Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,555 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (530497 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mancala: 7:53pm On Dec 12, 2019
wuki:
You’re completely going on a tangent here. As someone pointed out earlier, I have no idea where folks come with certain theories: bell curve, sanctuary city, etc. California—and a host of other states—is also a sanctuary city welcoming to illegal immigrants. Not unique to MN. I am not questioning the specifics but then again you are reading WAY too much into this. Might as well ask OP to have applied to a different state with a higher likelihood of securing a visa. That’s sort of the crust of your argument — a better part of it was spent educating us about MN. So best to avoid applying for visa to MN moving forward.

Edit: the so-called “statistical bell curve” with all the unique info for every city/state, I would want to assume VO pulls this up every time a candidate shows up at the window. Let me see: this is probably one of the many things they might be looking up behind the computer screen during a 2-minute interview?

Not sure how and why the obvious is not coming through. It's common knowledge what certain states in the US are known for. If your reasons for visit seem unusual, there may be doubt. This is not unique to MN. It applies to all states. A tourist may want to go skiing in Hawaii. This is possible, and I have done it. But highly unusual/out of the normal for that destination. If that is the stated reason for visit, it may raise doubt in the mind of the VO. Just saying, a story that doesnt hang through could contribute to doubt and even be a reason for denial.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AngelicBeing: 8:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
Spanishmilf:
Na weather dey cause many gbas gbos here grin grin grin
Hmmmm

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wuki: 8:41pm On Dec 12, 2019
Could you please tell us what would have made OP’s story “hang” in a way that going on vacation and visiting a landmark in an extremely cold state couldn’t have? Perhaps if he had family in MN or if he was visiting NJ instead? Is that sort of the idea here or I’m I misunderstanding you?

Mancala:

Not sure how and why the obvious is not coming through. It's common knowledge what certain states in the US are known for. If your reasons for visit seem unusual, there may be doubt. This is not unique to MN. It applies to all states. A tourist may want to go skiing in Hawaii. This is possible, and I have done it. But highly unusual/out of the normal for that destination. If that is the stated reason for visit, it may raise doubt in the mind of the VO. Just saying, a story that doesnt hang through could contribute to doubt and even be a reason for denial.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 8:54pm On Dec 12, 2019
Mancala:

Its not an immigration bell curve. I was referring to the historical range of tourist activites/reasons for visiting that are associated with a destination. For example, a tourist from Nigeria might say they want to visit a vineyard/winery in Wisconsin. There are vineyards in Wisconsin, but it is not wine country like California. That would be unusual without some further explanation and or reasons for being there. It is not known for its wineries in the grand scheme of things. Dairyland/cheese land, YES!

Why does this even matter? Because of a legal priciple called consular absolutism. In essence, it is the general doctrine that a consular officer’s decision to grant or deny a visa is not subject to judicial review. When a consular officer denies a visa, the visa applicant is generally without any recourse. Some applications may receive administrative review by the State department’s visa office but this is generally limited and can only occur when requested by a consular officer. A visa applicant has no right to request such review.

In essence, a VO has all the power to grant or deny! A gut feel is enough to trigger a denial without recourse. How much more a trip that does not conform with the usual norms and devoid of a reasonable explanation?

You are just blowing unnecessary, out of place oyinbo and conjectures

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fogechi: 9:01pm On Dec 12, 2019
hello friends

i have been trying to schedule appointment for interview but its not going through. see attached where i stopped.

i got a message after uploading the passport. Your upload was successful. You will be contacted by email once your request is approved and your account is changed.

i want to asked..1. how long does it take....2. i have not inputted the receipt payment from GT

please advice

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dawnomike(m): 11:32pm On Dec 12, 2019
LadyGuinivere:
The ministry is growing! Bigger! Better! Stronger!

Welcome to part 4 of this thread. Old things must pass away, and new things take effect!n (Although the info in Parts 1, 2 and 3 remain priceless and Must/Ought to be read by any serious applicant.Part 2 was wonderful. Lots of lovely people offering great advice. Each in their own unique style. You guys rock!!! You know yourselves. Nice thread

For enquiries relating to likely interview questions and self evaluation, kindly go through both parts 1 and 2 of this thread so you have a fair knowledge of answers to such questions.

Kindly note that this is a do it yourself thread. Nobody here is an agent. Nobody is a VO, hence cannot authoritatively predict your chances of visa success .

Happy reading and good luck to all the honest visa seekers!

