Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,612 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? (25316 Views)

My Boyfriend Just Moved Into My Apartment / Which Of These Categories Of Guys Is Most Attractive To Ladies??? / How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by Juliearth(f): 2:35am On Jan 21, 2019
Jayslicky:
Abort mission!!! I repeat it again abort mission!!!, to avoid story of how all my properties was sold by my girlfriend.

That isn't the problem. The ish is that the babe is already feeling too comfortable and seeing herself as a fiancee. Op needs to reset that thinking.
Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by Originalsly: 2:38am On Jan 21, 2019
Hmmm...barely one month....and she moved in. As an introvert.... that's more like she moved herself in.... and now 'demanding ' keys. Really...she is homeless. Did you try to find out why?... no doubt...she will have a story. If she is desperately trying to settle in with you....why wouldn't she nice?...extra nice?...cook, wash and keep house for you?... please you in bed? Do you believe she will remain the same after being settled? If you really believe so you wouldn't be up in here seeking advice. If her stuff is at her room mate.... and she is spending time at you.... doesn't it mean that she is used to sleeping out? Does she work?...if not how do you really think she gets money? Aren't you afraid you may one day return from work to an empty apartment? ..or you give her keys and random men be streaming in and out ? How about her getting pregnant? Shine your eyes.

5 Likes

Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by Lexusgs430: 2:44am On Jan 21, 2019
Whitewolf8:
We've only known each other barely a month, but she acts and behaves like we've known for years, Cooks, cleans, etc acting like we are about getting married when I obviously didn't say anything about commitment to her ....

Now she wants to have a spare to my apartment so she wouldn't have to be calling Me for keys anymore...

Thing is I'm an introvert and I love having my space sometimes, how do I decline her request without making her feel untrusted or rejected?? or do you think I should give her??

Love don dey shack you......... Tell her it's stated on your contract not to give anyone a spare key.......

If you give her that key, you are packed, parked, sealed and delivered.............

2 Likes

Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by Benreu(m): 2:50am On Jan 21, 2019
i dont think it is wise to give her ur spare keys considering the fact u are just geting to know each other. If u must do then u need to be careful and ensure all ur important documents are not in the house.
Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by zed7: 2:52am On Jan 21, 2019
Guys are the cause of these problems, too lazy to clean up after themselves. Then as a bachelor, my house was so clean and put together, nothing for a woman to clean if she comes over. When she offer to cook I tell her not to bother. They never see any dirty laundry to offer to wash..lol.
Never make yourself indebted to a woman so that if she's not what you want you kick her out without any guilty feelings. Now that you have been eating free food and using her as a cleaner, you need peoples advice to tell you what to do. If you had your shiiit put together, you wont even think twice before telling her you ain't giving out your keys.

18 Likes

Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by dingbang(m): 2:57am On Jan 21, 2019
Dont give her the keys. There will be a time when you will revisit this post and thank the lord you listened to nairalanders.
Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by jomoh: 2:57am On Jan 21, 2019
Whitewolf8:
We've only known each other barely a month, but she acts and behaves like we've known for years, Cooks, cleans, etc acting like we are about getting married when I obviously didn't say anything about commitment to her ....

Now she wants to have a spare to my apartment so she wouldn't have to be calling Me for keys anymore...

Thing is I'm an introvert and I love having my space sometimes, how do I decline her request without making her feel untrusted or rejected?? or do you think I should give her??

Tell her your friends do come around sometimes to stay for sometimes.
Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by franksam2009: 3:16am On Jan 21, 2019
This op is just too childish,. A girl like you next thing is complain,. If she's not into you now you will still complain,. If you Don't like a girl Don't start what you can't finish in the first place, once you start a relationship you have to be ready for commitment, u are even lucky she's doing all this for you,. Not Everyman gets this kind special treatment lol

6 Likes

Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by franksam2009: 3:19am On Jan 21, 2019
Juliearth:

That isn't the problem. The ish is that the babe is already feeling too comfortable and seeing herself as a fiancee. Op needs to reset that thinking.
you are beautiful
Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by cococandy(f): 3:23am On Jan 21, 2019
If you don’t want her to have access to your apartment like a wife, don’t expect and accept wifely duties from her. If she offers, tell her No.
You can’t lead her on by acting like her wifely behavior towards you is appropriate and then turn around to deny her the privileges that come with the role she is already playing.

