Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit (28659 Views)

Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by alBHAGDADI: 5:49pm On Jan 06, 2019
openmine:

You are really hellbent on inserting money into abraham war spoils grin grin
Oga hebrews 7 has laid to rest what abraham gave...which is a tenth of the plunder(war spoils)

Hebrews 7:4
4 See how great this man was to whom Abraham the patriarch gave a tenth of the war spoils!

what are war spoils according to scriptures?

So, animals and women are the only things found in spoils of war. grin

That means Abraham left the horses, the gold crowns of the kings he killed, their shields, swords, armours, wheelbarrows, and only took animals and women?

Abraham was not as silly as you. Those verses you quoted are not standard for what spoils of war are.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by ebukason3(m): 5:57pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

We are barely days into the New Year and those against tithe/firstfruits have already started launching their attack on the doctrine. According to these people, the concept of firstfruits is not a doctrine for Christians because we are not under the law of Moses. What they fail to know is that even before the forefathers of Moses were born, God had been collecting first fruits from humans. This post will show that it is God himself that ordained the collection of firstfruits and it is not subject to any law.

The first person recorded to have given first fruit or firstling is Abel the son of Adam and Eve. He and his brother Cain were told to do so By God.

Genesis 4:4
And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

You see, whenever we mention Abel as someone who gave first fruit way before the law of Moses, all those anti-tithers love to give excuses to rubbish such point. One of the excuses they give is that God didn't command or order him to bring any first fruit, which means he did it of his own free will. Before I show you that it is God that commanded Abel and Cain to make that sacrifice, I will first of all like to show you that these anti-tithers understand nothing about the Bible. They don't understand because they lack the spirit of God, that's why someone can deceive them easily against tithing.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and
they are life.

They lack the spirit of God, that's why they don't understand the word of God which is spiritually discerned. Now, let me show you that God gave the command for Abel and Cain to offer sacrifice unto him. See what the Bible said below.

Hebrews 11:4
By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Did you notice the words in bold above? The above verse says Abel offered sacrifice to God by faith. This means he believed in the word of God and proceeded to offer the sacrifice. This clearly shows that the word of God told him to do what he did, meaning he didn't do it if his own free will. See what the Bible says about faith and the word of God below.

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

As seen above, you can't have faith without hearing the word of God. Now, if the Bible in Hebrews 11:4 says Abel had faith in God towards offering a sacrifice, then it means he heard the word of God telling him to offer the sacrifice. He heard the word of God and had faith in it which made him carry out the command.

It's now ridiculous for people who lack understanding of the Bible to sit somewhere and start saying God never commanded Abel to bring first fruits or firstlings. They read the Bible like it's a romance novel, that's why they never grab anything from the word which is spirit.

It is that same practice of Abel that Abraham followed, his grandson Jacob followed and also the children of Israel under the law of Moses. God is still the same yesterday, today and forever. He change not. If he collected first fruit from the people of old even way before the law of Moses, then what makes you think he has changed?

Malachi 3:6
For I am the LORD , I change not;

Yes, I understand that many are angry that today's pastors have abused this doctrine and have enriched themselves with it to the point of living in opulence and flying in jets. But that doesn't mean we should throw away the doctrine which is the word of God. Throwing it away because of them is like throwing away the baby with the bath water.

If you feel your church is one those who have abused this doctrine, then find another church which hasn't; they exist. Mind you, not all churches are really the house of God. As long as the message they preach is works based salvation and not saved by grace alone, then such is not the house of God. Such churches are an example of Cain and his offering. That is why most people who pay first fruits there are not really getting blessed. Let me show you why they are Cain.

Remember we established above that it was the word of God that made Cain and Abel make sacrifice unto God. But how come God rejected Cain's sacrifice but accepted Abel's?

Cain failed to follow instruction given by God's word. How do we know what this instruction is? We know this from Abel's sacrifice which the Bible says God had respect for. Abel made a blood sacrifice unto God, he sacrificed a lamb. Had it been Cain did the same thing, his sacrifice would have been accepted too. Rather, he offered fruits of the ground while Abel offered the blood of a lamb which represents the blood of Jesus Christ who is this Holy Lamb.

Cain's offering was based on his works. He thought if he offered an offering based on his sweat of tilling the soil and harvesting the produce, God will be more pleased by his effort. He failed to obey simple instruction of offering blood sacrifice, instead he relied on his WORKS. His sacrifice represents work based salvation, hence the reason why God rejected it.