Please see part 1 here for reference:
https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa/322#38856287

See part 2 here for reference https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2

For part 3

https://www.nairaland.com/4116999/usa-visit-visa-part-3/507#77029195

Due to the fact that some questions are frequently asked, repeated and retreated, the links to the questions are contained herein for easy reference
For instructions and documents required for the application
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html

To book appointment and fill DS 160
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//niv_appointmnent_instructions.html

Note:The steps for the whole process is set out step by step. For your own good, adhere. If not, a possibility exists that the final ds 160 number will be different from the one used to book the appointment . Applicants in those situations will neither be allowed to enter the embassy nor will they be interviewed.
In the event of such an occurence, kindly call/email the embassy to sort it out .

Peraventure you wish to change a detail in an already submitted ds 160, fill a new one, submit and call/email the embassy

For US embassy contact Nos and email
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile/contact.html

For video interviews with actual VOs on frequently asked Questions
https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2/180#47174473

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/s/%23AsktheVOs

For documents : http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html

For sample transcripts of some interviews (as posted by the users of this thread) Please check this link https://www.nairaland.com/download/4692218

Finally, Lying on your ds 160 or during the interview is misrepresentation and a crime. This thread's aim is not to teach / coach applicants on how to lie. The truth is ALWAYS the best course of action no matter the situation. Please DO NOT ask about how to misrepresent on this thread.

I'm grateful to God that I am alive to create this new part. And for the several friends I have made hereon.

Thank you.
Humbly
LadyGuinivere
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mancala: 12:01am On Dec 13, 2019
wuki:
Could you please tell us what would have made OP’s story “hang” in a way that going on vacation and visiting a landmark in an extremely cold state couldn’t have? Perhaps if he had family in MN or if he was visiting NJ instead? Is that sort of the idea here or I’m I misunderstanding you?

OP wants to visit an obscure, unremarkable landmark in the largest indoor mall in America as a primary reason for visiting the state and at the low tourist season.. Begs further questions in my opinion.
This is my opinion only and what makes more sense to me. When asked for itinerary, he could have mentioned plans to visit some of these destinations/attractions that MN is known for. It makes it more believeable to me.
Canal park in Duluth
Skiing in Lutsen or just visit for spectacular views
Mennehaha falls
Eden Prairie ice castles
Lake superior ice caves
Gunflint trail
Snowmobiling … Waconia snowmobile trails
Visit an art Museum
Tour a craft Brewery.

Alternatively, visiting family and and wanting to visit Nickeloden universe in addition is more plausible. If you are a fan of Nickelodeon, and willing to fly thousands of miles to visit one of their theme parks in the US as a primary reason, the obvious choice is the NJ location. Its much larger, much better and overall airfare will be cheaper and more direct. For example, what would you think if a tourist wanted to visit Nigeria with the primary reason of visiting a Nigerian open air market, and the choice was Agbowo market opposite U.I. in Ibadan? Wouldnt that strike you as odd? Wouldnt you know that Ariaria or Balogun or Alaba or Onitsha main market would be more obvious choices, barring any other motives?

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Yosfa: 6:04am On Dec 13, 2019
Hello everyone, here is how my interview went

Vo. good morning

Me. good morning and how are you doing this morning

Vo. Good thanks and you

Me. Not bad thank you

Vo. Your passport please

Me. Handover my passport

Vo. What are you going to do in US

Me. My uncle 25 years wedding anniversary

Vo. Oh really

Me. Yes

Vo. Where do you work

Me. I told her

Vo. How much do you earn

Me. Told her

Vo .Have you travel outside Nigeria

Me. Yes

Vo. How long do you plan to spend in state

Me. 10 days

Vo. Are you married

Me. Yes

Vo. How many kids

Me. 3

She just handover my passport and yellow paper saying sorry you are not qualify to travel.

Please what surprised me was that after I took my passport and the refusal letter from her, on my way going out of the America Lagos embassy , she was calling me back, I didnt notice I was the one she was calling, she sent security to call me back, when I went to her she took back my passport back from me and she started typing on her system for about 5 minutes, tell me please am sorry kindly wait there's an error, she continues typing still keep on telling me there is an error, later she just said am truly sorry kindly reapply, she handover back my passport and she. Called next. Please can someone tell me why this happened
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UhnNah: 7:12am On Dec 13, 2019
Yosfa:

Vo. good morning

Me. good morning and how are you doing this morning

Vo. Good thanks and you

Me. Not bad thank you

Vo. Your passport please

Me. Handover my passport

Vo. What are you going to do in US

Me. My uncle 25 years wedding anniversary

Vo. Oh really

Me. Yes

Vo. Where do you work

Me. I told her

Vo. How much do you earn

Me. Told her

Vo .Have you travel outside Nigeria

Me. Yes

Vo. How long do you plan to spend in state

Me. 10 days

Vo. Are you married

Me. Yes

Vo. How many kids

Me. 3

She just handover my passport and yellow paper saying sorry you are not qualify to travel.

