Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,500 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? (34638 Views)

Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? / I Keep Seeing My Dead Nephew In My Dreams! / Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by originals1(m): 3:20pm On Jan 20, 2019
Op, u ve to let him go...if his spirit stays too long in the land of the living ,he might be trapped here and become restless....

What u need to do now is Gather all his personal belongings u're in possesion of and burn them up so his spirit wouldnt ve any anchor in the land of the living....
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by Boss13: 3:22pm On Jan 20, 2019
koyyes:

That's because the both of you were very close and you still think about him while you are awake. Thoughts of him are right there in your subconscious mind. And while you sleep, those subconscious thoughts start playing in your dreams.

I see you are a little emotional about your late friend so I don't think it will stop.
The less you think of him, the lesser dreams you will have of him.

Becareful with what you believe though. The truth is your friend no longer exists. Not here, not any where else.

If you deceive yourself in believing otherwise, it is either your mind starts to play tricks on you or those jobless evil monitoring spirits will mess you up using the memory you have of your friend.

Good luck.

You are right till the last paragraph. Yes, your mind can play tricks on you and when you are not in sync with your mind, you now have mental issues.

The mind is a powerful master, yet a subservient slave.
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by PlanckTime: 3:26pm On Jan 20, 2019
Boss13:

I don’t know what you bitterness is, but it’s funny. You cannot ignore Jesus, whether you believe in him or not. Whether he existed or not. If I want to discuss with you on spiritual matters, I would start from what you know to things you don’t know.

In spirituality and religious matter, you cannot ignore Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha etc

HOW MANY NATIVE DOCTORS CALL/CARRY JESUS, MUHAMMAD AND BUDDHA ALONG?

ONLY MUSLIM CALL MUHAMMAD IN THEIR SPIRITUAL AFFAIRS, CHRISTIANS CALL JESUS WHILE BUDDHISTS CALL BUDDHA, NOTHING CONCERN AN AFRICAN TRADITIONAL RELIGIOUS PEOPLE WITH THOSE THREE CLOWNS MENTIONED.

I'M NOT A RELIGIOUS PERSON, I FOLLOW NO RELIGION, I ONLY RESPECT NATURE

7 Shares

Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 20, 2019
sherylbakky:

But how exactly did u develop dat courage to talk to him in the dream? I'm still confused...how cud one even be so conscious in a dream. I tink u sudnt be able 2 control wot u do in a dream

Na my friend na. Our relationship was the same like in real life
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by Segedinho(m): 3:30pm On Jan 20, 2019
Boss13:

The OP did not see the future. What he saw in his dream state already existed. Seeing the future is seeing things that have not existed and yet to be.
..4m wat I deduced,it was totally unknown to him were he could find d document. it is logical to term it "future" cos no prior knowledge abt it until he got an instruction. ....no information stored ...nothing nothing. .no trend...no history
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by uuzba(m): 3:32pm On Jan 20, 2019
MajorJeffery:
I've done this before here with an old moniker about two years ago or so but this still persist. What can I do? I'm already thinking of seeing a therapist but I thought I should raise it here again.

This happens at least three nights every week and in recent dreams, I see myself trying to help him achieve a feat.

The irony is that sometimes in the dream, it occurred to me that he was dead but yet I still not cared.

This is 10years now that I lost him in a road accident. Even as teenagers, we were so close that we shared clothes and some people thought we were blood brothers.

I discussed this with his mum sometime ago and she told me she had a feeling her dead son was existing somewhere and that got me thinking. Could this be true?

Of course your friend is existing somewhere. But the issue now is whether his state is bettee than your's or worse. If he's in a better state, (heaven), he might be asking God to help you through your challenges in life. If he's in a bad state (but not condemed), he may be expecting you to pray to God for him.
Two of you were very good friends, does not mean he will just die like that and forget you. As you remember him, so is he remembering you.
Pray for him to God. And Pray to God for yourself,
He is trying to get your attention very close to God.
He can see God, you cannot.
I too have a friend who appears in my dreams. Usually when I do very bad things. He doesn't talk. He just look at me. If he was alive, I can't do those bad things in his presence.
We were close when I was little. He died, 2005-6. When I wake up, i realise my foolish ways and confess my sins.
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by PlanckTime: 3:35pm On Jan 20, 2019
Boss13:

Why are you interested in seeing the future? Of what benefit is it to you other than to fulfill your selfish desires. Is it possible to see the future - YES. Such powers are reserved for beings with higher spiritual frequency and many of these Beings do not take on human forms. So if you want such powers, you have to practice, practice and practice. Even at that, your vibration may be too much to exist on earth and you have to transcend to the Heavens.