Abel on the other hand followed the instructions God gave. He didnt rely on his works but relied on the blood of the lamb which is the same as relying on the blood of Jesus which was sacrificed on the cross. That is what God wants us to do today. But these dubious churches have changed the gospel and are now selling a work based salvation where people No longer rely on the sacrifice of Jesus but on their works of righteousness or their ability not to sin. They have turned their congregation into people who will present works of righteousness which the Bible calls filthy rags before God as their means of salvation.

Isaiah 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing , and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;

They do not know that we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. And it is not of our works lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

So, if your church is telling you that you can lose your salvation and that salvation involves works, then that is a clear pointer that such a place is not the house of God. That is why the pastors of such churches are very wealthy because they do not believe in God and have fleeced the sheep to stupor. If you continue to give your money whether in offering, tithe or first fruit, just know that your money is not reaching God. It's the same as going to GTBank to send Money to me when I don't bank with them. The money won't get to me. You have to look for the right bank which I have an account with before I can receive the money.

To all those who go about telling people Not to pay tithe or give Money to church, be careful or else God will descend on you.

Hebrews 10:31
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

You know little about God's word yet you are going about persuading people to disobeying him. If you have decided not to pay to churches, so be it. But going about telling others to do the same is very dangerous.

Many will come to this thread to try to rubbish it by saying I'm a pastor trying to defend my cake. I'm not a pastor neither do I have a church. People who make such claims only do so to prove they are on the wrong. They attack the messenger while they neglect the message. That is being guilty.
Even though am not against first fruit, the direction of your points above are wrong. Your use of Heb 11 and Rom 10 is wrong. Don't make assumptions with the word of God, someone can quote 2Sam 24:1 and 1Chron 21:1 and assume The lord= satan, if you don't know ask and someone should help you.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by ultra100(f): 6:15pm On Jan 06, 2019
If the first fruit or tithe is this important,why didn't Moses mention it in the ten commandments?The bible says that you should fear the God almighty and obey he's commandments and you will have everlasting life. God is not interested in our money all he wants is love for our neighbours and to God.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Ayobami7(m): 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2019
OK
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by greatman247(m): 6:20pm On Jan 06, 2019
snowxandria:

Stop saying nonsense and post any of my business chat with you angry here is my line 0=8-0 =6-=0--2=1--2=0--1=7 if you have the mind call me and tell me that crap angry stop acting like an animal angry if you had a job my price for my accounts will not scare you clown

LOL. I like you, you are very funny. And MR Op, I don't believe your write up, I believe in Tithe though, it's there in the Bible but Bible states who Tithes are to be given to and not Pastors as it is seen in the world today, especially in 9ja. From your write up, nowhere God mentioned Firstfruit, you simply wanted to force your own view on us, God mentioned sacrifice, and sacrifice means a lot of things okay. Unless you will like to school me more, cos I'm confused, I'm not even a serious church goer anymore, I enjoy my life this way and have my personal reasons. Sick and tired of Nigerian Christians being hypocritical. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by 2buffagain(m): 6:50pm On Jan 06, 2019
How did you come to the resolution that doing something by faith means that the person didn’t do it with their own free will?
That is the exact opposite of what that means.

I stopped reading from there because it became clear that you are just trying to build a senseless narrative as to why people should give you their hard earned salary.

Go and find actual work. I know there is hunger in the land and this might affect brain function, but at least try and make sense first before you can successfully instigate a scam.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by magicminister: 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2019
Okay
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by folks4luv(f): 7:06pm On Jan 06, 2019
The only thing that pained me is how the verses that Paul used to teach the importance of the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus to preach first fruit. Chai! The love of mammon is evil

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by folks4luv(f): 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2019
I just wish I could see you so I could scream at you, I really feel like screaming at your. How did God collected tithe from Abraham? Abraham gave Melchizedek a 10th of the spoil and returned the rest to the owners. 1. He did not give according to the law because he was not under the law but was justified by faith 2. He did not give from his own personal wealth. What should that tell you? Paul said we that are gentiles like Abraham are justified by Faith, not by law. Like Abraham was justified by faith, we too are justified likewise if we have faith in Christ.
How did God collected tithe from Jacob? He said he would return to the spot he had the encounter and make an alter If God kept him. So how does a vow he WILLINGLY MADE results to tithe?

Pls study the scripture and quit being arrogant and complacent.
alBHAGDADI:
Before Mosaic law, God took a tenth of all from Abraham and Jacob which must have included money. The Pharisee below also gave a tenth of all he possessed which must have included money.

