Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,251 members, 7,953,938 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:23 AM

Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? (35125 Views)

Do I Lie about The Condition Of Where I Stay to this girl / MEN!! Don't Let Society Lie To You!! This Kind Of Women DO NOT EXIST!! / I Lie? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 07, 2019
annford:

can I chat with you on WhatsApp, privately?
Send me a PM

3 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 07, 2019
[quote author=miracood post=76438798][/quote]
Is this supposed to be part of your advice?
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by MissRaine69(f): 6:06pm On Mar 07, 2019
As much as people want to argue there is a lot of stigma regarding sickle cell.
They don’t just “disappear” people lack the decency to tell you to your face. They would have told someone who then does a lot of scaremongering and you find yourself alone.
So before you get to the extent of being emotionally attached to someone, let them know your status from the get home. If you start a relationship by lying it’s going to backfire.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by annford: 6:10pm On Mar 07, 2019
[quote author=Chi59 post=76438829]

Send me a PM[/quote

I'm so sorry but I really do not know how that works. but I don't mind displaying my number here in the open.....07011192588.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 07, 2019
[quote author=annford post=76439144][/quote]
Click on my profile. You'll see "Send a message to Chi59". Though I'm not in the habit of checking my gmail, I'll definitely reply yours.

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 07, 2019
MissRaine69:
As much as people want to argue there is a lot of stigma regarding sickle cell.
They don’t just “disappear” people lack the decency to tell you to your face. They would have told someone who then does a lot of scaremongering and you find yourself alone.
So before you get to the extent of being emotionally attached to someone, let them know your status from the get home. If you start a relationship by lying it’s going to backfire.

Babe, you are right. This is what I've been doing. But the truth is hurting me nau.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 07, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Babe it best you tell him at the beginning when u have no feeling yet and see if he will accept u for u. Best to be with a guy who is AA. You deserve true love and you shall get it.

This Omotola's movie Mortal Inheritance comes to mind, you definitely find love.

Thanks sis
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by MissRaine69(f): 6:24pm On Mar 07, 2019
Chi59:

Babe, you are right. This is what I've been doing. But the truth is hurting me nau.
It will of course but such is the narrow minded aspect of our society.
What I would suggest is, for now focus on you and your own personal growth.
Stop looking for love, because most of the time what we find is just smoke nothing tangible.
Explore a potential love interests views regarding sickle cell before not after the fact. Most of what’s out there is misinformation and ignorance. You did not pick your genes therefore you cannot be hard on yourself.
For now take time to reflect and avoid the same types and pitfalls that you find yourself drawn to. Sometimes we overlook those that are close to us as not being suitable when they are the best thing that could ever happen to us.
All I am saying is dig deep with any potential interest.
A solid relationship takes time to build. Be patient.

9 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by annford: 6:31pm On Mar 07, 2019
Chi59:
I haven't been fortunate with guys.
My first attempt at a relationship failed woefully.
And so did the second, third and fourth.
It isnt entirely without a reason though.
I'm SS. I have been a Sickle cell advocate for many years. I don't shy away from talking about it on any level.

Apart from that fact, I'm beautiful, smart, funny, very lovely, outgoing (even as an ambivert). I poses a healthy level of empathy, self esteem and confidence.

Physically I'm tall, slim, moderately endowed. I have been told that I look healthier than some "healthy" people.
So I don't know, what am I lacking?
All the guys I've been in love with, for one flimsy reason or the other just disappear for no reason. Just like that.

Of course, I don't hide my genotype status, but then they seem cool with it. Months later, he disappears and leaves me heartbroken.

Now I find myself liking someone again (the fifth guy). We haven't gotten that close but I'm scared. Should I lie to him? What do I tell him?

I tried several times but the cursor wouldn't get activated. well, I've put up my number so we can chat anytime you want.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Oyindidi(f): 6:32pm On Mar 07, 2019
Chi59:

You do know that you can't bury the truth for long, right?
Know the genotype of the guy, if the guy is AA you're good to go. Don't hide it from him
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Fourwinds: 6:45pm On Mar 07, 2019
Chi59:

No. So far, I haven't let anyone into my "holy of holies"
hmmmmmmm
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 07, 2019
Fourwinds:
hmmmmmmm
Any problem with that?
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Emotionss: 6:50pm On Mar 07, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
Chi59:
I haven't been fortunate with guys.
My first attempt at a relationship failed woefully.
And so did the second, third and fourth.
It isnt entirely without a reason though.
I'm SS. I have been a Sickle cell advocate for many years. I don't shy away from talking about it on any level.

Apart from that fact, I'm beautiful, smart, funny, very lovely, outgoing (even as an ambivert). I poses a healthy level of empathy, self esteem and confidence.

