Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,718 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos (94510 Views)

President Buhari's Visit To Maiduguri In Pictures / Nigerian Air Force Acquires Two New Helicopters To Fight Boko Haram (Photos) / Army Abandons Injured Soldier Fighting Boko Haram (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by SirLakes: 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2019
Cadec007:
yeah but that doesn't mean the weapon is totally bad .......it could even just be there for fancy

For fancy, I don't think so, something is wrong with those guns

Anytime you see an armed police officer just check, it's either a papertape or sellotape, all of them cant fancy tape nah cheesy

1 Like

Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by ijabiken1(m): 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2019
bedspread:
Being Ready is not by Mouth... Neither is it by Picture...

D weapon that guy is holding there looks like a toy to the weapons those killers carry

May GOD HELP Our Boys Fight this war that has Refused to end.... Dts all I can say
I pity una,buhari they deceive una abi
Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by darqly(m): 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2019
Our troops travel without troop transport instead they are entering enemy territory in soft-skinned vehicles, and they are armed. And there is one boy smoking weed before even meeting the enemy. God keep them.
Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by franchasng: 8:30pm On Jan 18, 2019
Karatum:
Just imagine; does it mean that the Army has no ARMY or MILITARY owned buses to convey these troops or what?? Why would they use commercial transport to transport these men to the battlefield?? This is indeed shameful.
So so shameful my dear, Nigeria is not close to a nation, just a community of savages trying to swallow others angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by Cadec007(m): 8:31pm On Jan 18, 2019
Maybe you people don't know sha but we are not at war.....instead fighting BH is like an operation( I am not justifying their deaths).........we have the assets we have the weapons but we aren't using them for reasons I don't know....... We have our own APC manufacturing company, we recently have our own drones, we fvcking have satellites for Ariel reconnaissance etc yet we aren't using them to the fullest....

My point is politicians are behind the crazy way our military operates
Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by Cadec007(m): 8:34pm On Jan 18, 2019
SirLakes:

For fancy, I don't think so, something is wrong with those guns

Anytime you see an armed police officer just check, it's either a papertape or sellotape, all of them cant fancy tape nah cheesy
Ok ooo, but lemme inform you sha that we have weapons in fact we have enough but the fear of equipping those weapons to the wrong soldiers is huge ( take last years mutiny for eg)
Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by javaRookie: 8:34pm On Jan 18, 2019
Cadec007:
hmmm, okay fine do you know how much a piece of M16 ,AR 10 or AR15 cost?.

So we should use money for projects to buy fancy equipment....... Its just like taking a modded Lamborghini to battle when cheaper battle trucks and Armoured carriers would do the same duty?
Come on man this is the Security of a Nation you talking about na.
How much is it that the govt cant purchase but they drafted billions for 2k19 elections.
US dont joke with their military close to $500bn budget o.
Naija govt just making jest of our military.

1 Like

Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by Omonaijani: 8:35pm On Jan 18, 2019
Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by Cadec007(m): 8:36pm On Jan 18, 2019
darqly:
Our troops travel without troop transport instead they are entering enemy territory in soft-skinned vehicles, and they are armed. And there is one boy smoking weed before even meeting the enemy. God keep them.
I don't blame them,I actually blame the generals who are ready to sacrifice their men for money ( the result of the military being idle for a long time)

1 Like

Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by dododawa1: 8:37pm On Jan 18, 2019
One of Yoruba pride,NOT the one below

Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by Cadec007(m): 8:38pm On Jan 18, 2019
julybaba:

When it comes to the number one assault rifle, AK-47 takes over all other rifles in one aspect: reliability. A study on the rifle proved that an AK-47 can be used even after it has been driven over by tank, filled with mud and water or covered with rust. The world’s most widely used assault rifle, the AK-47s have killed more number of people than any other assault rifle that ever existed. Beside the reliability factor, another reason why AK-47 is notoriously popular is because it comes cheap and there are a lot of fakes in the illegal markets around the world.
point......as compared with the M16's which has continually failed in the reliability aspect...
Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by AfonjaConehead: 8:38pm On Jan 18, 2019
When we say coneheads,we know what we are talking about. Just look at the cone figure there
grin grin
Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by greatbrian(m): 8:39pm On Jan 18, 2019
checkolatunji:

I completely agreed with you. That weapon says alot

Nooo the man behind the weapon says it all

1 Like

Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by Dan18(m): 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2019
buchai:
i don't know why they always have good phones and cameras to snap but no good weapons to fight boko haram
Will they buy it with their money?