Luke 18:12
I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

When you talk of tithe as agricultural produce, your act as if the law of tithing was only commanded to farmers alone.

4 Likes

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by OkaiCorne(m): 7:19pm On Jan 06, 2019
folks4luv:
I just wish I could see you so I could scream at you, I really feel like screaming at your. How did God collected tithe from Abraham? Abraham gave Melchizedek a 10th of the spoil and returned the rest to the owners. 1. He did not give according to the law because he was not under the law but was justified by faith 2. He did not give from his own personal wealth. What should that tell you? Paul said we that are gentiles like Abraham are justified by Faith, not by law. Like Abraham was justified by faith, we too are justified likewise if we have faith in Christ.
How did God collected tithe from Jacob? He said he would return to the spot he had the encounter and make an alter If God kept him. So how does a vow he WILLINGLY MADE results to tithe?

Pls study the scripture and quit being arrogant and complacent.

Just wait and watch how he'll twist the scriptures.

He's yet to explain how Abraham's once in a lifetime tithe from war spoils should serve as a basis for Christians to part with 10% of their monthly income.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by lele007: 7:20pm On Jan 06, 2019
OkCornel:

I'M STILL WONDERING HOW FIRST FRUITS HAS TRANSFORMED INTO FIRST WAGES & SALARIES WITHOUT ANY CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS FROM GOD

This made me laugh out loud! All these ministers can do better. They tell you you are created in the image of God, you are filled with wisdom and grace from God, read the Bible, read read read. And then they talk to you as if you are a zombie... :-{

3 Likes

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by yommen: 7:24pm On Jan 06, 2019
Christians defending justification as to why they shouldn't give. Keep allowing greedy people to determine your relationship with God now! As for me and my family anyway, God is able and always!
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by augustine: 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2019
In Leviticus.23:9-14. The first fruit offering requires an accompanying burnt offering of a year old lamb, grain offering by fire; and drink offering of wine. Now, can the sacrifices by fire be carried out inside the Church, or should we do selective obedience and leave out the compulsory sacrifice part? My opinion is that; Gentile believers are actually exempted from bearing the yoke of Judaism's customs and requirements, by the first church council in Jerusalem. Acts 15:1-35 [precisely Acts.15:22-29] I believe this includes the first fruit saga.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by OkaiCorne(m): 7:34pm On Jan 06, 2019
augustine:
In Leviticus.23:9-14. The first fruit offering requires an accompanying burnt offering of a year old lamb, grain offering by fire; and drink offering of wine. Now, can the sacrifices by fire be carried out inside the Church, or should we do selective obedience and leave out the compulsory sacrifice part? My opinion is that; Gentile believers are actually exempted from bearing the yoke of Judaism's customs and requirements, by the first church council in Jerusalem. Acts 15:1-35 [precisely Acts.15:22-29] I believe this includes the first fruit saga.
Gbam! You're spot on!

Very correct.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Clean2016: 8:02pm On Jan 06, 2019
Please show me where God requested for it.

Where God said to Abel "bring your first fruit"
Abel decide on his own. Likewise Abram giving title to the high priest. He gave it on his own, he (Priest) didn't request for it and he gave it just once.

Malachi message was for the Levi and not the congregation

3 Likes

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by 2buffagain(m): 8:21pm On Jan 06, 2019
Clean2016:
Please show me where God requested for it.

Where God said to Abel "bring your first fruit"
Abel decide on his own. Likewise Abram giving title to the high priest. He gave it on his own, he (Priest) didn't request for it and he gave it just once.

Malachi message was for the Levi and not the congregation

Aren't tithes supposed to just be this massive feast that everyone eats right there? I.e not just church staff/building but members and especially the disenfranchized as well?

One could even say the purpose of it was exactly what people's taxes do in civilized countries by way of welfare. Such structures didn't exist during those primitive times, hence God instilling that so no one degrades themselves to Oblivion because of poverty. Naija is sadly still primitive, and has no such system, so it's a good practice... But only if that money segmented as a tithe is for the SOLE PURPOSE of distribution among everyone. If not, na scam!

I think it is good to support the church organization, but by way of transparency and partnership. I can commit to a certain amount every month to keep the bills paid in church, but at this point I'm like...enough with the scams and threats. That's not tithing.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Kolping: 9:27pm On Jan 06, 2019
It's all part of what is called the Hebrew Roots Movement found in Christian church denominations today. It is one of the signs of the coming end times - a great apostasy (the “falling away” ) An apostasy is: a rebellion, an abandonment of the truth. The end times will include a wholesale rejection of God’s revelation. 2 Thessalonians 2:3.

