Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,737 members, 7,820,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? (34643 Views)

Do I Lie about The Condition Of Where I Stay to this girl / MEN!! Don't Let Society Lie To You!! This Kind Of Women DO NOT EXIST!! / The Best Way To Get A Woman To Bed Is To Lie To Her, Facebook User Explains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Yankiss(m): 5:16pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:
I haven't been fortunate with guys.
My first attempt at a relationship failed woefully.
And so did the second, third and fourth.
It isnt entirely without a reason though.
I'm SS. I have been a Sickle cell advocate for many years. I don't shy away from talking about it on any level.

Apart from that fact, I'm beautiful, smart, funny, very lovely, outgoing (even as an ambivert). I poses a healthy level of empathy, self esteem and confidence.

Physically I'm tall, slim, moderately endowed. I have been told that I look healthier than some "healthy" people.
So I don't know, what am I lacking?
All the guys I've been in love with, for one flimsy reason or the other just disappear for no reason. Just like that.

Of course, I don't hide my genotype status, but then they seem cool with it. Months later, he disappears and leaves me heartbroken.

Now I find myself liking someone again (the fifth guy). We haven't gotten that close but I'm scared. Should I lie to him? What do I tell him?
Ensure you date only AA guy. Dating AS is pure disaster. But I won't encourage you to lie about your status. Don't disclose either unless it becomes necessary. If you marry an AA you won't give birth to a sickler only a carrier. You can use style to find out the genotype of your would be boy friend.

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by ttmax09(m): 5:19pm On Mar 08, 2019
izzou:

Her case is complicated...

She should lie to him. That's my opinion
What is complicated there i know quite a few ladies who are SS and are happily married. Likewise Men also.

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by ttmax09(m): 5:33pm On Mar 08, 2019
rex444:
I lost my closest cousin( a drop of tear for every time I remember that mofo) he a fighter, cunny fella ...tricky as well but he rest well after a good battle...story is his dad went ahead to marry an ss love of his life then, they had 5( all ss) 4 died not seeing em 5th bday but this Brave nigger fought till 27 years but still died...luck was they parents had to divorce and move on and d mum is married to an AA and d dad is also stable now with 4 kids.... Do not give up but do not bring others to suffer for what they know not....
Geez at 27. I thought they say once they reach age 24 They ve crossed. Sorry for ur loss bro
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by divineappo(m): 5:35pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:
I'm SS. I have been a Sickle cell advocate for many years. I don't shy away from talking about it on any level.

Apart from that fact, I'm beautiful, smart, funny, very lovely, outgoing (even as an ambivert). I poses a healthy level of empathy, self esteem and confidence.

Physically I'm tall, slim, moderately endowed. I have been told that I look healthier than some "healthy" people.
All the guys I've been in love with, for one flimsy reason or the other just disappear for no reason. Just like that.

Of course, I don't hide my genotype status, but then they seem cool with it. Months later, he disappears and leaves me heartbroken.

Now I find myself liking someone again (the fifth guy). We haven't gotten that close but I'm scared. Should I lie to him? What do I tell him?
it is well
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Futureyahooboi(m): 5:47pm On Mar 08, 2019
"Apart from that fact, I'm beautiful, smart, funny, very lovely, outgoing (even as an ambivert). I poses a healthy level of empathy, self esteem and confidence.

So I don't know, what am I lacking? "

Maybe you lack common sense because every woman is beautiful, smart, funny, very lovely and outgoing but what value do you add to their life's ....

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Spidermon: 5:48pm On Mar 08, 2019
The fear of fucking her to death will keep hanging at the tethers of my mind anytime we wanna have sex.

The fear of raising SS genotyped kids too. They just could be AS

Love gatz add common sense join body as follow come
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by nams77: 5:51pm On Mar 08, 2019
annford:

You're not being curious at all. well, she was always digging up stuffs online.....got misled and all. I'm AA while she's SS. we went to 3 different hospitals for tests and I always came out AA. she felt something might happen and then, boom! we'd have kids with SS. Stuffs like that don't bother me as long as the one I love is truly happy.
Probably didn't educate her well. There is no way u can have as children even if you had 50 of them. The worst would have been a carrier(AS).

