Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit (28589 Views)

Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

We are barely days into the New Year and those against tithe/firstfruits have already started launching their attack on the doctrine. According to these people, the concept of firstfruits is not a doctrine for Christians because we are not under the law of Moses. What they fail to know is that even before the forefathers of Moses were born, God had been collecting first fruits from humans. This post will show that it is God himself that ordained the collection of firstfruits and it is not subject to any law.

The first person recorded to have given first fruit or firstling is Abel the son of Adam and Eve. He and his brother Cain were told to do so By God.

Genesis 4:4
And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

You see, whenever we mention Abel as someone who gave first fruit way before the law of Moses, all those anti-tithers love to give excuses to rubbish such point. One of the excuses they give is that God didn't command or order him to bring any first fruit, which means he did it of his own free will. Before I show you that it is God that commanded Abel and Cain to make that sacrifice, I will first of all like to show you that these anti-tithers understand nothing about the Bible. They don't understand because they lack the spirit of God, that's why someone can deceive them easily against tithing.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and
they are life.

They lack the spirit of God, that's why they don't understand the word of God which is spiritually discerned. Now, let me show you that God gave the command for Abel and Cain to offer sacrifice unto him. See what the Bible said below.

Hebrews 11:4
By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Did you notice the words in bold above? The above verse says Abel offered sacrifice to God by faith. This means he believed in the word of God and proceeded to offer the sacrifice. This clearly shows that the word of God told him to do what he did, meaning he didn't do it if his own free will. See what the Bible says about faith and the word of God below.

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

As seen above, you can't have faith without hearing the word of God. Now, if the Bible in Hebrews 11:4 says Abel had faith in God towards offering a sacrifice, then it means he heard the word of God telling him to offer the sacrifice. He heard the word of God and had faith in it which made him carry out the command.

It's now ridiculous for people who lack understanding of the Bible to sit somewhere and start saying God never commanded Abel to bring first fruits or firstlings. They read the Bible like it's a romance novel, that's why they never grab anything from the word which is spirit.

It is that same practice of Abel that Abraham followed, his grandson Jacob followed and also the children of Israel under the law of Moses. God is still the same yesterday, today and forever. He change not. If he collected first fruit from the people of old even way before the law of Moses, then what makes you think he has changed?

Malachi 3:6
For I am the LORD , I change not;

Yes, I understand that many are angry that today's pastors have abused this doctrine and have enriched themselves with it to the point of living in opulence and flying in jets. But that doesn't mean we should throw away the doctrine which is the word of God. Throwing it away because of them is like throwing away the baby with the bath water.

If you feel your church is one those who have abused this doctrine, then find another church which hasn't; they exist. Mind you, not all churches are really the house of God. As long as the message they preach is works based salvation and not saved by grace alone, then such is not the house of God. Such churches are an example of Cain and his offering. That is why most people who pay first fruits there are not really getting blessed. Let me show you why they are Cain.

Remember we established above that it was the word of God that made Cain and Abel make sacrifice unto God. But how come God rejected Cain's sacrifice but accepted Abel's?

Cain failed to follow instruction given by God's word. How do we know what this instruction is? We know this from Abel's sacrifice which the Bible says God had respect for. Abel made a blood sacrifice unto God, he sacrificed a lamb. Had it been Cain did the same thing, his sacrifice would have been accepted too. Rather, he offered fruits of the ground while Abel offered the blood of a lamb which represents the blood of Jesus Christ who is this Holy Lamb.

Cain's offering was based on his works. He thought if he offered an offering based on his sweat of tilling the soil and harvesting the produce, God will be more pleased by his effort. He failed to obey simple instruction of offering blood sacrifice, instead he relied on his WORKS. His sacrifice represents work based salvation, hence the reason why God rejected it.

Abel on the other hand followed the instructions God gave. He didnt rely on his works but relied on the blood of the lamb which is the same as relying on the blood of Jesus which was sacrificed on the cross. That is what God wants us to do today. But these dubious churches have changed the gospel and are now selling a work based salvation where people No longer rely on the sacrifice of Jesus but on their works of righteousness or their ability not to sin. They have turned their congregation into people who will present works of righteousness which the Bible calls filthy rags before God as their means of salvation.