The Hebrew Roots Movement is a very modern movement that insists that we must resurrect first-century Judaism (our Jewish Roots) and the milieu and lifestyle of first-century Jews and impose them on both Jewish and non-Jewish believers. This is not just an academic study to better understand Scripture and its setting but is rather a movement of restoration that claims that the church has moved off its Jewish foundation and must return to a more Jewish way of life to be authentic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_Roots

2 Peter 2:3

King James Version
"And through covetousness shall they (false prophets/false teachers) with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."

New Living Translation
"In their greed they (false prophets/false teachers) will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed."

alBHAGDADI:

We are barely days into the New Year and those against tithe/firstfruits have already started launching their attack on the doctrine. According to these people, the concept of firstfruits is not a doctrine for Christians because we are not under the law of Moses. What they fail to know is that even before the forefathers of Moses were born, God had been collecting first fruits from humans. This post will show that it is God himself that ordained the collection of firstfruits and it is not subject to any law.

The first person recorded to have given first fruit or firstling is Abel the son of Adam and Eve. He and his brother Cain were told to do so By God.

Genesis 4:4
And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

You see, whenever we mention Abel as someone who gave first fruit way before the law of Moses, all those anti-tithers love to give excuses to rubbish such point. One of the excuses they give is that God didn't command or order him to bring any first fruit, which means he did it of his own free will. Before I show you that it is God that commanded Abel and Cain to make that sacrifice, I will first of all like to show you that these anti-tithers understand nothing about the Bible. They don't understand because they lack the spirit of God, that's why someone can deceive them easily against tithing.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and
they are life.

They lack the spirit of God, that's why they don't understand the word of God which is spiritually discerned. Now, let me show you that God gave the command for Abel and Cain to offer sacrifice unto him. See what the Bible said below.

Hebrews 11:4
By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Did you notice the words in bold above? The above verse says Abel offered sacrifice to God by faith. This means he believed in the word of God and proceeded to offer the sacrifice. This clearly shows that the word of God told him to do what he did, meaning he didn't do it if his own free will. See what the Bible says about faith and the word of God below.

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

As seen above, you can't have faith without hearing the word of God. Now, if the Bible in Hebrews 11:4 says Abel had faith in God towards offering a sacrifice, then it means he heard the word of God telling him to offer the sacrifice. He heard the word of God and had faith in it which made him carry out the command.

It's now ridiculous for people who lack understanding of the Bible to sit somewhere and start saying God never commanded Abel to bring first fruits or firstlings. They read the Bible like it's a romance novel, that's why they never grab anything from the word which is spirit.

It is that same practice of Abel that Abraham followed, his grandson Jacob followed and also the children of Israel under the law of Moses. God is still the same yesterday, today and forever. He change not. If he collected first fruit from the people of old even way before the law of Moses, then what makes you think he has changed?

Malachi 3:6
For I am the LORD , I change not;

Yes, I understand that many are angry that today's pastors have abused this doctrine and have enriched themselves with it to the point of living in opulence and flying in jets. But that doesn't mean we should throw away the doctrine which is the word of God. Throwing it away because of them is like throwing away the baby with the bath water.

If you feel your church is one those who have abused this doctrine, then find another church which hasn't; they exist. Mind you, not all churches are really the house of God. As long as the message they preach is works based salvation and not saved by grace alone, then such is not the house of God. Such churches are an example of Cain and his offering. That is why most people who pay first fruits there are not really getting blessed. Let me show you why they are Cain.

Remember we established above that it was the word of God that made Cain and Abel make sacrifice unto God. But how come God rejected Cain's sacrifice but accepted Abel's?

Cain failed to follow instruction given by God's word. How do we know what this instruction is? We know this from Abel's sacrifice which the Bible says God had respect for. Abel made a blood sacrifice unto God, he sacrificed a lamb. Had it been Cain did the same thing, his sacrifice would have been accepted too. Rather, he offered fruits of the ground while Abel offered the blood of a lamb which represents the blood of Jesus Christ who is this Holy Lamb.

Cain's offering was based on his works. He thought if he offered an offering based on his sweat of tilling the soil and harvesting the produce, God will be more pleased by his effort. He failed to obey simple instruction of offering blood sacrifice, instead he relied on his WORKS. His sacrifice represents work based salvation, hence the reason why God rejected it.

