Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,897 members, 7,863,081 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:17 AM

4kings's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4kings's Profile / 4kings's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (of 97 pages)

Business / Re: Gurus In The House, Please Help. by 4kings: 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2017
Yoshy:
okay, so I can login but with Nigerian IP or VPN?
Yes.
Business / Re: Gurus In The House, Please Help. by 4kings: 1:53pm On Dec 13, 2017
Yoshy:

I have had PayPal opened using this method blocked by PayPal. Please throw more light maybe I didn't open the account through the proper procedure. I opened the PayPal as a US PayPal.
Na, open the paypal account normally.
Also register for a Payooner account.

Once you register for a Payooner account , you'll eventually get their Mastercard and account number.
This is the number you'll use for payment with paypal.
Programming / Re: Good MATLAB Developer by 4kings: 1:50pm On Dec 13, 2017
Interesting...
Business / Re: Gurus In The House, Please Help. by 4kings: 11:16pm On Dec 12, 2017
Get a Payooner Account and their Mastercard.
Link your Payooner US Bank account number to Paypal.
When you receive payment from Paypal, transfer it to your Payooner account.
Then transfer payment from Payooner to your Nigerian Bank Account.

c'est fini
Phones / Re: NTEL Increases Monthly Plan Massively By 40% (from N12,500 To N17,500).. by 4kings: 10:20pm On Dec 12, 2017
What nonsense is this?
I'm just seeing this when i'm about to recharge, no official information. angry
Na wa oo, Ntel don grow wings. Issoriat.
Business / Re: With 1m Naira Budget, Which Is More Profitable Of These Two? by 4kings: 4:24pm On Dec 12, 2017
Location would have an effect on the Restaurant.
But transportation is flexible in this regards.

So you can take into consideration the location of your restaurant.

1 Like

Programming / Re: Please Review My Price comparison engine by 4kings: 2:14pm On Dec 12, 2017
olamil34:
what products do you think i should add.
Vehicles. From Jiji possibly.
Housing and Real Estate. From tolet.ng and co
Science/Technology / Re: What Is The Name Of This Stone And How Valuable Is It (picture) by 4kings: 10:21am On Dec 12, 2017
Jagermeister:
Very useful and valuable; let me tell you how!

Find a catapult, put the stone in-between its ropes, close one eye and aim at the nearest lizard. Pls post CLEAR pictures for us afterwards along with the cooking pot.

Charley, enter Street and hussle, there are no precious stones in Nigeria.. Have you heard that anyone found any in recent times.. Lol.

That's just a shiny concrete stone; you even found it in your compound, chai! And the people wey build the house no first you see am! Odiegwu.

lwtmb
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Programming / Re: Survey - People Interested In Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning by 4kings: 10:13am On Dec 12, 2017
EbonyMira:

Thanks for the explanation. I am familiar with python, but I currently work with Javascript - nodejs. I hope we would be able to work together.
Okey-dokey.
We all would work together, that's the vision of SoftEng.
Science/Technology / Re: Why Does The Earth Remain in a Fixed Orbit? by 4kings: 3:16am On Dec 12, 2017
Emusan:

I've never said anything about these, so just limit my points where we are for now.
Okay

The only way GRAVITY could have operate in various ways is if gravity itself is conscious and intelligent.

Just read about how they depict gravitational force in universe and how gravity actually works.
I don't fully understand how gravity works and I have not encountered any scientist that does yet.
So I'm open to ideas and willing to learn. smiley

This is where you should know the lies behind GRAVITY.

Firstly, Planets doesn't rotate at the same speed then why didn't they fall off their orbit?
Not sure i understand you here.
But why should a non stationery object fall?

Secondly, if we should follow your point about asteroids speed being defer. Then there should be a great chaos in our solar system since planets don't rotate at the same speed.
There was chaos initially.
There are chaoses currently.
And the reason is/was direction.
Again, I'm not sure if I fully get what you were trying to say.

Lastly, planets are not the same distance to the Sun.
Venue which is the second to the Sun is smaller than earth even rotate with lower speed than earth, yet the massive gravity of the sun couldn't pull it but the same Sun gravity can hold the biggest planet 'Jupiter' and all its moons in it's orbit. shocked shocked
The sun's gravity from the way i understand it is always pulling planets, but like i posted before, the planets escapes this pull because of the speed at which there are moving.

How can gravity put all planets both big and small including their moons in their orbits BUT THIS SAME GRAVITY couldn't put asteroids in orbit?
"put asteriods in orbit"?
What do you mean?
Are asteriods not in orbit?

