Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

"She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" (42588 Views)

Unhappy Bride & Groom: Can This Marriage Last More Than A Year? (Video) / Man Rejects His Wife-to-be Three Days Traditional Marriage / Man Drops Surprise Engagement Ring On His Girlfriend's Bed, See What She Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Nobody: 2:43am On Jan 14, 2019
She can go to study to USA and bring her husbands with her, they give a husband visa to him. Then they both live together in America and see if he gets a scholarship too or both get a job and even if they decide to go to Poland, the American experience for them both and the dollars they make, going to Poland will help nicely.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by sacramento1212: 2:48am On Jan 14, 2019
OdiaI:
Marriage is about sacrifice and compromise most times. Keep white wedding aside, by the laws of the land, she is legally married.

Now, she is married to her husband, not her ex. If the husband doesn't want her to go and she goes, it may bring up issues later on. Moreover, if the Poland is sure, why not be patient with her husband for them to go there later. A marriage of one week old is a very young one, does she want to just end it without giving it proper thought?

If she feels taking the scholarship is best for her, let her sit with her husband and see if they can work up a plan that will benefit the marriage.

Whatever decision she takes, she should put her marriage into consideration. She is very married, put aside white wedding talks. Traditional marriage is not engagement party.

You have sense. May you continue to increase in wisdom. All these stupid motherfuckers that will just be writing thrash. It's not a boyfriend or girlfriend matter but someone already married and they are advising her to proceed just like that to the USA without considering the husband and marriage.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by sacramento1212: 2:50am On Jan 14, 2019
SaintNemesis:
She should do whatever is best for her. She alone knows what is best for Herself.

If I was in her shoes though I will go for the scholarship. If I can't convince him to join me in US, then I will return his bride price sharp...sharp.

The scholarship maybe God's way of delivering her from a bad marriage.

Your sense is having nemesis.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by sacramento1212: 2:53am On Jan 14, 2019
MissJoy29:

I couldn't help but exclaim @the bolded.
Just like that? You will return the bride-price? A man you claimed you loved enough to marry, you will just return the bride-price in less than a week after the wedding? Iffa hear! Let's keep lying anonymously sha on the Internet!! It's allowed only here because noone could be that rash in real life.

Besides, are you the one that will return your bride-price? What if your family doesn't't support your decision?

Stupidity now. You read some comments and just shake your head. Many of them are immature, inexperienced and are not qualified to be married.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by sacramento1212: 2:54am On Jan 14, 2019
bbode1:

My own opinion. It's quiet simple. Get her pregnant bfo going. She can always come home once a year. And the man can go visiting on vacation. This can be easily sorted out

And if pregnancy no enter nko? Na you dey give pikin? Nothing simple about your advice.

1 Like

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by sacramento1212: 2:59am On Jan 14, 2019
victorian:
My advice ?

She should choose US.

The husband can join her later .

Even if it was the ex who processed it .

Cos if the tables were turned , then man wil accept and travel abroad . he will even break up with her and remarry in the US, no be today, yansh dey back!

Lol...and after you'll be polluting the forum on how you almost married ritualist twice and that men are this and that. Not knowing you may even be the problem. How can you even reason like this?

1 Like

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Rozaytee: 3:05am On Jan 14, 2019
Ire2:

You be just fool. See your ugly ass face for, fucking big lips fake ass eye lashes. They do babe you they vex there they shine your mumu teeth ni make you never still marry so. That's how guys will continue to use and dump you because like a typical Nigerian girl you are foolish. Omoh if you even bother quote me back, drop your account number make I bless you to help your frustration or else don't quote me because you will be ignored like the low life you are. Nonsense

And listen you fool, don't you ever quote UyaiIncomparabl, she is not like you the fact she is going through emotional state that's making her say shot don't mean she is useless like you. Bleep off her mentions and don't influence her with your olosho mentality.
is like u are unfortunate... May u die a wretched man.... Fool

1 Like

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by sacramento1212: 3:06am On Jan 14, 2019
Valerie47:
So she should leave her husband cause of the scholarship given to her by a supposedly jealous ex that wants her marriage to end, why didn't he give her the scholarship when she was single, marriage is not something you walk it and walk out when its convenient for you.

Even though i sometimes disagree with some of your post, but i must admit you have sense. I'm impressed. Continue to be that good and reasonable girl.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by sacramento1212: 3:08am On Jan 14, 2019
Rozaytee:
is like u are unfortunate... May u die a wretched man.... Fool

Lady, why are you wishing death on another? That's too much naa
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Rozaytee: 3:21am On Jan 14, 2019
sacramento1212:

Lady, why are you wishing death on another? That's too much naa
no o... Ogun must kill am o... Insulting me wen I didn't quote him... infact ogun wil strike u dead.... Ire2
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Nobody: 3:53am On Jan 14, 2019
Liliyann:
I can never settle with a man that doesn't put my happiness above his!!
She should Berra accept the scholarship, if the man refuse, she should dump his ass, there are many fishes in a river!!
Always place your happiness above everything including marriage!!
Ladies should learn not to sacrifice their happiness all in the name of marriage coz it doesn't worth it these days!!