I HAVE CHECKED THE ELECTROMAGNETIC SPECTRUM BUT CAN'T FIND THIS YOUR SPIRITUAL FREQUENCY STORY, HOW DID YOU KNOW THIS AND WHAT'S THE WAVELENGTH OF THE SPIRITUAL REALM?

PROVE PLEASE

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by Taiofil(m): 3:36pm On Jan 20, 2019
MajorJeffery:
I've done some things for him earlier especially immediately after his sudden death. He came in the dream some time ago and showed a document his mum was searching for weeks at their house. I went to their house that morning, got inside his room and brought out the documents from where he hid them exactly the place he showed me in the dream.

Recently, it's about a lady I don't even know and haven't met. In the dream, he had her as girlfriend and was about to propose. When the time came for that, I suddenly couldn't see him near me so I proposed to the girl on his behalf giving her a reason that my friend was shy.(I mean who does such) It was just real and he later showed up and started laughing sheepishly.

There are more stories and the thing is that I never thought about him before sleeping.
Personally i dont think he's trying to lead you to death or something... Maybe he's justing trying to tell u somtin buh if u dnt want to continue den u tell him next in ur dream to stop... About the last dream maybe he's tryna tell you about the lady or maybe the lady is ur future wife... Think and pray well! Good luck
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 20, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

Na my friend na. Our relationship was the same like in real life
Lol...dats funny u knw, just tell op how u did it , so he cud b free too
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by joefranky(m): 3:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
He is trying to communicate some things to you. Before you sleep, call out his name, tell him you are ready to listen to him then sleep. Your encounter with him that night will be different.
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by Segedinho(m): 3:41pm On Jan 20, 2019
Boss13:

The OP did not see the future. What he saw in his dream state already existed. Seeing the future is seeing things that have not existed and yet to be.
....If I may understand ur definition of future. ..it is all about what is yet 2 happen.abt this u are right....maybe I chose the wrong word for itI. ...but my stand remains. ....he was 100% unaware where such documents would be found ..4m his comment i blv he doesn't know whether the deceased's mother was looking 4 d document until he had an encounter in his dream .....this is a bit violating the subconscious theory of having and storing an information
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by uuzba(m): 3:43pm On Jan 20, 2019
PlanckTime:

I HAVE CHECKED THE ELECTROMAGNETIC SPECTRUM BUT CAN'T FINED THIS YOUR SPIRITUAL FREQUENCY STORY, HOW DID YOU KNOW THIS AND WHAT'S THE WAVELENGTH OF THE SPIRITUAL REALM?

PROVE PLEASE
Everything in the universe consists of some form of particles or charges. Photons, electrons,... Etc.
Spiritual issues are void of univeral matter.
A baby cannot survive without ubilical chord attached to the mother.
Once it is born, total change. Baby does not need umbilical chord for ever and ever.
So too are spiritual issues. They do not need matter to exist.
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by mechanics(m): 3:48pm On Jan 20, 2019
Bot normal o, meet your pastor for special prayers, your prayer point from now is to bind any spirit of the dead disturbing you, it will surely be a thing of the past, pray in faith.
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by PlanckTime: 3:48pm On Jan 20, 2019
[s]
Taiofil:

Personally i dont think he's trying to lead you to death or something... Maybe he's justing trying to tell u somtin buh if u dnt want to continue den u tell him next in ur dream to stop... About the last dream maybe he's tryna tell you about the lady or maybe the lady is ur future wife... Think and pray well! Good luck
[/s]

3 Shares

Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by Johilo(m): 3:49pm On Jan 20, 2019
wink
bedspread:
It's Not Normal!

The Living and Dead has nothing in common!

It's not a Good sign!
african tinking
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by Tony609(m): 3:49pm On Jan 20, 2019
bro ....he is trying to send a message across to u, as a purgatorial I believe our departed brothers and sisters need our help... according to the teaching of the Catholic Church .
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by uuzba(m): 3:51pm On Jan 20, 2019
originals1:
Op, u ve to let him go...if his spirit stays too long in the land of the living ,he might be trapped here and become restless....

What u need to do now is Gather all his personal belongings u're in possesion of and burn them up so his spirit wouldnt ve any anchor in the land of the living....
The guy is having a tough time and is expecting OP to pray for him.
If you did a bad thing, and God did not allow you enter heaven, where will you go? Is it not back to earth to come and see if your so called friends can beg God for you?
-
The story of Lazarus and the Rich man, didn't th rich man beg Abraham, "send one dead guy back to the living, go to my house and tell my 4 brothers not to live bad life style".

