineb1:

Don't mind the crooks. They want hard cash - lazy people
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by stineb1: 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Is it not every month you get new money? Since you make new money every Month, then you have to honor God every Month. Any month you don't get paid, maybe due to suspension at work, then no first fruit for that month.
This response clearly shows that you are following the selfish doctrine of men and not what God said. Please do not add or subtract to the Gospel. Sort it

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by femi4: 5:03pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Did God respect Cain's sacrifice?

No, he rejected it.
God specifically requested for it. Did God give others such instruction

God told Abram to sacrifice Isaac
Did God give others such instruction
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Iamzik: 5:03pm On Jan 06, 2019
OkCornel:

Per the bolded, I hope you know you just lied.

Money was very much in use back then!

Deuterenomy 14 v 22-29

22 Thou shalt [f]give the tithe of all the increase of thy seed, that cometh forth of the field year by year.

23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God (in the place which he shall choose to cause his Name to dwell there) the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstborn of thy kine, and of thy sheep, that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it, because the place is far from thee, where the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name, [g]when the Lord thy God shall bless thee,

25 Then shalt thou make it in money, and [h]take the money in thine hand, and go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose.

26 And thou shalt bestow the money for whatsoever thine heart desireth: whether it be ox, or sheep, or wine, or strong drink, or whatsoever thine heart desireth: [i]and shalt eat it there before the Lord thy God, and rejoice, both thou, and thine household.

27 And the Levite that is within thy gates, shalt thou not forsake: for he hath neither part nor inheritance with thee.

28 At the end of three years thou shalt [j]bring forth all the tithes of thine increase of the same year, and lay it up within thy gates.

29 Then the Levite shall come, because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee, and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, and shall eat, and be filled, that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Deuteronomy 14 v 24-26 clearly shows that tithe is NOT MONEY!!!

In your quotation did you notice that the money was to be converted back to animal in verse 26?

Did you also notice that the tithe produce was to be eaten by both the tither, the priest and the fatherless?

Compare and contrast with what churches do today

I rest my case

3 Likes

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by betatalk: 5:04pm On Jan 06, 2019
I look forward to long sermon and scripture about love and contentment. Is church now about first fruit , tithe. Bible says seek ye the first the kingdom of God and other things Sha be added unto u. We don't hear anything about holiness na money.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by alBHAGDADI: 5:06pm On Jan 06, 2019
femi4:
God specifically requested for it. Did God give others such instruction

God told Abram to sacrifice Isaac
Did God give others such instruction

Yes. Look below.

9 Honor the Lord with your substance and with the first fruit of all thine increase.
10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by lazarusokafor90(m): 5:06pm On Jan 06, 2019
OkCornel:

Ogbeni...stop twisting scriptures.

Generally, tithe means one-tenth.

How does the tree of knowledge of good & evil represent a tenth of all the trees in the garden of Eden?
I just tire for the guy o. calling the tree in the garden of eden "tithe".

3 Likes

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by johnmba: 5:07pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

So every month i pay tithe and first fruit abi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by femi4: 5:08pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Yes. Look below.

You are quoting the law there. I thought you said it was God's commandments

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by alBHAGDADI: 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2019
femi4:
You are quoting the law there. I thought you said it was God's commandments
Have you all gone nuts?

Is the book of proverbs the law of Moses too? Perhaps, you think everything in the old testament is the law of Moses and should be thrown away. The book of proverbs is the book of wisdom. Throw it away and throw wisdom away too.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by alBHAGDADI: 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2019
johnmba:

So every month i pay tithe and first fruit abi
They are the same. Tithe is first fruit.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by openmine(m): 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

No need for scripture here, just common sense.

If you say first fruit and tithing are different, then you will come across an error. To you, first fruit may be the whole of January salary. Now, if you give the whole of January salary, how will you now pay tithe for January? Can you now see the error?
so now we dont need the holy spirit right now...we need common sense according to professor albhagdadi! grin grin
So you are saying if an unbeliever decides to ask you this simple question,you will grant them such response? cheesy
Where is it written in the bible that firstfruit is a tenth of a month's salary?
If you can't provide "scriptures" to prove your analogies are true,then what you have just written is false!

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by johnmba: 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
They are the same. Tithe is first fruit.

