Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,270 members, 7,849,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:17 PM

4watever's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4watever's Profile / 4watever's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (of 5 pages)

Politics / Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by 4watever: 12:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
akinz4:
You are very senseless for saying Ijab wearing is a borrowed culture! I pitied you. How could you say that. It is Allah (S.W.T) Injunction in our Noble Quaran for the Muslim women to do that. Not your imagination from Asian country because of sound. Maybe because your religion has no guild as ours! Islam is a Way of Life. Be warned! You people will cos problem with what you are just trying to do.
ENEMY OF ISLAM -

Oh yes, it's a borrowed culture.
This is another example of the copy cat lifestyle your so called prophet lived.
Unfortunately, you people have refused to use your brain and emancipate yourselves

Your quoran was written approx 630 years after the birth of Christ.

But desert dwellers have been wearing it for thousands of years.

A little research would help you.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle by 4watever: 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
hertheytheydgee:
Key words
*forcefully *stop *harass
Being a Muslim is not a sin
Yes it is
Living a copycat life is a sin.
Religion / Re: Hundreds Of Muslim Workers Fired After Dispute Over Prayers by 4watever: 12:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
It doesn't make sense.
If the company allows every one to go pray and production drops, they will lose competitive edge and eventually fall out of business.
Some people are blind.
Religion / Hundreds Of Muslim Workers Fired After Dispute Over Prayers by 4watever: 12:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
FORT MORGAN, Colo. -- Nearly 200 Muslim workers have been fired from a Cargill meatpacking plant in Colorado, for walking out after a dispute over prayer breaks.
Praying five times a day is a must for many Muslims.
But Tony Aden says missing even one of those prayers over a break time dispute caused him and many others to walk away from their jobs.
"It don't matter if I don't have a job, my religion is more important," Aden told CBS News.
Cargill spokesperson Michael Martin says prayer is allowed. But he says a misunderstanding of company policy came on December 18th, when 11 workers asked for a break to pray at the same time.
"Coming from that specific work area would have disrupted the workflow so the supervisor told the employees that they could go pray, but they would have to go in smaller numbers than 11," Martin told CBS News. "It would have to be three at a time."
The following Monday, nearly 200 employees from the Muslim community didn't show up to work for three consecutive days. The company fired them all.
"There are times when accommodation is not possible," Martin said. "But in an overwhelming majority of instances, we do everything we can to ensure sure that we do accommodate employees."
Jaylani Hussein represents 150 workers who are now without a job.
"Now we are getting supervisors who are telling our clients to go home if they wanted to pray," Hussein said. "If they are denied their basic rights to practice their faith reasonably at their employment, they seem to be losing one of the basic fundamental rights."
Cargill is now hiring to fill the shoes of those who walked out.
Areas have been set up at Cargill since 2009 to accommodate anyone who requested time to pray.
The Council on American Islamic Relations is currently working reach an agreement with Cargill so that those fired workers can return.

© 2016 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights

www.cbsnews.com/news/hundreds-of-muslim-workers-fired-after-dispute-over-prayers/?ftag=YHF4eb9d17
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 4watever: 10:59pm On Jan 01, 2016
tola73:
I did my own medicals since July no PPR yet, so be patient 2016 will be our year. Be rest assure that you will receive visa before medical expire

Wow.
When is the expiry date?
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 4watever: 3:39pm On Jan 01, 2016
Happy new year folks

I am a 2014 Fsw applicant. I underwent and submitted my medical tests since Oct 17th this year but I have not gotten a feedback since.

I leant they normally request for passports two months after the submission of the medical results but has the procedure changed ?
Politics / Re: Portraits Of Nigeria's Presidents From Independence (1960-2013) Till Date. by 4watever: 10:09pm On Jun 06, 2013
Umar Yaradua and family

1 Like

Politics / Re: Portraits Of Nigeria's Presidents From Independence (1960-2013) Till Date. by 4watever: 10:07pm On Jun 06, 2013
Politics / Re: Wole Soyinka's Interview About Chinua Achebe by 4watever: 11:14am On May 20, 2013
shymexx: Osisi

Michael Jackson is the King of Pop because he created that genre of music. And he's the highest selling artist of all time. Before MJ, there was nothing like pop(popular) music and as long as he remains the highest selling artist ever, he'll forever remain the King of Pop.

Elvis isn't the father of anything; perhaps the father of white people's version of rock n' roll. If anyone deserves to be the top-of-the-pops in rock n' roll - then it should be James Brown.

These folks need to stop throwing titles around.