Please what surprised me was that after I took my passport and the refusal letter from her, on my way going out of the America Lagos embassy , she was calling me back, I didnt notice I was the one she was calling, she sent security to call me back, when I went to her she took back my passport back from me and she started typing on her system for about 5 minutes, tell me please am sorry kindly wait there's an error, she continues typing still keep on telling me there is an error, later she just said am truly sorry kindly reapply, she handover back my passport and she. Called next. Please can someone tell me why this happened

Your transcript is not fully detailed! Are you comfortable sharing how much you earn on the internet? If no ignore this question! If yes,how much did you tell the VO you earn?

Also,the travel history! Did you mention the country(s) you’ve been? If yes,can you list them here?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 7:35am On Dec 13, 2019
Mancala:

OP wants to visit an obscure, unremarkable landmark in the largest indoor mall in America as a primary reason for visiting the state and at the low tourist season.. Begs further questions in my opinion.
This is my opinion only and what makes more sense to me. When asked for itinerary, he could have mentioned plans to visit some of these destinations/attractions that MN is known for. It makes it more believeable to me.

Alternatively, visiting family and and wanting to visit Nickeloden universe in addition is more plausible. If you are a fan of Nickelodeon, and willing to fly thousands of miles to visit one of their theme parks in the US as a primary reason, the obvious choice is the NJ location. Its much larger, much better and overall airfare will be cheaper and more direct. For example, what would you think if a tourist wanted to visit Nigeria with the primary reason of visiting a Nigerian open air market, and the choice was Agbowo market opposite U.I. in Ibadan? Wouldnt that strike you as odd? Wouldnt you know that Ariaria or Balogun or Alaba or Onitsha main market would be more obvious choices, barring any other motives?

To be honest I aligned with your view not like @Wuki is wrong, the main issue here is that before late 2017, their reason for travel to U.S won't be an issue at all but the applicants did not help themselves by not doing proper research of where they want to visit and if the Nickelodeon park in NJ was chosen they can even include visiting New York City as part of their visit.
While @Wuki stand is that choice of place to visit shouldn't be a reason for denial but as at now it is, and it's unfortunate that applicant still use 2013-2017 tactics to apply for U.S visa.
As applicant we need to do better by working on your ''ties'' which overall will make you a better person.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 7:43am On Dec 13, 2019
Yosfa:

Vo. good morning

Vo. How many kids

Me. 3

The system gave you that visa but she override it after calling you back, try to re-apply as soon as possible and apart from visiting for just wedding include things like sight seeing and shopping for the New Year, you know things that will add money to the U.S Economy and also don't forget to tell them that you're the only one representing your family.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 7:44am On Dec 13, 2019
UhnNah:

Your transcript is not fully detailed! Are you comfortable sharing how much you earn on the internet? If no ignore this question! If yes,how much did you tell the VO you earn?

Also,the travel history! Did you mention the country(s) you’ve been? If yes,can you list them here?

She does not need to share those info, I believe her travel history is okay.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UhnNah: 7:55am On Dec 13, 2019
seyewest:

The system gave you that visa but she override it after calling you back, try to re-apply as soon as possible and apart from visiting for just wedding include things like sight seeing and shopping for the New Year, you know things that will add money to the U.S Economy and also don't forget to tell them that you're the only one representing your family.

The system’. Hold on! Are you saying there’s a ‘thing’ that decides if you get the visa or not apart from the VO? Like they typed the OP’s profile into it and wait for the green light?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dotcomnamenamee(m): 8:16am On Dec 13, 2019
UhnNah:

The system’. Hold on! Are you saying there’s a ‘thing’ that decides if you get the visa or not apart from the VO? Like they typed the OP’s profile into it and wait for the green light?

Very good question
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Yosfa: 8:49am On Dec 13, 2019
Thanks for your good advice, anyway I told the vo have traveled to Ethiopia about 6 times, turkey and Togo, Ghana, don't just know why she called me back and start typing by telling me sorry and she even took back my passport and refusal paper from me, after typing for about 5 min, she just shake her head and say so so sorry reapply
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Yosfa: 8:52am On Dec 13, 2019
I earn 550,000 as monthly salary
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by alimatuu: 8:57am On Dec 13, 2019
Hello,
I paid for US visa March this year but changed my mind about applying cos I could not afford to leave my business. The business is too young and growing very fast and wont want to disappoint client in the name of traveling to the US. A friend told me the fee is for one year and after a year it will be useless. I have no reason traveling to US anytime soon and also do not want to 'dash' US my money. Please advice!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by micluv111: 9:36am On Dec 13, 2019
Yosfa:
Thanks for your good advice, anyway I told the vo have traveled to Ethiopia about 6 times, turkey and Togo, Ghana, don't just know why she called me back and start typing by telling me sorry and she even took back my passport and refusal paper from me, after typing for about 5 min, she just shake her head and say so so sorry reapply

Do you by any chance see any white paper in front of her?