My happiness before his? Aren't you as selfish as the man himself. I see no difference between both of you.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Nobody: 4:15am On Jan 14, 2019
Angela777:
She can go to study to USA and bring her husbands with her, they give a husband visa to him. Then they both live together in America and see if he gets a scholarship too or both get a job and even if they decide to go to Poland, the American experience for them both and the dollars they make, going to Poland will help nicely.
Yes

I can place my 1Million bet that the Poland plan won't work out if/when she stays.

Poland embassy isn't guaranteeing anyone VISA. But getting a scholarship in US is more guarantee that the us consulate will grant her.

2 Likes

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Organs(m): 4:48am On Jan 14, 2019
Liliyann:
I can never settle with a man that doesn't put my happiness above his!!
She should Berra accept the scholarship, if the man refuse, she should dump his ass, there are many fishes in a river!!
Always place your happiness above everything including marriage!!
Ladies should learn not to sacrifice their happiness all in the name of marriage coz it doesn't worth it these days!!

that is why it will be difficult for a man to settle with you. For you its for the convenience not the person, love relationships etc. Go and listen to that lecture again about the professor that taught his class with a glass jar, big stones, smaller stones, pebbles and sand.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Organs(m): 4:51am On Jan 14, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

What does the EX have to do with the scholarship she got? undecided

He only helped her to get it, nothing attached, atleast from what I deduced from the story.
You had better stopped being sentimental. These men will leave you if they get the slightest opportunity. You better be wise and shine ya eyes! cheesy cool

There is this lecture about a professor that taught his class by placing big stones, smaller stones, pebbles and sand in a glass jar. Google it and read it. It will teach you some basic lessons you lack and most definitely need.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by sharpwriter(m): 5:35am On Jan 14, 2019
lefulefu:

there is a story my uncle told me about a lady that dumped her husband and two kids 4 an ex who happened to be dubai based and d husband wasnt a broke man oo cheesy

O ga o... Can you imagine.... The fact is that people are not what people used to be. Metamorphosis don take place in some people. They have turned into a strange alien breed of human beings whose behaviors are sickening and soulless . Evil everywhere! May that husband find consolation.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by sharpwriter(m): 5:54am On Jan 14, 2019
Valerie47:
As in eh, our youths are just so crazy, anytime they hear abroad, they just lose their sense of reasoning, I know so many girls that have left their home based boyfriends just to marry guys abroad, and they are now baby making machine in Nigeria, a particular lady left her fiancé when she met one man that base in UK at a wedding, unknown to her, the man is married with kids there, guess what, she slept with him and fell pregnant, now she is in Nigeria cause the man can't marry two times, while the boys are all planning to leave Nigeria, thinking their life will get better out there.

Very crazy youths; those Libyan route journey and horror stories are good proofs of their craziness. People just wanna leave without good plans, thinking anything goes cheesy As for those girls, they should roll with their misfortunes. They can't eat their cake and have it. They are the kind of people that will get to overseas and turn against the men who brought them their by taking advantage of the system negatively; eventually they may still end up in divorce since they were even wild right from time.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Benito8998(m): 6:00am On Jan 14, 2019
Valerie47:
Aww, thanks.

Can I know you? Give me ur mail pls.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Dshocker(m): 6:47am On Jan 14, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
She had better accept the scholarship. That man will leave her if he were offered the same opportunity. Selfish men who wouldn't place their wives before anything.

I'll take the scholarship and leave immediately, in the end, I'll marry a white man. cool
White men are sweet, plus you'll get enough dollars.
Nigerian men are over used materials and should be castrated. cool

This shows that you are confused about life itself
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 14, 2019
Rozaytee:
no o... Ogun must kill am o... Insulting me wen I didn't quote him... infact ogun wil strike u dead.... Ire2

You be fool oooo
Ogun cannot kill me. We be ogun worshiper, you they call ogun, you don carry tortoise go serve Ogun once before? You don carry dog go serve am? You they try me abi? I go save your picture from your dp, I go put am for altar. You be fool oo. If I carry Ebo go t junction for your head. We go see how your life go became after wen I carry sacrifice go give night people against your, ,And I go do am so. You be fool o. E go clear for your eye.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 14, 2019
sharpwriter:

Very crazy youths; those Libyan route journey and horror stories are good proofs of their craziness. People just wanna leave without good plans, thinking anything goes cheesy As for those girls, they should roll with their misfortunes. They can't eat their cake and have it. They are the kind of people that will get to overseas and turn against the men who brought them their by taking advantage of the system negatively; eventually they may still end up in divorce since they were even wild right from time.
The comments am seeing here shows that most Nigerian ladies marry for the wrong reason. Gold diggers. Now I see the reason for the high rates of divorce.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 14, 2019
sacramento1212:

Even though i sometimes disagree with some of your post, but i must admit you have sense. I'm impressed. Continue to be that good and reasonable girl.
Thanks and good morning to you.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 14, 2019
Ire2:

You be just fool. See your ugly ass face for, fucking big lips fake ass eye lashes. They do babe you they vex there they shine your mumu teeth ni make you never still marry so. That's how guys will continue to use and dump you because like a typical Nigerian girl you are foolish. Omoh if you even bother quote me back, drop your account number make I bless you to help your frustration or else don't quote me because you will be ignored like the low life you are. Nonsense

And listen you fool, don't you ever quote UyaiIncomparabl, she is not like you the fact she is going through emotional state that's making her say shot don't mean she is useless like you. Bleep off her mentions and don't influence her with your olosho mentality.
Oh my Goodness, this savagery is on another level. LMAO.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by sacramento1212: 8:10am On Jan 14, 2019
Valerie47:
Thanks and good morning to you.

Good morning Val. Have a blessed day.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by sharpwriter(m): 8:15am On Jan 14, 2019
Valerie47:
The comments am seeing here shows that most Nigerian ladies marry for the wrong reason. Gold diggers. Now I see the reason for the high rates of divorce.

Yes you're right. When fear of God is fast disappearing from the earth, what do you expect? Most men and women now have cravings for materialism over morals, hence the problems we see rampant today.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 14, 2019
sharpwriter:

Yes you're right. When fear of God is fast disappearing from the earth, what do you expect? Most men and women now have cravings for materialism over morals, hence the problems we see rampant today.
Its quite disheartening. I pity all the Nigerian guys that will end up with them.

1 Like

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by sacramento1212: 8:17am On Jan 14, 2019
Valerie47:

Stupidity. Apart from many of them being underage, they do not understand the intricacies of marriage. Be it a man or woman, once you are married you cannot make certain decisions without consulting with your partner even though the man is the head of the house, but that position must still go with certain level of flexibility.

Once they hear dollars, USA, UK, etc they immediately and foolishly jump into it. If the lady wasn't married, that's a different story but I'm so surprised that many despite confirming from the story that traditional marriage has already taken place are still advising her to proceed or even go and drop bride price..SMH. that it's a life time opportunity.

1 Like

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 14, 2019
sacramento1212:

Stupidity. Apart from many of them being underage, they do not understand the intricacies of marriage. Be it a man or woman, once you are married you cannot make certain decisions without consulting with your partner even though the man is the head of the house, but that position must still go with certain level of flexibility.

Once they hear dollars, USA, UK, etc they immediately and foolishly jump into it. If the lady wasn't married, that's a different story but I'm so surprised that many despite confirming from the story that traditional marriage has already taken place are still advising her to proceed or even go and drop bride price..SMH. that it's a life time opportunity.

Pathetic, na wetin poverty dey cause.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by sacramento1212: 8:23am On Jan 14, 2019
Valerie47:
Pathetic, na wetin poverty dey cause.

Poverty may be part of it but what i see is stupidity. I hope they pair up with their likes so they can as well display a complete level of stupidity in their homes and also bear stupid children. But unfortunately, their trap may end up capturing an innocent man.

1 Like

Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by sharpwriter(m): 8:38am On Jan 14, 2019
Valerie47:
Its quite disheartening. I pity all the Nigerian guys that will end up with them.

Lol... God help them.
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by ImaIma1(f): 8:50am On Jan 14, 2019
na2016:

what pride are you talking about? So u mean a man must be so foolish to allow a fellow man play on his intelligence?✋✋✋✋✋

Think with a clear mind
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by sharpwriter(m): 9:14am On Jan 14, 2019
Ire2:

Lol... Ha, She offend you before ni? Take am easy o cheesy
Re: "She Did Traditional Marriage Last Week, Got Scholarship To US This Week" by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 14, 2019
Valerie47:
Oh my Goodness, this savagery is on another level. LMAO.

That girl vex me. She think say uyai be like her. She nor know say uyai get head pass her like 300 mill more times, I just they let her know the fact so next time she nor go quote her. Na people like her they mislead good girls to destruction like the way her life has already been destroyed. She is looking for more people to destroy so they end up lonely frustrated and curse men all day on nairaland. E nor go work if she try am near my sis I go roast her alive, physical, spiritual

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What If Your Boyfriend Says This To You, What Would You Do? / 16-year-old South African Boy Proposes To His 15-year-old Girlfriend / Is this Enough Reason to Break up with him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.