Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,615 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? (34632 Views)

Do I Lie about The Condition Of Where I Stay to this girl / MEN!! Don't Let Society Lie To You!! This Kind Of Women DO NOT EXIST!! / The Best Way To Get A Woman To Bed Is To Lie To Her, Facebook User Explains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 08, 2019
rex444:
nah not really, at the twenties I think they have strong crisis which if they beat it, next is 40's

Not so. Whether at 12,28 or 32, sickle cell crisis is inevitable. One can only try to reduce the rate at which it occurs.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 08, 2019
GadgetHunter:
real recognize real sir. No games !!!
Goodluck, not Jonathan
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 08, 2019
pussyAvenger:
l notice that your type are usually highly academically sound . lz it a sort of conspiracy or what?

Nature has a way of compensating people, I guess.

5 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by rex444(m): 8:24pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

Not so. Whether at 12,28 or 32, sickle cell crisis is inevitable. One can only try to reduce the rate at which it occurs.
exactly...
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 08, 2019
kenedy175:

Like someone said, there's definitely someone for everyone. You shouldn't lie to any guy about your condition. You should always come out straight. Love will find you .

Many people are looking at this from 1 perspective. "Marry an AA guy and you'll never bother about having kids with SS.." thats true. But do they know what a pregnant SS woman faces during delivery?? They are not even advised to give birth more than twice. The risk of crises is just too high.

My dear friend, love will find you. Just pray and plan your life well don't lie to any guy about your condition. You should always come out straight. Love will find you .
Solid point you got.
Thanks
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by OAUTemitayo: 8:30pm On Mar 08, 2019
tosyne2much:
That's a sign of a looming danger.. It doesn't make sense if you have a peaceful family and then a woman tears you apart.. You see how women turned Psquare against each other
Fact
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by annford: 9:20pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

It's OK. I sent you another mail. Same account.

yes I've seen and have replied it. I've done the needful. thank you.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by vladhillz(m): 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

The truth has robbed me of 4 good guys. How many more will I lose to the truth?
thought you were smarter than this.what makes you think those 4guys were good..they were good and yet,dey acted like yur truth wasn't a big deal,but later chose d coward pitiful lifestyle and still left..re-evaluate your definition of good..they weren't good..get your shit together and live right

3 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by TemmyT002(m): 9:30pm On Mar 08, 2019
Keep telling the truth to every interested guy until one doesn't care but love you anyway.

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 08, 2019
teacherbim:

Babies are coming soon

Amen.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by kally90(f): 9:36pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

You need a brain check
I don't judge but guy you wicked small
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 08, 2019
annford:

yes I've seen and have replied it. I've done the needful. thank you.
Sent it?
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2019
kally90:
I don't judge but guy you wicked small

How would you feel if he says that to you?
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Retrography(m): 10:23pm On Mar 08, 2019
Please if guys with AA refuse to marry ladies with SS, who then will them. I come on wondering because some guys treat ladies with SS as if they have full blown aids!
I feel it is very wrong to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by nwanyiugbo122(f): 10:32pm On Mar 08, 2019
Ihateyoumod:
OP, I have one basic question to ask u. I believe I am speaking d mind of alot of people. Did these 5 ex boyfriends have their way before quitting?
she had already explained that her "holy" of "holies" is still intact.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by ogtavia(m): 10:35pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

Sent you a PM...kindly respond.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by nwanyiugbo122(f): 10:36pm On Mar 08, 2019
you soon find true love my dear and this time,he will stay for good. just be good.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by springtech(m): 11:09pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:
I haven't been fortunate with guys.
My first attempt at a relationship failed woefully.
And so did the second, third and fourth.
It isnt entirely without a reason though.
I'm SS. I have been a Sickle cell advocate for many years. I don't shy away from talking about it on any level.

Apart from that fact, I'm beautiful, smart, funny, very lovely, outgoing (even as an ambivert). I poses a healthy level of empathy, self esteem and confidence.

Physically I'm tall, slim, moderately endowed. I have been told that I look healthier than
some "healthy" people.
So I don't know, what am I lacking?
All the guys I've been in love with, for one flimsy reason or the other just disappear for no reason. Just like that.

Of course, I don't hide my genotype status, but then they seem cool with it.

Months later, he disappears and leaves me heartbroken.

Now I find myself liking someone again (the fifth guy). We haven't gotten that close but I'm scared. Should I lie to him? What do I tell him?