Her mind issue that visa honestly.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UhnNah: 10:03am On Dec 13, 2019
Yosfa:

There you go! Ghana and these african countries are a red flag at the embassy! They feel like you made these trips just to have a travel history to enhance your chance of getting a US visa!

What i think happened in your case! The VO bought your story and wanted to issue you the visa but was taking the final ‘go ahead’ from a superior or a fellow VO (All that typing might be a chat with another VO or a superior) then the person advised the VO not to issue it!

What you should do,reapply and if you don’t have stamps to Ghana and togo on your passport,don’t bother mentioning these 2 countries when the travel history question comes up again! Good luck!

Edit : I made this comment because of 1-2 applicants who said the VO didn’t regard (Not verbally) their trips to Ghana as a travel history! Alot of 9-5 guys travel to West african countries for trainings etc and people visit these neighboring african countries for other reasons that has nothing to do with getting a US visa at all!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 10:06am On Dec 13, 2019
alimatuu:
Hello,
I paid for US visa March this year but changed my mind about applying cos I could not afford to leave my business. The business is too young and growing very fast and wont want to disappoint client in the name of traveling to the US. A friend told me the fee is for one year and after a year it will be useless. I have no reason traveling to US anytime soon and also do not want to 'dash' US my money. Please advice!

You shouldn't have paid if your business was young and growing fast and you can't leave it.

Option for you is to apply, get the visa and plan a trip anytime in the next 2 years.
So just do that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by groovychik(f): 11:37am On Dec 13, 2019
Pls reapply immediately. I asked someone and was told she changed her decision, tried to correct it and met with a glitch. That is the reason for all the apology and advice by VO to reapply
Yosfa:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:42am On Dec 13, 2019
UhnNah:

Yes, A Computer, a device that assist the consular officer in making the right decision.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:46am On Dec 13, 2019
UhnNah:

There you go! Ghana and these african countries are a red flag at the embassy! They feel like you made these trips just to have a travel history to enhance your chance of getting a US visa!

What i think happened in your case! The VO bought your story and wanted to issue you the visa but was taking the final ‘go ahead’ from a superior or a fellow VO (All that typing might be a chat with another VO or a superior) then the person advised the VO not to issue it!

What you should do,reapply and if you don’t have stamps to Ghana and togo on your passport,don’t bother mentioning these 2 countries when the travel history question comes up again! Good luck!

Don't lead her astray or give her in correct advice, visiting or traveling to Togo or Ghana is not bad especially for someone with good travel history, I'm planning to do a West Africa tour by January ending, does that mean I won't be issue U.S visa? No I think the most important thing is having expansive travel history, mix your travel, a little of Europe, East Africa, Middle East, West Africa and Asia.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:51am On Dec 13, 2019
alimatuu:
Hello,

Unless your plan is to travel to U.S and stay illegal, you can always apply for U.S visa and travel for few days and return to your business.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 11:54am On Dec 13, 2019
seyewest:

Yes, A Computer, a device that assist the consular officer in making the right decision.
FUNNY
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:56am On Dec 13, 2019
Spanishmilf:
FUNNY

what is funny about it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 13, 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 12:01pm On Dec 13, 2019
Bluefin:

She probably mistakenly selected approved instead of denied. She didn’t want to start telling you stories that she made a mistake. Maybe she needed your passport details to go back to your file since she had no way to trace you back she called you.
Yeah ✌ you are right.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 12:02pm On Dec 13, 2019
seyewest:

what is funny about it?
The device stuff
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UhnNah: 12:02pm On Dec 13, 2019
seyewest:

Well,Op returned without a visa,obviously this ‘computer’ has very limited power in visa issuance!

But im not arguing there’s no system like that! Infact,im putting it in my believes that there’s something like that at the US embassy!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UhnNah: 12:07pm On Dec 13, 2019
seyewest:

Don't lead her astray or give her in correct advice, visiting or traveling to Togo or Ghana is not bad especially for someone with good travel history, I'm planning to do a West Africa tour by January ending, does that mean I won't be issue U.S visa? No I think the most important thing is having expansive travel history, mix your travel, a little of Europe, East Africa, Middle East, West Africa and Asia.

Ghana,togo and these West african countries might fly on a profile with a solid travel history (Schengen states,uk,Australia,USA,Asia etc) To the VO’s,this particular Applicant has only been to Turkey!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 13, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.