Abel on the other hand followed the instructions God gave. He didnt rely on his works but relied on the blood of the lamb which is the same as relying on the blood of Jesus which was sacrificed on the cross. That is what God wants us to do today. But these dubious churches have changed the gospel and are now selling a work based salvation where people No longer rely on the sacrifice of Jesus but on their works of righteousness or their ability not to sin. They have turned their congregation into people who will present works of righteousness which the Bible calls filthy rags before God as their means of salvation.

Isaiah 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing , and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;

They do not know that we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. And it is not of our works lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

So, if your church is telling you that you can lose your salvation and that salvation involves works, then that is a clear pointer that such a place is not the house of God. That is why the pastors of such churches are very wealthy because they do not believe in God and have fleeced the sheep to stupor. If you continue to give your money whether in offering, tithe or first fruit, just know that your money is not reaching God. It's the same as going to GTBank to send Money to me when I don't bank with them. The money won't get to me. You have to look for the right bank which I have an account with before I can receive the money.

To all those who go about telling people Not to pay tithe or give Money to church, be careful or else God will descend on you.

Hebrews 10:31
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

You know little about God's word yet you are going about persuading people to disobeying him. If you have decided not to pay to churches, so be it. But going about telling others to do the same is very dangerous.

Many will come to this thread to try to rubbish it by saying I'm a pastor trying to defend my cake. I'm not a pastor neither do I have a church. People who make such claims only do so to prove they are on the wrong. They attack the messenger while they neglect the message. That is being guilty.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Kolping: 9:28pm On Jan 06, 2019

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Did you read the OP at all?

Your answer is there.

I didn't see any answer.

Don't waste more time, show me what i asked, Thanks, waiting.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by GoodMuyis(m): 10:34pm On Jan 06, 2019
sukerefakere:

#HateSpeach
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Truthchiz: 10:36pm On Jan 06, 2019
Trying real hard. Engine Don Knock. No 1st fruit. Does God live and move with time?
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Here is one of those whom I say lack the spirit of God which is why they never understand when they read the word of God.

It is even worse for them because they also don't understand simple English. Here he is asking for where God requested for Money as tithes or first fruit. He is expecting to see a verse expressly showing God saying "bring the dollars, pounds, naira" or whatever currency was used in those days. But someone who is filled with the spirit of God can see that first fruit also includes money. This is clearly seen in the verse below.

Proverbs 3:9
Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:

As seen in the bold part, we are to bring first fruits from all our increase i.e any increase we get in life. This include monetary increase just as any other increase. The verse didn't mention nor say Agricultural increase alone. Rather it says all increase which includes agricultural and monetary increase.

Pastor stop FooOOOooling ur self.

First fruit is agricultural products n nothing more. Money didn't come out in 2016, it has been in use even in the bible n God never requested for it at any point for tithes n first fruits. Stop fooling ur self
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

The word of God is what leads to doctrine.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Which scripture are u talking about? Cuz the book of Timothy was written separately as a stand alone book thousands of years before the whole books were brought together.....So this bolded statement stands for the book of Timothy alone
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by openmine(m): 10:43pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Who gives you an increase? Is it not God? He says we should honor him with the first fruit of our increase.

Proverbs 3:9-19
9 Honor the Lord with your substance and with the first fruit of all thine increase.

Now, how do we know what percentage it is we are to give God from what he gave us? An example is from what Jacob said, which is tenth of all God gives him.

Genesis 28:22
And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

this is what you said about firstfruit
first fruit may be the whole of January salary. Now, if you give the whole of January salary
Now how does this agree with the verses you just churned out?
Secondly,the scriptures is quite clear about jacob....
Jacob MADE A VOW!
he was never COMMANDED BY GOD TO DO SUCH rather he DEMANDED FROM GOD WITH A VOW!
See below...

20 And Jacob VOWED A VOW, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on,

So jacob gave first-fruits to God? grin grin
Its no longer tithes? grin grin
unbelievable! grin grin

You still haven't defined first fruit based on the scriptures!
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

No, first fruit should be given ever time you get an increase. It is the same thing as tithe. Take not of the phrase "of all time increase".

Proverbs 3:9
Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:

First fruit is not the first salary of the year or of your new job. It is ten percent of every salary. If you say it is the January salary or the first salary of a new job, then it means you won't be paying tithe for that month which is wrong. Can you now see the flaw in that? So, anyone telling you that it is a whole salary is a fraud. First fruit is just another term for tithe.