I bet you’re probably already having sex with her. I don’t know what’s more intimate. Sex or apartment keys.

5 Likes

Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by cococandy(f): 3:24am On Jan 21, 2019
Don’t care for the insolent parts of this post but there are many truths in it. OP get your shit together. Don’t accept a wife and refuse to treat her as such

zed7:
Guys are the cause of these problems, too lazy to clean up after themselves. Then as a bachelor, my house was so clean and put together, nothing for a woman to clean if she comes over. When she offer to cook I tell her not to bother. They never see any dirty laundry to offer to wash..lol.
Never make yourself indebted to a woman so that if she's not what you want you kick her out without any guilty feelings. Now that you have been eating free food and using her as a cleaner, you need peoples advice to tell you what to do. If you had your shiiit put together, you wont even think twice before telling her you ain't giving out your keys.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by cococandy(f): 3:31am On Jan 21, 2019
You don’t joke with your space but you joke with your peniis. undecided

One month and you’re already having sex. What did you tell her that got her so relaxed to have sex with you in less than a month. To the point of doing your other chores for you. Some of you guys think you’re smart. You want a wife without the responsibilities and also want the freedom to sleep around. I’ll bet my shoes that’s why you don’t want her having the keys. So she won’t walk in on you with someone else.

Why not be a responsible human being and tell her the truth about how you feel concerning the relationship.
And keep your peniis in your pant if you’re so concerned about not getting serious.

Hypocrite.
Whitewolf8:

I don't Bleep her..we have sex, which is mutual,we both enjoy it. I don't joke with my space at all, else I will lose my mind.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by panmunium(m): 3:31am On Jan 21, 2019
Bro better keep your spare in your pocket, until you are sure of the relationship
Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by jakandeola(m): 3:37am On Jan 21, 2019
cococandy:

One month and you’re already having sex. What did you tell her that got her so relaxed to have sex with you in less than a month. To the point of doing your other chores for you. Some of you guys think you’re smart. You want a wife without the responsibilities and also want the freedom to sleep around. I’ll bet my shoes that’s why you don’t want her having the keys. So she won’t walk in on you with someone else.

Why not be a responsible human being and tell her the truth about how you feel concerning the relationship.
And keep your peniis in your pant if you’re so concerned about not getting serious.

Hypocrite.
coco pls lets talk am begging u
Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by cococandy(f): 3:43am On Jan 21, 2019
Instead of her to allow him? Pray tell is she holding a gun to his head to prevent him from making his intentions clear?

No instead he’s being dubious by making her feel her actions are in line with his goals for the relationship. Can’t even be adult enough to say his mind and goals for the relationship.

Poor him. She’s throwing herself at him and forcing him to get intimate with her
Hotfreezer:

When he says he's not doing again you ladies would say men are scum.

Look at how she's throwing herself at him like okrika cloth.

Instead of her to allow him make his intentions clear, you're setting her up for heartbreak.

Assumption is the very root of heartbreak.

4 Likes

Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by akpota(m): 4:06am On Jan 21, 2019
Whitewolf8:

I don't like the idea of living with her,or her coming to my place anytime she likes.

Why dont you like the idea of living with her?
I read where you wrote she is a nice person and then you dont like the idea of living with her. This also implies you dont like her been around you.
Anyways, I would say study her a bit more. She might just be a good girl with a beautiful heart. Good ladies arent easy to come-by.
On the keys, you can give to her but have a trusted neighbor watch her but not pronounce. This neibours should be like an elderly lady.

1 Like

Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by Odunharry(m): 4:14am On Jan 21, 2019
Fvcknames:
If she thinks you just have like 2 keys, you can give her one then tell her after some weeks that you've lost yours.Kinda risky though
Sharp people will go cut extra. Let him simply say his mind jare.
Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by nextstep(m): 4:21am On Jan 21, 2019
OP, give no woman your spare key unless you are married.
Don't say we didn't warn you.