Somebody is dead does not mean the person will forget that he came from Earth, or forget everybody's name. He still knows his friend. And is trying to communicate.
In my church, we pray for the dead. That INCASE they have not entered heaven, let God spare them, clean their sins and take them in.
MANY other churches just FORGET ABOUT dead people and pray ONLY for wealth and prosperity for the living members. Only the pastor chops all the wealth and forget about the members.
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by bedspread: 3:51pm On Jan 20, 2019
Johilo:
wink african tinking

European Thinker! I see u

1 Like

Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by Boss13: 3:53pm On Jan 20, 2019
Segedinho:
..4m wat I deduced,it was totally unknown to him were he could find d document. it is logical to term it "future" cos no prior knowledge abt it until he got an instruction. ....no information stored ...nothing nothing. .no trend...no history

That’s not the future. I explained previously. The document already exist. Having no prior knowledge in the material plane - Possibly. However, I mentioned that the subconscious is ever knowing, ever present. So IT led him to the location of the document via passing the information in his dream state. Please don’t get confused by dissociating the subconscious from you. YOU are your subconscious. We can also say the subconscious is the God-like nature in US. The subconscious can even be divided further. The Supra subconscious- which I keep referring to ever knowing, ever presence. There is the subconscious that retains data and then the conscious which you and me is currently operating on at the moment.

In the dream state the subconscious kicks in whilst the conscious mind is repressed. Some people via spiritual exercises can repress their conscious mind and allow their subconscious to kick in. You can also do this via hypnosis. Retained in the subconscious mind is every details about you and your past lives and every existence. You can align effectively with your subconscious via practice. The easiest of them all is writing down your dream occurrences every night.

If you disbelieve me - visit a hypnotist and have him record your session. However, you may be too frightened after you hear yourself, via your subconscious speaking about things you did in 1600s and how you died.
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by PlanckTime: 3:54pm On Jan 20, 2019
uuzba:

Everything in the universe consists of some form of particles or charges. Photons, electrons,... Etc.
Spiritual issues are void of univeral matter.
A baby cannot survive without ubilical chord attached to the mother.
Once it is born, total change. Baby does not need umbilical chord for ever and ever.
So too are spiritual issues. They do not need matter to exist.

BUT EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT OPINION ABOUT SPIRITUAL STUFF SO HOW DO WE STUDY IT, HOW ARE WE SURE THAT GUY IS RIGHT?

4 Shares

Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by Boss13: 3:58pm On Jan 20, 2019
PlanckTime:

HOW MANY NATIVE DOCTORS CALL/CARRY JESUS, MUHAMMAD AND BUDDHA ALONG?

ONLY MUSLIM CALL MUHAMMAD IN THEIR SPIRITUAL AFFAIRS, CHRISTIANS CALL JESUS WHILE BUDDHISTS CALL BUDDHA, NOTHING CONCERN AN AFRICAN TRADITIONAL RELIGIOUS PEOPLE WITH THOSE THREE CLOWNS MENTIONED.

I'M NOT A RELIGIOUS PERSON, I FOLLOW NO RELIGION, I ONLY RESPECT NATURE

Laugh - I know a native doctor that still goes to church back in my university days in Nigeria. Hope I didn’t burst your bubbles.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in believing in nature as long as you are spiritually fulfilled. The Creator exist in all things. There is equally nothing wrong in going to church, but if you seek spirituality, you won’t find it in churches. By spirituality, I mean Salvation.
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by PlanckTime: 3:59pm On Jan 20, 2019
uuzba:

The guy is having a tough time and is expecting OP to pray for him.
If you did a bad thing, and God did not allow you enter heaven, where will you go? Is it not back to earth to come and see if your so called friends can beg God for you?
-
The story of Lazarus and the Rich man, didn't th rich man beg Abraham, "send one dead guy back to the living, go to my house and tell my 4 brothers not to live bad life style".

Somebody is dead does not mean the person will forget that he came from Earth, or forget everybody's name. He still knows his friend. And is trying to communicate.
In my church, we pray for the dead. That INCASE they have not entered heaven, let God spare them, clean their sins and take them in.
MANY other churches just FORGET ABOUT dead people and pray ONLY for wealth and prosperity for the living members. Only the pastor chops all the wealth and forget about the members.

YOU'RE DAFT AND BACKWARD IN THINKING

5 Shares

Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by PlanckTime: 4:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
[s]
Boss13:

Laugh - I know a native doctor that still goes to church back in my university days in Nigeria. Hope I didn’t burst your bubbles.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in believing in nature as long as you are spiritually fulfilled. The Creator exist in all things. There is equally nothing wrong in going to church, but if you seek spirituality, you won’t find it in churches. By spirituality, I mean Salvation.
[/s]

5 Shares

Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by Boss13: 4:03pm On Jan 20, 2019
PlanckTime:

I HAVE CHECKED THE ELECTROMAGNETIC SPECTRUM BUT CAN'T FIND THIS YOUR SPIRITUAL FREQUENCY STORY, HOW DID YOU KNOW THIS AND WHAT'S THE WAVELENGTH OF THE SPIRITUAL REALM?