If you think small asteroids could defile the almighty gravity
to crash into planets but the biggest planet still obeys gravity, then something is wrong somewhere.
How do you understand asteriods crashing into planets?

It seems gravity is an intelligent being.
Hmmm.

If Sun's gravity could hold the farthest planet in it's orbit, are you saying this same gravity doesn't travel across the path of our Moon?
Simply because the Moon isn't moving fast enough to escape Earth's pull. *Escape Velocity*
Programming / Re: Survey - People Interested In Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning by 4kings: 10:55pm On Dec 11, 2017
EbonyMira:

I dont fully understand it as a whole, but I know that it has to do with plotting points on a graph. you also plot an unknown point (k) and find its nearest neighbours(usually odd : 3,5 for small data sets). The maximum neighbours matching k is the solution.

E.g. If there are 4 bags in a basket. 3 are branded gucci, versace, and D n G. The fourth is left unclassified. Our problem is to place a brand on the fourth bag.

We first look at the features of each bag - shape, size, leather, color, quality, firmness, tailoring seam. We use this data to plot a graph on an x, y coordinate system (We over simplify the problem set). Then, we get the features of the fourth bag and plot it on the same graph. We assume a number K and draw a line from 4th plot to k. The nearest neighbours along this line tells us which brand bag four belong to. Ideally, the number of bags will be more than four for this to work. I take corrections, please educate!
Ya, you very close. wink
Take a look at the quick image i made below.

Assume, the blue, green and yellow are features for Gucci, Versace and D&G respectively.
And the grey point is the test data we need to classify.

Then as you can see from the second image above, the nearest neighbor in the dataset is green(Versace). And K=1 because we are assuming the first nearest neighbor is our classifier.

But when K=3, the data would be classified as yellow(D&G) since it has the highest nearest neighbor.

Finding Nearest Neighbor:
To find closest neighbor or closest distance we can use different distance metrics.
There are many distance metrics such as Cosine Similarity, Euclidean Distance, Mahattan Distance, Minkowski distance and so on.
Finding the right distance metrics to use is an issue on its own so i won't touch that now.

This is the mathematical formula for cosine similarity:

The python implementation is:

import numpy as np
def cosine_similarity(x, y):
dot_product = np.dot(x, y)
norm_x = np.linalg.norm(x)
norm_y = np.linalg.norm(y)
return dot_product / (norm_x * norm_y)

I'm not sure what programming language you use, but if you use Matlab or Octave then the above should also make sense to you.

Normalization is same as np.sqrt(np.sum(x**2)) or math.sqrt(sum(x**2))
x and y are your feature vectors.

For Euclidean Distance:
This is the formula:

Very simple and is the most used(at least from what I've observed so far).
The python implementation should be:
import numpy as np
def euclidean_distance(x,y):
return np.sqrt(np.sum((x-y)**2))

So the steps to write a K-Nearest Neighbor code from scratch are:
1) Get you data-sets X and y. (training features and test data)
2) Choose K. (Number of nearest neighbor to identify)
3) Using the test data write a function that calculates closest distance based on any distance metrics you choose and choose the group it belongs.
----That is get first distance value and also get whether it belongs to yellow, blue or green and continue.
----This depends on how your datasets is arranged, either in a dictionary or sublists or whatever.

4) Sort your result from lowest to highest distance.
5) then slice your result based on K.
----For instance is K =3, and your result is a list variabe. Code will be --> result[:K]

6) Then get the highest number of groups in the new variable.

7) And voila there you go.

I think with these you can implement the code yourself. wink

Parameter Optimization:
- The best value for K is usually determined by cross-validation. That is testing each value for K to get the optimal result.(this is computationally expensive but helpful though)
--- Generally the most used method is k = n^(1/2)

Distance metrics: well this is where statistical skill really come to play.

I didn't want to just write the complete code, but if you don't get the explanation i made while implementing your code you can quote me.

This lecture from MIT should also give you a better explanation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg8DJYwdMyg&t=404s
Programming / Re: Survey - People Interested In Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning by 4kings: 11:50am On Dec 11, 2017
SoftEng:

Well, let's see how it goes.
Additionally, different projects can be proposed by different persons (and these projects can be worked on by groups of persons in the community). Therefore, with such system, I hope everyone will have a part to play.