Isaiah 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing , and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;

They do not know that we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. And it is not of our works lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

So, if your church is telling you that you can lose your salvation and that salvation involves works, then that is a clear pointer that such a place is not the house of God. That is why the pastors of such churches are very wealthy because they do not believe in God and have fleeced the sheep to stupor. If you continue to give your money whether in offering, tithe or first fruit, just know that your money is not reaching God. It's the same as going to GTBank to send Money to me when I don't bank with them. The money won't get to me. You have to look for the right bank which I have an account with before I can receive the money.

To all those who go about telling people Not to pay tithe or give Money to church, be careful or else God will descend on you.

Hebrews 10:31
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

You know little about God's word yet you are going about persuading people to disobeying him. If you have decided not to pay to churches, so be it. But going about telling others to do the same is very dangerous.

Many will come to this thread to try to rubbish it by saying I'm a pastor trying to defend my cake. I'm not a pastor neither do I have a church. People who make such claims only do so to prove they are on the wrong. They attack the messenger while they neglect the message. That is being guilty.

Pls before we move any further, show me where God commanded Abel n Cain to give him furst fruit?

Remember that they gave God their first fruit, Not their Pastor. Am waiting
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by ow11(m): 3:52pm On Jan 06, 2019
In all this, the OP doesn't show where the Bible asks for first fruits in January.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 06, 2019
i really dont know why Africans carry tithe for head like this. for goodness sake oyinbo people wey be na there religion we they follow, them no carry am for head like this, Tithe or no Tithe, if you go make heaven for christ sake you go make heaven, likewise if you will be successful in life, tithe or no tithe you go make am. hard work pays, no they listen to all this pastors saying first fruit and last fruit. The richest man how many times you hear him saying he became successful from paying tithe? Is a result of hardwork not tithe, nna eeh why are we debating on this issue like this? At the end of the day, na money issue so i guess the debate will never end. By the way you dont expect someone who benefits from a system to change it. Everybody quoting bible verse up and down smh.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by dannybrasky(m): 3:55pm On Jan 06, 2019
CODE RED!!! CODE RED!!

THE 419 PASTOR IS ON THE LOOSE!!

SUSPECT IS ARMED AND DANGEROUS!!
SHOOT ON SIGHT,I REPEAT SHOOT ON SIGHT!!

MR criminal,why not preach about how to stay away from sin or the kingdom of heaven? y lay so much emphasis on money money money! U be real thief. grin

2 Likes

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by MuttleyLaff: 3:58pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
It's on front page already.

grin
You are loving it... grin grin grin
I've liked your post with the cute and funky doggy
Is it your missus' pet?
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by alBHAGDADI: 4:02pm On Jan 06, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Pls before we move any further, show me where God commanded Abel n Cain to give him furst fruit?

Remember that they gave God their first fruit, Not their Pastor. Am waiting
Did you read the OP at all?

Your answer is there.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by xilixr: 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2019
Every year?
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by gbagyiza: 4:04pm On Jan 06, 2019
Since last Sunday I saw in d Church bulletin that today is going to be first fruit offering sunday. My pastor text me that I am going to be one of d officiating ministers for d service, I quickly replied him that I am not going to be available. So, I pray n ask God for direction n immediately God put in my spirit to visit a local Baptist church for today's service. During d service I heard a voice that minister to me to give d little that was with me to d pastor of d Church n immediately after d service, I met him quitely n handed all d money with me to him and trek back home rejoicing. Some pastors should stop concentrating on money, they r making Christianity to look like a business.

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2019
NIGERIAN PASTORS = 95% THIEVES AND ROBBERS.

MEMBERS DON'T GIVE THESE LAZY CON MEN A DIME, LET THEM ALL GET JOBS.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by meccuno: 4:06pm On Jan 06, 2019
snowxandria:
grin another baboon pastor on the loose cheesy Abeg this hungry pastor go and get a bloody job cool and stop making a fool of yourself on this forum
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by femi4: 4:13pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

We are barely days into the New Year and those against tithe/firstfruits have already started launching their attack on the doctrine. According to these people, the concept of firstfruits is not a doctrine for Christians because we are not under the law of Moses. What they fail to know is that even before the forefathers of Moses were born, God had been collecting first fruits from humans. This post will show that it is God himself that ordained the collection of firstfruits and it is not subject to any law.

The first person recorded to have given first fruit or firstling is Abel the son of Adam and Eve. He and his brother Cain were told to do so By God.