I am not too sure but I think I came across an article on bone marrow transplant as a solution to sickle cell.

Why not research on that and explore that option as a solution to that condition.
Whoever genuinely loves you and dates you can even be of great help as you seek medical help along this path.

Honestly it takes great courage for a guy to go along with a lady with this condition.

Wish you best of luck dearie.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Fm4reality: 11:14pm On Mar 08, 2019
[color=#770077][/color] lying to him won't solve anything. In fact it's going to make things worst in the long run especially when he is deep into you and he gets to find out about your status. He will definitely accuse you of playing on his intelligence.

The fact is you're born with it, and there is nothing u can do about that except if God steps in. You've be sensitive to guys that ask you out and be observant.
Make sure status known to him, if he's yours then the two of you will fight the battle together. And what if he's AA? you might get lucky and have kids without sickle cell.

Be prayerful and have faith. God can still work on it.
Don't feel depressed, victory will be yours
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Slynation(m): 11:18pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

Seems u have already made up your mind before requesting for a public opinion, well the truth is that SS ain't something to be hidden for long, the guy will be annoyed if he find out at a later stage, so be free and always open up, whoever will stay, will surely stay, and whoever will leave, will surely leave even without knowing the actual status of ur gene, so good luck dear

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by ikare(m): 11:35pm On Mar 08, 2019
Pls don't lie to any man because of ur status. The man dat will be urs will definitely come ur way,n of course, he will stay. I know. I am married to an ss babe, a true beautiful, selfless warrior. One of d first thing she told me when we started dating was her satus, right from d word go.n she wanted to know my genotype as well. D only reason she agreed to continue was my AA status. N believe u me, its bn unbelievable bliss. We hv bn happily married for 6 yrs, we've got 2 healthy gorgeous boys n i just couldn't ask for more. So pls, hang in there, don't lie about u, no shame or crime in bn ss. When u meet d one, he will stay. May u find dat one to hold ur hands forever. Ameen

5 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by kally90(f): 11:39pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

Sorry, I wanted to quote him not you.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by holysaint1(m): 11:48pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

It's OK. I sent you another mail. Same account.

am still waiting for the first person to ask for facebook name oo....
This one u people are shying up and down....

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by incogni2o: 11:56pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

Remember, You are not marrying 5 or 6 or 7 guys.

Its just one...and that one should be the right one.

So to summarize....You are safe and smart to tell the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by AngelHoly(m): 11:56pm On Mar 08, 2019
Dnt have much to say....
But DM if u really need a special counselling

But u must be truly have all dat u stated in ur ad
Most especially pretty and intelligent....

Am in Lagos state so inbox me asap
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by annford: 1:53am On Mar 09, 2019
Chi59:

Sent it?
Yes, Ma'am.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by RareBreeds(m): 6:33am On Mar 09, 2019
donstan18:

Madam! Your low self esteem is disturbing. Stop boasting and advertising yourself. You are this and that, yet men keep running away from you!

Do you think a man in his right sense will get married or comfortably date a sickle cell?

Kindly tell that man you are loving, so that you don't end up ruining his future, life and family with your deceitful plans.
You're very mad for talking to her in this manner.

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by pedrilo: 7:36am On Mar 09, 2019
Chi59:

You need a brain check
that's it. U dnt know how into talk n i pity u
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by millionboi2: 8:20am On Mar 09, 2019
Chi59:

if u are in abj.....pm
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by pussyAvenger: 10:46am On Mar 09, 2019
Chi59:

Nature has a way of compensating people, I guess.
you're right....l know this damsel, not exceptionally beautiful but very intelligent. My mum said sicklers experience life-threatening complications during birth..

l can't just get past that
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Tolupage(m): 11:04am On Mar 09, 2019
@Chi59 I really do understand how you feel, been in similar shoe and just getting over it too. I'd love it if we can chat better.
Zero Eight Zero 6052 sixteen fifty one.

Stay strong we'll get over this too.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 09, 2019
Tolupage:
@Chi59 I really do understand how you feel, been in similar shoe and just getting over it too. I'd love it if we can chat better.
Zero Eight Zero 6052 sixteen fifty one.

Stay strong we'll get over this too.

hi

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Throwback Picture Of Valentine's Day In 1965 / My Brother's Pre Wedding Photos / Why Infidelity Is On The Rise In Marriages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.