Confusion shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by ogunsbanjul(m): 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2019
All will be well in Jesus name. Firstfruit offering is one of the best things a man can do to seek the face of God. It pays and rewardable according to the experienced payers. May God help and bless us. Happy new year

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by alBHAGDADI: 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2019
openmine:

so now we dont need the holy spirit right now...we need common sense according to professor albhagdadi! grin grin
So you are saying if an unbeliever decides to ask you this simple question,you will grant them such response? cheesy
Where is it written in the bible that firstfruit is a tenth of a month's salary?
If you can't provide "scriptures" to prove your analogies are true,then what you have just written is false!
Who gives you an increase? Is it not God? He says we should honor him with the first fruit of our increase.

Now, how do we know what percentage it is we are to give God from what he gave us? An example is from what Jacob said, which is tenth of all God gives him.

Genesis 28:22
And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 06, 2019
[s]
alBHAGDADI:

We are barely days into the New Year and those against tithe/firstfruits have already started launching their attack on the doctrine. According to these people, the concept of firstfruits is not a doctrine for Christians because we are not under the law of Moses. What they fail to know is that even before the forefathers of Moses were born, God had been collecting first fruits from humans. This post will show that it is God himself that ordained the collection of firstfruits and it is not subject to any law.

The first person recorded to have given first fruit or firstling is Abel the son of Adam and Eve. He and his brother Cain were told to do so By God.

Genesis 4:4
And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

You see, whenever we mention Abel as someone who gave first fruit way before the law of Moses, all those anti-tithers love to give excuses to rubbish such point. One of the excuses they give is that God didn't command or order him to bring any first fruit, which means he did it of his own free will. Before I show you that it is God that commanded Abel and Cain to make that sacrifice, I will first of all like to show you that these anti-tithers understand nothing about the Bible. They don't understand because they lack the spirit of God, that's why someone can deceive them easily against tithing.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and
they are life.

They lack the spirit of God, that's why they don't understand the word of God which is spiritually discerned. Now, let me show you that God gave the command for Abel and Cain to offer sacrifice unto him. See what the Bible said below.

Hebrews 11:4
By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Did you notice the words in bold above? The above verse says Abel offered sacrifice to God by faith. This means he believed in the word of God and proceeded to offer the sacrifice. This clearly shows that the word of God told him to do what he did, meaning he didn't do it if his own free will. See what the Bible says about faith and the word of God below.

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

As seen above, you can't have faith without hearing the word of God. Now, if the Bible in Hebrews 11:4 says Abel had faith in God towards offering a sacrifice, then it means he heard the word of God telling him to offer the sacrifice. He heard the word of God and had faith in it which made him carry out the command.

It's now ridiculous for people who lack understanding of the Bible to sit somewhere and start saying God never commanded Abel to bring first fruits or firstlings. They read the Bible like it's a romance novel, that's why they never grab anything from the word which is spirit.

It is that same practice of Abel that Abraham followed, his grandson Jacob followed and also the children of Israel under the law of Moses. God is still the same yesterday, today and forever. He change not. If he collected first fruit from the people of old even way before the law of Moses, then what makes you think he has changed?

Malachi 3:6
For I am the LORD , I change not;

Yes, I understand that many are angry that today's pastors have abused this doctrine and have enriched themselves with it to the point of living in opulence and flying in jets. But that doesn't mean we should throw away the doctrine which is the word of God. Throwing it away because of them is like throwing away the baby with the bath water.

If you feel your church is one those who have abused this doctrine, then find another church which hasn't; they exist. Mind you, not all churches are really the house of God. As long as the message they preach is works based salvation and not saved by grace alone, then such is not the house of God. Such churches are an example of Cain and his offering. That is why most people who pay first fruits there are not really getting blessed. Let me show you why they are Cain.

Remember we established above that it was the word of God that made Cain and Abel make sacrifice unto God. But how come God rejected Cain's sacrifice but accepted Abel's?

Cain failed to follow instruction given by God's word. How do we know what this instruction is? We know this from Abel's sacrifice which the Bible says God had respect for. Abel made a blood sacrifice unto God, he sacrificed a lamb. Had it been Cain did the same thing, his sacrifice would have been accepted too. Rather, he offered fruits of the ground while Abel offered the blood of a lamb which represents the blood of Jesus Christ who is this Holy Lamb.

Cain's offering was based on his works. He thought if he offered an offering based on his sweat of tilling the soil and harvesting the produce, God will be more pleased by his effort. He failed to obey simple instruction of offering blood sacrifice, instead he relied on his WORKS. His sacrifice represents work based salvation, hence the reason why God rejected it.