Genesis 4:4
And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

You see, whenever we mention Abel as someone who gave first fruit way before the law of Moses, all those anti-tithers love to give excuses to rubbish such point. One of the excuses they give is that God didn't command or order him to bring any first fruit, which means he did it of his own free will. Before I show you that it is God that commanded Abel and Cain to make that sacrifice, I will first of all like to show you that these anti-tithers understand nothing about the Bible. They don't understand because they lack the spirit of God, that's why someone can deceive them easily against tithing.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and
they are life.

They lack the spirit of God, that's why they don't understand the word of God which is spiritually discerned. Now, let me show you that God gave the command for Abel and Cain to offer sacrifice unto him. See what the Bible said below.

Hebrews 11:4
By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Did you notice the words in bold above? The above verse says Abel offered sacrifice to God by faith. This means he believed in the word of God and proceeded to offer the sacrifice. This clearly shows that the word of God told him to do what he did, meaning he didn't do it if his own free will. See what the Bible says about faith and the word of God below.

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

As seen above, you can't have faith without hearing the word of God. Now, if the Bible in Hebrews 11:4 says Abel had faith in God towards offering a sacrifice, then it means he heard the word of God telling him to offer the sacrifice. He heard the word of God and had faith in it which made him carry out the command.

It's now ridiculous for people who lack understanding of the Bible to sit somewhere and start saying God never commanded Abel to bring first fruits or firstlings. They read the Bible like it's a romance novel, that's why they never grab anything from the word which is spirit.

It is that same practice of Abel that Abraham followed, his grandson Jacob followed and also the children of Israel under the law of Moses. God is still the same yesterday, today and forever. He change not. If he collected first fruit from the people of old even way before the law of Moses, then what makes you think he has changed?

Malachi 3:6
For I am the LORD , I change not;

Yes, I understand that many are angry that today's pastors have abused this doctrine and have enriched themselves with it to the point of living in opulence and flying in jets. But that doesn't mean we should throw away the doctrine which is the word of God. Throwing it away because of them is like throwing away the baby with the bath water.

If you feel your church is one those who have abused this doctrine, then find another church which hasn't; they exist. Mind you, not all churches are really the house of God. As long as the message they preach is works based salvation and not saved by grace alone, then such is not the house of God. Such churches are an example of Cain and his offering. That is why most people who pay first fruits there are not really getting blessed. Let me show you why they are Cain.

Remember we established above that it was the word of God that made Cain and Abel make sacrifice unto God. But how come God rejected Cain's sacrifice but accepted Abel's?

Cain failed to follow instruction given by God's word. How do we know what this instruction is? We know this from Abel's sacrifice which the Bible says God had respect for. Abel made a blood sacrifice unto God, he sacrificed a lamb. Had it been Cain did the same thing, his sacrifice would have been accepted too. Rather, he offered fruits of the ground while Abel offered the blood of a lamb which represents the blood of Jesus Christ who is this Holy Lamb.

Cain's offering was based on his works. He thought if he offered an offering based on his sweat of tilling the soil and harvesting the produce, God will be more pleased by his effort. He failed to obey simple instruction of offering blood sacrifice, instead he relied on his WORKS. His sacrifice represents work based salvation, hence the reason why God rejected it.

Abel on the other hand followed the instructions God gave. He didnt rely on his works but relied on the blood of the lamb which is the same as relying on the blood of Jesus which was sacrificed on the cross. That is what God wants us to do today. But these dubious churches have changed the gospel and are now selling a work based salvation where people No longer rely on the sacrifice of Jesus but on their works of righteousness or their ability not to sin. They have turned their congregation into people who will present works of righteousness which the Bible calls filthy rags before God as their means of salvation.

Isaiah 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing , and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;

They do not know that we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. And it is not of our works lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

So, if your church is telling you that you can lose your salvation and that salvation involves works, then that is a clear pointer that such a place is not the house of God. That is why the pastors of such churches are very wealthy because they do not believe in God and have fleeced the sheep to stupor. If you continue to give your money whether in offering, tithe or first fruit, just know that your money is not reaching God. It's the same as going to GTBank to send Money to me when I don't bank with them. The money won't get to me. You have to look for the right bank which I have an account with before I can receive the money.

To all those who go about telling people Not to pay tithe or give Money to church, be careful or else God will descend on you.

Hebrews 10:31
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

You know little about God's word yet you are going about persuading people to disobeying him. If you have decided not to pay to churches, so be it. But going about telling others to do the same is very dangerous.