PROVE PLEASE

I did a little bit of physics in secondary school. I didn’t pursue it any further than Physics 101 and 102. We vibrate as Souls. Enclosed around our body is some vibrational Force. Some gifted people can see it or smell it. I can’t but I hope to someday.

If you doubt me. Go close to someone, you can do it now. Try to touch the individual without physically placing your hands, get your hands very close. That individual would feel as if being touched. It is called Ethereal matter.
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by Segedinho(m): 4:03pm On Jan 20, 2019
Boss13:

That’s not the future. I explained previously. The document already exist. Having no prior knowledge in the material plane - Possibly. However, I mentioned that the subconscious is ever knowing, ever present. So IT led him to the location of the document via passing the information in his dream state. Please don’t get confused by dissociating the subconscious from you. YOU are your subconscious. We can also say the subconscious is the God-like nature in US. The subconscious can even be divided further. The Supra subconscious- which I keep referring to ever knowing, ever presence. There is the subconscious that retains data and then the conscious which you and me is currently operating on at the moment.

In the dream state the subconscious kicks in whilst the conscious mind is repressed. Some people via spiritual exercises can repress their conscious mind and allow their subconscious to kick in. You can also do this via hypnosis. Retained in the subconscious mind is every details about you and your past lives and every existence. You can align effectively with your subconscious via practice. The easiest of them all is writing down your dream occurrences every night.

If you disbelieve me - visit a hypnotist and have him record your session. However, you may be too frightened after you hear yourself, via your subconscious speaking about things you did in 1600s and how you died.
Now I get a clear picture on ur stand in subconsciousness and can't doubt or rather fight your intellectual view about it........talking about recarnation and hypnotism. ..does it mean the subconscious mind/brain never dies even after the demised of the entity (person)??
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by ghettochild(m): 4:04pm On Jan 20, 2019
bedspread:
It's Not Normal!

The Living and Dead has nothing in common!

It's not a Good sign!
Lies... Who are mediums?
Google it
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by Boss13: 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2019
PlanckTime:

BUT EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT OPINION ABOUT SPIRITUAL STUFF SO HOW DO WE STUDY IT, HOW ARE WE SURE THAT GUY IS RIGHT?

You believe in your ancestors yet post nature pictures from temperate zones. How hypocritical!
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by ghettochild(m): 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2019
Uyi168:
We can't always control what happens in the dreams

Yes we can.. If the dream persist
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by Segedinho(m): 4:08pm On Jan 20, 2019
ghettochild:

Yes we can.. If the dream persist
...Give a clear way on how to do this
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by ghettochild(m): 4:08pm On Jan 20, 2019
MajorJeffery:
I've done some things for him earlier especially immediately after his sudden death. He came in the dream some time ago and showed a document his mum was searching for weeks at their house. I went to their house that morning, got inside his room and brought out the documents from where he hid them exactly the place he showed me in the dream.

Recently, it's about a lady I don't even know and haven't met. In the dream, he had her as girlfriend and was about to propose. When the time came for that, I suddenly couldn't see him near me so I proposed to the girl on his behalf giving her a reason that my friend was shy.(I mean who does such) It was just real and he later showed up and started laughing sheepishly.

There are more stories and the thing is that I never thought about him before sleeping.
Tell us more of these stories...
That will further help us to explain these events
Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by Boss13: 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2019
Tony609:
bro ....he is trying to send a message across to u, as a purgatorial I believe our departed brothers and sisters need our help... according to the teaching of the Catholic Church .

Nope - there is nothing you can do for them. They are cleansing themselves from the material things they experienced on Earth. This is required to enable them access the Heavens where further training and instructions are required for their next assignment.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Died Since 2009 And Still Appears In My Dreams, Is This Normal? by ghettochild(m): 4:10pm On Jan 20, 2019
Kenneth4u205:
he died before fulfuling his goals and passion. What's happening now is that he want to possese you and use your body to fulfil this pass ions. Passion for se.x, etc. But from your experience of seeing him always, it means he has already possessed you and living out his life through you. That's why your mood suddenly changes and you behave unlike yourself sometimes
Who b this one??
U talking nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Six Important Ways You Can Obtain Mercy From God / Samuel Uche: Pastor Fatoyinbo And Busola Dakolo Rape Allegation, Foolish / Jesus Is Black: Not White

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.