1 Like

Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by Cannonleo(m): 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2019
Most of you guys actually do not read,

They are not in the AOR-Battle theatre(Borno et al), they are moving from their respective bases to 7 div maiduguri hence the buses, when they get to the AOR, then you will see the MRAPs ,APCs and even the soft skinned hilux(my hate for them)

On the issue of standard ARM, the AK-47 is widely used for one thing and one thing alone, durability, it fires in anything, underwater,mud,in the rain with the lowest possible jam ratio as far as it is maintained. Yes there are Ak-74 , Ak-109, Berly Ak(which is in use by SF), Etc all variants of the AK family , the 47 series presents little challenges in use and maintenance and its cost effective while having a wonderful firing range and projectile area.
The truth is i am a lover of the AK but i think its time general Infantry is made a standard user of the Ak-74,

Other variants are in use with the army but the Ak is seen as a General Infantry assault rifle.
A little tweak here and there, a red dot sight, pistol grip added etc and your presented with a deadly rifle regardless of aesthetic value.

I know face value is important, but why did US troop drop their M-4s for AKs during the invasion of afghanistan simply, the heat jammed the M-4, after that experience the m-4 had to be upgraded to conform to the environment.

Long and short, aesthetics is important for photoshots but when bullets starts flying, its the durability of your head,hand and weapon that matters

5 Likes

Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by javaRookie: 8:42pm On Jan 18, 2019
JezCalMeJay:

Please help me remind our ignorant Nigerians. ...Ak47 is so far the best assault rifle in the world *quote me*.. all those sophisticated rifles you guys want the gov't to get are for close range combat
The version of our Ak47 is outdated bro. More recent versions have hit the market with improved bullet damage, accuracy, hit velocity, reload time etc Since 2009.
Its just like using 2g to download a 50mb file while Bh use 3g. Who do you think gat the upperhand?
Coupled with the fact that they got no sophiscated communication devices or trackers.
Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 18, 2019
"Many has gone" Lafia Road Nasarawa State come to my mind. Young Soldier not by Selfies
Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by Artistree: 8:46pm On Jan 18, 2019
22brains:
But he is just a young soldier, he has never been to the battle field once!!
I didn't dispute that fact, I was simply correcting an error.
Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by Cadec007(m): 8:47pm On Jan 18, 2019
javaRookie:

Come on man this is the Security of a Nation you talking about na.
How much is it that the govt cant purchase but they drafted billions for 2k19 elections.
US dont joke with their military close to $500bn budget o.
Naija govt just making jest of our military.
its not even a matter of purchase, the US,China, Russia etc have numerous weapons factory because they are a hostile country, Nigeria isn't and although we do have a weapon company weve had no reason to mass produce.............

For the point of security of the nation.....lemme explain to you that BH is rubbish just a bunch of political used thugs......they pose no threat whatsoever,....... A threat is something that shakes a nation to the core....compare the activities of ISIS( or even our own Niger delta agitators, the north was quick to quell them cos they were a threat)......theve rocked the middle east and even at some point displaced governments but look at Nigeria is the Borneo state governor not in borno, what about the senators, they still go about their business,.......

So guy stop seeing this BH stuff as some war its just a game to a single somebody..... When the real threat comes you would see the strength of Nigeria....

I just pity all these sacrificial lambs that die everyday

1 Like

Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by kenmaro: 8:49pm On Jan 18, 2019
Karatum:
Just imagine; does it mean that the Army has no ARMY or MILITARY owned buses to convey these troops or what?? Why would they use commercial transport to transport these men to the battlefield?? This is indeed shameful.

Honestly, you just spoke my mind. A nation's army being conveyed to the battle ground by commercial buses. It's a very big shame and there is no excuse for this unprofessional act by the army authority & the government. This tells a lot what our young military men are passing through at the war front as a result of the high rate of corruption being perpetrated by the politicians and within the top military authority.

