Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,005 members, 7,821,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? (34646 Views)

Do I Lie about The Condition Of Where I Stay to this girl / MEN!! Don't Let Society Lie To You!! This Kind Of Women DO NOT EXIST!! / The Best Way To Get A Woman To Bed Is To Lie To Her, Facebook User Explains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 09, 2019
pedrilo:
that's it. U dnt know how into talk n i pity u

I pity you more.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 09, 2019
holysaint1:

am still waiting for the first person to ask for facebook name oo....
This one u people are shying up and down....
cheesy
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 09, 2019
ogtavia:

Sent you a PM...kindly respond.
Ok
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by omobamatrix: 12:03pm On Mar 09, 2019
If you are a man, will you marry a ss? It is fate that you may need to draw closer to already married man. Could be easier to be a wife2. My one cent!

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 09, 2019
omobamatrix:
If you are a man, will you marry a ss? It is fate that you may need to draw closer to already married man. Could be easier to be a wife2. My one cent!

If I love her enough and I'm compatible why not?
As for your advice, I will do no such thing! Get it?

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Cityguy: 12:18pm On Mar 09, 2019
Chi59:
I haven't been fortunate with guys.
My first attempt at a relationship failed woefully.
And so did the second, third and fourth.
It isnt entirely without a reason though.
I'm SS. I have been a Sickle cell advocate for many years. I don't shy away from talking about it on any level.

Apart from that fact, I'm beautiful, smart, funny, very lovely, outgoing (even as an ambivert). I poses a healthy level of empathy, self esteem and confidence.

Physically I'm tall, slim, moderately endowed. I have been told that I look healthier than some "healthy" people.
So I don't know, what am I lacking?
All the guys I've been in love with, for one flimsy reason or the other just disappear for no reason. Just like that.

Of course, I don't hide my genotype status, but then they seem cool with it. Months later, he disappears and leaves me heartbroken.

Now I find myself liking someone again (the fifth guy). We haven't gotten that close but I'm scared. Should I lie to him? What do I tell him?
Truth would always catch up with lies. It's better if you are genuinely loved with all imperfections. Stay true to yourself and wait for love.

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nimmadiji(f): 1:14pm On Mar 09, 2019
Chi59:

What's with the "lol?"
Did you read my post? Did you really read my post?
Did I mention that I lied to someone?

Simmer down no one is fighting you.

You're contradicting yourself, you titled this thread "should I lie to him" meaning you're considering it.

I simply asked whether you would be okay if he failed to tell you his situation if you were in his shoes. Take this example: you marry a man, you later find out he may not be able to impregnate you. How would you handle that?

And the lool was for the unnecessary self promotion. I wasn't making fun of your situation. I'm sorry.

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Zombicmodz: 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2019
Chi59:
I'm SS. I have been a Sickle cell advocate for many years. I don't shy away from talking about it on any level.

Apart from that fact, I'm beautiful, smart, funny, very lovely, outgoing (even as an ambivert). I poses a healthy level of empathy, self esteem and confidence.

Physically I'm tall, slim, moderately endowed. I have been told that I look healthier than some "healthy" people.
All the guys I've been in love with, for one flimsy reason or the other just disappear for no reason. Just like that.

Of course, I don't hide my genotype status, but then they seem cool with it. Months later, he disappears and leaves me heartbroken.

Now I find myself liking someone again (the fifth guy). We haven't gotten that close but I'm scared. Should I lie to him? What do I tell him?

You can't hide something like that for very long.
Don't you have tell tale signs of the ailment ?
they can show up from time to time without notice. Isn't it ?
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 09, 2019
Zombicmodz:

You can't hide something like that for very long. Don't you have tell tale signs of the ailment ? they can show up from time to time without notice. Isn't it ?
You have a point

3 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by fam24(f): 6:29pm On Mar 10, 2019
OAUTemitayo:
I tell you. Imagine saying my family cannot visit and sleep at my place if we marry. It was a red flag.. And I really love her, but one need to use his sense

Interesting
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by kenny160: 9:16am On Mar 12, 2019
the question is somehow big to answer ooo. but u must tell him becoz if he find out later he will leave you pls let him know don't let men turn you to sex machine before u go deeply tell him or make sure the man is AA so u will not start nursing SS child again.....i once SS brother...it is well with you.....you are blessed
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by abidex0z(m): 11:05am On Mar 12, 2019
Chi59:

Funny enough they're the most afraid.
I've seen braver AS guys.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Atlanticfire: 3:17pm On Mar 12, 2019
omojesu202:

AA n SS can still produce SS, just that it's 1 inside 4. in such, case if the person has two n they're safe, then you hang boot

AA and SS will only produce AS.
They Can not produce SS.