Physically I'm tall, slim, moderately endowed. I have been told that I look healthier than some "healthy" people.
So I don't know, what am I lacking?
All the guys I've been in love with, for one flimsy reason or the other just disappear for no reason. Just like that.

Of course, I don't hide my genotype status, but then they seem cool with it. Months later, he disappears and leaves me heartbroken.

Now I find myself liking someone again (the fifth guy). We haven't gotten that close but I'm scared. Should I lie to him? What do I tell him?

I am AA
If truly you have the afro mentioned qualities let's meet.
I need me a slim lady with good quality.

6 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 07, 2019
Oyindidi:
Know the genotype of the guy, if the guy is AA you're good to go. Don't hide it from him

Funny enough they're the most afraid.
I've seen braver AS guys.

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Oyindidi(f): 6:54pm On Mar 07, 2019
Chi59:

Funny enough they're the most afraid.
I've seen braver AS guys.
Don't let that affect you in anyway. Your Prince charming will find you someday. Best of luck sweetheartkiss

6 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by izzou(m): 6:55pm On Mar 07, 2019
Oyindidi:
Don't let that affect you in anyway. Your Prince charming will find you someday. Best of luck sweetheartkiss

undecided
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 07, 2019
Oyindidi:

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Oyindidi(f): 6:56pm On Mar 07, 2019
izzou:

undecided
What? I still dey owe you?

3 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Oyindidi(f): 6:57pm On Mar 07, 2019
Chi59:

Thanks
You're welcome Honeyim

5 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 07, 2019
izzou:

undecided
Y ARE U SQUEEZING UR FACE LIKE COW YANSH??

2 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by izzou(m): 6:58pm On Mar 07, 2019
Oyindidi:
What? I still dey owe you?

You dey fear? grin

Calm down cool

The lady needs a solution, not a word of hope. Give her a solution
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Omoluabi16(m): 7:06pm On Mar 07, 2019
You have no reason to lie, else you'd be setting yourself up for another heartbreak. Good thing your 'holies of holies' is still intact so it's not a lose-lose situation. It doesn't really matter how many guys choose to walk away, most important thing is finding that person willing to go all the way with you. May I suggest you don't get top emotionally attached to mere boyfriends.. you need to be stronger than that.How about you stop thinking they were so good, and start thinking they didn't deserve you? It's just a matter of time before Mr right comes. Be honest!! All the best Chy59.

6 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Oyindidi(f): 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2019
izzou:

You dey fear? grin

Calm down cool

The lady needs a solution, not a word of hope. Give her a solution
I'm not giving her word of hope sweetheart
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by izzou(m): 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2019
Oyindidi:
I'm not giving her word of hope sweetheart

Her case is complicated...

She should lie to him. That's my opinion
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Oyindidi(f): 7:27pm On Mar 07, 2019
izzou:

Her case is complicated...

She should lie to him. That's my opinion
She should not try it. He will know the truth and break her heart.

How's your left hand doing? grin
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 07, 2019
Chi59:

The truth has robbed me of 4 good guys. How many more will I lose to the truth?

I sincerely don't know how to respond to this comment/question since you didn't provide any answers to the questions I posed.

For what it's worth, the truth did not rob you of 4 good guys (assuming that all that glitters is gold) as you alleged, but rather saved you from 4 guys who may not be willing to go the long haul with you.

In the end, only you can decide where to anchor your trust/hope - in yourself (physical + emotional attributes) or in God.

The truth will make you free
- John 8:32.

5 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by izzou(m): 7:30pm On Mar 07, 2019
Oyindidi:
She should not try it. He will know the truth and break her heart.

How's your left hand doing? grin

Its possible he will know the truth, understand and forgive her. Let her feel what being loved feels like

Ohh grin grin

I'm so bad that I can use both hands now. I am mastering the art of using the wall for maximum pleasure cool
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Oyindidi(f): 7:40pm On Mar 07, 2019
izzou:

Its possible he will know the truth, understand and forgive her. Let her feel what being loved feels like

Ohh grin grin

I'm so bad that I can use both hands now. I am mastering the art of using the wall for maximum pleasure cool
Yeye boygrin your hands are filthy
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by izzou(m): 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2019
Oyindidi:
Yeye boygrin your hands are filthy

I could teach you, if you care
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2019
Chi59, sent you a PM.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Oyindidi(f): 7:55pm On Mar 07, 2019
izzou:

I could teach you, if you care
What will I play with? Reply codedly tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Do Most People With Fine Voices Turn Out Ugly? / I Find It Hard To Leave My Cheating Girlfriend, Help / I Feel Cheated But couldn't Let Her Go.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.