Wrong here. MJ did not even invent the moonwalk. Pop songs were common in the 1920s. The term pop music actually originated in Britain
Politics / Re: Wole Soyinka's Interview About Chinua Achebe by 4watever: 10:41am On May 20, 2013
gbadexy: Facts is there is rivalry between WS and achebe.
They aren't as close as he professes from his use of perhaps if achebe would come to his abeokuta den when he hosted gowon and co to the statement he credited to achebe saying WS isn't the asiwaju of literature just because he won nobel laureate in response to an unrelated political issue.
The man made good points and while I agree achebe is clannish, he may deserve the title of father of african literature. While it may seemingly appear that achebe is superior to WS, he too should take consolation as being the first black to be awarded the nobel laureate. They are both good in their genre so different title should be given to each to appease their ego just like the CAF footballer of the year and BBC equivalent to okocha or the ooni of ife and alaafin of your case.
We don't have to tribalise this and include it with the ojukwu/awolowo argument.

Very sensible post
Politics / Re: Wole Soyinka's Interview About Chinua Achebe by 4watever: 8:22pm On May 19, 2013
shymexx: Damn son!! I had to read this interview again. Who's better than this man in the use of English? This Ijebu Nigerian invented the English language!! grin I bet William Shakespeare would marvel at his use of diction, multi-syllable words, verbs, adverbs, the captivating structure of his sentences - and how he succinctly and intellectually answered all the questions, he was asked.

I'm not the type to go nuts about the use of English; but this man is the supreme grammarian!! grin

Respect!

Jah bless!!

You are not doing too badly yourself. grin
Food / Re: Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania by 4watever: 10:48am On May 16, 2013
I dey laff ooo.
Politics / Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by 4watever: 5:02pm On May 15, 2013
Who says SOEs don't work ?
Politics / Re: North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed by 4watever: 1:03pm On May 09, 2013
Me_Aboki:

No way, it still gonna be One Nigeria for now, until all that too finishes then everyone can go their separate ways.
BTW, consider it as a Northern humanitarian gesture; because if we allow these greedy ppl go, with all that oil money, they'll only end up killing themselves fighting over ownership/resource control right down to village level; so how else do you think the North should protect Southerners against their own greed if not through One Nigeria. cool cool cheesy grin

grin grin
Religion / Re: Introduction To Witchcraft | 'Witchcraft For Dummies' by 4watever: 3:33pm On May 08, 2013
Nice thread
Entertainment / Re: Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? by 4watever: 12:23am On May 05, 2013
Dempsey and Makepeace
Business / Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by 4watever: 3:28pm On Apr 30, 2013
Hello people.
I just lost 90% of one of my accounts about ten minutes ago. It was my fault though , I got into an unfamiliar pair USDJPY. I am more of a EURUSD person. I just feel like sharing this with someone. But I do know that forex is real. I can maintain a $50 daily profit on the EURUSD pair for one year without breaking sweat. Easy.
Advice : do not go into unfamilar territory. And do not attempt to make 100% returns in one month.
Hard lessons.

Peace.

1 Like

Programming / Re: Web Application Development Contest: Jajad Wins by 4watever: 6:26pm On Apr 16, 2013
Impressive.
Family / Re: I'm catholic but my husband-to-be is Redeemed by 4watever: 10:19am On Jan 31, 2010
h
Food / Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by 4watever: 9:36am On Apr 26, 2009
Eba. but it wasnt my mum who forced me. it was my dad

digusting stuff
Romance / Re: If U Are In My Position What Would U Do? by 4watever: 1:36pm On Apr 25, 2009
Hi hotstepper
Webmasters / Re: Dynamic Web Design Tutorials Ft Javascript,Ajax,DOM,PHP,MySQL... by 4watever: 1:28am On Mar 31, 2009
sorry to butt in but just wanted to letýa know that the ebook at mwebng.net is currently undownloadable
Webmasters / Re: Guideline/Roadmap For New Web Designers (Contains Detailed Description) by 4watever: 1:18am On Mar 31, 2009
hello Bros

still unable to download the ebook at your site
Web Market / Re: How To Build Your First Website And Upload It Online In Less Than 1 Week! by 4watever: 9:52am On Mar 29, 2009
Hi Mr. dhtml

i just downloaded the e-book successfully, however i couldnt access as it failed to open

error message : web page could be out of date

please investigate
Business / Re: How To State The Nature Of A Business That Can Cover All Sector Of Our Economy by 4watever: 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2008
talk to a lawyer

rgds
Career / Re: Bankers' Forum by 4watever: 11:17pm On Apr 15, 2008
hey guys, does anyone have the inside gist on the proposed merger btw ecobank & sterliing. which bank do you think is bigger/more dependable. and

what name is appropriate for the new bank.

guys what are your take on this
TV/Movies / About Scriptwriting by 4watever: 7:42pm On Mar 24, 2008
hello my people.

please can someone drop some hints on how to become a scriptwriter.

i mean how to turn a story into scripts
Forum Games / Re: Yes Or No by 4watever: 8:29am On Mar 15, 2008
sometimes

do you always admit your mistakes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (of 5 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.