""First fruit is not the first salary of the year or of your new job. It is ten percent of every salary. ""

grin grin grin. First fruit salary is now 10% of every salary people earn, Lmfao. U will go mad soon Ooo
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
So, because the Bible didn't record expressly that Christians gave tithe, we all shouldn't give, abi?

Okay, since the Bible didn't record that Jesus, Paul and Peter went to the toilet to pass out faeces, then we all shouldn't do such. If you do such, then you are accursed. grin

You act as if the only people close to God in the Bible are Christians without regarding the great men of OlGod recorded in the old testament whose faith moved Mountains. Paul referenced such men a lot in the book of Hebrews e.g Abraham and Abel which clearly means we are to draw inspiration from them and do what they did. Those people are more Christian that most of us today in that they had huge faith in God.

...A pathetic fool.

If you want to stay under the Mosaic law, stay there and if you want to be Christ like, be Christ like! I pity you

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:57pm On Jan 06, 2019
church of Christ node pay tithe ooo ain't de worshi the same God
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2019
church of Christ node pay tithe ooo ain't de worshi the same God tithe is nt a sign of love for God... read the book of Amos...my view on giving is it shd come from d heart...1 cor 9:6
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2019
ogunsbanjul:
All will be well in Jesus name. Firstfruit offering is one of the best things a man can do to seek the face of God. It pays and rewardable according to the experienced payers. May God help and bless us. Happy new year

Show us bible verse of what u just said
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by openmine(m): 11:03pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

So, animals and women are the only things found in spoils of war. grin

That means Abraham left the horses, the gold crowns of the kings he killed, their shields, swords, armours, wheelbarrows, and only took animals and women?

Abraham was not as silly as you. Those verses you quoted are not standard for what spoils of war are.

Now you have resorted to insults cheesy cheesy
I can give you equal measure if you choose such! grin

However am in a good mood so let me get into detail and explain further using scriptures....

Genesis 14:11-16
11 So the enemy took all the possessions of Sodom and Gomorrah, and all their provisions, and went their way. 12 They also took Lot, the son of Abram's brother, who was dwelling in Sodom, and his possessions, and went their way.

13 Then one who had escaped came and told Abram the Hebrew, who was living by the oaks[a] of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol and of Aner. These were allies of Abram. 14 When Abram heard that his kinsman had been taken captive, he led forth his trained men, born in his house, 318 of them, and went in pursuit as far as Dan. 15 And he divided his forces against them by night, he and his servants, and defeated them and pursued them to Hobah, north of Damascus. 16 Then he brought back all the possessions, and also brought back his kinsman Lot with his possessions, and the women and the people.

(The voice)
16 After the battle Abram recovered all the spoils the enemy had taken and brought them back with him. He rescued his nephew Lot and brought him back, along with his goods; there were other captives, too, including some women whom he rescued.

The reason for the scriptures is to show that the enemies that took Abram's Cousin was defeated even before they got to their own land...so why would they have money or agric products with them while fighting abram and his men?

Abram only took what was in the enemy's possession which was mainly weapons,the captured women and abram's cousin lot as stated clearly in the scriptures...There was no MONEY with the kings...fake professor alBHAGDADI grin grin

Stop adding to scriptures or second guessing it! grin grin

Trying so hard to ensure that the defeated kings must have had money in their possession or that abram found some money with the defeated kings only proves how deceptive your doctrines(if you ever had any) are!

Whatever possession that was found in Abraham's plunder does not take away the fact that he was never ever in the scriptures COMMANDED OR INSTRUCTED BY GOD TO GIVE KING MELCHIZEDEK a tenth of the war spoils! cool cool

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 06, 2019
excondido:

God can never ask you to give what you don't have. so whether Cain gave fruits doesn't really mattered, but the quality of his offering was poor. when God asked Abraham to offer Isaac, he demanded him because that was his best possession. like the widows mite it is an offering of faith and sacrifice that is why it was notable.

Blood sacrifice is blood ritual.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:12pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Not salary increase but your increase.

Every time you make Money, that is an increase to you. Each months salary is an increase to your pocket. Give first fruit from it.
oga stop arm twisting logic u hear if u feel u are comfortable to give ur all so be it but it's not a command...bible said God loves a cheerful giver...the more pastors preach on money d more the teaching stinks...dats yy Christ's critique d Pharisees who do things publicly as he admonish us to give without a show

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Celebrates His Birthday, Gifts Committed Church Workers N15M / CAN Headquarter Disassociate Itself From Pastors Who Paid A Visit To COZA' / Pastor Chris McDouglas Omosokpea Accused Of Rape, Sells Church Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.