Anybody can put up an idea for a project on the group, with the hope that discussions are organically grown around the project and then these discussions may lead to actual implementation via collaboration by interested members of the group. From this perspective, it means that it's possible for the group to have different projects at an instance in time.
INTERESTING!!!
Religion / Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by 4kings: 11:47am On Dec 11, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

HONESTLY THIS IS A TERRIBLE ERROR.
Ooops.
CAPSLOCKED:

I DON'T THINK I WAS BORN ON THIS DAY, OR ANYDAY. THIS IS A MIX-UP.
What sort of absurd statement be this one.
You don't think you were born on "anyday"?
Na wa ooo.

Stop taking that white substance. wink
After giving you cake, abeg return my money jare. angry

CAPSLOCKED:

DO YOU HAVE ANY BIBLE VERSES TO BACKUP THIS STATEMENT? undecided
Three wise men and Jesus. tongue
Science/Technology / Re: Do We Really Have Genuine Scientists In Nigeria? by 4kings: 11:42am On Dec 11, 2017
LordeCalifornia:

But we do not see the results of these Experiments, they do not come up with laws and postulations after carrying out these experiments. do they? they do not modify our textbooks with their new discoveries.

Well, CU may be doing well when it comes to research, but majority of Nigerian institutions do little or nothing.
I think if we have more organistions willing to offer funding for research things would be much better.
Science/Technology / Re: Why Does The Earth Remain in a Fixed Orbit? by 4kings: 11:39am On Dec 11, 2017
LordeCalifornia:

hmm. I have my reservations though.

talking about a body continuing in uniform motion and conservation of momentum, but lovetins believes the earth is slowing down and would eventually come to a halt,
do you see this to be true?
do you see next year to becoming longer than this year by some minutes? (I highly doubt this though, because if it were, we would have been adjusting our wall clocks every year.)
Ya, caused by tidal forces of the moon on earth.
There is no external torque on the sun, therefore it's angular momentum is always supposed to be conserved.

However, earth's orbit does not have a starting point, it's elliptical not circular, so there is slight change in the magnitude of velocity.

Lol, @Emusan .
I'm sure you one of them guys that argue on YouTube comments.
Do you also think space is a hoax, earth is flat and so on.
I need some education, to get properly your point of view, i think have been blindfolded by too much Neil Degrasse Tyson. tongue
But your asteriods issue has to do with speed which depends on their distance from the sun.
Planets rotating clockwise has to do with early impact of asteroids.
As for your last post, take into consideration the distance of the sun and moon and earth and moon.
Religion / Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by 4kings: 7:03pm On Dec 10, 2017
Happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy Birthday to CAPSLOCKED smiley
Anything for us?
Cc: Hahn Johnnydon22 KingEbukasBlog Cloudgoddess Weah96 dalaman Hopefullandlord CltrAltDelicious JackBizzle raphieMontella 1Sharon Uyilredia Adepeter2027 et al

3 Likes 1 Share

Religion / Re: Catholic Church No Longer Swear By Truth Of The Bible by 4kings: 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU GUYS NEED TO SEE THIS! grin

plaetton, johnnydon22, menesheh, unclesnr, hopefullandlord, adepeter2027, dalaman, kevoh, akintom, sonofluc1fer, 4kings, Niflheim, otemsapien, Lennycool, joseph1013, benzics, jonbellion, mrmrmister, capslocked , ichommy, seun, frank317, thedauramalam, hahn
Sign of the prophecies in the Bible. tongue tongue
Programming / Re: Survey - People Interested In Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning by 4kings: 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2017
EbonyMira:
I am very much interested. I'll love to know how to write my very own KNN library from scratch. I hope someone can be able to put us through the supervised/unsupervised learning path.
That's interesting...
I sure can help, but let me wait for da boss to log in.

Do you understand the concept behind KNN first of all?
Science/Technology / Re: Do We Really Have Genuine Scientists In Nigeria? by 4kings: 6:38pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ya, in comparison with the world we're not inclined to Science as much.
But there are few exaggerations with your posts though.

1)There are Nigerians that do engage in Scientific research. I've worked alongside some postgraduates students in the Bioinformatics department of Covenant University, and i can say there are "real life research" going on.
- One is currently working with Bayesian model for comparison of genes expression(connections with proteins production) in a plasmodium falciparum network and humans.
- I helped someone as regards programming aspect, for his project also involving plasmodium falciparum network but accessing metabolic reaction pathway system to identify genes to knockout.(Trust me i didn't understand most of the theoretical part of the project. grin)
- Covenant University is actually one of the centers for Bioinformatics research training in Africa recognized by H3ABioNet(an African Bioinformatics consortium).
- I'm sure there are other Nigerian Universities actively in some research works.