1 Like

Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by rosieluv(f): 4:33am On Jan 21, 2019
Whitewolf8:

I don't like the idea of living with her,or her coming to my place anytime she likes.
Then you should tell her this. I would say you shouldn't give her your keys because you haven't known her for long. If you don't tell her, she will continue coming around as she likes cause you gave her the chance to do that
Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by damola1: 4:35am On Jan 21, 2019
zed7:

I can’t clean. Cook or wash. But I agree 100% with you.

What I do is to pay someone who handles that.

Washing machine does the washing.

And PAYG do the food and cleaning.

Emotionally indebtedness is not acceptable.

And I don’t know if it’s me. But why can’t you just sit her down and tell her. You are not yet comfortable with it. And time will tell.

Even a woman u are married to.. gonna scam you.. how much more d one you are not yet

4 Likes

Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by larryking540: 4:38am On Jan 21, 2019
Thank God u have a girlfriend but
1. It's to early, and speeding the relationship, trust me u will not like the results soon, it doesn't end well

2. Why is she running away from her own privacy?

3. If eventually u give d spare key trust me, na her cloths go take over ur wardrobe,

Tell her u will come spend time with her at her plce, and bro tell her relationship always pushed in speedy process does not last

Na all this kin thing make me fed up with my ex, ,,

Just find one reasonable excuses from online and give to her, pm me make I give u code /format

4 Likes

Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by twatty: 4:42am On Jan 21, 2019
don't you ever give her your key.
Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by larryking540: 4:43am On Jan 21, 2019
akpota:

Why dont you like the idea of living with her?
I read where you wrote she is a nice person and then you dont like the idea of living with her. This also implies you dont like her been around you.
Anyways, I would say study her a bit more. She might just be a good girl with a beautiful heart. Good ladies arent easy to come-by.
On the keys, you can give to her but have a trusted neighbor watch her but not pronounce. This neibours should be like an elderly lady.

Guys don't like speedy relationship, it get boring and tends to tangle someone up, I don't know about u females but for me becus we just started dating doesn't me u should tie me up with u around, hey I still value my space, ,,and I suspect something, it's either one of the 2 of them first relationship

1 Like

Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by tomdon(m): 4:44am On Jan 21, 2019
Get two suitable guarantors from her before giving her the keys
Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by Fxwarrior: 5:00am On Jan 21, 2019
Whitewolf8:

Do you know her parents and does her parents know you. Do you know where she comes from and have you verified it?

1 Like

Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by blackgold2018(m): 5:01am On Jan 21, 2019
Whitewolf8:

Yea I want to...but I'm looking for a nice way to do it,because so far ,I think she's a nice person .
just a month n u think she's a nice person. It's exactly ur type bitches deceive pretending to b an angel for marriage

1 Like

Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by Fxwarrior: 5:01am On Jan 21, 2019
kenn4rill:
My guy, u are the one dating her so I believe for the few period u have known her u can tell ur self if she's worth giving ur keys to ur apartment or not. And I believe u already know where she lives.

It's possible he doesn't.
Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by Fxwarrior: 5:04am On Jan 21, 2019
Whitewolf8:

squats with a room mate.

That's not the answer expected. Talking of her family. Even if you know her family, doesn't mean she won't abscond but it can reduce the probability.
Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by CityNGR: 5:05am On Jan 21, 2019
Whitewolf8:

You have been warned against cohabitation when younger. And let her quit house chores. She's not your maid!!

1 Like

Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by basty: 5:06am On Jan 21, 2019
Please stop this mission if not, you will regret it. Please do not go to pastors for prayers. Pray to God for directions and conviction but if you have had any sexual act with her, the do it yourself prayer may not work.
Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by lordswill03: 5:07am On Jan 21, 2019
Tell her you people should take things slowly, that it is rather too early to give her your spare keys knowing the magnitude of the responsibility that lies thereof.

There is nothing sentimental about it, just be open to tell her that. She'll understand.
Re: Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? by CityNGR: 5:10am On Jan 21, 2019
cococandy:

Hypocrite.
Sex is no licence for marriage! It's even the man doing you a favor!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Teenager Woos Girl At Gunpoint In Delta / The Most Romantic Statement You Can Tell A Nigerian Babe / Who Is This Arrogant Rat On NAIRALAND Called IamJ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.