2 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Atlanticfire: 3:19pm On Mar 12, 2019
I am AA but can not marry SS unless she is spectacularly lovely
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Tolupage(m): 12:29pm On Mar 13, 2019
Chi59:

hi

Hello from this side. How are you today
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Tolupage(m): 12:30pm On Mar 13, 2019
kenny160:
.i once SS brother...it is well with you.....you are blessed

Once? What happened to him
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 13, 2019
Tolupage:

Hello from this side. How are you today
I'm fine. You?
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Tolupage(m): 1:13pm On Mar 13, 2019
Chi59:

I'm fine. You?

Doing good! Quite a boring day though.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Boxer007(m): 2:01pm On Mar 13, 2019
Chi59:

All females are lie and Cheater. That's why all men want to be gay and gerrrrraway from u things. Preach
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 13, 2019
Tolupage:

Doing good! Quite a boring day though.
Didn't go out today?
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 13, 2019
Boxer007:

All females are lie and Cheater. That's why all men want to be gay and gerrrrraway from u things. Preach

Who is this joker?

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 13, 2019
Chi59:

You do know that you can't bury the truth for long, right?

And since you already know this, what then is the essence of your question Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him?

Is this your style of creating awareness about SICKLE CELL?!
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Boxer007(m): 8:13pm On Mar 13, 2019
Chi59:

Who is this joker?

Back of or I will take your man. All females are cheater lie gold digger and thief. This is why guys prefer gay men. Preach
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Jostico: 12:05am On Mar 16, 2019
Chi59:

Be strong and that genotype would mean nothing at the end. God's in control

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 6:03am On Mar 16, 2019
Oh you need a man like me AA
Let's roll joor and forget about those guys.
Kindly check ma signature ok
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by kenny160: 2:15pm On Mar 20, 2019
Tolupage:

died at the age 28 in 2006
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by OkoAnike(m): 9:11am On Apr 19, 2019
fam24:

Interesting

How do I describe how I miss not hearing from you when I needed it most, how do tell you the pains I have without your response when I wanted it more... I 've grown to love your personality more and more each day, reading through your post, I'm not blaming you for not responding, because I see you fighting the battle you did not create "SURVIVAL BATTLE ", but my pain lies on your last post and when I check the time and hour you send that post, it's sounds even more dreadful, please say something to a friend... He is missing your personality.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by kals4luv990(m): 10:09am On Sep 17, 2019
Chi59:

Are you saying that I give up on relationships?
Should I confine my self to a lifetime of loneliness simply because I have a genetic disorder?

Of course, I might stay single for a few more years but then I would love to find love and settle down someday.
swthrt mind yu,yu dnt hv a genetic disorder but a rare and special gene..any dude dat walks out on yu aint real or urs..wen real love hits yu eeh,it will hit harder dan hurricaneCHI59#enjoy ur life to d fullest girl#

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 17, 2019
You need more than a man with just AA to stay together. Honesty is the best policy any day any time. A lot of people are ready to pay money for a falsified blood screening so they can have a paper to back up their lies. If the man you lie to is AS, what do you say? You're AA? Think about the children of this union and you can see it's a dead end. Tell the truth in this issue irrespective of what it will cost.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 17, 2019
Don't even think of lying, because your partner won't forgive you when he finds out.

It happened to my mum. My dad was SS and my mum didn't know, luckily for us she is AA.

Although my mum didn't leave when she found out, they were always quarrelling because of it.

I think she didn't leave because, they already had the three of us.

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by kenny160: 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2019
Tolupage:

died in 2006 at age of 28

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is Sex With Your Cousin A Religious Sin Or A Societal Taboo? / My Brother's Pre Wedding Photos / Lady Shares How A Guy Turned Down A Female Cashier At A Mart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.