Many will come to this thread to try to rubbish it by saying I'm a pastor trying to defend my cake. I'm not a pastor neither do I have a church. People who make such claims only do so to prove they are on the wrong. They attack the messenger while they neglect the message. That is being guilty.
Firstfruit was never WHOLE fruits or ALL fruits. Giving the WHOLE of your Jan. salary is a fallacy to what "FIRST" fruit stand for.

So what is Firstfriut? Firstfruit refers to the Best of your Fruits.

Abel gave to God his "Best".....likewise CAIN claimed that he did. Your FIRSTfruit is your BEST fruit and it should be determined and given cheerfully

Having said that, it was an instruction directed to CAIN and ABEL at that particular point in time. It is not a LAW that every believes must observe
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by nifty60(m): 4:14pm On Jan 06, 2019
In your quest to defend a doctrine you have not allowed the Holy Spirit to teach you the word. The bible said Abel brought some of his animals firstborn offsprings and the best among. Firstborn as you know is that first issue of a family, man, woman or an animal. It could be called firstfruit and may come anytime within the year. So the contest you are using to drive home your point does not necessarily mean to bring your first earnings of the year. So look for another contest to convince us, let he who is comfortable at giving his January earnings to any pastor do so and don't make it compulsory for everybody especially when some persons are not even earning.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by samydo(m): 4:15pm On Jan 06, 2019
snowxandria:
grin another baboon pastor on the loose cheesy Abeg this hungry pastor go and get a bloody job cool and stop making a fool of yourself on this forum

The early u accept the truth the better for your life
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by abbeyty(m): 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2019
Too many Pastors in Nigeria this day. Why are you guys collecting money while God says fruits is, fruits not different from money? Assuming, I gave my pastor my January salary pls, how would I feed my family and pay my bills?

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by sharpwriter(m): 4:22pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Same thing Jesus Christ did when Satan opposed the word of God. Jesus defended it.

In the process of evangelizing, one often comes across scoffers who preach against the word of God. You have to be well equipped to counter them or else they will not only continue deceiving people but also deceive you too.

Please shut up....
There's no commandment of first fruit for saints in the new covenant. The days before old testament (oath days) isn't a commandment for new testament Christians. You're not in line with Jesus, but you're in order of the pharisee. You block your eyes from truth and twist the scripture to suit you. Ole... Barawo
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by alBHAGDADI: 4:23pm On Jan 06, 2019
femi4:
Firstfruit was never WHOLE fruits or ALL fruits. Giving the WHOLE of your Jan. salary is a fallacy to what "FIRST" fruit stand for.

So what is Firstfriut? Firstfruit refers to the Best of your Fruits.

Abel gave to God his "Best".....likewise CAIN claimed that he did. Your FIRSTfruit is your BEST fruit and it should be determined and given cheerfully

Having said that, it was an instruction directed to CAIN and ABEL at that particular point in time. It is not a LAW that every believes must observe

Nowhere did I say first fruit is full salary.

Giving first fruit is for those who want Gods respect just as Abel got it.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 06, 2019
You're talking based on what you have memorise over the years. Do you know the bible is written and compiled by mortals?
It's pretty obvious you read less of other peoples writeup, till then, please pipe down.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Nowhere did I say first fruit is full salary.

Giving first fruit is for those who want Gods respect just as Abel got it.
Excuse me? You say what? May God forgive your ignorance.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by kareemkamil(m): 4:27pm On Jan 06, 2019
Even before the forefathers of Moses were born, God had been collecting first fruits from humans. Can you imagine God being collect from human. What a madness, anyone that say's God collect first fruit from human, need phychatric tendencies
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 4:31pm On Jan 06, 2019
gbagyiza:
Since last Sunday I saw in d Church bulletin that today is going to be first fruit offering sunday. My pastor text me that I am going to be one of d officiating ministers for d service, I quickly replied him that I am not going to be available. So, I pray n ask God for direction n immediately God put in my spirit to visit a local Baptist church for today's service. During d service I heard a voice that minister to me to give d little that was with me to d pastor of d Church n immediately after d service, I met him quitely n handed all d money with me to him and trek back home rejoicing. Some pastors should stop concentrating on money, they r making Christianity to look like a business.
It's is a business to business men. Giving is good by the way but nothing was made compulsory by Christ.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 4:32pm On Jan 06, 2019
abbeyty:
Too many Pastors in Nigeria this day. Why are you guys collecting money while God says fruits is, fruits not different from money? Assuming, I gave my pastor my January salary pls, how would I feed my family and pay my bills?
Manner will fall from heaven. hahahahahahahahahaha they are all thieves grin

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by johnmba: 4:32pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

No, first fruit should be given ever time you get an increase. It is the same thing as tithe. Take not of the phrase "of all time increase".