Chify59
It's quite heartbreaking. But put your trust in God and ask him to bring the right person your way. Like I explained up there. Try and get hook up to an AA person.
Don't tell a lie please. It will come back to bite you.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by nams77: 5:55pm On Mar 08, 2019
Spidermon:
The fear of fucking her to death will keep hanging at the tethers of my mind anytime we wanna have sex.

The fear of raising SS genotyped kids too. They just could be AS

Love gatz add common sense join body as follow come

If a man is AA and marries an SS, they can never have SS children, at worse, AS
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by tosyne2much(m): 5:57pm On Mar 08, 2019
OAUTemitayo:
Please don't lie to him.
I once dated a SS and if there is one thing I cherish her for, it is her loyalty and honesty.. Though I broke up because of her feminist tendencies...
She is still someone I cherish a lot.
Never lie,it would create hatred for you at last.
The feminist tendencies is one of those things that turn me off in women too. They end of as terrible wives and it's something a young man should worry about

2 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by CodeTemplar: 6:10pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

please Are you are christian?
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 08, 2019
Futureyahooboi:

"Apart from that fact, I'm beautiful, smart, funny, very lovely, outgoing (even as an ambivert). I poses a healthy level of empathy, self esteem and confidence.

So I don't know, what am I lacking? "

Maybe you lack common sense because every woman is beautiful, smart, funny, very lovely and outgoing but what value do you add to their life's ....

I don't lack common sense.
Swerve!
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by amike99: 6:16pm On Mar 08, 2019
Hmmm sorry am also a SS 29yrs with 3yrs old son and in my final yr in skul, but I don't like pple calling me dat

I met my girlfriend during my ND days after 3month of dating I told her I was SS, r parent decline, but love keep d relationship going, she got pregnant but she decided to keep it. Due to financial problem she left but her conscience make her come begging

my advice for u are get a guy with conscience AA be faithful to him let him no ur genotype make sure he love u

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by annford: 6:28pm On Mar 08, 2019
GadgetHunter:
toast on baba.
Chi59 give this guy a chance, ain’t u seeing the logic, u guys should plan on a date girl, good luck wink

Lol man! easy, Sir. you just made me laugh so loud and hard. thanks man.

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

You need a brain check

He said the right thing, though in a very terrible and judgmental way.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by annford: 6:33pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

annford, do reply my pm
GadgetHunter, yeah

Chi59, please do not get mad at me. I've checked my mail and could find any message(s) from you. I'm worried but calm. I wrote out my number for you yesterday. I do not know if you ever saw it. I really need to speak with you.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by ogbevireo(m): 6:34pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

The truth has robbed me of 4 good guys. How many more will I lose to the truth?

How are they good guys when they cannot stand the truth?
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by 2emgee(m): 6:35pm On Mar 08, 2019
donstan18:

Madam! Your low self esteem is disturbing. Stop boasting and advertising yourself. You are this and that, yet men keep running away from you!

Do you think a man in his right sense will get married or comfortably date a sickle cell?

Kindly tell that man you are loving, so that you don't end up ruining his future, life and family with your deceitful plans.

Too harsh, take it easy on her pls be a little bit sensitive to people's emotion.

2 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Spidermon: 6:35pm On Mar 08, 2019
nams77:

If a man is AA and marries an SS, they can never have SS children, at worse, AS

Yes. The guys in question could be AS
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 08, 2019
annford:

Chi59, please do not get mad at me. I've checked my mail and could find any message(s) from you. I'm worried but calm. I wrote out my number for you yesterday. I do not know if you ever saw it. I really need to speak with you.

I sent you a message at midnight. The mail address starts from "Ab****@gmail. com"
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by kenedy175(m): 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2019
annford:
lying to someone just so they can stay, isn't a good thing. if you need to lie and dwell in lies so a guy would like you and stay with you, then there's a problem. I once fell in love with a lady who was SS but she left cos she felt we were risking our lives. my advice is that you tell the guy the truth and if he chooses to bounce, well, it's his loss and not yours. I would advice you be yourself and be in charge of your emotions. I wouldn't mind dating an SS lady again. peace.

Like someone said, there's definitely someone for everyone. You shouldn't lie to any guy about your condition. You should always come out straight. Love will find you .