Abel on the other hand followed the instructions God gave. He didnt rely on his works but relied on the blood of the lamb which is the same as relying on the blood of Jesus which was sacrificed on the cross. That is what God wants us to do today. But these dubious churches have changed the gospel and are now selling a work based salvation where people No longer rely on the sacrifice of Jesus but on their works of righteousness or their ability not to sin. They have turned their congregation into people who will present works of righteousness which the Bible calls filthy rags before God as their means of salvation.

Isaiah 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing , and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;

They do not know that we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. And it is not of our works lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

So, if your church is telling you that you can lose your salvation and that salvation involves works, then that is a clear pointer that such a place is not the house of God. That is why the pastors of such churches are very wealthy because they do not believe in God and have fleeced the sheep to stupor. If you continue to give your money whether in offering, tithe or first fruit, just know that your money is not reaching God. It's the same as going to GTBank to send Money to me when I don't bank with them. The money won't get to me. You have to look for the right bank which I have an account with before I can receive the money.

To all those who go about telling people Not to pay tithe or give Money to church, be careful or else God will descend on you.

Hebrews 10:31
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

You know little about God's word yet you are going about persuading people to disobeying him. If you have decided not to pay to churches, so be it. But going about telling others to do the same is very dangerous.

Many will come to this thread to try to rubbish it by saying I'm a pastor trying to defend my cake. I'm not a pastor neither do I have a church. People who make such claims only do so to prove they are on the wrong. They attack the messenger while they neglect the message. That is being guilty.
[/s]

Nonsense post. Nothing you pasted up there relates to monetary first fruits as we know it to be from present day fake pastors and their fake churches angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by excondido(m): 5:24pm On Jan 06, 2019
Remember we established above that it was the word of God that made Cain and Abel make sacrifice unto God. But how come God rejected Cain's sacrifice but accepted Abel's?
Cain failed to follow instruction given by God's word. How do we know what this instruction is? We know this from Abel's sacrifice which the Bible says God had respect for. Abel made a blood sacrifice unto God, he sacrificed a lamb. Had it been Cain did the same thing, his sacrifice would have been accepted too. Rather, he offered fruits of the ground while Abel offered the blood of a lamb which represents the blood of Jesus Christ who is this Holy Lamb.

God can never ask you to give what you don't have. so whether Cain gave fruits doesn't really mattered, but the quality of his offering was poor. when God asked Abraham to offer Isaac, he demanded him because that was his best possession. like the widows mite it is an offering of faith and sacrifice that is why it was notable.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by alBHAGDADI: 5:24pm On Jan 06, 2019
ikhileomotayo:
[s][/s]

Nonsense post. Nothing you pasted up there relates to monetary first fruits as we know it to be from present day fake pastors and their fake churches angry
Read the thread and its post to see where I explained how it became money.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by openmine(m): 5:25pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Did you see it to know for sure, or you are just talking?

The Bible says he gave a tenth of ALL, and all means all. Or didn't I show you how it is possible that money was among the spoils of war?

You are really hellbent on inserting money into abraham war spoils grin grin
Oga hebrews 7 has laid to rest what abraham gave...which is a tenth of the plunder(war spoils)

Hebrews 7:4
4 See how great this man was to whom Abraham the patriarch gave a tenth of the war spoils!

what are war spoils according to scriptures?

Genesis 34:28

They took their flocks and their herds and their donkeys, and that which was in the city and that which was in the field;

Exodus 12:36
and the LORD had given the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they let them have their request. Thus they plundered the Egyptians.

Numbers 31:9

The sons of Israel captured the women of Midian and their little ones; and all their cattle and all their flocks and all their goods they plundered.

Deuteronomy 2:35
"We took only the animals as our booty and the spoil of the cities which we had captured.

Deuteronomy 13:16

"Then you shall gather all its booty into the middle of its open square and burn the city and all its booty with fire as a whole burnt offering to the LORD your God; and it shall be a ruin forever. It shall never be rebuilt.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by femi4: 5:27pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Have you all gone nuts?

Is the book of proverbs the law of Moses too? Perhaps, you think everything in the old testament is the law of Moses and should be thrown away. The book of proverbs is the book of wisdom. Throw it away and throw wisdom away too.
Lol...the laws goes beyond the 5 books of Moses. The LAW represent all LAWS. In fact the first verse of the chapter you quoted up there says:

Prov 3:1

3 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

NB: That was King Solomon, not God/Jesus

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by excondido(m): 5:27pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

We are barely days into the New Year and those against tithe/firstfruits have already started launching their attack on the doctrine. According to these people, the concept of firstfruits is not a doctrine for Christians because we are not under the law of Moses. What they fail to know is that even before the forefathers of Moses were born, God had been collecting first fruits from humans. This post will show that it is God himself that ordained the collection of firstfruits and it is not subject to any law.