1 Like

Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by Cadec007(m): 8:51pm On Jan 18, 2019
Cannonleo:
Most of you guys actually do not read,

They are not in the AOR-Battle theatre(Borno et al), they are moving from their respective bases to 7 div maiduguri hence the buses, when they get to the AOR, then you will see the MRAPs ,APCs and even the soft skinned hilux(my hate for them)

On the issue of standard ARM, the AK-47 is widely used for one thing and one thing alone, durability, it fires in anything, underwater,mud,in the rain with the lowest possible jam ratio as far as it is maintained. Yes there are Ak-74 , Ak-109, Berly Ak(which is in use by SF), Etc all variants of the AK family , the 47 series presents little challenges in use and maintenance and its cost effective while having a wonderful firing range and projectile area.
The truth is i am a lover of the AK but i think its time general Infantry is made a standard user of the Ak-74,

Other variants are in use with the army but the Ak is seen as a General Infantry assault rifle.
A little tweak here and there, a red dot sight, pistol grip added etc and your presented with a deadly rifle regardless of aesthetic value.

I know face value is important, but why did US troop drop their M-4s for AKs during the invasion of afghanistan simply, the heat jammed the M-4, after that experience the m-4 had to be upgraded to conform to the environment.

Long and short, aesthetics is important for photoshots but when bullets starts flying, its the durability of your head,hand and weapon that matters
point bro....its either the AK or nothing and hey its been upgraded with some tweaks....

The third pic from top

Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by Cadec007(m): 8:53pm On Jan 18, 2019
kenmaro:

Honestly, you just spoke my mind. A nation's army being conveyed to the battle ground by commercial buses. It's a very big shame and there is no excuse for this unprofessional act by the army authority & the government. This tells a lot what our young military men are passing through at the war front as a result of the high rate of corruption being perpetrated by the politicians and within the top military authority.
I understand how you feel bro but I don't think they are going directly to the front like that.....they aren't even in full gear
Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by javaRookie: 8:53pm On Jan 18, 2019
Cadec007:
its not even a matter of purchase, the US,China, Russia etc have numerous weapons factory because they are a hostile country, Nigeria isn't and although we do have a weapon company weve had no reason to mass produce.............

For the point of security of the nation.....lemme explain to you that BH is rubbish just a bunch of political used thugs......they pose no threat whatsoever,....... A threat is something that shakes a nation to the core....compare the activities of ISIS( or even our own Niger delta agitators, the north was quick to quell them cos they were a threat)......theve rocked the middle east and even at some point displaced governments but look at Nigeria is the Borneo state governor not in borno, what about the senators, they still go about their business,.......

So guy stop seeing this BH stuff as some war its just a game to a single somebody..... When the real threat comes you would see the strength of Nigeria....

I just pity all these sacrificial lambs that die everyday
I knew it.
So on Point.
We are the ones killing ourselves.
Politics even in the military.

2 Likes

Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by Cadec007(m): 8:54pm On Jan 18, 2019
javaRookie:

The version of our Ak47 is outdated bro. More recent versions have hit the market with improved bullet damage, accuracy, hit velocity, reload time etc Since 2009.
Its just like using 2g to download a 50mb file while Bh use 3g. Who do you think gat the upperhand?
Coupled with the fact that they got no sophiscated communication devices or trackers.
haba! They have comm devices na
Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by oluwaahmed: 8:55pm On Jan 18, 2019
Omo DAT sojo igbobian no send anybody
Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by javaRookie: 8:59pm On Jan 18, 2019
Cadec007:
haba! They have comm devices na
Sophiscated bro. Like Gps trackers, pathfinding devices, motion detection softwares, spy drones, satelite body mapping..

1 Like

Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by Stocking: 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2019
javaRookie:

Sophiscated bro. Like Gps trackers, pathfinding devices, motion detection softwares, spy drones, satelite body mapping..
Oga . Stop saying nonsense
Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by Cadec007(m): 9:03pm On Jan 18, 2019
javaRookie:

ok and if I told you we have them?
Re: Young Soldiers Travel To Maiduguri In High Spirits To Battle Boko Haram. Photos by kanubiafra: 9:04pm On Jan 18, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:
Keep the Spirit high Bro.

Today i dey come chill with una for Command Guest house club Baga Road Maiduguri tonight.

All drinks on me if you are in Maiduguri cool
this bank of the north guy. julukwa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown / Why Sanusi Was Removed As Kano Emir – State Government / Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.