Many people are looking at this from 1 perspective. "Marry an AA guy and you'll never bother about having kids with SS.." thats true. But do they know what a pregnant SS woman faces during delivery?? They are not even advised to give birth more than twice. The risk of crises is just too high.

My dear friend, love will find you. Just pray and plan your life well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by annford: 6:47pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

I sent you a message at midnight. The mail address starts from "Ab****@gmail. com"

oh wow! my sincerest apology. I got the mail but never knew it came from you. I just replied it. I'm so sorry.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

Are you saying that I give up on relationships?
Should I confine my self to a lifetime of loneliness simply because I have a genetic disorder?

Of course, I might stay single for a few more years but then I would love to find love and settle down someday.

Don't give up on relationship but invest heavily in your virtuousness. It could cover up for the genetic disorder before some guy and eventually choose to bear with you in marriage. With him in the know, both of you will be able to plan with a competent doctor and hopefully avoid having children with such genotype.

But don't reveal it until the relationship is "serious" so that he would have had enough time to see and experience your virtuousness firstly.

I pray you get a miracle some day on your genotype. But remain happy always - staying happy is a choice. Make that your choice.

2 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Vince77(m): 6:50pm On Mar 08, 2019
Don't ever start friendships/relationships with a lie/hiding the truth.
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by pussyAvenger: 6:51pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

That's sad. Maybe there's another reason she didn't hint you on. Because as far as I know, it's extremely rare for AA and AS to have kids with sickle cell.
I don't think there's a possibility of AA and SS having kids with sickle cell.
l notice that your type are usually highly academically sound . lz it a sort of conspiracy or what?

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by kenedy175(m): 6:56pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

Like someone said, there's definitely someone for everyone. You shouldn't lie to any guy about your condition. You should always come out straight. Love will find you .

Many people are looking at this from 1 perspective. "Marry an AA guy and you'll never bother about having kids with SS.." thats true. But do they know what a pregnant SS woman faces during delivery?? They are not even advised to give birth more than twice. The risk of crises is just too high.

My dear friend, love will find you. Just pray and plan your life well

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by sowilli: 7:19pm On Mar 08, 2019
Chi59:

The truth has robbed me of 4 good guys. How many more will I lose to the truth?
the truth can’t rob you of true love. The truth is preparing you for a better one. Nothing can stand against the truth. Truth is Truth. Whoever leaves you because you stand for the truth will not last if you lie to them either. I tell you from experience any decision and relationship based on lies CAN NEVER last.

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 08, 2019
annford:

Lol man! easy, Sir. you just made me laugh so loud and hard. thanks man.
real recognize real sir.
No games !!!

Goodluck, not Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by OAUTemitayo: 7:52pm On Mar 08, 2019
tosyne2much:
The feminist tendencies is one of those things that turn me off in women too. They end of as terrible wives and it's something a young man should worry about
I tell you.
Imagine saying my family cannot visit and sleep at my place if we marry.
It was a red flag..
And I really love her, but one need to use his sense

2 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by tosyne2much(m): 7:54pm On Mar 08, 2019
OAUTemitayo:

I tell you.
Imagine saying my family cannot visit and sleep at my place if we marry.
It was a red flag..
And I really love her, but one need to use his sense
That's a sign of a looming danger.. It doesn't make sense if you have a peaceful family and then a woman tears you apart.. You see how women turned Psquare against each other
Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by annford: 8:14pm On Mar 08, 2019
[quote author=GadgetHunter post=76470991] real recognize real sir. No games !!!
Goodluck, not Jonathan [/quote

Hmm this is deep. I appreciate strongly.

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by rex444(m): 8:16pm On Mar 08, 2019
ttmax09:
Geez at 27. I thought they say once they reach age 24 They ve crossed. Sorry for ur loss bro
nah not really, at the twenties I think they have strong crisis which if they beat it, next is 40's

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell: Should I Lie To Him? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 08, 2019
annford:

oh wow! my sincerest apology. I got the mail but never knew it came from you. I just replied it. I'm so sorry.

It's OK. I sent you another mail. Same account.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Romance Section Super Couple Game!!!!!!!! / My Brother's Pre Wedding Photos / Lady Shares How A Guy Turned Down A Female Cashier At A Mart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.