The first person recorded to have given first fruit or firstling is Abel the son of Adam and Eve. He and his brother Cain were told to do so By God.

Genesis 4:4
And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

You see, whenever we mention Abel as someone who gave first fruit way before the law of Moses, all those anti-tithers love to give excuses to rubbish such point. One of the excuses they give is that God didn't command or order him to bring any first fruit, which means he did it of his own free will. Before I show you that it is God that commanded Abel and Cain to make that sacrifice, I will first of all like to show you that these anti-tithers understand nothing about the Bible. They don't understand because they lack the spirit of God, that's why someone can deceive them easily against tithing.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and
they are life.

They lack the spirit of God, that's why they don't understand the word of God which is spiritually discerned. Now, let me show you that God gave the command for Abel and Cain to offer sacrifice unto him. See what the Bible said below.

Hebrews 11:4
By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Did you notice the words in bold above? The above verse says Abel offered sacrifice to God by faith. This means he believed in the word of God and proceeded to offer the sacrifice. This clearly shows that the word of God told him to do what he did, meaning he didn't do it if his own free will. See what the Bible says about faith and the word of God below.

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

As seen above, you can't have faith without hearing the word of God. Now, if the Bible in Hebrews 11:4 says Abel had faith in God towards offering a sacrifice, then it means he heard the word of God telling him to offer the sacrifice. He heard the word of God and had faith in it which made him carry out the command.

It's now ridiculous for people who lack understanding of the Bible to sit somewhere and start saying God never commanded Abel to bring first fruits or firstlings. They read the Bible like it's a romance novel, that's why they never grab anything from the word which is spirit.

It is that same practice of Abel that Abraham followed, his grandson Jacob followed and also the children of Israel under the law of Moses. God is still the same yesterday, today and forever. He change not. If he collected first fruit from the people of old even way before the law of Moses, then what makes you think he has changed?

Malachi 3:6
For I am the LORD , I change not;

Yes, I understand that many are angry that today's pastors have abused this doctrine and have enriched themselves with it to the point of living in opulence and flying in jets. But that doesn't mean we should throw away the doctrine which is the word of God. Throwing it away because of them is like throwing away the baby with the bath water.

If you feel your church is one those who have abused this doctrine, then find another church which hasn't; they exist. Mind you, not all churches are really the house of God. As long as the message they preach is works based salvation and not saved by grace alone, then such is not the house of God. Such churches are an example of Cain and his offering. That is why most people who pay first fruits there are not really getting blessed. Let me show you why they are Cain.

Cain's offering was based on his works. He thought if he offered an offering based on his sweat of tilling the soil and harvesting the produce, God will be more pleased by his effort. He failed to obey simple instruction of offering blood sacrifice, instead he relied on his WORKS. His sacrifice represents work based salvation, hence the reason why God rejected it.

Abel on the other hand followed the instructions God gave. He didnt rely on his works but relied on the blood of the lamb which is the same as relying on the blood of Jesus which was sacrificed on the cross. That is what God wants us to do today. But these dubious churches have changed the gospel and are now selling a work based salvation where people No longer rely on the sacrifice of Jesus but on their works of righteousness or their ability not to sin. They have turned their congregation into people who will present works of righteousness which the Bible calls filthy rags before God as their means of salvation.

Isaiah 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing , and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;

They do not know that we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. And it is not of our works lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

So, if your church is telling you that you can lose your salvation and that salvation involves works, then that is a clear pointer that such a place is not the house of God. That is why the pastors of such churches are very wealthy because they do not believe in God and have fleeced the sheep to stupor. If you continue to give your money whether in offering, tithe or first fruit, just know that your money is not reaching God. It's the same as going to GTBank to send Money to me when I don't bank with them. The money won't get to me. You have to look for the right bank which I have an account with before I can receive the money.

To all those who go about telling people Not to pay tithe or give Money to church, be careful or else God will descend on you.

Hebrews 10:31
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

You know little about God's word yet you are going about persuading people to disobeying him. If you have decided not to pay to churches, so be it. But going about telling others to do the same is very dangerous.