2)What's wrong with knowing space from others observations? tongue
- Nigeria actually has a satellite orbiting space that's an achievement tongue and a space research agency(NASRDA), though i'm not sure if they are effective.

So there are few Africans trying to well advance science in their own bit.
The problem so far is there aren't many organistions to donate fundings for research in Nigeria. A professor from CU is currently recieving funding from an organistaion in Germany for his research, that's rare in Nigeria.
Though Oyedepo donated N1billon for research in CU and Nigeria by extension, but i neva see any real thing to boast about or how many scientists and professors have taken part of the funding to take on very serious research.
Science/Technology / Re: Why Does The Earth Remain in a Fixed Orbit? by 4kings: 6:27pm On Dec 10, 2017
LordeCalifornia:

but remember that in the ball and string analogy, the string does not really pull the ball to its Centre, it only restricts the ball from flying away, so we can't really say the string represents gravity, because gravity as we all know attracts bodies to its Centre.

so I think, while the earth is moving round it's orbit, it should at the same time be drawing closer to the sun. and eventually get burnt by the sun. no joke grin
"A body continues in a state of rest or of uniform rotation unless acted by an external force." - Newton's first law of motion.
Thus this conserves the initial angular momentum.
Science/Technology / Re: Why Does The Earth Remain in a Fixed Orbit? by 4kings: 5:21pm On Dec 10, 2017
LordeCalifornia:

your last paragraph has said it all.
if the earth's gravitational force attracts bodies to its surface, then the sun's gravitational force should equally attract bodies(the planets ) to its surface and not leave them hanging in orbits.
uhm, Loventinz illustrated this with his ball and string example.

Yes gravity pulls the earth to the sun, but the earth is in motion and not stationery therefore it's acceleration changes it's direction.

Cc: Emusan
Programming / Re: Survey - People Interested In Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning by 4kings: 7:01am On Dec 10, 2017
*coughs*
The day has come. smiley

1 Like

Romance / Re: My Review Of Bet's New Edition Biopic - The New Edition Story (2017) by 4kings: 11:48pm On Dec 09, 2017
Damn AnonyNymous it was EPIC.
Wow.

Really hurts that i didn't know much about them before now. sad
Thanks for the movie recommendation.
Gaming / Re: Create A Classic Snake Game Using HTML5 And Jquery by 4kings: 10:56pm On Dec 08, 2017
Impressive. smiley
Crime / Re: Cctv Spy Recording Pen by 4kings: 10:54pm On Dec 08, 2017
Cool.
Crime / Re: In Nigeria :7 Things That Can Get You Into Trouble With The Police by 4kings: 10:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
Don't you think your theories are way extreme. undecided
Business / Re: Business by 4kings: 10:32pm On Dec 08, 2017
blazepink:

thanks
You're welcome.
Romance / Re: My Review Of Bet's New Edition Biopic - The New Edition Story (2017) by 4kings: 10:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
AnonyNymous:

I'm glad you liked it!! I couldn't stop myself from checking the original songs out again whenever they performed them in the movie. And yeah, it really showed how much of an asshole Bobby Brown was grin grin grin he gets even worse in the second part lol
I've seen part 2.
Hmm, the movie was very blunt, i had to search about it's accuracy.
It's kinda fascinating seeing that other side of Bobby Brown.

But i be small boy sha, i no know all these stories b4. embarassed
Romance / Re: My Review Of Bet's New Edition Biopic - The New Edition Story (2017) by 4kings: 11:34pm On Dec 07, 2017
@AnonyNymous Wow, part 1 was interesting.
Didn't know about the group(apart from Brown) before now. sad
Romance / Re: My Review Of Bet's New Edition Biopic - The New Edition Story (2017) by 4kings: 10:04pm On Dec 07, 2017
@AnonyNymous I just started watching part 1.
Bobby Brown's pride though.

Make i continue jare.
Religion / Re: Would We Survive? by 4kings: 7:20pm On Dec 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Atheists and other irreligious people would come together and form a civilisation much more interesting than the celestial North Korea called "Christian Heaven" and Teenage Male Virgin Wet Dream called "Muslim Heaven"
@bolded WTF.
grin grin grin
Religion / Re: Would We Survive? by 4kings: 7:19pm On Dec 07, 2017
0temSapien:

Don't say OtemAtum's God, rather, say the God Almighty who created Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Olorun, Mazda. In short, just say God the highest consciousness or God the summation of consciousness.
True talk, atheists belong to the group of souls of atheists and there are many such groups with befitting afterlives.
Okey-dokey.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (of 97 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.