Proverbs 3:9
Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:

First fruit is not the first salary of the year or of your new job. It is ten percent of every salary. If you say it is the January salary or the first salary of a new job, then it means you won't be paying tithe for that month which is wrong. Can you now see the flaw in that? So, anyone telling you that it is a whole salary is a fraud. First fruit is just another term for tithe.

But my salary no increase this jan

2 Likes

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 06, 2019
xilixr:
Every year?
That's why so much is invested in evangelism, once you're in, baptised and fully roped, you prosper the ministry with first fruit for life!
You see why a lot claim they got called by God to open a church? Hm... Such a cool way to make loads of cash!!!
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by alBHAGDADI: 4:34pm On Jan 06, 2019
johnmba:

But my salary no increase this jan
Not salary increase but your increase.

Every time you make Money, that is an increase to you. Each months salary is an increase to your pocket. Give first fruit from it.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by alBHAGDADI: 4:36pm On Jan 06, 2019
kareemkamil:
Even before the forefathers of Moses were born, God had been collecting first fruits from humans. Can you imagine God being collect from human. What a madness, anyone that say's God collect first fruit from human, need phychatric tendencies
Did you read the op at all?

What was it God cilleCted from Abel?
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by johnmba: 4:40pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Not salary increase but your increase.

Every time you make Money, that is an increase to you. Each months salary is an increase to your pocket. Give first fruit from it.

There were no months during Abels time and the season then differs from our own season.

Are you aware that the calender we are using was recently introduced by pope Gregory?
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by VULCAN(m): 4:44pm On Jan 06, 2019
OP, this was well written.

Keep it up

1 Like

Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by alBHAGDADI: 4:45pm On Jan 06, 2019
johnmba:

There were no months during Abels time and the season then differs from our own season.

Are you aware that the calender we are using was recently introduced by pope Gregory?
Abel's sacrifice wasn't a monthly thing. It is the book of proverbs that tells us to do it monthly which is usually when we get an increase.

honor the Lord with your substance and with the first fruit of all thine increase.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by promotervickky(m): 4:49pm On Jan 06, 2019
This is an excellent post, first fruit is something Christians who are against it should know... the person that wrote this post is not a pastor neither am i. For those who want to hear. First fruit is Powerful. Enlarging your barns. I won't reply anybody who will be against this.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by Govo4me2u(m): 4:49pm On Jan 06, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Here is one of those whom I say lack the spirit of God which is why they never understand when they read the word of God.

It is even worse for them because they also don't understand simple English. Here he is asking for where God requested for Money as tithes or first fruit. He is expecting to see a verse expressly showing God saying "bring the dollars, pounds, naira" or whatever currency was used in those days. But someone who is filled with the spirit of God can see that first fruit also includes money. This is clearly seen in the verse below.

Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:

As seen in the bold part, we are to bring first fruits from all our increase i.e any increase we get in life. This include monetary increase just as any other increase. The verse didn't mention nor say Agricultural increase alone. Rather it says all increase which includes agricultural and monetary increase.
brother this is among the law moses gave to the sons of Isreal and these first fruith are to be assembled and sheared among the Levi' the fatherless boy the widow and the foreigner among them.Deuteronomy 26:12-14
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by mysteryman2014: 4:50pm On Jan 06, 2019
Granted Abel sacrificed first fruit and Israelites were also required to sacrifice first fruit. If Christians were required to sacrifice first fruit it would have been stated clearly in the new testament.

Recall the controversy about circumcision of the gentiles before they are accepted as Christians, a decision was reached that they gentiles are not to be disturbed as they are not under the law but they should abstain from blood and things strangled. Clearly what was required was clearly stated in the new testament. So if first fruit is a requirement it would have been reiterated in the new testament.

True Christians are not under the law but under grace.
Re: It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit by lereinter(m): 4:53pm On Jan 06, 2019
This man can write long piece

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

A Killer Marriage Is A Nonsense Marriage - Paul Enenche (Throwback Video) / Anambra Youths Beat Catholic Priest To Coma / SHILOH 2014: Heaven On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.