Many will come to this thread to try to rubbish it by saying I'm a pastor trying to defend my cake. I'm not a pastor neither do I have a church. People who make such claims only do so to prove they are on the wrong. They attack the messenger while they neglect the message. That is being guilty.

God can never ask you to give what you don't have. so whether Cain gave fruits doesn't really mattered, but the quality of his offering was poor. when God asked Abraham to offer Isaac, he demanded him because that was his best possession. like the widows mite it is an offering of faith and sacrifice that is why it was notable.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2019
OkCornel:

The two points you explained never mentioned anything about not keeping these...

Whether the Law is written on a scroll, on your mind, does it exempt you from keeping these instructions?

68. Men must not shave the hair off the sides of their head — Lev. 19:27
69. Men must not shave their beards with a razor — Lev. 19:27
73. Not to tear the skin in mourning — Deut. 14:1
74. Not to make a bald spot in mourning — Deut. 14:1
76. To say the Shema twice daily — Deut. 6:7
79. To wear tefillin (phylacteries) on the head — Deut. 6:8
80. To bind tefillin on the arm — Deut. 6:8
81. To put a mezuzah on the door post — Deut. 6:9
82. Each male must write a Torah scroll — Deut. 31:19
108. Not to eat chametz on the afternoon of the 14th day of Nisan — Deut. 16:3
109. To destroy all chametz on 14th day of Nisan — Ex. 12:15
110. Not to eat chametz all seven days of Passover —Ex. 13:3
111. Not to eat mixtures containing chametz all seven days of Passover — Ex. 12:20
112. Not to see chametz in your domain seven days — Ex. 13:7
113. Not to find chametz in your domain seven days — Ex. 12:19
114. To eat matzah on the first night of Passover — Ex. 12:18
115. To relate the Exodus from Egypt on that night — Ex. 13:8
116. To hear the Shofar on the first day of Tishrei (Rosh Hashanah) — Num. 9:1
117. To dwell in a Sukkah for the seven days of Sukkot — Lev. 23:42
128. To perform yibbum (marry the widow of one's childless brother) — Deut. 25:5
129. To perform halizah (free the widow of one's childless brother from yibbum) — Deut. 25:9
232. Not to sell the cherem — Lev. 27:28
233. Not to redeem the cherem — Lev. 27:28
234. Not to plant diverse seeds together — Lev. 19:19
235. Not to plant grains or greens in a vineyard — Deut. 22:9
236. Not to crossbreed animals — Lev. 19:19
237. Not to work different animals together — Deut. 22:10
238. Not to wear shaatnez, a cloth woven of wool and linen — Deut. 22:11
426. To set aside the firstborn animals — Ex. 13:12
427. The Kohanim must not eat unblemished firstborn animals outside Jerusalem — Deut. 12:17
428. Not to redeem the firstborn — Num. 18:17
429. Separate the tithe from animals — Lev. 27:32
430. Not to redeem the tithe — Lev. 27:33
436. A woman who had a running (vaginal) issue must bring an offering (in the Temple) after she goes to the Mikveh — Lev. 15:28-29
437. A woman who gave birth must bring an offering (in the Temple) after she goes to the Mikveh — Lev. 12:6
438. A man who had a running (unnatural urinary) issue must bring an offering (in the Temple) after he goes to the Mikveh — Lev. 15:13-14
439. A metzora (one having a skin disease) must bring an offering (in the Temple) after going to the Mikveh — Lev. 14:10
455. Observe the laws of impurity caused by childbirth — Lev. 12:2

1) WHAT IS THE BASIS FOR STICKING TO TITHING BUT DISCARDING THESE

2) SINCE YOU INSIST THE LAW IS STILL ACTIVE, ARE YOU ALSO OBEYING THESE INSTRUCTIONS?
OkCornel, you my friend are a sound man. Thumbs up!

2 Likes

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 06, 2019
johnmba:

But my salary no increase this jan
grin this man, you no go use laff kee me oooo
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by alBHAGDADI: 5:46pm On Jan 06, 2019
femi4:
Lol...the laws goes beyond the 5 books of Moses. The LAW represent all LAWS. In fact the first verse of the chapter you quoted up there says:

Prov 3:1

3 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

NB: That was King Solomon, not God/Jesus
Which kain human being you be?

The book of Proverbs is the book of wisdom, not the law of Moses. Read the first chapter of proverbs to know what the book is about.

Proverbs 1
The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;
To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;
To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;
To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.
A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.
The fear of the L ORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

SHILOH 2014: Heaven On Earth / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.